IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

On the "Izzy vs Spud  - who's cuter/ smarter/ got better parents" front - my 2 cents is that Izzy is quite big for his age and in most of his pics I've seen, he has his mouth open.  Which doesn't mean anything at all about how smart he is, except there's sort of this bias about 'mouth breathers being less intelligent' and also that he looks older than he really is, so putting those together, he might come across as less intelligent than he really is.  In reality he might be a brilliant kid who needs adenoid surgery when he's a little older ;-).  

He won't get to hone that brilliance if he attends Lyceé de la Table de Diner.

Though I do agree that Izzy looking older is what makes him look so "off". Spud looks much more like a baby, but Izzy kind of came out looking two years old, which makes him look "off" when he's acting like a typical baby his age.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an amazing skill to be able to tell someone's parenting abilities from a handful of photos and a few minutes of video.  Social workers should probably look into acquiring this skill, it'll save a lot of time and money to doing home visits.  Just send us a bunch of photos and we'll decide whether you are a fit parent or not.  Simple!

22 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

I don't ever remember Meechelle interacting with or looking at her kids lovingly like that.

Welllllll......She only had them for 6 months before she passed them off to a sister mom.  And most of that 6 months, they were in a breast friend.    UGH!

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Lyceé de la Table de Diner.

:Kaboomm:

I think Jill may have a bit of guilt with Izzy. 

After all she has been through this past year, maybe she feels guilty he has to go through it too and doesn't know how to deal with it causing a disconnect. 

I read a study a while ago that said that when there is a large age gap in siblings AND when the elder siblings are heavily responsible for their younger siblings care, the relationship that develops is closer to parent/child on both sides.  Studies showed that elder siblings who lost their younger siblings more than 12 years younger than them tended to experience a grief more akin to a parent losing a child (chances of this happening were highest with female elder siblings).  

We've definitely seen that Jill had a "little family" with her buddies.  Especially with the younger ones, those were in a VERY real sense her children.  She suddenly "lost" that parent relationship with them and then immediately had a new child.  Perhaps she is experiencing grief and issues with bonding because of the "loss" of her former children, and she can't really deal with that because she can't admit that yes, they WERE hers and she WAS their mother.  

Jessa, on the other hand, who liked her buddies but was more sisterly towards them, experienced less loss and had a longer time to adjust before her child, making her more ready and able to bond.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I think the impact of marriage and leaving on both sister moms and buddies is something that is far more profound than the movement would like to admit.  

11 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2778429/jessa-duggar-seewald-accused-of-choosing-immodest-clothing-for-baby/

never done a link, I hope I did it correctly.

this blurb on the inquisitor is funny (at least to me) about Jessa posting an 'immodest' baby picture online.

I am all about pictures - but I don't like that picture 

so many reasons 

Hmmm, went down that rabbit hole. Clicked on the inquisitor link, was reading the story and then clicked on an "much discussed IG photo" which took me to a new story which said this.....

Another commenter said that “little ones need modesty too,” while another wrote that it was “creepy” that people were having a conversation about how much skin is okay for a baby girl to show. However, as Gawker reports, the ATI homeschool materials used by the Duggars do seem to suggest that immodest babies and young children can cause serious problems, including sexual abuse. In a document titled “Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family,” an older boy who sexually molests his young siblings blames their immodest dress for his actions.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2573441/anna-duggars-choice-sparks-debate-about-baby-modesty-amy-duggar-tweets-about-cheating-devastation/#gVERfGURUD1Zzv2G.99

Bolded by me.....sorry if this has been brought up before.

On February 9, 2016 at 7:24 PM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2778429/jessa-duggar-seewald-accused-of-choosing-immodest-clothing-for-baby/

never done a link, I hope I did it correctly.

this blurb on the inquisitor is funny (at least to me) about Jessa posting an 'immodest' baby picture online.

Once again, Jessa is compared to Jill, and this time they discuss how nobody ever said this about all Jill's picks of Izzy without pants... 

On February 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Hmmm, went down that rabbit hole. Clicked on the inquisitor link, was reading the story and then clicked on an "much discussed IG photo" which took me to a new story which said this.....

