justakitten

New post on the Maxwell blog congratulating Nathan and Melanie on their 10th anniversary. The author (Steve?) makes mention of their joys and sorrows, including the loss of their first born girl. No mention of the two granddaughters, although there's a picture of the four of them. I don't know if it's just me, but after reading the post it felt very melancholy.

What stood out for me and made me laugh out loud was that they signed in as Steve(father) and Teri(mother). I assume it's because Teri could be a man's name but really Steve? LOL we know Steve isn't generally a women's name so it's just dumb to add.

I'm sure "Killjoy" is Steve's middle name. Emphasis on "kill." Close enough to "death" for me.

(edited to close quotes)

The Maxells have done similar things in the past by mentioning the deceased baby and not the other grandchildren. I also laughed what alysee mentioned.

I completely missed the post before that of Sarah telling us off! Basically she sayd "THE LORD" will decide when she gets married and she is happy and content. Sure Sarah, everyone wants to spend their 30th b-day with just their family. No friends, no boyfriend, no paying job... sounds like a blast. Only a wooden Happy 30th card from your brother to put on your desk, nice....

I completely missed the post before that of Sarah telling us off! Basically she sayd "THE LORD" will decide when she gets married and she is happy and content. Sure Sarah, everyone wants to spend their 30th b-day with just their family. No friends, no boyfriend, no paying job... sounds like a blast. Only a wooden Happy 30th card from your brother to put on your desk, nice....

Does she have any contact with people outside her immediate family? How can she meet a suitable young man? HAs she ever been on a date or been courted?

It sounds like Sarah has accepted that she won't be marrying anytime soon. I think the boy that's been sniffing around (is it John Marie?) is there for Anna not her.

What stood out for me and made me laugh out loud was that they signed in as Steve(father) and Teri(mother). I assume it's because Teri could be a man's name but really Steve? LOL we know Steve isn't generally a women's name so it's just dumb to add.

This actually made me chuckle...like any maxwell readers wouldn't know who mom and dad were (they have them MOM and DAD's CORNERS, after all).

Maybe they were worried that nathan and melanie forgot who they were...

I think they signed it that way because they are not actually Melanie's mom and dad, but they are Nathan's. They are Steve and Teri to Melanie.

The basic jist of the letter was "Happy Anniversary, your baby died, but Jesus loves you! Stay strong!"

They seem to take whatever opportunity they can to talk about death. I bet that goes over just swell at the nursing home church.

I can totally see Steve beeing disappointed that his son and his wife failed to fill their quiver.. After ten years a good fundie brood mare normally has popped out at least 7 blessings. And since we all know that Steve is the holiest of all men it must feel really wrong and like a punishment from the Lord that he has "only" 2 granddaughters.

Sarah may say "it" with her mouth, but her eyes tell a whole different story. She was raised to be a wife an Mother only. Steve dangles is high above her head, out of reach....

I believe John Marie is pre-courting Anna. I think Steve will make them wait until she is 20 or 21.

I can totally see Steve beeing disappointed that his son and his wife failed to fill their quiver.. After ten years a good fundie brood mare normally has popped out at least 7 blessings. And since we all know that Steve is the holiest of all men it must feel really wrong and like a punishment from the Lord that he has "only" 2 granddaughters.

"It" is Steve's punishment for having his balls snipped. (Yikes! What an awful picture.)

Guest Anonymous
I think they signed it that way because they are not actually Melanie's mom and dad, but they are Nathan's. They are Steve and Teri to Melanie.

Except that in the wedding report, Melanie asked if she could call Teri "Mom" as soon as she came back down the aisle. I think it was just Steve's way of making the announcement directed out to us, the real audience of the message.

They are just plain weird. They delight in everything, apparently. If you have to tell the world ten times in a few paragraphs how much you delight in this or that, I'm pretty sure you're trying to convince yourself.

I hope Melanie & Nathan's current pregnancy is their last. I hope they have just three kids who can grow up as individuals and not as part of their grandfather's cult. I hope they worship their god, not their grandfather. I hope they get a decent education and become adults with minds of their own and choices and options that have nothing to do with their parents or grandparents.

Yes, I know, that's never going to happen, but I'm damn good at wishing for what won't be, trust me.

They are just plain weird. They delight in everything, apparently. If you have to tell the world ten times in a few paragraphs how much you delight in this or that, I'm pretty sure you're trying to convince yourself.

I hope Melanie & Nathan's current pregnancy is their last. I hope they have just three kids who can grow up as individuals and not as part of their grandfather's cult. I hope they worship their god, not their grandfather. I hope they get a decent education and become adults with minds of their own and choices and options that have nothing to do with their parents or grandparents.

Yes, I know, that's never going to happen, but I'm damn good at wishing for what won't be, trust me.

Well sometimes wishes come true. I think one of the Maxwell kids will become less fundie or maybe a mainstream Christian who goes to an actual church.

It wouldn't be a (Steve) Maxwell post without some mention of death, yes? And living children, well, they evoke an emotion dangerously close to joy, so we can't have any of that, either.

Well if we count their first baby and Melanie's two miscarriages, and the current bun in the oven, there were/are actually six babies. I really think this is why fundies are so careful to mention their "babies in heaven". To show they were blessed many times, even if the babies didn't live. Also, to prove they were open to blessings, and not using birth control (shhhh).

How old is Melanie? I wonder how many children they will end up with total. It seems like both the older Maxwell sons aren't filling their quivers as quickly as other fundies. And if Steve holds off marrying the girls he could end up with a very small number of grandchildren.

How old is Melanie? I wonder how many children they will end up with total. It seems like both the older Maxwell sons aren't filling their quivers as quickly as other fundies. And if Steve holds off marrying the girls he could end up with a very small number of grandchildren.

I believe she's mid thirties. So they may end up with 3-4 children, rather than 8, 10 or more. Christopher knocked up NR-Anna within a year and I believe she is only 25, so they may end up with a boat load.

Except that in the wedding report, Melanie asked if she could call Teri "Mom" as soon as she came back down the aisle. I think it was just Steve's way of making the announcement directed out to us, the real audience of the message.

Oh, that message was TOTALLY for us! He doesn't miss a beat. We must just completely infuriate him.

Archived