IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

All this Joe and Tori thing has me thinking--- she (and Carlin) seems like the last person who would submit to Jim Bob Duggar.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

All this Joe and Tori thing has me thinking--- she (and Carlin) seems like the last person who would submit to Jim Bob Duggar.  

They are by far and away the two girls out of the older Duggar/Bates girls that I don't just see lying down and becoming submissive baby machine wives. I could easily see Tori and Carlin taking the 'Alyssa' route and wearing pants and seeming much more 'conservative christian' than 'fundie'. 

Why do people always think that Jinger wants to live in NYC?  I know she once said she wants to live in a city, but goodness, that could mean Little Rock, Chicago, near the ATI headquarters, or at least near where it used to be.  I don't think she ever specified a city she was interested.  I think going from her sheltered life to a big city would be quite a shock.  But she might really enjoy a smaller city, if she ever had the chance.    Jinger is starting to get that broken look that Jana has, so I am losing hope that she will ever be Free Jinger.  I hope that Joy will be able to avoid the lifestyle, but that seems unlikely.  I don't understand why michelle can't look at these kids and see how little future they have, how unhappy they seem to be when they are not performing for the camera, and how much their potential has been stifled.   My kids are young adults now, and I have regrets over what I may not have taught them, did I encourage them enough,  did I provide enough opportunities for them, and we are a pretty typical middle class family.  They were in sports, music, dance, academic programs, and went to college.  If Michelle ever has the rose tinted glasses taken off her eyes, does she see just how poorly her parenting choices were?  Does she regret giving JB so much control? How can a mother do what she has done to her children willingly?

35 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Why do people always think that Jinger wants to live in NYC?  I know she once said she wants to live in a city, but goodness, that could mean Little Rock, Chicago, near the ATI headquarters, or at least near where it used to be.  I don't think she ever specified a city she was interested.  I think going from her sheltered life to a big city would be quite a shock.  But she might really enjoy a smaller city, if she ever had the chance.    Jinger is starting to get that broken look that Jana has, so I am losing hope that she will ever be Free Jinger.  I hope that Joy will be able to avoid the lifestyle, but that seems unlikely.  I don't understand why michelle can't look at these kids and see how little future they have, how unhappy they seem to be when they are not performing for the camera, and how much their potential has been stifled.   My kids are young adults now, and I have regrets over what I may not have taught them, did I encourage them enough,  did I provide enough opportunities for them, and we are a pretty typical middle class family.  They were in sports, music, dance, academic programs, and went to college.  If Michelle ever has the rose tinted glasses taken off her eyes, does she see just how poorly her parenting choices were?  Does she regret giving JB so much control? How can a mother do what she has done to her children willingly?

I don't know if Michelle wears rose tinted glasses or if she is just not wearing glasses at all. The woman seems to look at life through such a blur of misconceptions that she cannot possibly see clearly. I'd say she suffers from emotional astigmatism, experiential nearsightedness, lack of depth-perception and overall tunnel vision.

I don't think she can see what is wrong in her family, much less what is wrong with what she did.  It could be a defense mechanism, or it could just be that she was never too bright or perceptive to start with, and JB, the Gothard stuff and the nineteen pregnancies, etc. just wore her out.  She seems unable to think or feel the way most of us would.  

You are right that it is a tragedy for her children.

I suspect that even if Me-chelle and Boob can see all of this, they are too proud to admit they were wrong and will just keep up the public charade at the expense of their kids potential. It annoys me so much to see because Boob and DQ and Gil and Kelly actually chose this lifestyle for themselves, but their kids didn't get any choice and didn't get any real educational opportunities to be able to do something else with their lives. They denied their kids the choices they themselves got to make. 

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't know if Michelle wears rose tinted glasses or if she is just not wearing glasses at all. The woman seems to look at life through such a blur of misconceptions that she cannot possibly see clearly. I'd say she suffers from emotional astigmatism, experiential nearsightedness, lack of depth-perception and overall tunnel vision.

I don't think she can see what is wrong in her family, much less what is wrong with what she did.  It could be a defense mechanism, or it could just be that she was never too bright or perceptive to start with, and JB, the Gothard stuff and the nineteen pregnancies, etc. just wore her out.  She seems unable to think or feel the way most of us would.  

You are right that it is a tragedy for her children.

