IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

When I read Rebecca's post today, I had a tinge of sadness missing Laurel. I wonder if there could be a similar home situation and the "best thing" seemed to be for Rachel to stay with the Kellums, with whom she seems quite close.

Jana: FAS is fetal alcohol syndrome

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel Rebecca accomplished the opposite of what she intended with her post. People will be curious and try to dig up information now. If she hadn't mentioned anything, I doubt anyone would have known something was up.

I feel Rebecca accomplished the opposite of what she intended with her post. People will be curious and try to dig up information now. If she hadn't mentioned anything, I doubt anyone would have known something was up.

Agreed!!! I don't know that I would have suspected that Rachel was living there because she was already in all the photos and Rebecca talked about her all.the.time - to the point that I worried Rachel was her only friend outside of the family. Rachel isn't exactly an age-matched peer for Rebecca, so it's always seemed odd to me, but whatever. I wonder if there are quite a few "shirt-tail" family members that read the blog and Rebecca, et al., was just trying to stop any questions that will, or have been, coming up? I don't know, but after I read it, I, too, was interested in trying to figure out WTF was going on.

Agree! I really want to know whats going on. If she had not said anything then no one would wonder.

I hope Rachel is all right, whatever the situation. It's probably better for her to live with a family she knows well rather than going into foster care.

I agree. Rebecca's family seem to love Rachel, and that security is paramount.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep hearing references to Rebecca !!!!!!11!!!! Eleventy!!!!!! So had to see for myself what the fuss was about. If ever there were a fundy I wanted to escape find true love and happiness it's her! Her last 6 or so posts are about her favorite tv show! I find them oddly endearing and cannot believe I read them.

I tried to follow the links about Rachel but the posts have been taken down.

I keep hearing references to Rebecca !!!!!!11!!!! Eleventy!!!!!! So had to see for myself what the fuss was about. If ever there were a fundy I wanted to escape find true love and happiness it's her! Her last 6 or so posts are about her favorite tv show! I find them oddly endearing and cannot believe I read them.

I tried to follow the links about Rachel but the posts have been taken down.

I hope the posts were taken down to protect Rachel's privacy and not because something else has happened to her.

I don't see that she's taken down any posts regarding Rachel. The nebulous one about Rachel living with them and to not ask questions is still there. Right before the riveting reviews she's made on some TV show.

And her latest post about what her mother means to her is sad to me: "I'm so thankful for my mother. She takes us shopping, she's a great cook and taught us, she will go out of her way for us to do our projects, she prays for us, she buys us sodas, she has a burden for other people. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Love you."

Great cook? She buys us sodas? She takes us shopping? I'm glad she's happy with that. I wish I could be that minimalist. Her mom is lucky getting away with making unhealthy foods (if you read her blog, you will see photos of the foods her mother makes -- blech).

I caught that, too. "She buys us sodas," is such a random thing to be grateful for. Maybe if you were 6 years old and a weekly soda was a big treat, but Rebecca is now in her 20's. I can't figure out if Rebecca is just terrible at conveying important things or if soda looms really large in her universe.

I caught that, too. "She buys us sodas," is such a random thing to be grateful for. Maybe if you were 6 years old and a weekly soda was a big treat, but Rebecca is now in her 20's. I can't figure out if Rebecca is just terrible at conveying important things or if soda looms really large in her universe.

I think Rebecca has some trouble organizing her thoughts and putting herself in the audience's shoes when writing. My guess is that recently her mother surprised the girls with some sodas while they were out on a hot day or one evening the family realized they were out of root beer and she offered to go to the store to pick some up while everyone else was relaxing. The memory is fresh in Rebecca's mind so it goes down on the list of kind things her mother does without any clarification.

Also, does anyone know what sort of church the Wilkersons go to?

Both could be. Sounds like something I'd say about my SO to praise him, but without context it makes no sense. When I was growing up, a glass of Fanta/Coke was a special treat, reserved for Sundays. Our parents didn't want us drinking fizzy drinks all the time. So, I'm used to drinking water. Of course, I could buy myself all the fizzy drinks I want, these days, but it's the habit of a lifetime to drink water. Getting me a can of my favourite fizzy drink is a cheap and easy way for my partner to make me smile, and feel a bit more special, because I associate it with a special treat.

It might be something similar for her, it might not be. Just elaborating on your thoughts by way of personal experience. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like RebeccaEleventy posted pics of her 23rd birthday (this thread has come a long way, baby). she has a new haircut which I can't figure out if I like or not but I'm glad to see she feels great about it! It looks like it might be a bit mullet-y. What's the Nick and Nora thing about?

Looks like RebeccaEleventy posted pics of her 23rd birthday (this thread has come a long way, baby). she has a new haircut which I can't figure out if I like or not but I'm glad to see she feels great about it! It looks like it might be a bit mullet-y. What's the Nick and Nora thing about?

Agree it does look like a mullet.

Agree it does look like a mullet.

Oh dear. It really does.

She looks a bit slimmer to me...?

Oh dear. It really does.

She looks a bit slimmer to me...?

She does!! And she has a nice little top on that shows off her lovely bust! I am hoping those "pink bags" may have been VS bags which contained an appropriately fitting undergarment for her.

She does!! And she has a nice little top on that shows off her lovely bust! I am hoping those "pink bags" may have been VS bags which contained an appropriately fitting undergarment for her.

I wondered that, too. The fitted shirt really does show off her bust and those frumpers were trying to hide it. Of course, if she had any hope of becoming a Maxwell, that defrauding shirt has finally completely disqualified her. And the pink bags...let's see...well, the good thing is, they wouldn't have been Walmart bags. But somehow, I don't see her family as VS people -- just walking into the store would be defrauding enough.

And the hair? She seems happy with it and it does make her look more her age. But yeah, it looks like a mullet.

Oh, and Rachel Wilkerson is in the photo with Rebecca's sister. She's really grown up! I wonder how old she is now? I remember she was always such a cute little girl with those big bows on top of her head (that she managed to make look cute, and really, so many others just can't). I don't know the last time I saw a photo of her, but she has really changed.

I'm fond of – and perhaps feel a little protective over – Rebecca 11-T, too. (That's how Siri spelled her nickname, and I like it, and it stays!)

For one thing, the poor kid thought the Maxwells were good catch. As many have stated before, she's being spared that awful kind of life, so that's good. I think I started really to like her when her parents had their re-wedding ceremony. Mama is a very big woman, but she wore her original wedding down – satiny and shiny, and they went to a very popular and well-known Italian eatery in the area. They all looked happy!

Hey gifts may not sound like something we want to get, but evidently they're exactly what she wants, and what else can you say? Besides which, the family work together, and they seem to have a plan – she and her sister do cake decorating. It's a skill that can be honed and improved upon, I have a friend who's a cake decorator for Walmart, and actually gets a salary and health benefits and the whole shebang!

And she loves to resale shop. Seems like she would be a good mama, and I hope God blesses her with marriage, if that's what's going to give her happy and fulfilled life. I certainly wish her no ill, again, thus the gladness that the Maxwells spurned her.

Oh, and to be perfectly superficial – I like her new haircut, and her figure is adorable!

Little off topic but has ever stated why she & her sister don't have their drivers license.

A few years ago, Rebecca mentioned to Stevehovah that her dad was teaching her to drive (she was maybe 19 or 20 at the time, when she was still vying for a spot on the compound), so my guess is she either never passed the test or never ended up taking the test. It would drive me nuts to have 20-somethings still living under my roof who couldn't drive. I can hardly wait for my son to be old enough to get his license so I can send him on errands (single mom, here!). :)

ETA: OMG, I just realized my post count flipped me into a new category! I'm On a Sparkling Adventure! Weeee heeee!

I think it's just the way her bangs are styled that are making it look like a mullet...

There was a movie a few years ago called Nick and Nora's (Norah's?) Infinite Playlist. IDK if Rebecca would be allowed to watch that, though. ETA: I looked back through the blog a little (I wanted to see what her old hairstyle was lol) and it looks like she has a young cousin(?) named Nora, so maybe those are the names of some relatives.

I’m not too familiar with Rebecca or the story with her and the Maxwells, so this is the first picture I’ve seen of her …and I’m sorry to say this, but I thought the picture of her with her new haircut was a picture of her mother before I saw the caption. That hairstyle does not belong on a 23 year old.

Archived