IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Who exactly are the fuddie/ ATI royalty? I see it referenced often. I guess they are the cream of the crop of fuddie families that have been in the cult/following the teachings of the ATI (or maybe they were the ones who made up the teachings.) I looked on Free Jinger, but I couldn't find a list of the "fuddie royalty" families. Anybody want to type out a list or point me in the right direction if a list already is around? 

On a related note - Who is "Pickles" - a Duggar friend and/or blogger? I know about the crazed followers Lily and Ellie and their Duggar and Bates blog. Is there another one? 

Edited: Because it read looking instead of looked and it drove the teacher in me nuts. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Pickles" is a reference to the owner of a FB page called "Life is not all pickles and hairspray."  It's Duggar news and snark.  Pickles gets most of her info from FJ and claims it as her own.  As far as fundie royalty, it means slighly different things to different people. We can probably all agree that the Duggars and Bateses are fundie royalty, and that Jill Rodrigues is severely aspiring to be fundie royalty, but beyond that maybe others will chime in?

Personally, I consider anyone famous, semi-famous, or with some kind of a following, and/or high up in IBLP/ATI to be fundie royalty, so Duggars, Bateses, Paines, Keilens, Maxwells, etc.

From what I've gathered, fundie royalty tends to reference people who are pretty high up in their respected churches/cults or particularly revered by their churches/cults and possibly others. The Duggars are pseudo-fundie royalty because they're not really anything more than famous fundies, and it's questionable how much people in their cult actually like them. The Bates and Paines are fundie royalty because the patriarchs are on the BoD. 

Unless it's Anastasia he's courting and not Ashley.  He is standing next to Anastasia.:my_biggrin: Just for the record I do believe it's Ashley.

My goodness. You're right! I thought she looked a little different. 

Who is the guy smack in the middle of the back row? Looks like he has his arm around Anastasia's shoulders. AFAIK, they don't have any adult or even teenage brothers.

Unless it's Anastasia he's courting and not Ashley.  He is standing next to Anastasia.:my_biggrin: Just for the record I do believe it's Ashley.

I think he's courting Anastasia, he's always around her...

I never thought Jinger and Lawson were courting to begin with, but it really seems like that's true now. They haven't been photographed together in awhile.

I still think if any Duggar courts a Bates it will probably be Joseph since he's spending more time there anyways.

I never thought Jinger and Lawson were courting to begin with, but it really seems like that's true now. They haven't been photographed together in awhile.

I still think if any Duggar courts a Bates it will probably be Joseph since he's spending more time there anyways.

I don't think it's Joe. I think that he would have started courting a Bates without attending "college" if that's the route he was going. I think "college" may have been a way for him to meet girls without his parents directly influencing it. 

"Pickles" is a reference to the owner of a FB page called "Life is not all pickles and hairspray."  It's Duggar news and snark.  Pickles gets most of her info from FJ and claims it as her own.  As far as fundie royalty, it means slighly different things to different people. We can probably all agree that the Duggars and Bateses are fundie royalty, and that Jill Rodrigues is severely aspiring to be fundie royalty, but beyond that maybe others will chime in?

Personally, I consider anyone famous, semi-famous, or with some kind of a following, and/or high up in IBLP/ATI to be fundie royalty, so Duggars, Bateses, Paines, Keilens, Maxwells, etc.

The Maxwells are not ATI, fundie royalty? Perhaps! They're not THAT liked though, because if they were popular enough those girls would be married. Heck! the boys have trouble finding wives...

Ashley is a stunning girl!

It will be interesting to see which Salyer girl Nathan is courting. Anastasia has quite a few picks on her Instagram with him, some are very cozy looking. Unless Ashley removed pics, I don't see any of her and Nathan, or any Bates, on her Instagram.

On the 29th (not sure what day the picture was taken) Crown College had a Christmas concert. I would hazard to guess the whole family was there. 

I don't know if that was already posted but .... is Tori talkng about her "in laws" ? What is that supposed to mean ??

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/giving-thanks-this-thanksgiving-tori-and-carlin-bates/#ooid=hpYmwzeToxSqDw3jJSLZCfHyqAk4_4RA

Hum ... SOTDRT ? Or she just gave away a huge spoiler for the next season. Or maybe she is referring to her sister's husbands ?

I don't know if that was already posted but .... is Tori talkng about her "in laws" ? What is that supposed to mean ??

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/giving-thanks-this-thanksgiving-tori-and-carlin-bates/#ooid=hpYmwzeToxSqDw3jJSLZCfHyqAk4_4RA

3 of her siblings are married. They count as in-laws. Also, it's not that uncommon for families to get together once their kids are together. Both sets of my grandparents regularly got together while my dad's parents were alive. My mom's sister and my dad's siblings were close when I was growing up. I have attended many parties at my cousin's wife's parents' house, and spent a lot of time with her extended family. 

I think she was probably talking about her siblings families...we are talking about a group a people that calls their original family unit "extended family" once they have married.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived