IGNORED

Michael Pearl is going to be on Anderson's daytime talk.....

deelaem

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping someone from the show is following the Pearls website, so that they can understand this waves of positive Amazon reviews, MP will potentially mention are carefully orchestrated flash mobs.

I'm hoping someone from the show is following the Pearls website, so that they can understand this waves of positive Amazon reviews, MP will potentially mention are carefully orchestrated flash mobs.

I made sure to include this information in the email I sent to AC's production company. waiting for it to come on again.

I made sure to include this information in the email I sent to AC's production company. waiting for it to come on again.

Well I hope you didn't quote me my spelling suks. :cry:

Ooh it's airing on a day I can actually watch it! It airs at 4 ET for me so as long as it's not the very last segment I'm good. The preview looks promising (not that I expect anything less than amazing when AC is involved)!

Well I hope you didn't quote me my spelling suks. :cry:

No, I simply sent the text from their website about the amazon reviews, pointing out the uptick in "positive" reviews, and other nuggets of goodies. I may have mentioned FJ. I did not mention he would be cybermauled here.

I stupidly thought it was today. I want it nooooow!

The Today Show segment didn't air in the first two hours (how long does the Today Show go on, anyway? I haven't watched it in 20 years!) -- don't know if it got bumped for the Weinstein story, or is coming later.

Switched over to the channel w/Anderson . . .

Good start, rattling off the implements Pearl recommends for various ages, now going into a review of the dead children.

They discuss --

- the hair pulling (Pearl also advocates pulling the ear or pinching now!)

- he has some plumbing line -- Pearl chuckles and spanks AC, AC says it hurts, Pearl acknowledges it should be painful because it "emulates the real world"

- Pearl tells about child who thanked him for making his Mama sweet because she used to hit in anger, but now spanks without it :roll:

Elizabeth now, talking about her progress in recognizing how bad this was (crying).

She mentions "totally defeated," sitting on child, breaking the will, and how the cool, calm demeanor and citing God is so sickening -- go Elizabeth!

Pearl rattling off his usual inflated numbers . . .

He claims that the "sitting on" is for a specific two-year-old -- not true. Oops, now it's a three-year-old, and only for "100-pound mamas" who can't otherwise get a child to be still. Not true, according to the copy of the book I have.

AC is coming back to urging Elizabeth to talk about the lack of anger being sickening, and she is naming goofy reasons for whippings she's seen (not eating broccoli), and talking about having seen spankings of up to 100 lickings.

Ebil female psychologist now --

- violence begets violence

- destroys self-esteem, due to being dependent on the abuser, who is, as she puts it, using weapons

- no research in favor of this.

Pearl cites a psychologist who says it's OK. I guess ebil female psychologists are OK if they're on your side.

Psychologist talks about how children form their personality from birth to five, and how this can warp them (general) -- might behave when with the spanking parent, but depression or aggression likely to show up later.

AC -- if it works so well, how come you have to carry the plumbing line all the time?

Audience member -- were you beaten? Why not try fellowship first, not only if spanking doesn't work?

Pearl claims the spanking is only 3% of the book, late in the book -- what phenomenal bullshit! :shock:

Audience member -- have there been any repercussons? Pearl -- no.

Mike Ramsey -- DA -- re Lydia Schatz -- states that TTUAC is absolutely connected with her death. Schatz's were educated, the book was highlighted and marked. Reiterates Pearl's direction not to stop.

He says that plumbing supply line, used in "very methodical, patient swatting" killed her -- explains re kidney shutdown.

Elizabeth (crying) -- speaking for the children, describes how her church members all felt they had to do this stuff. She addressed Pearl directly, begging him to understand.

Pearl bullshits about "already abusive parents."

Ramsey explains how Pearl can't be prosecuted due to First Amendment, but he has moral responsibility.

AC plays the 911 call from Carri Williams, describes her history briefly.

AC asks Elizabeth what Pearl followers say about these deaths, and she describes how hard it is to see outside an insular group, but that, despite not having the vocabulary of the psychologist, she knew that it had to be wrong.

I love her passion and openness!

And I love that it's so easy to abbreviate what Pearl says, since mostly the same BS he always spouts, with a few extra errors that are only making him look bad!

Pearlite parents get to speak (wonder how high my blood pressure is):

- started when kids were 2, uses open hand, not implement (oops -- against Pearl's rules!)

- kid now 5 -- they don't say how often she is spanked now, just that it's less because "she really wants to please us."

More Pearl BS about "the book is really about training, spanking is only one element"

Pearl hanging himself with his "it's just like training an animal" (that got a gasp from the audience), "it's about getting them to submit to your will" BS.

Audience member says it's disgusting that people use this book like a bible

Audience member -- has special needs child, can't imagine hitting her

AC -- compares to assault on an adult

Pearl BS about emulating the real world, 90% of parents do it because it's a natural instinct, "it's nurturing."

Psychologist says comparison to animals is sometimes valid in psychology, and that it is well known that animals never spank their offspring.

I love her! :D

In general, they made Pearl look really bad. I'm sure his followers will scream that he was not allowed to speak, interrupted, blah blah blah persecution.

But, for any normal viewers who were not already aware of this, it looked like a good introduction to the idea that there is such a thing as TTUAC, church communities who are completely caught up in it, and how horrible it is.

I hope so -- I may not be a good judge, since I'm already so caught up in fighting this shit.

And apparently it was purple shirt day, regardless of which side of this argument one was on. :lol:

Hope my sort of "live blogging" it here wasn't too annoying -- I needed to do something besides just watch and wipe my eyes.

thoughtful - THANK YOU for the live blogging. I hope to catch this later with the on-demand video, but I'll bet your account is fairly accurate.

Check out this commentary from the Foxes who were on the show as Pearl defenders: http://www.christianpost.com/news/to-sp ... ies-63208/

You'll notice that they also cite the Christian Domestic Discipline crowd in support of why "spanking" isn't bad :roll:

Maybe we could get AC to follow up with them on that. If so, TTUAC + Christian Domestic Discipline would be a knock-out punch for the Pearls in the public's eye

I get so tired of this shit. These people accept inivitations to state their view/philosophy in a public forum to present their side of things. Then when it turns out that the audience isn't full of like-minded sheep and they're faced with some challenging questions or comments, it's all "PERSECUTION!!! WE WERE SET UP!!"

If you're that distressed when someone challenges or disagrees with your beliefs, then maybe you need to re-evaluate said beliefs.

I found it very telling just how much Pearl doesn't care about these children when Elizabeth was in tears, begging him to see that his teachings were causing children to die, and he showed no reaction at all. If there was any emotion registering on his face at all, it was irritation. And then of course the BS starts flowing from his mouth again.

Is it on the same show with the hoarder? I have to go to yoga (well, I don't have to, haha) in 15 minutes and he hasn't gotten to Pearl yet. :(

Elizabeth Esther's blog post about the show and her appearance on it. Sorry if someone already posted it!

elizabethesther.com/2011/12/my-thoughts-on-anderson-show-airing-tomorrow-speaking-imperfectly-is-better-than-remaining-silent-nomoredeadkids.html

I found it very telling just how much Pearl doesn't care about these children when Elizabeth was in tears, begging him to see that his teachings were causing children to die, and he showed no reaction at all. If there was any emotion registering on his face at all, it was irritation. And then of course the BS starts flowing from his mouth again.

I guess that is better then when he laughed. I am sure this show did not change his followers minds.

Archived