IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

Disturbing post today on hiswayserves -- a baby dies very suddenly of abdominal abscess? Interested in the backstory. Family is the Notgrass family.

ETA: Notgrass blog: johnandaudra.notgrass.com/

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the third baby they have lost?

I only read about another on their blog, and can't remember the gestational age, the footprints appeared to be not quite an inch.

Yeah, they say there have been two other lost babies but they only blogged about one that appears to be a very premature birth or a very late miscarriage. Maybe the third was an early miscarriage. So sad for them though.

From what I can tell, they were married in March 2009. She became pregnant around June 2009 and suffered a stillbirth in early December 2009, so at sixish months. She had a baby in January 2011, and this is the baby that recently died. I can't find a specific reference to another loss other than the hiswayserves blog, but that is a lot of grief in a short amount of time.

A very distant friend of a friend of a friend of my family had a baby who died of sepsis that originated as an abscess just under the skin, so I've heard of something like that happening. Very sad and random.

What, pray tell, is a "severe abscess abdominal infection"? In a 16mo? What causes it?

What, pray tell, is a "severe abscess abdominal infection"? In a 16mo? What causes it?

My guess would be a ruptured appendix. That shit can happen fast, and when it happened to me the child was at least old enough to tell me his stomach hurt.

I saw that, too, and it does seem terribly, terribly sad but a little fishy.

if i read it correctly, she is currently 8 mos pregnant?

god. i cannot imagine the anguish. in fact, i was thinking of this family and that little boy's pictures as i was getting ready this morning, listening to my own two children play.

Well, and little Avery was 16 months old and his mom, Audra, is 8 months pregnant. But she seems to have a history of miscarriage -- has already miscarried once since Avery was born. Ummmm????

And the poor babe died of some kind of "severe abscess abdominal infection", but then another of her photos says he was in the hospital last week for a "mouth infection". I just have to wonder what happened to that poor boy??? How does a 16mo baby get a mouth infection?

There is a picture of the Audra holding the baby and Rebecca!!! caption it "At this time Audra was pregnant with little Glory Dawn." She doesn't look pregnant to me, so I am guessing she wasn't very far along when she lost that baby. Rebecca!!! said that they lost two babies before, neither full term. I'm guessing the second baby they lost was that miscarriage. I do feel sorry for them and especially for the baby who died.

Rebecca!! seems to wallow in other peoples pain.

This. She always seems to blog to let us know something bad as happen. Maybe she wallows in other people's pain because she has so little going on in her life and she is living vicariously through the people around her.

Is it wrong of me to think that Audra isn't having medically supervised pregnancies? Thats a lot of pregnancies in a very short period of time. Since its been years since I was playing the pregnancy game, would a Dr. not tell the woman to slow down and give her body time to heal?

Okay, there's a story behind the above photo. Sunday, when Doug

Miller was speaking, he was told he had until 11:15, 15 minutes

before lunch, but he thought they were kidding and got carried

away in his message. Of course, they let him do it. After several

minutes, he asked how they were doing on time, and Sonny

said lunch was at 12:30. Doug asked what time it was.

Someone shouted out 12:25! I wish I could've gotten a picture

to show the expression on Mr. Miller's face!

Rebecca's like the most bored person alive and doesn't even realize it. When something like the above quote is the biggest event in your day...

If she and Sarah Maxwell ever sit down to "fellowship" I imagine the conversation would be riveting. The blessings of babysitting other people's children. The thrill of a good Bible story. The joy of making tacos with your brothers and sisters. The absolute delirium contained within the act of dying to one's self and cleaning someone's crappy toilet.

i think rebecca!!!! probably is a sweet girl, and fancies herself everybody's BFF.

I also imagine, with such a small life, any dramatic event (good or bad) is cause for her to become "more interesting" to herself and/or her readers.

Speaking of FAS (weren't we?), the notgrass husband has a really FAS-looking head.

i think rebecca!!!! probably is a sweet girl, and fancies herself everybody's BFF.

I also imagine, with such a small life, any dramatic event (good or bad) is cause for her to become "more interesting" to herself and/or her readers.

Speaking of FAS (weren't we?), the notgrass husband has a really FAS-looking head.

This.

Yes, the Notgrass husband is rather unfortunate-looking. And he's got stained teeth which gives me the creeps. I think Audra is pretty.

One of the things Rebecca!!!!!! said on her blog is that the Notgrass husband has had to help Audra with depression in the past (okay, too lazy to go back to the blog to actually retrieve the quote). I feel sorry for the baby she is carrying, actually. His mother is depressed from her loss, she's had a number of losses in the past, and who knows what kind of parents they will be able to be as a result of all this trauma.

Guest Anonymous

I think that Rebecca tries to emulate the Maxwell blog, but as she doesn't have a large family of her own, she writes about the Church family as though it were her business to do so. I think she is really a simple soul and has probably never had the concept of 'boundaries' explained to her.

She reminds me a bit of 'silly pippi' Anna Beasley, who also seems to be humoured by those around her and allowed to blog without boundaries about things that are outside her family's business.

One thing I notice is that Rebecca!!!11 mentions other families on her blog, shows lots of pics of them, talks about what's going on in their lives, but the other families do not reciprocate. Rebecca doesn't show up on the Klein's blog at all, even though it sounds as though they do socialize quite frequently. These relationships look a bit one-sided.

Guest Anonymous
One thing I notice is that Rebecca!!!11 mentions other families on her blog, shows lots of pics of them, talks about what's going on in their lives, but the other families do not reciprocate. Rebecca doesn't show up on the Klein's blog at all, even though it sounds as though they do socialize quite frequently. These relationships look a bit one-sided.

This girl comments on Rebecca's blog, but she also seems quite simple in her understanding of life:

savoriesoflife.blogspot.co.uk/

Her sidebar reveals that she is being homeschooled and has several siblings. Also, this year she was saved by Christ. Also she is allergic to wheat.

SOTDRT storytelling fail.

This girl comments on Rebecca's blog, but she also seems quite simple in her understanding of life:

savoriesoflife.blogspot.co.uk/

Her sidebar reveals that she is being homeschooled and has several siblings. Also, this year she was saved by Christ. Also she is allergic to wheat.

SOTDRT storytelling fail.

I looked at the Savories blog as it's one of Rebecca's links. I don't like this girl as much as I like Rebecca. Which family is this? She doesn't give her name anywhere that I can tell.

I will say that Rebecca!!!!11!!!! has toned down the number of exclamation points she is using on the Maxwell blog. So she's either reading here, or someone took it upon themselves to let her know.

Archived