IGNORED

Limbaugh Calls Sandra Fluke A Slut

debrand

Is he maybe thinking of Plan B? Surely he couldn't be that stupid, could he?

Rush.jpg

My god, his picture just *screams* skeevy! I can't believe 4 sane women wanted to marry him, and some women let him tape them having sex. He's the *last* person you want to have a tape of you having sex with him. You can't deny video proof! ;)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just called three of his current advertisers on his website to protest their corporate support of his "work". I said that as a professional woman I would never use their services and that if they paid him money, they were as morally bankrupt as he is. At Lifelock, because they have 24/7 phone service, I actually talked to a real person. I don't believe she was "in the united states", but I expressed my opinions live. She kept saying, "Ma'am, ma'am.... ma'am." but I was on a roll, and didn't really care what she had to say. They had ads on his website and that was good enough for me.

A lot of advertisers have bailed, but they will be back as soon as the furor dies down.

I am older than dirt and my husband and I were saying today that we have NEVER seen such an outright attack on women as we have seen this year...from the Church, (RC), from society, from politicians. I grew up when women couldn't go to the ivys, the service academies, etc, and the bad old days have NOTHING on what is happening now.

I grew up when women couldn't go to the ivys, the service academies, etc, and the bad old days have NOTHING on what is happening now.

I agree that it's worse, mostly because women can do all those things - even if it means putting up with a ton of crap that men dish out because they're scared of competing on an even field with women - so a lot of people feel that feminism is done and we should all quit bitching.

Fuck them. I don't intend to quite bitching until we have true equality or until I'm six feet under. I fully expect the latter, especially with all the people who want to turn back the clock to fairy tale time.

Fuck them. I don't intend to quite bitching until we have true equality or until I'm six feet under.

I heart you

And I've got your back on that. I have found myself becoming much more vocal and active about women's rights. I've stopped believing that we're just fine and dandy and realize how much action has to be done on an ongoing basis to retain those rights. I may have been ambivalent before but I'm a hardcore, raging, militant and quite vocal feminist now in a way I was not before. I always considered myself a feminist, but of a reflexive, laid back sort of way. Those days of feeling like there were no more "fights to fight" is over.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to somehow channel my rage in a positive way.

I heart you

Right back at you!

And I've got your back on that. I have found myself becoming much more vocal and active about women's rights. I've stopped believing that we're just fine and dandy and realize how much action has to be done on an ongoing basis to retain those rights. I may have been ambivalent before but I'm a hardcore, raging, militant and quite vocal feminist now in a way I was not before.

What bothers me is that women still get the pat-on-the-head, what-else-do-you-girls/bitches-want attitude. Especially when it comes to things that touch on reproductive choice - there is simply not a more intimate decision, or in my opinion, more important decision. Once you have a child, every other decision you make has to take the child into account, and sometimes that means there aren't any choices other than the right one.

Yes, women have a lot more opportunities now then we did, but we're still expected to take care of everything and make everything work, and you can't do a damn thing without being judged for what you did/didn't do/should have done.

But if we speak out or show passion, then we're "too angry", "too strident", too-whatever the speaker feels we shouldn't be.

Fuck that.

I heart you

And I've got your back on that. I have found myself becoming much more vocal and active about women's rights. I've stopped believing that we're just fine and dandy and realize how much action has to be done on an ongoing basis to retain those rights. I may have been ambivalent before but I'm a hardcore, raging, militant and quite vocal feminist now in a way I was not before. I always considered myself a feminist, but of a reflexive, laid back sort of way. Those days of feeling like there were no more "fights to fight" is over.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to somehow channel my rage in a positive way.

I heart all of you-

I can't believe that 30 years later we are still talking about this. I want to go to an Ivy and could not so I went to a sister. Great education however it was one step below, because I was a women. Pissed me off. I remember protesting in front of Student Health in '74 ( yes I am old) to get them to start dispense birth control bills so we did not have to take the bus to Plan Parenthood, it took them two years to start. OH the good old days NAH

AMEN.

This :clap:

There is also the ageism that crops up when it comes to choice and contraception. I'm old, my womb is closed I should have no voice in the issue since it doesn't 'impact my life'.

I'm the parent of some of those foreign, brown children you mention. I think that's a pretty racist way to refer to my girls. And they would be shocked and hurt to hear you imply that I am not their parent. They never consider me their "parent"--Mr. Hisey and I are their parents. We discuss and honor and acknowledge their birthparents, but we are the parents who care for them now. Why invalidate that--to what purpose? It is hurtful to kids who already have been hurt.

FYI, they misbehave from time to time and I don't know if they are grateful to us or not (they certainly don't seem to be). I'm grateful to them, frankly. I'm not grateful to ugly Americans who refer to my kids by their origin ("foreign, brown") and who use language that invalidates adoption.

I agree with most everything else you wrote, though.

Edited to clarify.

I'm the parent of some of those foreign, brown children you mention. I think that's a pretty racist way to refer to my girls. And they would be shocked and hurt to hear you imply that I am not their parent. They never consider me their "parent"--Mr. Hisey and I are their parents. We discuss and honor and acknowledge their birthparents, but we are the parents who care for them now. Why invalidate that--to what purpose? It is hurtful to kids who already have been hurt.

FYI, they misbehave from time to time and I don't know if they are grateful to us or not (they certainly don't seem to be). I'm grateful to them, frankly. I'm not grateful to ugly Americans who refer to my kids by their origin ("foreign, brown") and who use language that invalidates adoption.

I agree with most everything else you wrote, though.

Edited to clarify.

I'm pretty sure Gizmola was being sarcastic.

That was definitely sarcasm by Gizmola, in reference, I think, to the idea that some (by no means all!) of these adoptive parents seem to think that they're rescuing their adopted children from lives of heathen savagery and that these kids should be nothing but grateful angels, instead of normal, regular kids. We've seen that on some of these fundy blogs, and it's a sad, sad attitude.

Same here. I've always been a quiet feminist, but no more. These assholes are getting both barrels from me. I have a voice and I intend to use it loudly.

That was total and complete sarcasm based on what I think the Republican assholes think. It was in no way meant to reflect my own views, which are diametrically opposed to what I wrote. I in no way meant to imply that I believed that adopted children are in any way "less than" and I certainly have never thought of a child from another country as "foreign brown children" - I was merely parroting what I thought the right wing nutjobs think in order to denigrate their inherent racism. I'm sorry my intent was not as obvious as I thought it was.

I agree that it's worse, mostly because women can do all those things - even if it means putting up with a ton of crap that men dish out because they're scared of competing on an even field with women - so a lot of people feel that feminism is done and we should all quit bitching.

Fuck them. I don't intend to quite bitching until we have true equality or until I'm six feet under. I fully expect the latter, especially with all the people who want to turn back the clock to fairy tale time.

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening now. Is it because it's a presidential campaign year? If so, why didn't it occur in 2008, when Hillary was running for president? Is it because there are some people who are dead-set against affordable health care that they'll do whatever to undermine it? Is it because these guys (and some women) really think women are second class? Is it because the asshats are getting old and realizing that if they don't push now, they're going to die and the world will be irreparably changed (in their minds) for the worse?

I'm so shocked by this I am almost expecting, from one day to the next, that someone is going to seriously suggest repealing the 19th amendment (although, one of my friends said it'd be the 13th amendment, you know, the one that did away with slavery in the USA). I watched the trailer from "The Handmaid's Tale" and got chills, thinking, yeah, could happen here, we've got enough nutbars who'd like this.

mirele,I'd like to know why this is happening now, also. It seems to defy common sense to attack part of your voting bloc. Many of Rush's listeners are women. They must be offended too.

I think that something is going on behind the scenes of the Republican party. This sudden emphasis against women's rights had a source somewhere. For the life of me, I can't figure out what they are gaining by these actions.

This attack on the dignity and independence of women is not just in the political spectrum or in the vulgarity of reality tv/talk radio. The traditional churches such as the Roman Catholic church, Baptist Church, etc. have become even MORE vehement that "women cannot image Christ" and the growing traditionalist movement in the RC church, for instance, is as reactionary about women's roles as any ATI fanatic.

Women of my mother's and my own generation were outspoken about claiming our rights and responsibilities. Unfortunately, I believe many younger women thought that battle was "won and done". I hope women will continue to speak out, act out, and vote out.

Michael Moore has a post: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/must- ... ndra-fluke

Or after losing 6 sponsors yesterday Rush decided he loved $ more than he loved calling women prostitutes. Musta been a tough call, eh Rush?

RT @pattonoswalt Ayn Rand would be very pleased with how the free market bitch-slapped Limbaugh today.

Rush - As soon as u started losing the big $$ from your hate speech, you caved & obeyed the men who pay u. Who's the prostitute now, bitch?

And BTW Rush, your vile & vicious attacks on me over the years - I wear them as a badge of honor. You are sad & sick & I've always pitied u.

Go Moore!

Maureen Dowd speaks up: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/opini ... .html?_r=1

Fluke was lobbying Georgetown University to change its policy for three years before she became a cause célèbre outcast when the Republican congressman Darrell Issa barred her from an all-male panel on contraception. But her conflict with her Jesuit school did not stop its president, John DeGioia, from eloquently defending his student (who ended up testifying for Nancy Pelosi’s all-Democratic panel).

“She provided a model of civil discourse,” he said in a letter to the school. “This expression of conscience was in the tradition of the deepest values we share as a people. One need not agree with her substantive position to support her right to respectful free expression.”

So, the company that Mitt Romney used to work for owns Clear Channel. I did not know that.

Interesting. I assumed Michael Moore was calling him out for working for Romney b/c he supported him on air, but that brings a whole other layer to it.

I noticed Barbara Curtis amongst the commenters. She is such a hateful, resentful woman. She makes me stabby.

Didn't see who all commented, but they are all bitter and hateful who support this. Several comments said $4 @ Target over and over. Looked up Target's $4 and guess what, my generic bc pill isn't on there for that price. Neither is the $4 or $9 Wal-Mart generic deals/month. Planned Parenthood is not close to where I live and would take 30 minutes to get there. Would rather not go that far when there are lovely pharmacy's nearby. My insurance makes my bc pills cheap. If there was bc pill for men, no one would complain. I wouldn't. Men have the right to control their health and that includes sexual. So do I as a woman. Everyone should have that right, plain and simple. Other idiot commenters said medical conditions are covered. Pregnancy IS a medical condition. You have to see doctors, it messes up your body, sometimes to the point that it's never the same. Pregnancy can kill. Modern medicine makes people forget that many women used to die in childbirth. It was not uncommon.

Coverage of the pill is not government in my womb no matter what Rush thinks. It's the opposite. It says I have the right to birth control for my reproductive health, be it for a condition or to avoid pregnancy. All are medical and all should be allowed as reasons to take the pill.

Archived