IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

gustava and lilwriter85, you are both correct with what you wrote about osteoporosis. I should have clarified, but I was writing in a hurry. Osteoporosis is a real medical issue and not just an aesthetic one. From what I understand, while breastfeeding does put a burden on bone mineralization, a woman's bones rebound to even great mineral density once the baby is weaned. I don't know that this happens when a woman nurses for only a short while and then gets pregnant again. A woman's body is not meant to be a non-stop baby factory.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it is. The poor, sad, shrivelled thing hiding there inside her that is also known as her uterus is crying with joy and starting to feel a little less traumatized and more safe. It might decide to come out from its hiding place behind of her lung, where it has been rocking in a corner crying for the past 4 years.

:lol:

Michelle doesn't give her body time to rest and heal itself after a pregnancy. She keeps having children back to back. I'm sure by now it has taken a toll on her body and her libido. And by now she's too old to have children. She's almost menopausal age. Even if she does manage to get pregnant(which is unlikely)she would have to find a high risk ob/gyn and I'm sure people will comment how selfish she is. I think Josie might be her last child.

I just don't understand where fundies get their talking points about the secular world. For example, they claim that organized schools are full of drugs and orgies and talk of secular humanism and Marxism, etc, all of which is easily refuted. Why doesn't anyone challenge the Duggars when they say these kinds of things? Why doesn't the reporter say, "Well, Michelle you went to public school. What kinds of Marxism were you exposed to?" When they say "rockers don't live past forty," why doesn't the reporter say, "What about Tina Turner? Or Paul McCartney? Or Mick Jagger? Or Elton John?" I know JB and Michelle would feign ignorance about who these people are, but someone really needs to call them out on their stupid statements.

or Keith Richards, he had to be airlifted to hospital because he fell out of a coconut tree, not because of drugs.

I am a musician and will turn 39 this year. Does this mean I am going to die soon? Sure I mostly do theatre and function work but I take rock work when it appears.

I would love to point out to these people that the drug of choice in the music industry at the moment is caffeine. Yes, caffeine Jinger, the same as in that coffee you are drinking. Admittedly musicians drink it in much higher quantities - several cans of Mother per show and three shows a day causes fairly serious health problems. (30yo having a heart attack - scary.)

Thanks FMJ. Enjoying the recap.

I'm another person who doesn't understand the collective delusion that the Duggar children are "so well behaved" :cray-cray:

I'm a Mum to young boys and I would be mortified if my children displayed some of the behaviour we've seen from the Duggar kids.

I remember one episode where Michelle took a gang of the younger boys shopping with her and they jumped in a go-kart that was for-sale and were riding it up and down the aisles- Oh yeah, that's a fine example of respect for other shoppers, and the merchandise right there. :clap:

Jim Bob was saying in one of the interviews yesterday that Michelle looks younger than people her age - and having kids has kept her young. I honestly don't think she looks too old either.

Wearing the same hair style and clothes for the last 30 years has probably kept her more young than popping out babies. I do not think she looks younger than most people her age. Both of them have baby faces which will make them continue to look young. Hey Jim Bob -- that's called genetics.

I am a musician and will turn 39 this year. Does this mean I am going to die soon? Sure I mostly do theatre and function work but I take rock work when it appears.

I would love to point out to these people that the drug of choice in the music industry at the moment is caffeine. Yes, caffeine Jinger, the same as in that coffee you are drinking. Admittedly musicians drink it in much higher quantities - several cans of Mother per show and three shows a day causes fairly serious health problems. (30yo having a heart attack - scary.)

One of the singers featured in the Oscar-winning documentary Twenty Feet from Stardom was Darlene Love. Love is 72 and she's still got a powerful voice. She has been a fixture of Late Night with David Letterman on the last show before Christmas every year since it started in 1986. Merry Clayton was also featured in the film, but she's only 65. Herb Alpert, who won the Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental album this year for Steppin' Out, turns 79 on the 31st of this month. Herb might not strike you as a rocker, but his early years were spent with rock n roll and he's done stuff more recently with jazz and hiphop. The story goes that back in the day that Herb kept a container of joints sitting on his desk at A&M Records. I don't know if that's true or not.

I think most of the time Michelle looks ok for her age especially for someone who has had a large family. I know a few women the same age as Michelle and they look younger than she does.

She has a full face, which helps her look younger. Plus, she is relatively thin for someone who had that many kids. She'd look a decade younger, however, if she ditched the home perms and wore modest but stylish clothing like the kind sold through Mod Cloth. Why do so many fundies seem to think that fashion is evil?

The J-slaves could just as easily dress modestly and cover up their legs and breasts with pretty dresses as the frumpy skirt/top combos they often wear. I especially dislike the polo shirts worn with denim skirts for some reason. They could also add some pretty knee-length boots. I bought a nice pair for $3 from the local thrift store last fall and I've worn them with my dresses all winter.

I don't think they realise caffeine is a drug. Especially with the amount Jinger drinks-remember the episode at the coffee shop? I think she drank more than she sold. Hope she doesn't discover anything stronger when she is married and has more freedom but none of the self control and decision making ability to make good choices. Or discover that she can buy energy drinks at the supermarket, and think they are okay to drink as much of as she does with coffee because theyre not age restricted or illegal, and her parents cant stop her. I think at this point, coffee (and Jessa) is the only thing that makes her life tolerable. I think if they banned her from drinking any she might go crazy.

