IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

On 1/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that all the birthdays pics show the birthday honoree sitting in a desk chair -- probably the kind with wheels?  Why?  Doesn't the parent's bedroom have any regular type of chair? I just seems so odd.

That's not what strikes me as odd in this scenario, lol. I myself have zero chairs in my bedroom, regular, rolling, or otherwise. 

In between being envious of people who have bedrooms big enough for armchairs, I'm going to just be glad that they're sitting on any kind of chair at all, and not the bed. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On their FamTeam Facebook page, there is a minute long clip of Vine Valley. It features some really powerful acting. /sarcasm. I would love to know what the plot of this film is. It features a college professor getting lost in the woods. In various pics, I've always seen it being old time era. These people are bizarre!

Have we seen any other clips of Vine Valley before? I'm digging through their Facebook now.

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Why is Rick getting cereal delivered to his office? WTF? 

And why is it on the floor? What is Rick going to do with all that cereal?

17 hours ago, katilac said:

That's not what strikes me as odd in this scenario, lol. I myself have zero chairs in my bedroom, regular, rolling, or otherwise. 

In between being envious of people who have bedrooms big enough for armchairs, I'm going to just be glad that they're sitting on any kind of chair at all, and not the bed. 

WHY do they celebrate in the bedroom? That baffles me. Not once have we ever felt the need to have cake in the master bedroom, or to open presents there. That is the weird part. I'm okay with the chair, wheels or no wheels. 

We have a chair in our bedroom, without wheels. My husband dumps his clothing there every night until it's full and then puts it all in the hamper. That is also weird, but after nearly 40 years I'm not going to change him. :my_smile:

23 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is it possible that Rick and Cathy have never thought about what's going to happen when they're gone? Maybe Rick is busy writing excrutiatingly detailed instructions in order to control their lives from the grave.

Maybe that is the purpose of Vine Valley. Maybe it teaches lessons for life after mom and dad are gone. Or perhaps, as it is never ending, it will give all 14 Arndt offspring a reason to continue living together safe at home, because they have to finish it for them, in their honor. Even though it never will be finished....

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Why is Rick getting cereal delivered to his office? WTF? 

And why are there four bags of cereal on top of the blue container but only three boxes?  

7 hours ago, Howl said:

And why are there four bags of cereal on top of the blue container but only three boxes?  

The whole thing is just plain weird. 

It looks like he's "driving" the boxes. Something my 3 year old nephew would do. 

8 hours ago, Letgo said:

WHY do they celebrate in the bedroom? That baffles me. Not once have we ever felt the need to have cake in the master bedroom, or to open presents there. That is the weird part. I'm okay with the chair, wheels or no wheels. 

iirc, it's something they started when they had many little kids. It was regarded as a big treat to enter mom & dad's room and be given special attention. They just, you know, never stopped. 

It's so weird. Why does the dad need 4 bags of dry cereal in his office? Is the walk to the kitchen too long? How is it being delivered, by magic carpet? There's a rug on the floor there, conveniently. Or maybe the cereal is stored in the blue container in case the dad pulls an all nighter "working". Does Smart Start cereal make you smart? :Where-in-the-world-is-matt-:

Why put it on FB at all?! 

Maybe the manboy is delivering them to Rick's office so that he can them add in the crushed up castration pills without the others seeing. 

On 24 January 2017 at 8:25 PM, Letgo said:

Maybe that is the purpose of Vine Valley. Maybe it teaches lessons for life after mom and dad are gone. Or perhaps, as it is never ending, it will give all 14 Arndt offspring a reason to continue living together safe at home, because they have to finish it for them, in their honor. Even though it never will be finished....

That idea is weird but would also make a brilliant plot for a psychological type horror film. Directed by Steven Speilberg, so it would be believable and not OTT.

23 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

BEcause they're the Arndts, they used to have conversations with each other on their website. 

