IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh duggar

Thanks. I love these names you guys come up with :lol:

Josh doesn't have a real job. How can he when he was no education and work skills. He's lazy and as a Duggar runs on Duggar time. I suspect his job is for publicity.

Watch the video below! Is Jessa hiding a engagment ring? She is wearing a ring on here right hand. Why else would she try to hide it? ;)

I'm surprised no one commented on the ring on Jill's left hand in this video...it could be a purity ring, but aren't purity rings worn on the right hand?

Also, Jinger's red and black flannel, black leggings and Doc Martens remind me of Daria...especially since Daria always wore that blazer, skirt and black boots (90s animated series).

Purity rings are usually put on the left ring finger, but the Duggar girls said years ago that they move theirs around from hand to hand and even finger to finger (I've seen them on the middle finger at times), depending on various activities and/or chores.

I saw the ring on Jill's finger and attached no special meaning to it. Jessa likely has a ring back at the TTH that she's hiding until the engagement becomes "official" when aired on the show. If Jillzy is courting, they're going to stretch that out to another season, first marrying off Jessa probably late spring/early summer, then putting Jill on blast IF she is in fact courting. Jordyn could well have misunderstood what was being said. I guess time will tell...

Purity rings are usually put on the left ring finger, but the Duggar girls said years ago that they move theirs around from hand to hand and even finger to finger (I've seen them on the middle finger at times), depending on various activities and/or chores.

I saw the ring on Jill's finger and attached no special meaning to it. Jessa likely has a ring back at the TTH that she's hiding until the engagement becomes "official" when aired on the show. If Jillzy is courting, they're going to stretch that out to another season, first marrying off Jessa probably late spring/early summer, then putting Jill on blast IF she is in fact courting. Jordyn could well have misunderstood what was being said. I guess time will tell...

According to the new book, Jill's purity ring is a pearl.

According to the new book, Jill's purity ring is a pearl.

Well, there's a metaphorical visual I didn't need. So according to her idiot parents, Jill's virginity is an oyster that can be auctioned off, pried open and given away to the man who wins Jim Bob's approval.

:puke-front:

Well, there's a metaphorical visual I didn't need. So according to her idiot parents, Jill's virginity is an oyster that can be auctioned off, pried open and given away to the man who wins Jim Bob's approval.

::pushes coffee away::

appetite gone.

I doubt they even thought that far. Their metaphors tend to not make a lot of sense, like JB comparing a virigin to a new bike and a "used" girl to an old and rickety bike no one wants to ride anymore. Wtf :lol:

All these interviews Jill is really reminding me of Anna when she was a newb to TV and just constantly said "aaaand" every few words (she still does that though, doesn't she?). Jill really is the main one talking in all these interviews, we never seem to hear from Jinger or Jana, they both just stare and politely smile.

I wonder if the parents ask in advance who wants to talk so they can rehearse the talking points. That seems to me something JB would do.

I wonder if the parents ask in advance who wants to talk so they can rehearse the talking points. That seems to me something JB would do.

I'd say something akin to that happens, but the questions to be asked are either provided ahead of time by the interviewer, or the duggars say 'you can ask this'. Its also in the book somewhere that Jill enjoys public speaking a heck of a lot more than the rest.

What could Jessa's "ring" even look like? Ben is 18, working basic jobs until his big real estate sales job now. Gee, Jessa, you could have held out for a few years until he is somewhat established?

I think they plan when people have to take a shit in advance cause god forbid Boob not be in charge at all times.

As much as I am fascinated by the Duggars I just can't work up any interest in the whole "Is she or isn't she hiding an engagement ring?" The day she walks down the aisle will be the day I believe in this wedding. The situation just seems too ripe for fakery and calculation. I picture JB setting the whole thing up in an effort to manufacture interest and rubbing his hands with glee every time people ask if Jessa is engaged.

As much as I am fascinated by the Duggars I just can't work up any interest in the whole "Is she or isn't she hiding an engagement ring?" The day she walks down the aisle will be the day I believe in this wedding. The situation just seems too ripe for fakery and calculation. I picture JB setting the whole thing up in an effort to manufacture interest and rubbing his hands with glee every time people ask if Jessa is engaged.

If he is, that would be unbelievably cruel to mess with the hearts of two young people :( I really don't want to believe that because as much as a dick Jimbob can be, I don't want to believe that he could do something so cold and calculating and break his own kid's heart.

Although then again, fundies don't seem to like their kids that much. Chances are he has already beaten her from being a small child, and we know that he has taught her that her worth is tied up in her purity and the ability to produce a small army of children, brainwashed her into believing the world is evil and out to get her and forced her into putting her whole life on TV whether she wants to or not, made her spend her childhood raising her siblings....so its not like he could do much worse to her or any of his other children.

According to the book, when they "heard about the concept of purity rings" the older four girls got given rings from Michelle's jewellery box. Jana's is a sapphire surrounded by tiny diamonds, Jill's is a pearl, Jessa's is a solid gold band and Jinger's is heart shaped with a small diamond.

When JoyAnna was 12 she got a day out with JimBob and Michelle to pick her ring, then got taken to lunch where JimBob told her all about the commitment she had apparently chosen to make to God to remain pure and accountable to her parents until marriage.

If he is, that would be unbelievably cruel to mess with the hearts of two young people :( I really don't want to believe that because as much as a dick Jimbob can be, I don't want to believe that he could do something so cold and calculating and break his own kid's heart.

Although then again, fundies don't seem to like their kids that much. Chances are he has already beaten her from being a small child, and we know that he has taught her that her worth is tied up in her purity and the ability to produce a small army of children, brainwashed her into believing the world is evil and out to get her and forced her into putting her whole life on TV whether she wants to or not, made her spend her childhood raising her siblings....so its not like he could do much worse to her or any of his other children.

From what I've seen of Jim Bob and Mullet, I could believe them being that sadistic and cruel for the sake of extending their fame and padding their bank accounts. At the end of the day they are as money hungry as the Robertson's or the Kardashian's.

And JoyAnna promptly became JoylessAnna and hasn't regained her spark.

I could see JB doing this. I don't believe the courtship(dating) thing is real. It might be only for ratings and to get people talking. It was actually surprising that JB would allow one of his daughters to consider marriage since he needs them to raise their siblings. I don't think Jessa wanted this or is really into it. I think her parents forced this on her.

Why do the 'older girls' have to tell us about Joy getting the period talk? Poor Joy is probably really embarrassed to have that in the book.

Fawning local press coverage:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014 ... reds-here/

Chattanooga Times Free Press (Tennessee)

March 18, 2014 Tuesday

Gracious Duggar family inspires hundreds here

BYLINE: Kevin Hardy

It was fitting that the Faulk family was first in line.

The Rossville family has eight children, including two sets of twins.

But even their larger-than-average group was dwarfed by the size of the Duggar family, which was welcomed with rock star-like treatment at Hamilton Place mall on Monday. The Duggars, of Arkansas, have become household names thanks to TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," which has for seven seasons chronicled life with 19 children, all of whom mom Michelle, 47, has birthed naturally.

The family stopped in Chattanooga as part of a 10-day book tour promoting "Growing up Duggar," which was penned by the eldest Duggar daughters Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger (all the siblings' names start with the letter J).

The family's TLC series brings to life the most mundane events like dinner or dentist visits and shows how they can be complicated yet gracefully maneuvered by such an oversized family.

"I get a lot of ideas from them," said Jennifer Faulk, whose mom had been waiting at the Hamilton Place Barnes and Noble since 2:30 p.m. for the evening event.

But it's not just the spectacle of the prodigious family that has kept people watching. The family is deeply religious and their Christian faith plays a central role in their lives, and thus the show.

"Just the wholesomeness, they're inspiring to watch," said Nikki Brewer, of Hixson. "They have such a close family unity."

Brewer and her 13-year-old daughter have been following the Duggars since they had 14 kids. They admire how close the family is -- from the youngest (age 4) to the oldest (age 26). On Monday afternoon, they spotted an oversize RV in the parking lot of the mall and wondered if it was that of the Duggar clan. A quick search online confirmed it must be theirs.

"Here they are!" Callie screamed.

Then, Duggars started shuffling down the steps of the motor home.

"They're older than I expected," Nikki Brewer said, realizing the lag of reality TV filming and airing.

Only 17 of the family's 19 offspring were in attendance Monday, as two of the oldest had other plans.

"This is pretty good to have this many of us here," said Jim Bob before the family sang the religious song, "Standing on the Solid Rock," to the crowd of hundreds of people who snaked through the aisles of the book store.

The Duggars have become popular icons to Christians everywhere. Amidst a reality TV lineup of bickering housewives and worldly Kardashians, fans view the Duggars as examples of honorable living for families of all sizes.

After watching them for years, Dana Hanning, of Harrison, said she felt like part of the Duggar family. They are just as nice and gracious in person, she said. But most importantly, they are living examples of faith.

"It's not easy in this world, to be honest with you," Hanning said. "Most people are against the grain."

Hanning, who has one daughter, said she would "absolutely not" ever want as many children as the Duggars. But she's still inspired by the family.

"They continue to do God's work," she said. "They're living their faith, not just talking it."

Contact staff writer Kevin Hardy at khardy@timesfreepress.com or 423-757-6249.

If i had had prior warning of their arrival in Chatt i would have gone up there to look at them-or defraud them. Whichever.

The family's TLC series brings to life the most mundane events like dinner or dentist visits and shows how they can be complicated yet gracefully maneuvered by such an oversized family.

Graceful? Wow, I think the writer must be watching a different show than the one I've seen. Graceful is the last word I would use to describe their family. It sure was graceful the way JB handled Josie poopig her pants!

Archived