IGNORED

Maxwell Thanksgiving Post

Dru

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two things I noticed off the bat:

John's belly is noticeable.  Guess he didn't do the Maxhell fast with his dad.  I'm a bit surprised that a guy his age in a family that fasts so often and emphasizes exercise is putting on weight already. It's pretty obvious that his trips away from home are introducing him to the delights of eating the non-Maxwell way-- foods with flavor and variety.

I've noticed too that Stud John has been putting on the weight over his tummy, shame as he has a good upper body. Snarking aside, as a personal trainer myself their workout regime is pretty good with lots of traditional moves like dead lifts, squats etc. however it's not just food that puts the fat on... Maybe too much grape juice on these irrigation conference after parties?

Wth is with Sarah's outfit? The ill-fitting baggy blue shirt, the white undershirt that makes her top half look like a clown costume, and the badly-sewn skirt? Why?

Anna, on the other hand, looks like the adorable, fresh-faced young woman that she is. The colors and patterns work well together, and more importantly, her clothes fit. Mary looks nice, too.

Oh Maxwell's. Dear servant heart having, Jesus loving  Maxwell's. 24 hours a day together and you've got nothin'. everyone is thankful for everyone else's servant heart and Jesus loving. :pb_lol:  Seriously, if this is an example of the sort of lives we are supposed to live to get into heaven. No thank you so very much. Blerg and yawn. 

I've noticed too that Stud John has been putting on the weight over his tummy, shame as he has a good upper body. Snarking aside, as a personal trainer myself their workout regime is pretty good with lots of traditional moves like dead lifts, squats etc. however it's not just food that puts the fat on... Maybe too much grape juice on these irrigation conference after parties?

I don't know if it's that John's gained weight or if it's just that he seems to cram a knapsack's worth of stuff into the pockets of his jeans. In almost every recent photo his pockets always look lumpy and it not only pulls on the fabric but tends to make his belly look larger than it probably is. Not that he should take a clue from Christopher and his he-main utility belt and phone clip, but it might not be a bad idea to empty his pockets and use a backpack or soft-sided briefcase or something to carry everything else. I promise, John, it won't make you less manly.

Sarah just looks like she gave up.

I have the exact same shirt Sarah is wearing, except I typically don't layer it with another shirt. 

Anna, on the other hand, looks like the adorable, fresh-faced young woman that she is. The colors and patterns work well together, and more importantly, her clothes fit. Mary looks nice, too.

Wow, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that.  Maybe if Anna had left the dark T-shirt off or had worn a white t-shirt, but the ensemble that she put together is really awful and because the bottom of her undershirt is showing it makes it appear as if her skirt is falling off.  I agree her blouse does have some shape to it and the color is fine with the skirt even if the pattern is not my favorite.  Mary's blouse is also a bit shaped and it matches her skirt but the skirt is really ugly and hangs badly.  Plus it is wrinkled.  It is a fine outfit for doing grubby chores but I can't understand why the girls look so slovenly all of the sudden.  Why didn't Anna tuck her undershirt in?  Why didn't Mary iron her skirt?  Why did Sarah pick that top at all?  These girls are young and have lovely figures.  They are healthy and should be looking their best, but instead they look depressed and as though they chose their clothes randomly out of a rag bag. My daughter is 22 and I can't imagine her being so careless with her clothes-- nor was I at that age.  They don't have to wear make up, they don't have to wear trendy clothes, they don't have to have expensive haircuts but the way they dress for a family photo makes me think that Steve must have said something about vanity or being too concerned with one's appearance as the slippery slope to hell.

I have the exact same shirt Sarah is wearing, except I typically don't layer it with another shirt. 

my first thought was that it's a really cute top, if only it weren't layered with the damn t shirt.  I'd wear it with a short necklace and either jeans or a straight knee-length skirt.

Why does everything have to be couched in religiousy terms?  Why can't they be helpful, rather than having a servant's heart?  Why does every single thing have to be about Jesus?  They have nothing else to say about each other. They are grateful that Sarah takes pictures. Awesome. I'm thankful my brothers would say they love me and think I'm a great sister, not that I take lots of pictures. 

I feel sad for these women that they pose fetchingly, leaning against a tree and such, in their fricking ill-fitting denim skirts and wrinkled tops. There's so much more to life than this.  

Sarah's outfit....well lets just say she is never going to get any proposals looking like that. 

When I read this, I thought, "Wow, you are being harsh."