It's interesting that you all are commenting on her bone issues...

I know that in pregnancy, lots of calcium is required for the developing fetus, and if the baby isn't getting enough, it will get it from the mother's bones, which undergo a process called "resorption" whereby bone is broken down and its component parts circulated in the blood.

It's actually common knowledge in the medical field that osteoporosis is a big risk in grand multiparous women, and all parous women, who are urged to drink a lot of milk in pregnancy.

Add to that the fact that Michelle is short, Caucasian, and small-boned and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't think they realise caffeine is a drug. Especially with the amount Jinger drinks-remember the episode at the coffee shop? I think she drank more than she sold. Hope she doesn't discover anything stronger when she is married and has more freedom but none of the self control and decision making ability to make good choices. Or discover that she can buy energy drinks at the supermarket, and think they are okay to drink as much of as she does with coffee because theyre not age restricted or illegal, and her parents cant stop her. I think at this point, coffee (and Jessa) is the only thing that makes her life tolerable. I think if they banned her from drinking any she might go crazy.

Don't energy drinks have age restrictions in certain counties/states? Here in Utah they are in vending machines starting in 6th grade. My friend in Ohio said her 17 year old son is not allowed to buy them, and even when she went in the store they would not sell her one because they knew she would be giving it to her son. I was surprised when I looked up that their was a law in her area and other states. I wonder if Duggars would campaign for or against energy drinks for kids? Here in Utah since Mormons can't drink coffee energy drinks are everywhere.

She has a full face, which helps her look younger. Plus, she is relatively thin for someone who had that many kids. She'd look a decade younger, however, if she ditched the home perms and wore modest but stylish clothing like the kind sold through Mod Cloth. Why do so many fundies seem to think that fashion is evil?

The J-slaves could just as easily dress modestly and cover up their legs and breasts with pretty dresses as the frumpy skirt/top combos they often wear. I especially dislike the polo shirts worn with denim skirts for some reason. They could also add some pretty knee-length boots. I bought a nice pair for $3 from the local thrift store last fall and I've worn them with my dresses all winter.

This book tour showed three of them in maxi-dresses.

Her posture is horrendous. And its only going to get worse if she doesnt do something soon. She really needs a back brace to force her to stand/sit up straight. Sitting at a desk I normally dont recognize that Im hunched over until I get a splitting headache and my back is unhappy. Now I habe a word counter when Im working on assignments, which reminds me to straighten up. Works so far!

Her posture is horrendous. And its only going to get worse if she doesnt do something soon. She really needs a back brace to force her to stand/sit up straight. Sitting at a desk I normally dont recognize that Im hunched over until I get a splitting headache and my back is unhappy. Now I habe a word counter when Im working on assignments, which reminds me to straighten up. Works so far!

I'd still love to read a doctor's report on the state of her body right now. I've mentioned before, but I have a friend in medical school and she told me once she'd almost be terrified to examine her.

A review of a Duggar book signing. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerqu ... k-signing/

I think the weirdest part is that you can't give them anything. i can see not the under-18s, but like someone else said in the comments...there are legal adults there and surely they can decide on their own whether or not someone can hand them some thing. Or at least they SHOULD be able to. My greatest wish for those girls is for them to learn that they don't have to allow this. They are adults and I hope, at least, some of them come to realize that they can and should make their own decisions about their own lives.

A review of a Duggar book signing. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerqu ... k-signing/

I think the weirdest part is that you can't give them anything. i can see not the under-18s, but like someone else said in the comments...there are legal adults there and surely they can decide on their own whether or not someone can hand them some thing. Or at least they SHOULD be able to. My greatest wish for those girls is for them to learn that they don't have to allow this. They are adults and I hope, at least, some of them come to realize that they can and should make their own decisions about their own lives.

Only halfway through the review quoted above. So many questions, but most of all: why was Ben signing books??

JB and Michelle probably fear that someone from FJ or with general liberal bearings slips the kids something about feminism or evolution or something else that would cause them to question their beliefs. Of course, they have no problem slipping other people unsolicited tracts, but they don't want the shoe on the other foot.

The not giving things I can actually understand. They travel on the already crowded bus. If they allowed people to bring gifts, I'm sure many of the fans would and it could easily be a couple of suitcases of stuff per stop. It's probably a reasonable thing to do.

Only halfway through the review quoted above. So many questions, but most of all: why was Ben signing books??

Probably because he is seen as a Half-Duggarling already, at least my guess.

JB and Michelle probably fear that someone from FJ or with general liberal bearings slips the kids something about feminism or evolution or something else that would cause them to question their beliefs. Of course, they have no problem slipping other people unsolicited tracts, but they don't want the shoe on the other foot.

I know that's why they don't allow people to do that; it just amazes me (even though it shouldn't by now) that they literally control EVERY SINGLE THING in those kids lives. My sister is roughly Jana's age and I can't imagine how she would react if someone tried to control her like that.

I know that's why they don't allow people to do that; it just amazes me (even though it shouldn't by now) that they literally control EVERY SINGLE THING in those kids lives. My sister is roughly Jana's age and I can't imagine how she would react if someone tried to control her like that.

Gothard is all about control,which is why the order of the home is Jesus, Gothard, Husband. The husband controls the home and the children. They think if you have control nothing bad will happen.

Read the link. I feel bad for the red headed girl but that kind of bullshit doesn't surprise me.

It was kind of shitty that you couldn't get a pre-purchased book signed.

Archived