IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

Oh, and Rachel Wilkerson is in the photo with Rebecca's sister. She's really grown up! I wonder how old she is now? I remember she was always such a cute little girl with those big bows on top of her head (that she managed to make look cute, and really, so many others just can't). I don't know the last time I saw a photo of her, but she has really changed.

Yeah, Rachel always did look cute in those bows. She would have to be about 14 now. I hope all is going well for her. I don't know what happened with her family-- and it's none of my business-- but I have been worried about her. I hope her brothers are all right, too. Rebecca hasn't posted anything about them.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like RebeccaEleventy posted pics of her 23rd birthday (this thread has come a long way, baby). she has a new haircut which I can't figure out if I like or not but I'm glad to see she feels great about it! It looks like it might be a bit mullet-y. What's the Nick and Nora thing about?

Underneath Nick + Nora (complete with martini glass!) it says +Asta and there's a dog biscuit, so obv. Nick and Nora Charles, from The Thin Man. That family is waaay too worldly for Maxhell.

Underneath Nick + Nora (complete with martini glass!) it says +Asta and there's a dog biscuit, so obv. Nick and Nora Charles, from The Thin Man. That family is waaay too worldly for Maxhell.

I am quite impressed with the Dashiell Hammett reference!

Rebecca seems like a sweet girl and I'm glad she likes her new haircut. (That's something the poor Maxwell girls will probably never get to experience that. :cry: )

Is it just me, or does Rebecca look rather unhealthy? She has dark circles under her eyes and her skin seems a little sallow. It's an unusual look on someone her age.

Rebecca seems like a sweet girl and I'm glad she likes her new haircut. (That's something the poor Maxwell girls will probably never get to experience that. :cry: )

Is it just me, or does Rebecca look rather unhealthy? She has dark circles under her eyes and her skin seems a little sallow. It's an unusual look on someone her age.

We've talked about that here before. Her mother looks the same way and although a lot of people have dark circles naturally (and unfortunately), I think it might have something to do with her unhealthy diet. Any food she's ever shown to be partaking in is sort of not-to-far-removed from the Duggar diet. Enough said.

Did she recently update her cake page? Those look WAY cooler than the ones I saw last time I looked at it. It looks like she took down a lot of the underdecorated sheet cakes and is starting to do tiered cakes. The basket weaving icing is new to the page, too, I think.

Still trying to think of places with pink shopping bags and I can't think of anything except VS. Even if they went there, I've never found comfortable bras in my size there that were worth it (D-Cup) so if it was VS, I doubt it was bras. I hear that their fittings aren't all they're cracked up to be, either.

Her cakes are definitely looking better, although she needs to figure out how to pipe the lettering straight.

Did she recently update her cake page? Those look WAY cooler than the ones I saw last time I looked at it. It looks like she took down a lot of the underdecorated sheet cakes and is starting to do tiered cakes. The basket weaving icing is new to the page, too, I think.

Still trying to think of places with pink shopping bags and I can't think of anything except VS. Even if they went there, I've never found comfortable bras in my size there that were worth it (D-Cup) so if it was VS, I doubt it was bras. I hear that their fittings aren't all they're cracked up to be, either.

That's interesting-- my sister is busty, probably Rebecca's same size actually, and she has always loved VS's bras and says they're worth the cost. Their panties on the other hand...

Oh, and Rachel Wilkerson is in the photo with Rebecca's sister. She's really grown up! I wonder how old she is now? I remember she was always such a cute little girl with those big bows on top of her head (that she managed to make look cute, and really, so many others just can't). I don't know the last time I saw a photo of her, but she has really changed.

I was :o when I saw that picture of Rachel!

I seriously did a double take.

It doesn't seem like it had been THAT long since there had been a picture of her - and it was only 6 or so weeks ago when Rebecca posted about Rachel now living with them that I went back and read way, way, way back in the blog trying to pick up clues on what had gone on. So it hadn't been long since I'd seen pics of her.

She has REALLY grown up!

Interestingly, to me, since I know several with FAS, she looks far less like she's got FAS than she used to - and I've not seen many grow out of many of those common FAS physical characteristics as it seems she has, at least to a degree.

But just the all around change in her appearance (beyond what I'm sure is just puberty to some extent) she also just looks healthier to me. She never looked particularly well to me (in a different way than Rebecca and Annah)

It seems like her living with Rebecca's family may be benefiting Rachel in ways that may not have been anticipated.

And, actually, I think getting to play "big sister" and (to an extent) "mother" to Rachel is probably a good thing for Rebecca and Annah both, also.

I'm fond of – and perhaps feel a little protective over – Rebecca 11-T, too. (That's how Siri spelled her nickname, and I like it, and it stays!)

For one thing, the poor kid thought the Maxwells were good catch. As many have stated before, she's being spared that awful kind of life, so that's good. I think I started really to like her when her parents had their re-wedding ceremony. Mama is a very big woman, but she wore her original wedding down – satiny and shiny, and they went to a very popular and well-known Italian eatery in the area. They all looked happy!

Hey gifts may not sound like something we want to get, but evidently they're exactly what she wants, and what else can you say? Besides which, the family work together, and they seem to have a plan – she and her sister do cake decorating. It's a skill that can be honed and improved upon, I have a friend who's a cake decorator for Walmart, and actually gets a salary and health benefits and the whole shebang!

And she loves to resale shop. Seems like she would be a good mama, and I hope God blesses her with marriage, if that's what's going to give her happy and fulfilled life. I certainly wish her no ill, again, thus the gladness that the Maxwells spurned her.

Oh, and to be perfectly superficial – I like her new haircut, and her figure is adorable!

I agree that it's nice that it seems the girls are content with their life (aside from hoping to be married - which Rebecca, at least, has mentioned several times)

Not many 23 year olds would think a cake mix as a gift would be anything to write home about, or a cookie for their birthday, yet she seemed tickled with them. Frankly, it'd not be a bad thing for many to learn a bit more of!

I suspect her "love language" is probably quality time (or her primary one) Things like the effort and time that went into the pictures for her birthday banner thing speak volumes to her, it seems, because in a way, it conveyed what quality time in a more traditional sense does. And she also seems to love time with people, which explains why her birthday as it was seemed to make her so pleased.

Their lives seem to be far more simply than many may be, but they do seem ok with it.

And they really are shockingly less sheltered than the Maxwells - TV shows, Rebecca freely blogging (and if it's with a parent watching her every move, it's not like dictator Steve!)

While I'm afraid her oversharing may get her in trouble at times, she clearly genuinely cares about others and seems to really love people in general.

It's interesting how different all 3 girls actually look in the birthday post. No jumpers and bows, more like 3/4 sleeve tops/blouses, etc.

I have to admit, though, I'm curious what the beginning of the post about wanting Annah to do some things differently this year meant?

And I also would LOVE if Annah would write on the blog sometime. I'm curious if her view/take/etc on things is as similar to Rebecca as it comes across, or if that's just how it appears (or how I interpret it)

Annah has her own blog -- it's linked from Rebecca's blog page.

I think they did things differently this year because Rebecca asked Annah to (and Annah seems to be the party planner of the bunch) mostly because they had a busy weekend, making a graduation cake, and getting ready to go on vacation. So it's possible she just didn't want to be the focal point? Annah mentions it on her blog, too, but doesn't say why either.

I don't know what to think about Rachel. I know everyone has said she and her brothers look like FAS children, but I just don't see that at all. The photos I see online of FAS children have 3 characteristics that must all be there -- short horizontal distance of the opening of the eyes, and then a thin upper lip and a compromised groove that runs from the bottom of the nose to the upper lip. I just don't see these kids as obvious FAS. Am I missing something?

ETA: to change "vertical" to "horizontal" -- my bad!

Annah's blog seems significantly less excited about things, if that makes any sense.

Annah's blog seems significantly less excited about things, if that makes any sense.

Yes, well, she claims to be the more shy/less risk-taking sister so you would imagine her writing might be a bit less vibrant, too.

I agree that VS bras are worth the money. A good fitting bra makes all the difference in the world.I'm hoping Rebecca has decided to ditch those awful shapeless frumpers in favor of more structured outfits like that fitted top. A bit of structure and some well placed darts make a world of difference for those of us on the busty side. :dance:

I agree with the poster who said that Rebecca has a open and friendly face.She has lovely blue eyes and appears to have a clear complexion despite the unhealthy-looking tone. I think Rebecca could look quite lovely with a few cosmetic products. If I could make Rebecca over, I would darken her hair a tiny bit. Her current hair color does nothing for her but wash her out and pronounce her dark under-eye area even more. I would invest in a good under-eye corrector and a gel concealer to counteract the darkness and brighten up her eye area. An eyelash curler and a sweep of mascara would make those blue eyes POP. I would finish up her look with sweep of blush and a bit of gloss on the lips. :D

I love her haircut; it looks much more modern. I also love the blouse on her.

Annah has her own blog -- it's linked from Rebecca's blog page.

I think they did things differently this year because Rebecca asked Annah to (and Annah seems to be the party planner of the bunch) mostly because they had a busy weekend, making a graduation cake, and getting ready to go on vacation. So it's possible she just didn't want to be the focal point? Annah mentions it on her blog, too, but doesn't say why either.

I don't know what to think about Rachel. I know everyone has said she and her brothers look like FAS children, but I just don't see that at all. The photos I see online of FAS children have 3 characteristics that must all be there -- short horizontal distance of the opening of the eyes, and then a thin upper lip and a compromised groove that runs from the bottom of the nose to the upper lip. I just don't see these kids as obvious FAS. Am I missing something?

ETA: to change "vertical" to "horizontal" -- my bad!

Oh my goodness! How have I missed her blog this whole time?!

:doh:

I guess reading in a reader and not on her blog itself! LOL!