23 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

It's so weird. Why does the dad need 4 bags of dry cereal in his office? Is the walk to the kitchen too long? How is it being delivered, by magic carpet? There's a rug on the floor there, conveniently. Or maybe the cereal is stored in the blue container in case the dad pulls an all nighter "working". Does Smart Start cereal make you smart? :Where-in-the-world-is-matt-:

I get the feeling that most of what the Arndts post are running family jokes.  And almost anything, no matter how silly, can IMO seem worth doing (and posting) if it's part of an ongoing gag or enjoyable game.  Like maybe 30 years ago something funny happened where whoever was a toddler at that time spilled cereal into the hallway, maybe trying to bring some to Daddy, and it became a thing they re-create/celebrate every year.  I'll bet they have dozens if not hundreds of odd little family jokes.

In fact maybe that's how they keep everyone focused on staying Safe At Home is by making it all such a fun game -- who would want to go out in the boring old world when all the fun is here at home?

Oh god the last of the boys will be old enough to be on the softball team. They've been posting anti abortion stuff and Trump stuff all day. I cannot deal with this foolishness! Show me the penguins! 

31 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:
I cannot deal with this foolishness! Show me the penguins! 

Along with a few shots of the hunky  manboys:GPn0zNK: 

Just now, Suz8710 said:

Along with a few shots of the hunky  manboys:GPn0zNK: 

Maybe Kelly Bates style with some mud and defrauding tshirts ;) 

On 1/25/2017 at 11:17 PM, church_of_dog said:

I get the feeling that most of what the Arndts post are running family jokes.  And almost anything, no matter how silly, can IMO seem worth doing (and posting) if it's part of an ongoing gag or enjoyable game.  Like maybe 30 years ago something funny happened where whoever was a toddler at that time spilled cereal into the hallway, maybe trying to bring some to Daddy, and it became a thing they re-create/celebrate every year.  I'll bet they have dozens if not hundreds of odd little family jokes.

In fact maybe that's how they keep everyone focused on staying Safe At Home is by making it all such a fun game -- who would want to go out in the boring old world when all the fun is here at home?

Ahhh! I would never think of that. Our family has multiple running jokes, one that pops up on FB occasionally. I see things too directly!

Does anyone else get a little freaked out and a little depressed reading this thread? 

What is going on with them? It is just so strange and unsettling. All of them (almost) adults. Some almost 40. 

All still at home. The 20 year old daughter dressing like a 10 year old. The men the same age as my husband playing with penguins.

Maybe I'll bow out now until a new thread is started with a marriage or someone moving out. 

***Please do start a new thread if that happens so I don't miss it!***

I haven't added anything to this thread in ages as everyone else says (& so much better than me!) what I am thinking. But I am still following along and the quesy uneasy feeling I get is not nice so...farewell Arndts and your strange penguin vine valley safe at home 'life' 

On 1/24/2017 at 3:25 PM, Letgo said:

Out of all the theories for the Arndts' weirdness, this one seems to fit the best. And is by far the creepiest. Folks, I don't think Vine Valley was ever intended for eyes outside the family... :pb_eek:

I'm now giggling, imagining, segments of Vine Valley being shown in a gallery like the Tate Modern, or the Hayward Gallery, as part of an exhibition of art/experimental films.  Alongside the films of Derek Jarman/Bill Viola, and things like 24 Hour Psycho.  It would be in there as the endless project, which the family eternally worked on as a spiritual project, hoping that in editing and re-editing, they would find deep religious truths (of course it would work better if there was a third generation to carry on the work into the future...)

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Cathy is working out! 

And letting her hair return to its natural color! Go, Cathy!

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Cathy is working out! 

They have had to reshoot scenes because everyone is getting older.

When Rick and Cathy die, they will then have to recast it. One of the manboys will play the Rick character, and Wizzy will be Cathy's character. They'll have to start from the beginning. Plus there will be knew technology then, so they will need to get knew equipment, better cameras, new sound effects, new music, ...

Oh my god....

39 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They have had to reshoot scenes because everyone is getting older.

When Rick and Cathy die, they will then have to recast it. One of the manboys will play the Rick character, and Wizzy will be Cathy's character. They'll have to start from the beginning. Plus there will be knew technology then, so they will need to get knew equipment, better cameras, new sound effects, new music, ...

Oh my god....

That there is a sequel script for the post Arndt horror film filmed by Steven Speilberg ( or his grandchildren) depending on when the Arndt senior depart for Heaven.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived