IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Esther sounds more normal in inflection and evenness of her speech just using that baby register like Michelle.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any new updates? My friend request hasnt been accepted yet!

No, there isn't anything on John's (public) facebook page. At this point she's been in "labor" for a week. :shock: I'm hoping the early stuff was false labor and that things aren't as serious as the posts seem to indicate (John isn't a doctor, he could be misinterpreting what he's hearing from the medical staff)

No, there isn't anything on John's (public) facebook page. At this point she's been in "labor" for a week. :shock: I'm hoping the early stuff was false labor and that things aren't as serious as the posts seem to indicate (John isn't a doctor, he could be misinterpreting what he's hearing from the medical staff)

Is it "medical staff with professional" or "godly midwife with little training"?

Also interesting that in an earlier post above, John said he hoped Esther wouldn't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic. Just what she needs on top of everything else.

If they are indeed in TX, lay midwives are illegal here. The only legal midwives are CNMs and they must practice under the authority of a physician. UNLESS of course they are doing some kind of shady under the radar shit (which I don't exclude) they may actually be getting proper care.

I want to know how John is paying for a birthing center. They are freaking expensive, these people have no insurance, and someone just bought them a shit ton of groceries. If you can't afford to feed the 7 you have, you can't afford a birthing center for number 8.

i am relieved that it's possible that Esther is getting real care, but still very worried about her. Cari was my gateway fundie and I had hoped that I wouldn't have to go through that again. Unfortunately, with fundie beliefs, it was only a matter of time.

If they are indeed in TX, lay midwives are illegal here. The only legal midwives are CNMs and they must practice under the authority of a physician. UNLESS of course they are doing some kind of shady under the radar shit (which I don't exclude) they may actually be getting proper care.

Not exactly true. CPMs are also legal in Texas, and they can attend home births without physician supervision. There are specific and rigorous certification requirements, so that all legal midwife-attended births in Texas involve an actual trained professional (Jill Duggar wouldn't qualify...)

I'm actually more than a little frightened about the way this is playing out. Prolonged labor and strep B are not good signs for a healthy mother or child. I sincerely hope all will be well, but this doesn't look good at all.

I want to know how John is paying for a birthing center. They are freaking expensive, these people have no insurance, and someone just bought them a shit ton of groceries. If you can't afford to feed the 7 you have, you can't afford a birthing center for number 8.

My guess is that they will be going to some church for a love offering night sometime soon.

Is there any word on how this birth is progressing, I am so worried about Esther.

As somoene pointed out they likely won't go to the hospital for fear of ther living situation being revealed. In fact, it is perhaps the reason why many QF won't use the hospital. It was my understanding the Duggars and Bates did hme births until the last few kids. At least they had sense enough to go to a proper facility. The thing with Esther and John is they will continue to have kids regardless of their finances and mother's health like the rest. It is too bad DHS hasn't been called on them. Im not saying kids away, but talk common sense into them or have the kids taken away if the situation doesnt improve.

As somoene pointed out they likely won't go to the hospital for fear of ther living situation being revealed. In fact, it is perhaps the reason why many QF won't use the hospital. It was my understanding the Duggars and Bates did hme births until the last few kids. At least they had sense enough to go to a proper facility. The thing with Esther and John is they will continue to have kids regardless of their finances and mother's health like the rest. It is too bad DHS hasn't been called on them. Im not saying kids away, but talk common sense into them or have the kids taken away if the situation doesnt improve.

I don't think that Michelle has done any home births, her 2nd pregnancy was a c-section, and I know that a couple others were, too.

Just to clarify for my own lack of reading comprehension, you mean that the Bates and Duggars sought proper medical care, correct? Because there's no way the Shraders did. Proper medical facilities do not allow step-B positive mothers to labor for 8+ days. (Actually, I don't think she's still in labor. I think something awful has happened- the baby died, she died or both. I can't help but think that because Daddy Shrader is so frequent about his updates on Facebook. I hope I am wrong.)

I don't think that Michelle has done any home births, her 2nd pregnancy was a c-section, and I know that a couple others were, too.

Michelle had at least two homebirths: Jinger and Joseph. I remember Jinger talking about being born in one of the bedrooms at the Johnson Road House in the moving special.

Gah, I really hope that she and the baby are OK. These people piss me off to no end. If you want to believe in things that will harm you, fine, but dont take your billion children along with you.

Just to clarify for my own lack of reading comprehension, you mean that the Bates and Duggars sought proper medical care, correct? Because there's no way the Shraders did. Proper medical facilities do not allow step-B positive mothers to labor for 8+ days. (Actually, I don't think she's still in labor. I think something awful has happened- the baby died, she died or both. I can't help but think that because Daddy Shrader is so frequent about his updates on Facebook. I hope I am wrong.)

Surely if Anna's sister or the baby had died Josh wouldn't be fucking about instagramming his involvement in anti text driving campaigns.

Surely if Anna's sister or the baby had died Josh wouldn't be fucking about instagramming his involvement in anti text driving campaigns.

It's Josh, remember.

Michelle had at least two homebirths: Jinger and Joseph. I remember Jinger talking about being born in one of the bedrooms at the Johnson Road House in the moving special.

Really? Wow, color me surprised.

Really? Wow, color me surprised.

I'm almost positive Jessa was born at home, too.

No, it was only Jinger & Joseph who were born at home, with a doctor and a midwife in attendance. There was some mention in one of the books of heavy bleeding or something like that & she decided not to have another home birth.

Still no news? This is very concerning.

Nope, 10 days and counting (and nothing posted on Facebook since Monday). This is definitely starting to have scary shades of Carri.

Does anyone know what her actual due date was? I'm wondering how far past it they will let her go before they do a c-section.

Nope, 10 days and counting (and nothing posted on Facebook since Monday). This is definitely starting to have scary shades of Carri.

Does anyone know what her actual due date was? I'm wondering how far past it they will let her go before they do a c-section.

If you have a very, very, very lenient doctor, no more than fourteen. Usually seven. I wish we DID know her due date.

Had a look back on John's facebook and he mentions it with the picture of his flying lessons. Esther was due the 19th.

Would much appreciate your prayers. God has provided an amazing opportunity with a missionary bush pilot to begin my flight training. Here we are doing a preflight inspection of the bush plane before taking off this morning. I flew 3.5 hours today down to the border of Mexico. We will do more basics tomorrow before flying into Mexico on Wed. This pilot is very skilled at the exact kind of flying we will be doing in Zambia. I will also have several opportunities to preach while down in Mexico, so this is a tremendous opportunity. Please pray for safety, that I grasp things quickly, and for God's power while preaching. Also would appreciate prayer for my sweet wife as she is due the 19th. Thanks prayer partners, we love and appreciate each of you more than you know.

What comforts me about this situation is it seems like it was false labour not actual labour. Well that's how I read his fb postings.

Hope that's right...could easily seeing this becoming a tragic situation as well though :(

Archived