:lol:

I agree that VS bras are worth the money. A good fitting bra makes all the difference in the world.I'm hoping Rebecca has decided to ditch those awful shapeless frumpers in favor of more structured outfits like that fitted top. A bit of structure and some well placed darts make a world of difference for those of us on the busty side. :dance:

I agree with the poster who said that Rebecca has a open and friendly face.She has lovely blue eyes and appears to have a clear complexion despite the unhealthy-looking tone. I think Rebecca could look quite lovely with a few cosmetic products. If I could make Rebecca over, I would darken her hair a tiny bit. Her current hair color does nothing for her but wash her out and pronounce her dark under-eye area even more. I would invest in a good under-eye corrector and a gel concealer to counteract the darkness and brighten up her eye area. An eyelash curler and a sweep of mascara would make those blue eyes POP. I would finish up her look with sweep of blush and a bit of gloss on the lips. :D

You should start a version of Stitch Fix and one of the various make-up/beauty type subscription box things but specializing in things for those in the Fundie world! :D

Making it more spelled out, simplified, and more minimalistic, knowing many don't get much computer time (let alone unrestricted) to peruse Pinterest or blogs with tips, trends, or even just having a clue where to start in most cases, it could be a hot commodity! And you know how once one Fundie family likes something they all do it...

Quite the niche market and everything! :dance:

Little off topic but has ever stated why she & her sister don't have their drivers license.

I know after the 21st birthday post there is mention of her failing the test for the second time

I know after the 21st birthday post there is mention of her failing the test for the second time

Oh, I think I remember that now. But I think her dad was trying to train her himself because driver's training courses are so expensive (they are over $700 here, which I think is a lot!). Well, I hope eventually she will get her license. It is absurd to me that any girl who is 23 years old has to rely on other people to drive her around.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I've been browsing back through Rebecca's blog and found this post about a wedding at their church.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2013/10/mark-kaitlyn-ritters-wedding.html

This is the first time I've seen sword bearers at a civilian wedding. I understand that it's customary in military weddings, but it looks a bit odd for young men wearing cowboy vests and bolo ties, no?

Sorry to derail the thread, but I've been browsing back through Rebecca's blog and found this post about a wedding at their church.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2013/10/mark-kaitlyn-ritters-wedding.html

This is the first time I've seen sword bearers at a civilian wedding. I understand that it's customary in military weddings, but it looks a bit odd for young men wearing cowboy vests and bolo ties, no?

It's not the swords so much, but the Ritters seem to have black family members. We don't see that often with fundies.

I don't know if my comment is going to be worth "revamping" this thread but what the hell... I'll give it a try and see if some of you guys and gals can help! :D

On her blog, Annah mentions her and Rebecca's "oldest sister and her husband": have we seen her before in pictures or mentioned on Rebecca's blog? I have been reading it on and off for some time, but I honestly cannot recall an oldest sister and I thought Rebecca and Annah were the only siblings in the family...

I don't know if my comment is going to be worth "revamping" this thread but what the hell... I'll give it a try and see if some of you guys and gals can help! :D

On her blog, Annah mentions her and Rebecca's "oldest sister and her husband": have we seen her before in pictures or mentioned on Rebecca's blog? I have been reading it on and off for some time, but I honestly cannot recall an oldest sister and I thought Rebecca and Annah were the only siblings in the family...

I saw that, too, and wondered who the oldest sister is. I do know that their dad, Jerry, wrote in the forward of his riveting book that he's the father to 5, yet there are only 2 of them living at home so I just always assumed he had children from a previous marriage/relationship.

As a family, they get together a lot with a Donald and Jeremy and Leona and can't remember the other gal's name -- two married couples that Rebecca-eleventy calls her cousins, but one of the men and one of the women look enough like Jerry that I've often wondered if they are his children and not R&As cousins as they are referred to.

It will be interesting to see if Annah posts any photos from their visit. I think their parents have been married almost 25 years, so for the entire lifetimes of Rebecca and Annah, so the extra 3 kids have to be older than that. But you're right, I've never heard Rebecca ever mention a sister other than Annah, so that was surprising.

I get so annoyed when people start making a laundry list of what they would do to change Rebekah's appearances if they were given 5 minutes, a bottle of dye, and a blush brush. Seriously, she is the way she is, and it's really no one's damn business whether she wears make up or gets her hair colored. She seems happy with herself, and she seems like a really sweet girl. I can't imagine how it would feel to have complete strangers basically saying, "well she could be pretty IF..."

My hair has started to gray (from naturally black, so it really shows up), and I can't tell you how many people have asked when I planned to start to dye it (I don't). My eyes are blue, and I can't tell you how many people ask "if those are my real eyes". Seriously, people have no fucking boundaries.

If she ever reads here I hope she will be able to say that because she isn't like many of the fundie bloggers we follow, we have given her a fair shake. That she might be able to read some of our posts and see the value in some of the things we're saying. But seeing all this shit about her looks...if I was her that would make me want to discredit us in a second.

**Please excuse the rant. Wisdom teeth out less than 24 hours ago and I am kinda hopped up on pain meds**

She knows we exist and talk about her. Well, I take that back -- I'm not sure SHE knows we're here, but her father does. I don't think they've ever posted here, but he posted something on her blog a couple of years ago in response to a discussion that was going on here about the release of his book.

Archived