IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid question, but why do we refer to her as Rebecca "Eleventy-hundred"? :oops:

Eleventy-hundred refers to the many exclamation points Rebecca uses when she posts on the Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, she needed a nickname to distinguish her from all the other fundie Rebeccas, and so Rebecca Eleventy-hundred she became. It is a term of endearment (for me, anyway) because she really does seem like a nice girl with a big heart.

She is my favorite fundy, she and her family seem genuinely nice - They even had "unsaved" relatives over for Thanksgiving!!!!!11!!!. I wish she would update her blog.

Thanks for the explanation, FloraDoraDolly. ;)

Yes, it's been awhile since she updated.

Being a displaced southerner, I would not turn down dinner at cracker barrel. I would just bring a flask to spike my berry tea.

I missed this thread when I was moving. I like Cracker Barrel. There is one near my grandson's house so I take him there for the first day of school, birthday, etc. We love to play that small board game with the golf tees. When he has a friend along they like to play checkers. I love that they have the old gums from the50's; Black Jack, Teaberry, Beeman's, and Clove. 8-)

Yup, I will be doing no snarking on this Rebecca. Her vistas are limited, but she seems like a kind young woman who is genuinely interested in others. I only wish her kindness and concern were reciprocated much more.

She is my favorite fundy, she and her family seem genuinely nice - They even had "unsaved" relatives over for Thanksgiving!!!!!11!!!. I wish she would update her blog.

The fact that she had to mention that they were 'unsaved' irritates the fuck out of me. Nothing like 'othering' folks on the internets.

Edited to add: I don't keep pet fundies. These people would like to restrict the rights of me and mine as defined by law and that's not ok, no matter how 'innocent' they may appear and regardless of how poorly iced their cakes are.

Experiencedd, I do agree, but this poor gal is hardly in the position to stand up for her own rights, let alone infringe on yours or mine. I won't snark on her--but that doesn't mean I have any respect for the life her parents have inflicted on her.

Experiencedd, I do agree, but this poor gal is hardly in the position to stand up for her own rights, let alone infringe on yours or mine. I won't snark on her--but that doesn't mean I have any respect for the life her parents have inflicted on her.

You are free to make as many excuses for her as you wish. Her position is no different than that of some of the women on this forum who now post here, and who have successfully escaped her future.

The fact that she had to mention that they were 'unsaved' irritates the fuck out of me. Nothing like 'othering' folks on the internets.

Edited to add: I don't keep pet fundies. These people would like to restrict the rights of me and mine as defined by law and that's not ok, no matter how 'innocent' they may appear and regardless of how poorly iced their cakes are.

I have a lot of friends whose religious and political beliefs are different from my own. Nice people are nice people, whether they're Christians, Muslims, Jews, atheists, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Greens, or whatever. I don't see every fundamentalist Christian as the boogeyman or boogeywoman.

I have a lot of friends whose religious and political beliefs are different from my own. Nice people are nice people, whether they're Christians, Muslims, Jews, atheists, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Greens, or whatever. I don't see every fundamentalist Christian as the boogeyman or boogeywoman.

This.

Okay, lemme just say that buying little girl dresses for your future children is not a fundy-correct thing to do. She is not leaving her reproductive issues in the "hands of God". What if God did not intend on her getting married, or maybe He'll close her womb at 22? :naughty: She's going to be very dissapointed if she doesn't get married, poor thing.

snip I wish she would update her blog.

Maybe she's not updating so that the current post can act as a sort of tribute or memorial.

This.

Agreed. But in my experience it really depends on their attitude. I have stopped being friends with fundies and atheists because they wouldn't shut up about their beliefs and kept disparaging those that did not share them. Whereas my best friends from high school to this day are fundie lite and they have never proselytized to me or our other friends not condemn those who make different life choices. Of course I've cut off those that acted differently.

But it did bug me whens he asked the Maxwells to pray for them because t hey were having unsaved family over. Those that aren't saved are not a danger to Rebecca or her family, they aren't going to murder them in their sleep because they are unsaved or give them the plague. Pray to save them? Maybe they have a religion or personal belief system and who cares if it isn't the same as Rebecca's? God hasn't blessed people with children for thousands and thousands of years to have 99.9% of them damned. Get over yourself!

Okay, lemme just say that buying little girl dresses for your future children is not a fundy-correct thing to do. She is not leaving her reproductive issues in the "hands of God". What if God did not intend on her getting married, or maybe He'll close her womb at 22? :naughty: She's going to be very dissapointed if she doesn't get married, poor thing.

No, she is merely laying her dreams at God's feet and hoping he'll return her desire for fertility and procreation by laying this dream upon her heart (what is with fundies and "laying"?)...

If God closes her womb at 22 or doesn't have a husband hidden behind the bushes for her, she can always repurpose these dresses for a real woman who embraces her fertility. What doesn't serve God's purpose for you can always be repurposed for another...

She has posted a new update today in honor of Father's Day. I have a lot to say about it because I think her dad probably has some kind of past that she doesn't know about, but her love for him is abundant, so he's pretty lucky.

She has posted a new update today in honor of Father's Day. I have a lot to say about it because I think her dad probably has some kind of past that she doesn't know about, but her love for him is abundant, so he's pretty lucky.

Why do you say that ? Share please !!!111!!!

i've not yet read the Fathers Day post, but DO follow the links to her father's books. They're brilliant.

Wow. Heavy stuff. Thoughts from Him has the Look inside! option activated on Amazon. It's a beauty. I'm curious (and almost tempted to order) how apple cider vinegar and homemade yogurt managed to make their way into a I <3 you, Lord book. Those aren't metaphors, right?

You are free to make as many excuses for her as you wish. Her position is no different than that of some of the women on this forum who now post here, and who have successfully escaped her future.

Experiencedd, I do understand your point, but I think we've had some discussion on the board regarding Rebecca's mental capacity, separate from the social deficiencies we tend to see in sheltered fundies.

Why do you say that ? Share please !!!111!!!

It's just a feeling I get about him -- nothing more than creepy intuition.

Wow. Heavy stuff. Thoughts from Him has the Look inside! option activated on Amazon. It's a beauty. I'm curious (and almost tempted to order) how apple cider vinegar and homemade yogurt managed to make their way into a I <3 you, Lord book. Those aren't metaphors, right?

No, I am guessing metaphors are a bit beyond Daddy Kellum.

Did you read the "book description" on amazon? COMEDY GOLD.

Well, and the dumb book is 96 pages and sells for $9 on Amazon, but $21 on Barnes & Noble and 17 pounds on a UK bookseller site. Uhhhh, wow.

It's self-published. I was surprised to see it so low on amazon. It must've cost a bloody fortune for him to publish himself. Aren't those vanity presses pretty expensive?

OK how on EARTH have I missed this? Amazon says that Mr. Kellum has FIVE children. I didn't know that Rebeccah and Annah had other siblings.

Archived