Then I went and looked at the photos. Now, I owe you an apology...

With John starting to distance himself slightly from the family, it's interesting that Stevenie allocates himself for John's testimonies.... 

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's almost as if Steve knows there are people on the internet speculating that he and John don't have the best of relationships, and that John may be pulling away from the family. 

Hi Steve!!

Of course, what he doesn't realise (because he is socially ill-equipped and unempathic)  is that it would have looked a lot better if HE had written about what he was thankful for in John. Better luck next time Steve-o  :pb_lol:

If John's stance gets any wider he might pull something.  He looks like he's riding a horse (a Jesus horse, of course).  Yikes, Jesse's doing it too in his individual picture.  I don't think Sarah's shirt is necessarily the problem, it's more the combination of the shirt with the ankle length boxy denim skirt, imo.  

I try to stay away from the Maxhell posts since they seriously depress me.  However it's like a siren's call to see what grammatically poor, vocabulary limited posts they have.  Are they using their "servant's heart" to "jump in" and help others?  Are they sewing some crappy purse to give to the children?  Are the ABC girls being indoctrinated some more?  Are they trying to convert the heathens with balloon animals at a country fair?  Has Steve decided it's time to fast again, go on a long hike, or splurge and allow an extra tsp of beans in their burritos? Or is it another post by poor Sarah, forever a spinster and now wearing clothes that are two sizes too big.  Is it to prevent defrauding?  Or is it because she is forced to shop at Goodwill and this is all they had that day.  I think the only family I'd prefer less to grow up in are the Rodriguii.  At least the Maxwells have a house and the men have jobs.  

So Steve is most thankful that his youngest son, likes to read the bible and is anti-abortion.  Wow...

Only Steve could connect abortion with Thanksgiving.

Hell, he connected it with Memorial Day s couple of years ago.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's almost as if Steve knows there are people on the internet speculating that he and John don't have the best of relationships, and that John may be pulling away from the family. 

Hi Steve!!

Of course, what he doesn't realise (because he is socially ill-equipped and unempathic)  is that it would have looked a lot better if HE had written about what he was thankful for in John. Better luck next time Steve-o  :pb_lol:

This is what I imagined @johnhugh meant in the OP. And then I read the blog and remembered this is Maxhell we are talking about. ;)

Or too many starchy foods, like their bean burritos?

So Steve is most thankful that his youngest son, likes to read the bible and is anti-abortion.  Wow...

Sadly I have to disagree. Saw a friend of a friend share an article comparing thanksgiving and abortion.  http://onlineforlife.org/blog/is-thanksgiving-a-pro-life-holiday/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=commentary&utm_content=oflhousefile_11-25&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8bheALFCX4VQLgeU6oxiM6lD5zoHhA3KO__CchhYQLZBE4Horwq50Ayc6ovEFVsAFLIDL30KoYE1S9rExPMRTudPHTj3VzdqpYv9B3OwRDewnqJfI&_hsmi=24086709

see this is why they have so much laundry.  Multiple layers of clothes

I noticed where Jesse said that Sarah has learned a lot about how cameras work.  That's the kind of comment I'd expect to be made about a child.

Of course they're turning an essentially non-religious holiday into another Jesusfest.  It's what they do.  And while it's nice that they're showing appreciation for each other, they get no choice in who they appreciate.

Some of those outfits...:562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

When the blessing was being said for the thanksgiving dinner, my aunt who was saying the prayer, said "Thank you lord because without you we wouldn't have Thanksgiving" and I'm just thinking that's not what happened lol. I give her pass and say she was caught in the spirit

In the descriptions of the Maxwell Chidults, I count at least 9 references to "help out," "jump in," "assist," "servant's heart," "lending a cheerful hand," etc.

Translation: "Our father is a slave-driver. At least I have my siblings for mutual support."

The repetition made it all sound very rehearsed and not at all spontaneous. These are the things that everyone's always been told that they should be grateful for.

If the best thing about me that my family could think of was that I care about abortion or that I know some stuff about cameras, I wouldn't feel like it was a whole lot of affection.

This was the nicest one:

I’m grateful for Mary’s love. Whether it’s a kind word, positive outlook, lending a cheerful hand, or just sharing JesusMary has a very soft spot of love that touches everyone she’s around.

This family is absolutely, unendingly  self congratulatory.  Anything negative has occurred in their past and has been resolved for years.   Now all the Maxwells live blameless lives and can scold and teach the misbehaving souls who follow them how to do it right. 

Archived