IGNORED

Michael Pearl is going to be on Anderson's daytime talk.....

deelaem

He has most of the symptoms of a sociopath.

that was my thoughts EXACTLY, even before this interview when i was reading about him on a blog that one of the members of this site did [sorry, i can't remember who] i'm like, "this guy needs to be institutionalized and given serious help."

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was my thoughts EXACTLY, even before this interview when i was reading about him on a blog that one of the members of this site did [sorry, i can't remember who] i'm like, "this guy needs to be institutionalized and given serious help."

As thoughtful noted thoughtfully and a friend of mine noted to me over the phone, Pearl just sat there like a stone and showed no emotion. I thought he looked a bit dissociative when Ramsey addressed him. That could be just from the whole idea of being challenged on a talk show, but I would bet that he's dissociated quite often. A bit of a Nazi Doctor "splitting." It's that cold and calculated stance. Dead empathy. This is a guy who demonstrates a milieu of love and trust with his children? He's not a bit moved by the suffering of these children?

I am watching it now and I am very impressed with Anderson, the audience, Elizabeth, and the prosecutor. Pearl ends up looking like a total evil asshole (not to mention right out of Deliverance). He comes across as the embodiment of evil, which is a good thing.

I loved that the prosecutor talked right over him when he said "bring it". He looked absolutely foolish.

Did my part on the Anderson thread, including warning people what a whackjob (religious isolationist, children not legally married, etc) Pearl is. If we're talking about the character of the adult who has gotten "whuppins...that's what we call 'em in the South" like Mikey, look how he turned out and run the other direction.

I added my two cents.

I am watching it now and I am very impressed with Anderson, the audience, Elizabeth, and the prosecutor. Pearl ends up looking like a total evil asshole (not to mention right out of Deliverance). He comes across as the embodiment of evil, which is a good thing.

I loved that the prosecutor talked right over him when he said "bring it". He looked absolutely foolish.

Makes me wonder if he had a "Sudden aggressive outburst" to reassert his manhood when he got home.

:?

I'm Anderson went after him like he did and I am really glad that the audience showed their disapproval.

I added my two cents.

I did too. I suggested that they get someone like Philip Zimbardo on when the do an update, and they need to put Hermana Linda on, too (Whynottrainachild.com).

I'm beginning to think that they called the mayor of Baltimore to get all of those dead voters who vote in the big elections to sign up and post comments over there on Anderson's site. Oh wait. The dead ones are all Democrats! :mrgreen:

. . .and I am really glad that the audience showed their disapproval.

That was tremendously satisfying to see.

Another thought I had -- they couldn't even get a person on the show who used the tubing. Isn't it interesting that the young mom said that they used their hands and not an implement because they could gauge how hard they were spanking.

Hmm. There were plenty of people who wanted to continue with that rationale (which is a good one). But they didn't have time to point out that even the pro-Pearl couple didn't use the plumbing line. They didn't say that they were disturbed by it though, subterfuge and avoidance of actually coming out to say that even they were not comfortable using the plumbing line.

Precisely. I mean, when you screw up at work, is it likely that your boss will come up and hit you? Of course not (hopefully!). You'll have a real world consequence like a write-up, a demotion, or termination.

What does hitting have to do with the "real world"?

I'm thinking that Pearl's version of the Real World isn't like our version, since we are all contributing members of society and not adult children who are still under daddy's thumb.

I just tuned in, and I must agree. It really brings out those smokin' eyes. :romance-hearteyes:

Look, I just sat through watching a sociopath tell me that beating prepares children for real world situations. Case in point: Back away from Anderson, now. He has one boo, and it is ME. I have no issue taking plumbing line to anyone who gets in the way of my fantasy world, just like the Pearls.

Joking aside, I was absolutely pleased with the way AC and the non-spanking/non-Pearl wanking psychiatrist dealt with MP. If the audience is a slice of America, most people do not think this is ok, and TTUC will get the worldwide derision it so richly deserves.

I posted a comment but cant figure out how to "thumbs down" all of the leg humpers.

Just click on the thumb. I've been doing my duty; looks like the Pearl Army has been out en-masse with the "thumbs."

Which one of you is "GeekyGranny?" Great posts!

Yeah, that was the problem. All better!

I was still persecuted, though.

oh but persecution is GOOD! it means that you are better and more holy. :roll:

Good point, Brainsample. When I mess up at work my boss doesn't hit me, but there are other consequences that start out small and increase with severity if the offense is repeated.

This.

On what planet does failing to obey instantly, getting no opportunity to speak for yourself, and not keeping a smile on your face result in a whipping at work?

I've had a few mean bosses, but never one that mean!

Precisely. I mean, when you screw up at work, is it likely that your boss will come up and hit you? Of course not (hopefully!). You'll have a real world consequence like a write-up, a demotion, or termination.

What does hitting have to do with the "real world"?

Well, some of his adult children have worked for him. Maybe, for them it still does. :think:

Not to mention that the audience members likely have children that are functional members of society while Pearl's kids are a bunch of sorry losers.

Haven't you read the Amazon reviews? Pearl's children are all paragons. :roll:

I so wanted AC to offer Pearl a little training and have 3 big guys with plumbing pipe hold him down and "spank" him!

Something tells me Mikey would get so hard if that happened he'd have to pray away the gay for a month!

I saw this earlier this afternoon. Most of you have brought up very salient points from the show. One thing that chilled me to my very marrow was the 911 call. This woman sounded so detached from the child's suffering. It was like she was ordering some Chinese food.

Her lack of emotion was bone chilling for sure. I just can't fathom how someone could detatch themself so much that seeing a child, especially their own child, lying dead on the ground wouldn't have them so distraught that the 911 operator would have trouble understanding them.

Archived