Not only that but you have to remember this life means NOTHING to theses people.  The more you suffer the close you are to God in this messed up fundy mindset.  So if she is and her kids are miserable that is good it means that their rewards in heaven will that much greater. 

On 11/28/2015, 6:24:43, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I'm still not convinced that they'd ever court. I could see them being good friends at best, but I just don't think it would be something that would result in them courting. 

Of course, I'm still pulling for Jinger and Skylar. Lol

No thank you to Skylar for Jinger. I'd rather see her with Cooper Dauer (but I don't ship that pairing either). At least Cooper's arrogance is centered on his brains, not his looks.

why do you assumed Skylar is arrogant?  Do we know anymore about him other than a few pictures here and there?  And what do we know about Cooper?  Why the assumption that he is brainy?  Not trying to be confrontational here, just wondering what info there is about either of these two that would lead you to these thoughts

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

why do you assumed Skylar is arrogant?  Do we know anymore about him other than a few pictures here and there?  And what do we know about Cooper?  Why the assumption that he is brainy?  Not trying to be confrontational here, just wondering what info there is about either of these two that would lead you to these thoughts

You're right. I don't have anything other than their appearances on social media. Skylar has an air about him like he knows how handsome he is. I'm sorry I don't remember where I've seen his pics; I don't think he has any accounts himself. Cooper's facebook has smug math jokes and the like on it. They both seem obnoxious to me but I freely admit my opinion is based on pretty thin evidence. :wink-penguin: Cooper lives in San Jose, so Jinger would be in a city. Skylar is in Texas (idr exactly where).

something about Cooper's looks, bugs me.  Not that he is ugly, but he does look smug and it feels like he and his mom are way big duggar leghumpers.   I feel like they are star chasers, and in their particular messed up world, they think the Duggars are stars. 

Now, aside from that admittedly judgmental view on them, I have no idea about either of these men.  Skyler has good looks and I thought we saw his sister hanging with the Duggar girls at some point in time. 

7 hours ago, halcionne said:

.....Skylar has an air about him like he knows how handsome he is. .....

Lawson 2.0?

Cooper and his mother come off as creepy Duggar groupies. I don't know anything about Skyler, admittedly. 

48 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cooper and his mother come off as creepy Duggar groupies. I don't know anything about Skyler, admittedly. 

Skylar's mom gave me groupie vibes, too. She's on FB: Michele Weiss, but I haven't looked at her fb in a long time, so idk if they've hung out with the Duggars lately.

Of course, leghumping seems to be the most important quality Jim Bob looks for in potential husbands, so either one of these guys could be legitimate candidates...

8 hours ago, halcionne said:

You're right. I don't have anything other than their appearances on social media. Skylar has an air about him like he knows how handsome he is. I'm sorry I don't remember where I've seen his pics; I don't think he has any accounts himself. Cooper's facebook has smug math jokes and the like on it. They both seem obnoxious to me but I freely admit my opinion is based on pretty thin evidence. :wink-penguin: Cooper lives in San Jose, so Jinger would be in a city. Skylar is in Texas (idr exactly where).

As someone who spent most of her life in SJ, I'm not sure how much Jinger would enjoy it. SJ is more of a giant, over populated suburb than a true city. It doesn't even have a really well planned downtown or an area where there's a lot to do. You end up traveling by car (because there are a lot of places public transportation won't take you or that have really inconvenient schedules) a lot to get to events or activities. Most of the time, when I found an event or activity, it required leaving SJ and going to the nearby cities. Because I lived in one of the "cheaper" (I use the term loosely because my parents' house is a 1680 sq ft 4/2 on a 5000 sq ft lot and could easily sell for at least $700-750k right now, and the rent value is estimated to be between $3500 and $4000 a month) neighborhoods in SJ, most of the activities were an upwards of 30 minutes away without traffic (with traffic, it could easily jump to 1.5 to 2 hours, 3 if it's peak rush hour -- that was my dad's commute every day). 

It's just not a life I really imagine Jinger being happy with, regardless of how many Walmarts there are in the city limits. I see her as more of a well-defined city type and in a city where she can easily go to a more rural place if she so desired.

Haha I have similar opinions about SJ, being from SF. But I don't actually know SJ very well, so I didn't want to say anything too judgemental about it. 

