IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Had a look back on John's facebook and he mentions it with the picture of his flying lessons. Esther was due the 19th.

19th of February or March?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John reported Esther had dilated to 6 before her labor stalled, so it could not have been false labor. Is this correct?

I thought it was Josiah and joy that were born at home and the next pregnancy was the twin boys which was a hospital birth.

ETA nope I'm wrong. Jinger and Joseph indeed.

Sometimes doctors do manage prolonged ruptured membranes without delivery for a long time - but that is in cases where the baby is premature and the wait is really to achieve lung maturity sufficient for survival. I'm not sure that this is the case here so I don't really understand what is going on with Esther. I just hope that they are not relying only on prayer and that she is actually under the care of an obstetrician in a hospital with facilities to manage pregnancy/delivery complications.

As far as I can tell, membranes have not ruptured. I know it's normal to dilate somewhat in the late stages of pregnancy but I don't know if 6 cm is normal. Here in Ireland, we do not get routine pelvic exams pre delivery. Also, in general, we would not get induced until edd+14. I know in the US childbirth is much more medicalised so I'm not seeing the same panic as some here. Doctors do not deliver babies in Ireland or the UK unless its high risk.

Message for John:

Dear John,

Have I got your full attention now? You haven't been listening very well the past few years. Your duty as a husband and father is to provide for your family. Yes, yes, I know you've been telling everyone that this is my job (as in "God will provide") but you can't seem to see that I've already provided for your family. I've given you a healthy body and an adult mind. You're supposed to use these gifts to get and keep a steady job - not go around begging in churches for money to fulfill some fantasy African adventure. If I want the heathen Africans converted, I can take care of that myself. Take care of your wife and children in a financially responsible manner starting today. Time to grow up and man up!

Love,

God

P.S. Gothard is doin' it wrong. Go to a different church - ELCA Lutheran is one of my favorites.

I keep hoping that they just had the baby and haven't updated because they are busy getting her settled, but the silence is worrisome considering John was updating multiple times a day last week.

Nope, 10 days and counting (and nothing posted on Facebook since Monday). This is definitely starting to have scary shades of Carri.

Can someone explain to me who Carri is? I don't think I was on FJ when that happened.

I am just reading this and this sounds like it could be a disaster. I really wonder what they would do if she had to have a c-section or this baby ended up in the NICU. They can't afford to pay for that and hospitals don't care if you are missionaries. They will have to accept government help. I bet they would never admit it if they did.

Michelle had at least two homebirths: Jinger and Joseph. I remember Jinger talking about being born in one of the bedrooms at the Johnson Road House in the moving special.

Homebirth after a c-section? OMG. Homebirths are really common in my country, but never after a c-section. That's just stupid! And dangerous!

Carri was a fundie mother whoae blog was being watched actively by FreeJingerites. She was huge,thought she was having twins, but was having a Xtian midwife with little to no medical training. Long story short despite her begging to go into the hospital the husband and the midwife told her to trust in god. She and the baby died. We really should have her in the fundie index- this was such a poignant and tragic case.

Carri was a fundie mother whoae blog was being watched actively by FreeJingerites. She was huge,thought she was having twins, but was having a Xtian midwife with little to no medical training. Long story short despite her begging to go into the hospital the husband and the midwife told her to trust in god. She and the baby died. We really should have her in the fundie index- this was such a poignant and tragic case.

Do we have a link? Somehow I missed out on this tragic craziness.

This is terrible... :cry: Poor Carri & baby... I hope we don't witness something similar here..

Holy crap! That's murder! Did the police get involved?

I thought just the baby died, that Carri lived. The father went a little bit crazy trying to remove all evidence of this disaster from the internet.

Do we have a link? Somehow I missed out on this tragic craziness.

The link to the yuku thread on Carri was posted up thread but here it is again http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/664/Ca ... TIrIzdkiSo

By the way, only the baby died, Carri survived although it was a close call.

I thought just the baby died, that Carri lived. The father went a little bit crazy to to remove all evidence of this disaster from the internet.

That's not crazy, that's cunning. I hope someone got screenshots, though.

That's not crazy, that's cunning. I hope someone got screenshots, though.

Whoa, that is cunning. Wonder what happened with the midwife.

The whole Carrie saga is sad but honestly I am seriously pissed off at the husband for refusing to take his own wife to the hospital when she was begging him. What kind of jackass refuses to do that? Yes, the midwife is at fault too but the husband of all people should have stood up and said we are going to the hospital instead of this "trust in God" crap. He bears more responsibility in this, IMHO.

This is what bothers me about fundie husbands making the decisions for their wives' medical care. The woman has no autonomy even in these situations and it's the stuff disasters are made of.

Whoa, that is cunning. Wonder what happened with the midwife.

The whole Carrie saga is sad but honestly I am seriously pissed off at the husband for refusing to take his own wife to the hospital when she was begging him. What kind of jackass refuses to do that? Yes, the midwife is at fault too but the husband of all people should have stood up and said we are going to the hospital instead of this "trust in God" crap. He bears more responsibility in this, IMHO.

This is what bothers me about fundie husbands making the decisions for their wives' medical care. The woman has no autonomy even in these situations and it's the stuff disasters are made of.

I'm more bothered by the midwife. She was the one who should have had the medical training and should have realized that something was majorly wrong. The midwife was medically negligent, the husband was just a jackass.

Thank you explaining--but oh my God, that's horrible and sad.

Similar baby and mother death because of Religious fundies in the KC area a few years ago. Despite advice from a midwife/doula to go to a hospital, after prayer, the husband said no. Her parents eventually sued and won for wrongful death.... though it is unlikely they got any money from the settlement....

Link is to a news site.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news ... 08m-ruling

That is my fear in this situation - that the midwife or birth center is telling her to go to the hospital now, but the John is telling her to trust God.

You know, I'm kind of surprised no prayer request has been sent out from any of the family. That's usually what happens. You'd think Smuggar or Anna would say something.

I'm hoping that the lack of update is just that the baby was born and they've been too busy to put out the word.

That is my fear in this situation - that the midwife or birth center is telling her to go to the hospital now, but the John is telling her to trust God.

This.

You know, I'm kind of surprised no prayer request has been sent out from any of the family. That's usually what happens. You'd think Smuggar or Anna would say something.

I'm hoping that the lack of update is just that the baby was born and they've been too busy to put out the word.

I was thinking the same thing surely someone in the family would ask for prayer if something went wrong. I too hope that everything is fine and that little Sophia is here and keeping mommy and daddy too busy to post any updates to their Facebook. Thing is most new parents find a moment to post a quick birth announcement. Surely he would let the friends on Facebook who have been asking about Esther and the baby know if some bad had happened wouldn't he? I've seen no mention of Esther or the baby on any of the sibling's Facebooks or blogs does anyone know if either set of grandparents has a Facebook or blog?

Archived