IGNORED

Maxwell Thanksgiving Post

Dru

This year they've gotten wild and crazy. Rather than each person saying what they are thankful/greatful for in general,  they say why they are greatful for another family member. See, they are spontaneous! Aparently  extended family were all too busy to bother with this nonsense? Last but certainly not least,  Mary is getting pretty risqué with her hemline. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came here to post about this. Pretty much everyone said the same things about the kidults: "Jumping in to help", "servant's heart" and "love". So original!

The only two who aren't servants: SteveSteven and Teri.

I'm thankful for the excellent snark material in this post! :pray:

That family photo is awkward as hell! Why is John standing that way? 

Sarah's shirts look ridiculous together. 

I love how they spiced it up by using the words grateful and thankful. They're so creative! 

It's very random that Steve says he's grateful that Jesse has a "love and concern for the unborn..." 

Again, why is John standing that way? 

How did I not see the thing about Jesse having love and concern for the unborn?  Maybe after a decade plus of following these people my eyes just glaze over. 

John looks akward as hell in both of his photos.  I love the one of Teri leaning against  tree as if to show how casual and easy going she is.

How did I not see the thing about Jesse having love and concern for the unborn?  Maybe after a decade plus of following these people my eyes just glaze over. 

John looks akward as hell in both of his photos.  I love the one of Teri leaning against  tree as if to show how casual and easy going she is.

And that head tilt. Some people might even say that's *flirtatious* Better watch out Stevey-boy!

Edit: I just realized that they thanked Sarah for being a good photo taker, lol. Of course she could never be a "professional" photographer, what with being female and all.

At first glance Anna's skirt looks as though it's fallen off her hips.

Not sure what the go is with John's jeans - he certainly doesn't shop at the same store as Mr NRAnna.

And that head tilt. Some people might even say that's *flirtatious* Better watch out Stevey-boy!

It looks like she's day-dreaming about Pepsi. And coupons for Pepsi. And having all Pepsi to herself. And nobody bothering her while she devours that Pepsi. And how great that Pepsi looks. And how sweet it is. Unrequited love is so depressing. 

This year they've gotten wild and crazy. Rather than each person saying what they are thankful/greatful for in general,  they say why they are greatful for another family member. See, they are spontaneous! Aparently  extended family were all too busy to bother with this nonsense? Last but certainly not least,  Mary is getting pretty risqué with her hemline. 

John doesn't seem to Havee a heart for the lord anymore?!

With John starting to distance himself slightly from the family, it's interesting that Stevenie allocates himself for John's testimonies.... 

I don't understand why, in the family picture, they are separated. I think that looks silly and like the family is divided. I also don't understand why they didn't also interview the extended family. Are they not grateful or thankful for them? MAXWELL'S, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!

Steve-O sayz:

• ’m encouraged and grateful for Jesse’s love for and quick understanding of Scripture. He’s a delightful participant in our family Bible time.
  • I’m grateful Jesse has a love and concern for the unborn and unloved which is reflective of our Lord’s heart.

So Steve is most thankful that his youngest son, likes to read the bible and is anti-abortion.  Wow...

Only Steve could connect abortion with Thanksgiving.

At first glance Anna's skirt looks as though it's fallen off her hips.

Not sure what the go is with John's jeans - he certainly doesn't shop at the same store as Mr NRAnna.

Oohhh, I LOVE this, Mr. NR Anna!  I think we should start referring to all the married Maxwell men this way! Mr Teri, Mr Melanie, Mr Elysse (sp?)

With John starting to distance himself slightly from the family, it's interesting that Stevenie allocates himself for John's testimonies.... 

This.

It possibly ties in with Steve's confusing Seriously Dads post where he said that first we learn to show thankfulness to each other, and then to God. Maybe this is Steve's attempt to steer the wayward John back to the fold, with a reminder of how great the Maxwell Circle Jerk Family really is.

So, who wants to take a stab at John's real Thanksgiving list 2015?

• I'm thankful for my business, which is mine and not my dad's.  I'm grateful for the opportunities to travel on my own damn schedule, work alongside whichever damn heathens want my services and drink a cold beer in my hotel bar at the end of the day.
  • I'm thankful for my friend Jon-Marie who is always willing to jump in with a suggestion for how to fill the free time that I would usually be spending in the Word, and for his new wife who has introduced me to so many of her friends.

But basically, the message this year is that the Maxwells are thankful for each other, and unborn babies who as yet pose no threat to Steve's lordship status. :my_confused:

The two things I noticed off the bat:

John's belly is noticeable.  Guess he didn't do the Maxhell fast with his dad.  I'm a bit surprised that a guy his age in a family that fasts so often and emphasizes exercise is putting on weight already. It's pretty obvious that his trips away from home are introducing him to the delights of eating the non-Maxwell way-- foods with flavor and variety.