My favorite thing about San Jose is the Berryessa flea market, but I doubt if Jinger would be interested in sacred heart bedspreads or Hindu-themed framed prints. Or beer and live mariachi music. She might like $3 bras and counterfeit 'designer' purses, though. :tw_lol:

Isn't Skylar the one who was shown on 19KAC hanging out at Josh and Anna's house in DC at least a few times?

For me, him being a close friend of Josh's, and probably having some clue what Josh was up to, is not a ringing endorsement for him to court anyone.

Though if he was hanging out there because he is secretly hot for Anna and has always wanted to rescue her from swarmy Josh....that I can get behind. 

I live in Santa Cruz County, just south of SJ. I cannot imagine a Duggar, even Jinger, residing in SJ. Maybe the central valley, but not SJ.

2 hours ago, zz22zz said:

Isn't Skylar the one who was shown on 19KAC hanging out at Josh and Anna's house in DC at least a few times?

For me, him being a close friend of Josh's, and probably having some clue what Josh was up to, is not a ringing endorsement for him to court anyone.

Though if he was hanging out there because he is secretly hot for Anna and has always wanted to rescue her from swarmy Josh....that I can get behind. 

He was hanging out there when Jana (possibly another Duggar girl) was there as well. It's hard to say if he's a good friend of Josh/Anna or if he was there for other reasons.

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I live in Santa Cruz County, just south of SJ. I cannot imagine a Duggar, even Jinger, residing in SJ. Maybe the central valley, but not SJ.

I could see Jinger being comfortable in Old Town, Sacramento.

I always found it weird how so many people assumed Jinger wanted to live in NYC. I only recall one passing remark about wanting to live in a "city." I assumed that meant she didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere. Like where you have to drive an hour to get groceries and stuff.

I honestly think Cooper Dauer is a lot better looking than Skylar. And my personal feeling is that Jinger never meant she wanted to live in a metropolis, just not in the middle of nowhere. But it's irrelevant, because either way she doesn't really have a choice.

9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I always found it weird how so many people assumed Jinger wanted to live in NYC. I only recall one passing remark about wanting to live in a "city." I assumed that meant she didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere. Like where you have to drive an hour to get groceries and stuff.

I agree with you, I think it's perspective.  I have lived outside cities with millions of people and in areas where I lived an hour plus from a Target.  My mom is from a town of 400 3 hours from a city that would have a mall/Target etc.  She always wanted to move to a city, but she did not mean NYC. (more like Columbus, OH!)  But I can see where someone living in Dallas or Miami would assume she meant biggest city in the the country. 

I think there was an episode where the Duggs visited NYC in the same season so maybe that is where the assumption she meant NYC comes from.  

50 minutes ago, zz22zz said:

I agree with you, I think it's perspective.  I have lived outside cities with millions of people and in areas where I lived an hour plus from a Target.  My mom is from a town of 400 3 hours from a city that would have a mall/Target etc.  She always wanted to move to a city, but she did not mean NYC. (more like Columbus, OH!)  But I can see where someone living in Dallas or Miami would assume she meant biggest city in the the country. 

I think there was an episode where the Duggs visited NYC in the same season so maybe that is where the assumption she meant NYC comes from.  

I think people assumed NYC because that's where they want to see here. And I think Michelle might have fueled the flames by saying that Jinger didn't mean a place like NYC, she meant somewhere within 15 minutes of a Walmart. 

I agree that the definition of a city is largely dependent on your personal experiences. I think Jinger probably liked living in Little Rock a lot more than at the compound, and that's likely where her idea of city life comes from. I think she'd do well in a state capital or a similar, smaller city. 

14 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

He was hanging out there when Jana (possibly another Duggar girl) was there as well. It's hard to say if he's a good friend of Josh/Anna or if he was there for other reasons.

I could see Jinger being comfortable in Old Town, Sacramento.

I grew up in Sacramento. I think Jinger would do well in that area.

15 hours ago, zz22zz said:

Columbus is SO fun.  There's so much to do.  I think Jinger would have an awesome time there.  It's very artsy.  

I dreamt last night that Tori and Joseph were definitely courting and that there was another Bates/Duggar courtship that was either these two or another Duggar boy with Carlin.  Could be prophetic or could be that I am spending too much free time on here.  :my_biggrin: 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived