IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

OK how on EARTH have I missed this? Amazon says that Mr. Kellum has FIVE children. I didn't know that Rebeccah and Annah had other siblings.

I have a feeling that the three "missing" children are part of the "unsaved" branch of the family that Rebecca!!!!11!! mentioned. Must be from Daddy's first, un-blessed-by-God marriage.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that the three "missing" children are part of the "unsaved" branch of the family that Rebecca!!!!11!! mentioned. Must be from Daddy's first, un-blessed-by-God marriage.

That's been my assumption as well. Daddy Kellum was out spawning children in his unsaved days. And now that he's stopped drinking, he's doing it all up right by having a janitorial business and raising his other two kids in a trailer shack. And he's trying to give life advice to others through his "wisdom". I just can't imagine what he thinks he knows that most other people don't.

yes, i think Rebecca!!! and Annah are the only two of this marriage. There are three from the mister's previous marriage/relationship.

I'm surprised he is getting away with adultery.

No, I am guessing metaphors are a bit beyond Daddy Kellum.

Did you read the "book description" on amazon? COMEDY GOLD.

The phrase "smorgasbord of wisdom" just isn't used nearly enough.

And in case you are just a little too lazy to go to the Amazon site, here is the book description. I am assuming Jerry wrote it himself. It is screaming with bad punctuation. And remember, these people are homeschooling. Ugh.

"Do you want to avoid life's common pitfalls? Experience is a great teacher,YES! However, somethings are best not experienced first hand. In " Thoughts From Him " Jerry Kellum shares from his wealth of wisdom from the school of hard knocks, and from his personal relationship with The Lord, how you can walk a smoother path than he did. In this smorgasbord of wisdom, Mr Kellum discusses a wide variety of subjects with a wealth of insight for many areas of life. Yet his delivery is simple, practical, and riddled with scriptural insight. Thoughts From Him includes: His personal journey from a rebellious youth, to an angry failure-of-a-husband-and-father, to the wise and humble servant leader he is today. Wisdom and biblical insight how you may embark on this journey. Courtship, dating, and preparing for marriage. Marriage and family. Work and finances. Prayer, forgiveness and spiritual warfare. Even original music,poetry,one-liners, and some favorite family recipe's. Jerry W Kellum is a happily married father of five children, who possesses a sincere desire to share his wisdom with others for God's glory. Mr Kellum is now living in Missouri with his wife Mary, and two adult daughters Rebecca and Annah."

why did they stop at 2 children? it's not BIBLICLE to have so few children! Did God close her womb??

why did they stop at 2 children? it's not BIBLICLE to have so few children! Did God close her womb??

You'll have to buy the book to find out! I'm sure the answer is contained in the smorgasbord.

And in case you are just a little too lazy to go to the Amazon site, here is the book description. I am assuming Jerry wrote it himself. It is screaming with bad punctuation. And remember, these people are homeschooling. Ugh.

"Do you want to avoid life's common pitfalls? Experience is a great teacher,YES! However, somethings are best not experienced first hand. In " Thoughts From Him " Jerry Kellum shares from his wealth of wisdom from the school of hard knocks, and from his personal relationship with The Lord, how you can walk a smoother path than he did. In this smorgasbord of wisdom, Mr Kellum discusses a wide variety of subjects with a wealth of insight for many areas of life. Yet his delivery is simple, practical, and riddled with scriptural insight. Thoughts From Him includes: His personal journey from a rebellious youth, to an angry failure-of-a-husband-and-father, to the wise and humble servant leader he is today. Wisdom and biblical insight how you may embark on this journey. Courtship, dating, and preparing for marriage. Marriage and family. Work and finances. Prayer, forgiveness and spiritual warfare. Even original music,poetry,one-liners, and some favorite family recipe's. Jerry W Kellum is a happily married father of five children, who possesses a sincere desire to share his wisdom with others for God's glory. Mr Kellum is now living in Missouri with his wife Mary, and two adult daughters Rebecca and Annah."

interesting choice of words. :lol:

riddled

past participle, past tense of rid·dle (Verb)

Verb:

Make many holes in (someone or something), esp. with gunshot.

Fill or permeate (someone or something), esp. with something unpleasant or undesirable.

I almost want to buy the book to hear about his journey of rebellious youth to the wise leader he is today. Also, he is giving financial advice? LOL, it might be worth the $9 if I can get free shipping...

I almost want to buy the book to hear about his journey of rebellious youth to the wise leader he is today. Also, he is giving financial advice? LOL, it might be worth the $9 if I can get free shipping...

I'll bet you could get an autographed copy if you comment on Rebecca's blog. And you know THAT's going to be worth some money down the road...

And I'll split the cost with you. I am dying to see his family "recipe's" (you know, with an apostrophe). LOLOLOL.

• 1 year later...

I am hoping it's ok to necro this thread. As it's the most recent Rebecca Eleventy thread and most recent I'm finding mentioning the Wilkerson family it seemed like the best option.

I'm not sure if anyone even still really follows them since she's hardly posting and it's basically been to say she would explain when she could.

No clue why suddenly she feels able to share this, but something has apparently changed (and I'm guessing this may also be tied to the Wilkerson adoption that 'fell through') although who knows, since she has often been prone to inappropriate oversharing of specifics of the lives of others on her blog.

The short version is her 'best friend' Rachel W is - and has been for 18 months - homeschooling and then living with them.

For a year and a half, we were homeschooling our friend, Rachel. What I'm

trying to say is...is that...last October, we had a crisis, and now Rachel is

staying with us, she's been placed in our care right now. Readers, PLEASE

do not ask us questions regarding the circumstances!!!!! Legally, we are not

permitted to discuss it, plus it's personally so hard.

Then alluding to this difficult trial (I'm assuming she's meaning fundie speak for tribulation not a legal trial, though I'd guess that's also coming into play) and things being painfully sad, etc., but that Rachel is doing well.

That (to me) explains the sudden lack of her blogging and lack of reference to the rest of the family but periodic appearances of Rachel, including mentioning her being like a sister (at a tea party, and NOT tying her in like she was the other little girls there) since she's been there to a much greater degree since apparently October of 2012.

In typically Rebecca speak I'm not quite clear if she's trying to say they homeschooled her for 18 months and it's only been the last 6 months that she's been living with them also, or if it's been all of the above since October 2012 (I'd guess it's really that).

It sounds like the boys are still there (and have been all along) which, given Rachel now also being out of the home, make me wonder if that's somehow tied to the other adoption of Mary not happening at the very last minute. Timing wise that could certainly fit with something prompting some sort of investigation perhaps and then the result being a trial placement with the Kellum family maybe?

I suppose it could be more innocuous given raising multiple kids with FAS could be very difficult - I have several families that I know that have adopted sibling sets with kids that all have FAS, so I have actually seen how challenging it can be from RL friends/family.

But at the same time, if that were the case, it'd be odd she'd mention legal stuff, not being able to ask questions, and pretty much insinuate this was not by the family's choice.

Plus, I find it hard to believe that someone - anyone - with any authority would randomly up and decide Rebecca's family was the best place for Rachel to be homeschooled and this all to have really started over schooling 18 months ago (or challenges with raising 3 kids with FAS and thus being a choice of T/S Wilk.)

As much as it seems Rebecca's family is kind-hearted and truly care about others, the blog and father's book alone are pretty clear indicators that it's not going to be a den of doctoral education or something. Which would seem to also indicate a placement for some other reason, with the Kellum family being where she went given the obvious closeness that has existed between the families for quite some time, and the fact that it does seem like Rachel was almost a family member to the Kellum girls as it was.

Plus, something was clearly amiss following the failed adoption because there were multiple mentions about hurtful things being said and such about T/S Wilk.

Anyway, like I said, hope it's ok to necro this and post. And I hope everything really is ok with Rachel and that she truly is thriving in her new (apparent) home and that she's able to stay there. She's nearly 14 now, no? A lot of moving around and such would be difficult at that age no matter what, but especially when with special needs, consistency typically makes a tremendous difference for kids!

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2014/04/only-through-gods-grace.html

Also, haven't done much looking to try to figure out more, but there is an obituary for Rachel's maternal grandfather from summer of 2013 and she is still listed there as a grandchild so that may indicate I'm misinterpreting Rebecca's comments and at that point they were only homeschooling Rachel, but it seems very odd they'd take her in to school her and then suddenly be given what appears to be some degree of legal custody for whatever reason.

And rereading Rebecca's blog around that time, she mentions Mrs. W being diagnosed with cancer in December of 2012 and the kids, so...? Maybe her math is really off and this is really all as of only October 2013 and not a year and a half ago? (I'm hoping her blog archives might end up giving more hints!)

So was ths Rachel a foster child for the Wilkerson's & now she lives w/ Rebecca & her family.

I'm pretty sure the Wilkersons adopted her along with her brothers. I'm trying to remember her parents' names. Certainly one of our super-sleuths here can dig up any kind of legal action that might be going on, right?

Hopefully she hasn't been abused, but it sounds like maybe she has. Ugh.

I hope Rachel is all right, whatever the situation. It's probably better for her to live with a family she knows well rather than going into foster care.

Her parents (Rachel's) are Tom and Sharon.

Digging back in Rebecca's blog, there are pics of Rachel and her brothers 4th of July 2013. hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2013/07/4th-of-july-celebrations.html

Then the blog went pretty quiet after that, and mostly only vague references to friends, never the Wilkerson family specifically like pretty much every post or 'event' had previously, and what's clearly the back of Rachel's head on a post of Rebecca's dad's birthday later in fall (but no mention of any of the Wilkerson's being there) and what seems to be the back of Rachel's head in (relatively early) August of 2013 and it's the last pic there hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2013/08/late.html

And this seems to be Rachel sitting on the bed during one of the party pics toward the bottom wearing a brighter pink sweater vest on Annah's bed holding the little girl with the blonde girl in the denim skirt next to her (and Rachel looking much older, but there hadn't been a real pic since July so...that fits) - it's 5 up from the bottom of the post hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2013/12/make-up-posts.html

So maybe it was some temporary trial thing and they were just only homeschooling her beginning 18 months ago and it has really been just since October 2013 she's been living with them.

But I still find them (the Kellum family) being an odd choice to have homeschool her unless this started as them really struggling with her behaviour, maybe, and feeling in over their heads with 3 kids with FAS and so they did it informally (especially if Mrs. Wilkerson did have cancer) and somehow from that it's turned into something more complicated and Rachel's with them more permanently for some reason.

That just doesn't fit well (in my mind) with all the references to it being so hard and legal stuff and not being able to explain and yada yada...but stuff doesn't always makes sense with Rebecca's explanations, so...who knows!

I also thought that she and her brothers were adopted, not fostered by the Wilkersons. They were on the local news a few years ago when Rachel got lost in the woods and was presumed missing for a while. The parents are Tom and Sharon. I tried digging up information on this current case, but was unsuccessful. Wonder what happened to the brothers.

Rebecca alluded to some kind of trial, whether it was a personal one or a real trial, I don't know. That little girl was classic FAS according to the behavior Rebecca spoke about several years ago.

And didn't the Wilkinson's have one adoption go south and the little girl was taken away? She was shown getting some kind of certificate welcoming her to the family and then, zip she's gone.

As much as we comment on Rebecca and her family, I do believe that she is a dedicated girl who will do her best homeschooling Rachel. It will give her something to do while the world goes on around them.

I also thought that she and her brothers were adopted, not fostered by the Wilkersons. They were on the local news a few years ago when Rachel got lost in the woods and was presumed missing for a while. The parents are Tom and Sharon. I tried digging up information on this current case, but was unsuccessful. Wonder what happened to the brothers.

Yeah, like you said, they were adopted (from the earlier newspapers and stories, at least)

I'm trying to also dig.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with one of the brothers and that's why the adoption of another (non-bio sibling) fell through?

Which could explain Rebecca also saying something about people saying hurtful things. Whether that meant they were inferring they felt Mary was saying hurtful things about someone or that others were as far as what happened with it all, perhaps? (And why the adoption didn't go through)

Because if the boys are still there, it'd seem odd that only the other girl in the family is now also out of the home.

I'm pretty sure the Wilkersons adopted her along with her brothers. I'm trying to remember her parents' names. Certainly one of our super-sleuths here can dig up any kind of legal action that might be going on, right?

Hopefully she hasn't been abused, but it sounds like maybe she has. Ugh.

Thanks for the info!! I do remember seeing pictures of Rachel & her siblings on their blog. I figured they were all related cause they had similar facial features.

Rebecca alluded to some kind of trial, whether it was a personal one or a real trial, I don't know. That little girl was classic FAS according to the behavior Rebecca spoke about several years ago.

And didn't the Wilkinson's have one adoption go south and the little girl was taken away? She was shown getting some kind of certificate welcoming her to the family and then, zip she's gone.

As much as we comment on Rebecca and her family, I do believe that she is a dedicated girl who will do her best homeschooling Rachel. It will give her something to do while the world goes on around them.

I'm guessing her use of trial in the blog was as in 'tribulation.' Because that really is typical Christian-ese in difficult situations (speaking as an entirely non-fundie Christian! :lol: ) - James 1:2-4, etc.

I think it's only the later reference with not being able to say something that is more a reference to something actually also being in play legally (and thus why she can't say much)

But the latter is also making me think something has happened making this more official given that she's even saying something now, because otherwise why say as much as she has now? While she can be a (seemingly always very well-intentioned) oversharer, it'd seem far more likely she'd have only said something about something difficult going on and requesting prayer or such as she has in the past.

Like maybe now having some degree of more permanent custody and wanting to be able to actually post pictures and not get questioned about why the boys or parents are never mentioned now?

And I completely agree, I think they will do their best with Rachel and that they do genuinely all really love her and care deeply about her. I just think that they'd have been an odd choice to school her (if the entire decision started over that alone) given some of what we've seen - which is why I think there has to be something deeper going on.

And I also completely agree that everything indicates Rachel is quite stereotypical FAS - both in what's been described (never mind that her parents stated they were diagnosed with it in those earlier articles/stories) as well as in physical characteristics.

I forget which boy is which without going back to look, but one of the boys seems to also have the physical attributes particularly indicative of FAS, as well (not that the other doesn't also, but one has FAS features even more strongly than the other) and the video (that Rachel films) that show the boys (well, Rebecca and Annah, as well) interacting and, well, yeah.

I hope and pray that this ends up being a good thing for Rachel and all of the rest of her family, no matter what is behind it all.

Archived