The girls are looking about as frumpalicious as I have ever seen them.  Anna's shirt combo is terrible, which is why her skirt looks like it is falling off.  Mary's skirt is wrinkled looking like she pulled it out of the bottom of the hamper.  Sarah's outfit....well lets just say she is never going to get any proposals looking like that.  Also they used pictures taken at a different time for Mary and Anna, I wonder why?  Did they just not have time to click some quickies of them or did their photos come out looking bad? 

In the descriptions of the Maxwell Chidults, I count at least 9 references to "help out," "jump in," "assist," "servant's heart," "lending a cheerful hand," etc.

Translation: "Our father is a slave-driver. At least I have my siblings for mutual support."

Man, those skirts are so shapeless. Teri's is actually the best one.

At least it's not a repeat of two years ago where Anna was going on about how she knows she deserves Hell, or last year where the main thing Abby and Bethany were thankful for was that they're Christians. Something tells me they were prompted/told to say that. No normal six and four year olds mention their religion when asked what they're thankful for.

Man, they really are interchangeable, aren't they? They may as well throw a bunch io names in one bowl and a bunch of characteristics in another and randomly match them up because no one family member could think of anything unique to say about another. But then how can you develop a your own identity when you're together 24/7/365 and share all of the same experiences? Individuality is a sin in Maxhell and the sooner it's stamped out, the better.

I was creeped out by Abby & Bethany saying they were Christians.  At their young ages I don't really think they knew what they were saying. I can't help but think that Steve tryed to convince Nathan that they should be Christians. 

Exactly the same as previous years. They know no different. No different words, thoughts, ideas, people...nothing.

My Thanksgiving Thankful post - I am thankful for my job, my entire family (relatives included), my ability to support and take care of myself, my friends (people not related to me...imagine that), my health, my single-ness and childlessness, my nieces & nephews who are smart and talented and educated and most of all that I was not born into Maxhell.

The two things I noticed off the bat:

John's belly is noticeable.  Guess he didn't do the Maxhell fast with his dad.  I'm a bit surprised that a guy his age in a family that fasts so often and emphasizes exercise is putting on weight already. It's pretty obvious that his trips away from home are introducing him to the delights of eating the non-Maxwell way-- foods with flavor and variety.

The girls are looking about as frumpalicious as I have ever seen them.  Anna's shirt combo is terrible, which is why her skirt looks like it is falling off.  Mary's skirt is wrinkled looking like she pulled it out of the bottom of the hamper.  Sarah's outfit....well lets just say she is never going to get any proposals looking like that.  Also they used pictures taken at a different time for Mary and Anna, I wonder why?  Did they just not have time to click some quickies of them or did their photos come out looking bad? 

Went to check out the blog post and yeah the girls have reverted back into frumpiness land.   I wonder if now the conferences have dried up they are not taking as much care in the clothing choices.  It seems the family as a whole has been more, I don't know how to put it, more in a "funk" if that's even possible in Maxhell.   Their income sources have dried up so money is tight, they aren't doing the traveling.  I wonder if more time being kept to the Maxwell compound has made Steveovah even more insular and thinking about such pleasant things as how to rope your family even closer so they don't go to hell.   IDK, it's just a sense I get.

I was creeped out by Abby & Bethany saying they were Christians.  At their young ages I don't really think they knew what they were saying. I can't help but think that Steve tryed to convince Nathan that they should be Christians. 

Prior to that Thanksgiving post, they had another post, of all of them somewhere and a pic of one of the girl's 'I'm thankful for' lists.  It was typical stuff you would expect from a kid.  Then, when the for real what we are thankful post showed up on the blog...Ta Da! all the girls were thankful for being Christians and/or Jesus.

Yeah, that is all I'm going to say about that.

Went to check out the blog post and yeah the girls have reverted back into frumpiness land.   I wonder if now the conferences have dried up they are not taking as much care in the clothing choices.  It seems the family as a whole has been more, I don't know how to put it, more in a "funk" if that's even possible in Maxhell.   Their income sources have dried up so money is tight, they aren't doing the traveling.  I wonder if more time being kept to the Maxwell compound has made Steveovah even more insular and thinking about such pleasant things as how to rope your family even closer so they don't go to hell.   IDK, it's just a sense I get.

In the top picture, I think Anna's shirt and skirt actually fit fairly nicely (you know, within the rules of Maxhell), and Mary's isn't too bad either. But sheesh Sarah, you're an attractive young woman who's in shape. What's with the sack on top of a sack? Obviously, if this is just how she wants to dress, that's certainly her prerogative. I just hope this isn't coming from some Steve guilt trip or depression. 

I noticed where Jesse said that Sarah has learned a lot about how cameras work.  That's the kind of comment I'd expect to be made about a child.

Of course they're turning an essentially non-religious holiday into another Jesusfest.  It's what they do.  And while it's nice that they're showing appreciation for each other, they get no choice in who they appreciate.

Some of those outfits...:562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Archived