Another commenter said that “little ones need modesty too,” while another wrote that it was “creepy” that people were having a conversation about how much skin is okay for a baby girl to show. However, as Gawker reports, the ATI homeschool materials used by the Duggars do seem to suggest that immodest babies and young children can cause serious problems, including sexual abuse. In a document titled “Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family,” an older boy who sexually molests his young siblings blames their immodest dress for his actions.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2573441/anna-duggars-choice-sparks-debate-about-baby-modesty-amy-duggar-tweets-about-cheating-devastation/#gVERfGURUD1Zzv2G.99

All of this freaks me out

I didn't read many comments,  but I got the impression that people pointing about Elliot's "immodesty" were mocking Duggar beliefs as opposed to actually criticizing what a baby was wearing. Or maybe I'm projecting because I don't want to believe that people are even more stupid that I assume.

Victim blaming much? So Jill and Jessa should have taken turns staying awake so Josh wouldn't have been tempted? And what can you say about a girl who did not have a buddy with her while she was doing laundry? Or a child who just wanted her big brother to read her a story? SMH:shakehead2:

6 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Not sure if I should post this.....but here is Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family.....

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/media/Lessons_From_Moral_Failures_in_a_Family.pdf

Be sure and have the bleach handy.

The what the fuckery from that is astounding.  On what planet is it ever ok to say that how children dress is the reason they get abused.  These people are sick, very very sick.

Now I'm going to bathe myself in the :brainbleach:

Ewwwwwww.

I actually thought it was Josh for quite a long time, until I got to the bit about his mother being a nurse, and him working in a local store. Scary similarities though.

Shudder.

Ewwwww, it sure sounds like Josh. Are there many young men/boys who do this? Apperently it is a problem in their cult?

Josh has made my skin crawl since the first special. He has the same look in his eyes and the same mannerisms as someone in my family (who btw did the same thing). So my gut feeling was not wrong about him.

14 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Not sure if I should post this.....but here is Lessons From Moral Failures in a Family.....

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/media/Lessons_From_Moral_Failures_in_a_Family.pdf

Be sure and have the bleach handy.

I'm going to have to take a long hot shower now.  Probably followed by an extended session of looking at kitten pictures on the internet.  And a big mug of cocoa. :(

These people are sick!

On 2/9/2016 at 9:58 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Whoa...just so much whoa. Newsflash: If you're sexually attracted to a baby or child, the problem isn't that the baby or child is showing too much skin.  This is not difficult. WTF is WRONG with these people?!?  These people disgust me on so many levels. 

Although, I do wonder if the ridiculousness of the criticism (Oh, my! Legs! On a baby! Get me my smelling salts!) and the belittling of it by the commenters maybe made at least a little of an impact on the parents in a positive, look how stupid this obsession with legs showing on children is, way.  

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, ambereyes said:

Ewwwww, it sure sounds like Josh. Are there many young men/boys who do this? Apperently it is a problem in their cult?

Jim Boob and DQ says it happens a lot in families like theirs.  That was their conclusion when they asked other families about Josh's "curiosity" with his sisters. 

1 hour ago, doubleT said:

Jim Boob and DQ says it happens a lot in families like theirs.  That was their conclusion when they asked other families about Josh's "curiosity" with his sisters. 

I wonder if they are kind of using the "oh well we're not the only ones" to remain ignorant to this problem.

If sexual abuse was rampant I would be losing my sh*t to say the very least...

However, I am not a Duggar and my brain isn't bleached beyond comprehension.

7 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

If sexual abuse was rampant I would be losing my sh*t to say the very least...

Not to worry.  It's only rampant in families like the Duggar family, i.e., quiverfull families (with too many kids to parent).

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

Not to worry.  It's only rampant in families like the Duggar family, i.e., quiverfull families (with too many kids to parent).

You don't mean that, right? Sexual abuse by family members is common outside quiverfull families as well. I'm not trying to stir the pot by any means, I just don't think we should down play sexual abuse that can and does happen in secular families.

13 minutes ago, habert said:

You don't mean that, right? Sexual abuse by family members is common outside quiverfull families as well. I'm not trying to stir the pot by any means, I just don't think we should down play sexual abuse that can and does happen in secular families.

Unfortunately, it happened in mine, though not son to sister.  It is more common in white, middle class families than we want to believe.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived