IGNORED

Michael Pearl is going to be on Anderson's daytime talk.....

deelaem

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would anyone assume that bestiality is so common that you need to test your children's potential spouses for it?

Are the sheep afraid of MP?

This t-shirt comes to mind.

Back on topic, I read passages from To Train Up a Child in one of my classes. Without any background on it people were able to pinpoint it was fundamentalist Christians (and I hadn't even gotten to the parts about God!). I will never get how someone looks at a little baby and decides that they must be trained with a switch or plumbing line. The part about making your child feel like they're drowning to make the child avoid bodies of water from there on out was also charming.

I hope the pressure is kept on the Pearls. The more children are saved from this 'training' the better.

Brainsample - thank you so much for the explanation. I guess I hit a "Duh" or "WTF" moment. I just could not reconcile what I know of Christianity with what Michael Pearl spews.

Elizabeth Esther has a follow-up on what it was like to share the couch with Michael Pearl: elizabethesther.com/2011/12/sitting-on-the-couch-with-michael-pearl.html

Favorite quote:

2. Was a ‘talking-points’ memo sent out by the Pearls’ “ministry� Because all of the negative comments about the show from Pearl supporters sound suspiciously similar; ie. “Pearl wasn’t given enough time to explain his views!†What’s going on, here? Pearl has had like 15 YEARS to explain his view through his books, newsletters and website. Sure, the producers had to edit things for time–but I can tell you that when I was sitting there during the taping? Pearl had more air-time than ANYONE else.

That's great.

6450971993_e3268f61a2.jpg

HA! that is awesome, i'm totes saving it. did you make it?

HA! that is awesome, i'm totes saving it. did you make it?

I did! Glad you like it.

Here's an old one, but I was proud of it -- from when we were making things for the LOLBible thread:

6252455635_098567ae44_z.jpg

A comment on the Anderson site, from the hand-spanking couple (the blog post in the link is the same text as that in a link posted here by someone else already):

We are glad to see folks say how the show was skewed. we were the family sitting next to Rev. Pearl.

we have a blog which states FACTS not emotional twists on real, true spanking: http://biblicalspanking.blogspot.com/

Please understand that spanking is NOT abuse. It's not by any standard except for misunderstood folks with bad experiences either directly or indirectly. It's not with the State's and certainly NOT with God.

There are over 10 real, applicable scriptures that not only support spanking, but COMMAND parents if they love their children, they will spank their children.

You may or may not agree with the Bible, but it is what it is.

Many opponents of spanking often are ignorant that spanking is not the ONLY method. As I spoke on the show, Rev. Pearl's book was all about "relatioship" not spanking or physical discipline. Spanking is only one of MANY factors in lovingly training your child. That' like saying because you had only one class of history in your 12 years of schooling as a child, you are a historian.

If you administer proper training which includes spanking you will see what someone already mentioned; respectful, polite, disciplined, caring and loving people. That is fact.

Also, fyi, the ridiculous researach that most pull out of a hat to use as "statistics" against spankings are almost ALWAYS irrelivant and innacurate. They are Meta-Research or Correlational0-Base research; neither which conclude facts relevant to actual spanking results. (read our blog)

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2011/12/0 ... -instinct/

That's great.

6450971993_e3268f61a2.jpg

Well played my friend. I wish I had saved the link of the Lego Noah's Ark where the sinner in the background was having fun with his flock of sheep.

A comment on the Anderson site, from the hand-spanking couple (the blog post in the link is the same text as that in a link posted here by someone else already):

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2011/12/0 ... -instinct/

Yeah, and the guillotine was only one of many aspects of the French Revolution. The Spanish Inquisition was only one chapter in the history of Catholicism. But Doug Phillips has such a lovely family.

Does that wash away the bitter fruit and the far reaching consequences of these teachings? Like my friend who ordered a piece of raisin pie in Bolivia. It had two flies in it so he sent it back. The waiter very seriously responded by saying "But sir, there are only two files in this very large piece of pie." It all depends on what you're willing to accept as normal behavior and why. The end justifies the means.

If you want to legitimately cite research on spanking, it is not adequate. Someone must study Pearl's method specifically because it is not traditional spanking. Even they admitted themselves that they do not use the plumbing line. They need to study the plumbing line or ruler kids only.

like thew research he has done is somehow more accurate? Amazing all his research shows he is right that's astonishing.

Let's appoint him to NIH or the FDA!

Let's appoint him to NIH or the FDA!

in that event, i would definitely have to move to canada

like thew research he has done is somehow more accurate? Amazing all his research shows he is right that's astonishing.

Well, Michael has not problems interpreting things. Here's what he said in the Dr. Drew interview:

These spankings are done with very light instruments, something that cannot bruise the tissue, cannot harm the child in any way, and you know, if it were beating, then, we`d have to say that every president in the United States was beaten, because all of them up until modern times, at least, experienced corporal chastisement, and they practiced it on their own children.

Here are photos of the wounds of Lydia and Zariah Schatz:

Schatzinjuries.png

The Schatzes used Pearl's approved instrument. The "very light instruments" designed to minimize the outward signs of damage (like he's proud of it) definitely did harm these girls.

So that's an example of Pearl's research ability. Oh, yeah. I believe everything that he says.

Does anyone have this uploaded online so that those of us that missed it can watch it?

To date, the whole program is not online. EE's latest post states that she does not know if they will post the entire show or not.

I put together a blog post with Anderson's 3 clips embedded, and someone posted an additional link with part of Elizabeth's clip on facebook. I couldn't embed it but I a link to it on the blog post I did. Also in this post is an index of the previous CNN reports with Anderson and Dr. Drew concerning Pearl, and I matched the clips up with the transcripts (because the clips don't all show the complete interaction).

http://undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2011 ... rview.html

Thoughtful and Buzzard and everyone who posted over on the Anderson Cooper site,

Thanks for inspiring me to offer some comments. I was going to blow it off because the whole prospect is discouraging, but I saw all of you commenting there and felt like I wasn't alone.

It really was a good opportunity to make some good points about this mess, and frankly, I find the topic overwhelming. But all of you made it less so and helped me push through that discouragement and overwhelm. I am very grateful.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

The right treatment for parents who even think about spanking their kids would be to watch documentaries of children having survived childhood abuse for weeks and weeks, until they understand.

Thoughtful and Buzzard and everyone who posted over on the Anderson Cooper site,

Thanks for inspiring me to offer some comments. I was going to blow it off because the whole prospect is discouraging, but I saw all of you commenting there and felt like I wasn't alone.

It really was a good opportunity to make some good points about this mess, and frankly, I find the topic overwhelming. But all of you made it less so and helped me push through that discouragement and overwhelm. I am very grateful.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

I saw your new comments, and Buzzard's -- good job, both of you!

I love the fact that those of us against this, including some strangers, come at it from different angles. Pearl's supporters certainly can't accuse us (well, they can and will, but they'll look ridiculous) of all being leftist/atheist/man-crazy/lesbian/child-hating types.

And then there's the entertainment value of the site's overactive censoring program -- mentally filling the missing letters back in, it looks like there are asterisks for:

I just watched the show

promise of a good outcome

Lydia Shatz (the person must have misspelled it)

God haters hate God's ways

Makes me want to play with it. I wonder if Cooper has ever done a show about insect bites -- I'd like to post "if you rub itches, they itch more."

:D

Edited to make something clearer

I couldnt figure out what was up with the random ***!

When I realized that it must be set to ignore spaces, and realized what letters were missing from "just watched," which comes up over and over, I figured it out.

Well, Michael has not problems interpreting things. Here's what he said in the Dr. Drew interview:

Schatzinjuries.png

The Schatzes used Pearl's approved instrument. The "very light instruments" designed to minimize the outward signs of damage (like he's proud of it) definitely did harm these girls.

So that's an example of Pearl's research ability. Oh, yeah. I believe everything that he says.

Horrifying, absolutely horrifying. Those resemble the bruises that were left on my face after I was brutally mugged and beaten several years ago. I can't imagine inflicting that much violence on my own child.

(snipped because seeing them a few times was enough)

I think those pics may just be Zariah -- I vaguely remember seeing them somewhere, with the caption that they are the lesser of the injuries, and that some of Lydia's were too graphic to be shown on that site.

:(

Pearl feels nothing about these children he actually laughed when accused.

pearlchildtraining.blogspot.com/2010/03/michael-pearl-laughs-at-critics.html

Archived