IGNORED

Nie posts pic of daughter's genitals

Beeks

This reminds me of a livejournal blogger named Babyslime. She has put her baby girl's genitals on display in more the one post in her PUBLIC blog. She attracts a lot of the hippy/crunchy/anti-mainstream-wannabe crowd so maybe that is why there never seems to be any criticism for it...because it is oh so "natural". I have reported her pictures as obscene more than once but I guess LJ sees it differently. The last one shows the baby touching herself but I guess I'm just a paranoid nut to think that many perverts would jump for joy for finding her blog.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for Stephanie regarding the burns, I truly do. But one has nothing to do with the other. She has absolutely no excuse for publishing something like this. Even if she's out of her mind on pain meds her family should have stopped her. My god, the picture is still there. Which means she's ignoring every email she's gotten telling her exactly how that pic is being used (i sent her one myself). Sick sick sick.

Ps: I believe she is traveling home today, but still, she could call somebody and have them sign in to her blog and remove the pic. No excuse. None.

I feel for Stephanie regarding the burns, I truly do. But one has nothing to do with the other. She has absolutely no excuse for publishing something like this. Even if she's out of her mind on pain meds her family should have stopped her. My god, the picture is still there. Which means she's ignoring every email she's gotten telling her exactly how that pic is being used (i sent her one myself). Sick sick sick.

Ps: I believe she is traveling home today, but still, she could call somebody and have them sign in to her blog and remove the pic. No excuse. None.

If NieNie is out of her mind on pain meds she shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car. Just saying.

If NieNie is out of her mind on pain meds she shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car. Just saying.

Isn't she flying home?

Isn't she flying home?

No idea. But your post got me to thinking about whether she's been driving around with her kid while she's doing the pain pills. I know someone who has some lower limb scarring due to severe burns and they just don't drive anymore because they are always on pain meds. It's really the first time I've thought about NieNie being under the influence and caring for a child.

Plane crash. You can read her blog or buy her book. You are supposed to feel very sorry for Nie Nie because she is scarred. She behaves like an entitled bitch but you are supposed to feel sorry for Nie NIe because she is scarred. Lather Rinse Repeat.

Is she the one who's husband basically left her behind in the plane while it burned? Knowing she was in there alive?

Is she the one who's husband basically left her behind in the plane while it burned? Knowing she was in there alive?

He didn't know she was alive. He was burned over 30% of his body and had a broken back....I do not blame him one but for attempting to save himself.

@Beeks, I notice Jane's husband was in the pictures so I went to see what her blog had to say. No mention of NieNie flying out with them, but from Jane's blog they apparently all were visiting Mom and the Prez at the same time.

He didn't know she was alive. He was burned over 30% of his body and had a broken back....I do not blame him one but for attempting to save himself.

Ah, ok. I thought I had read somewhere that he knew she was still alive but wanted to be sure to save himself instead of risking his life to save hers or something. Complaint withdrawn. :)

Ah, ok. I thought I had read somewhere that he knew she was still alive but wanted to be sure to save himself instead of risking his life to save hers or something. Complaint withdrawn. :)

At one point she had on her blog that he knew she was alive and left her to die because he "wanted the kids to have at least one parent". He said he heard her telling him to go.

At one point she had on her blog that he knew she was alive and left her to die because he "wanted the kids to have at least one parent". He said he heard her telling him to go.

That's what I remember! Thanks, I'm glad I wasn't going crazy, lol.

That's what I remember! Thanks, I'm glad I wasn't going crazy, lol.

She has changed the story multiple times but even if that is the true story I don't blame the guy. He was literally on fire.

That is by far the weirdest picture of a baby I've ever seen, and I'll include fetuscake in that assessment.

Just... why would you take a picture of that? And why would you consider it blog worthy? She's not even actually changing the diaper she's just kind of standing there looking at a half naked baby laying in the trunk of a car.

I've never read her blog, nor do I think this picture sounds appropriate for public posting.

That said, the whole "OMG pedophiles!!!111one!" thing is vastly overstated. Yes, pedophiles exist. Yes, there likely are people who troll the internet looking at naked pictures posted innocently by parents. However, the whole 'random creeper in a windowless van is going to steal my baby' is fearmongering, ridiculous, and ignores more important issues- if a child is abused, sexually or physically, the abuser is far more likely to be a relative or friend than a stranger on the internet or in person.

Even before her accident NieNie irritated the hell out of me. Now she's even worse. Because she is so shallow and uncaring it's quite difficult for me to have empathy for her. I see her using Lottie as a prize, her normalcy prize. The fact that she said so little about her surgery after Lottie was born, I suspect the prize of the miracle baby was of greater value than living to be a mother for all of her children. I do think she hides a lot of the truth about her life, with all the resultant issues from her burns she has mentioned she must be bedbound sometimes. I think she has help in the home, but doesn't talk about it. Not that she is undeserving of that help, if she needs it she should have it. But to pretend it isn't there is a horse of a different color. I wonder a lot about her Mother who produced at least three narcissistic women. I could go on...

I hadn't seen this blogger before. I feel bad for her because she is all burned.

I had expected from reading a thread that it was a close-up. So when I saw it I didn't think it was that bad. But I think you could zoom in. I was mostly struck by what a terrible photo it was. Like somebody said, you couldn't see anybody's face! And who cares they changed the baby in the car, don't people do that all the time? Her blog is rather boring. Almost all the photos are unnecessary and very poorly-done.I feel bad for the baby, there is another photo down the page where they stick her leg in a stuffed lion's mouth to pretend she's being eaten, which I might think is funny except the baby looks pretty uncomfortable. Her head looks sort of funny. Also, the baby party photos with the baby masks was incredibly creepy. I don't think baby naked photos are that bad, I would be a little annoyed if there was one of me, but not embarrassed or anxious like I would be if there was one of me now that was recognisable. I think it's good practice to avoid such photos but I don't think it's that bad when it's a baby.

I agree. I expected at least the photo to be artsy, but it's bad, pointless and inappropriate.

a warning label on that blog because holy crap her face scared the shit out of me, and I'm not being a bitch.

I hadn't seen her blog before, and I just went to look, and that wasn't anywhere near as upsetting as I expected. I mean, I'm sure it hurts a lot, and I'm sorry for that, but she doesn't have a face that would make strong men weep or whatever. And seriously, a warning label? Do you think she should have someone with a clapper go before her in real life too, to warn people that she's coming?

Her face really bothers me. The only scars that bother me at all are burn scars. They look so painful - melted skin that has no elasticity anymore. Maybe that makes me shallow, but I can't help it. Other scars? I don't care.

For some reason I thought it was a close-up of her daughter's genitals. I don't know why. When I took pictures of my son in his infant tub, I took them so that I could crop out his genitals without making the picture look weird.

That's what she's counting on.

It's okay, I can have the sympathy for the burns without giving her a pass for the rest of the crazy!

I agree with the others who say the whole way she treats that baby seems weird and like a prize.

It's okay, I can have the sympathy for the burns without giving her a pass for the rest of the crazy!

I agree with the others who say the whole way she treats that baby seems weird and like a prize.

Same here, in fact I reported the picture to Blogger/Google for nudity of a minor because she seems to use her baby to get publicity.

Ugh, I kind of want to read her blog, but she sounds way too irritating.

Anyway, re: the pictures, I was expecting much worse from what I'd read here - not too shocked by what it turned out to be, which is a really weird, bad picture of her mom's back and half a squirming baby in the back of a car. Not particularly sickened by it, I just don't really have a reaction at all.

That said, I also don't get why you'd put this on the Internet. Even aside from the whole argument where it's kind of inappropriate, it's just a bad picture. What does it tell us? What does it show? Why would you not just skip over this on your camera and pick a nicer picture to upload? It's just boring.

Ugh, I kind of want to read her blog, but she sounds way too irritating.

Anyway, re: the pictures, I was expecting much worse from what I'd read here - not too shocked by what it turned out to be, which is a really weird, bad picture of her mom's back and half a squirming baby in the back of a car. Not particularly sickened by it, I just don't really have a reaction at all.

That said, I also don't get why you'd put this on the Internet. Even aside from the whole argument where it's kind of inappropriate, it's just a bad picture. What does it tell us? What does it show? Why would you not just skip over this on your camera and pick a nicer picture to upload? It's just boring.

Exactly, 4 pages fuss about nothing. Just a bad picture.

Exactly, 4 pages fuss about nothing. Just a bad picture.

I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you, that fjers would ever nitpick.

I find NieNie to be one of the most annoying bloggers mentioned here. She's stupid and opinionated and brazenly flippant about safety, and the combination is particularly irritating. I imagine if she has already received the numerous "this concerns me" emails about posting naked baby photos, she's dismissed them because she's smarter than the rest of us so fuck caution. And she's smug about it. Remember when they had the kids in a boat without lifejackets? And she (the woman who can barely move and requires constant surgery and medication because her plane burst into flames) basically made fun of readers who were concerned at that?

People here have said that the total carelessness re: child safety is common with Mormons, and I guess NieNie would be the prime example.

She has changed the story multiple times but even if that is the true story I don't blame the guy. He was literally on fire.

Yeah, tbh I think the "I realised the children needed a father!" thing is... idealised, let's say, on his part. I don't know, I haven't been in a situation like that, but is it likely you'd be reasoning like that? I'm sort of inclined to think that he just wanted to live, so he ran. I'm almost certain I'd do exactly the same thing, and like Beeks, I don't blame him in the slightest -- whether or not it was a conscious choice.

I've never read her blog, nor do I think this picture sounds appropriate for public posting.

That said, the whole "OMG pedophiles!!!111one!" thing is vastly overstated. Yes, pedophiles exist. Yes, there likely are people who troll the internet looking at naked pictures posted innocently by parents. However, the whole 'random creeper in a windowless van is going to steal my baby' is fearmongering, ridiculous, and ignores more important issues- if a child is abused, sexually or physically, the abuser is far more likely to be a relative or friend than a stranger on the internet or in person.

Nobody said anything about random creepers in vans stealing babies. I don't think the kid is going to get snatched or abused. I do think pedophiles will get their hands on that pic and use it to get off.

Archived