IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

Congratulations Michelle. You may have signed your death warrant.

Seriously, what are the chances (if this pregnancy reaches viability) that the baby will have Down's or be another micro-preemie requiring millions of dollars in taxpayer-funded care?

Also, clearly no courtships for the adult daughters anytime soon.

Idiots!

God did send her a huge flashing light -- Josie.

Edited for typos.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but I'm generally happy for the Duggars. My only problem with Michelle Duggar and her fertility is that she appears to let her oldest girls raise the children instead of being a hands on mother. I really don't care if a family has none, one, or as many children as they wish as long as they aren't using tax payer money to do so and expecting to get a bigger government check with each child. I do wonder if a very small part of Michelle's brain is thinking, "Yeah, take that Kelly Bates." :D

I don't agree! This couple has no regard for life, their lives and the lives of their existing children. There is a tipping poing in every family and I think this might be it for the Duggars. They have been very lucky that no one besides Josie has been sick. If one runs away and finds a place to live, I think others will follow. This narcissistic vision of a perfect family is just that, a vision and just what they want us to see.

Did you notice the part where JB said, "All the little ones were dancing around, etc..." What about the older ones?

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but I'm generally happy for the Duggars. My only problem with Michelle Duggar and her fertility is that she appears to let her oldest girls raise the children instead of being a hands on mother. I really don't care if a family has none, one, or as many children as they wish as long as they aren't using tax payer money to do so and expecting to get a bigger government check with each child. I do wonder if a very small part of Michelle's brain is thinking, "Yeah, take that Kelly Bates." :D

Why are you happy for another child when it is just going to cause the current children to receive even less attention than they already do. That one poor child born before Josie barely seems to view Michelle as her mother she has been ignored so much.

Did I miss it? Because I'm just hearing Bill Clinton talking good sense on TV.

Someone give that man an extra term.

Yeah, I tuned in and they were talking to a Jackson about the murder case, and then a Cain accuser, and then where in the world is Matt Lauer....was it before all that???

How can you be happy for them? Seriously. They have stolen their 4 oldest daughters' lives in service to this Atwoodian nightmare, produced 19 undereducated and underprepared children, and lied about the nature of their deranged spiritual beliefs to America.

Well, after all, she is on a mission from God.

I wonder what sex is like there? I wonder if they schedule it on the calender and if it is a mechanical act?

:whistle: :eusa-violin: Every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is good. Every sperm is needed in the Duggar neighborhood.

Every sperm is useful. Every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate! :eusa-violin: :whistle:

Yeah, I tuned in and they were talking to a Jackson about the murder case, and then a Cain accuser, and then where in the world is Matt Lauer....was it before all that???

It's after all of that. You must be in a different time zone. Today started at 7:00am EST and Duggars were on around 8:10am EST.

I'm CST. So I guess I'm about to see the nauseating news right now.

I may turn the TV off and play with my new Second Life avatar instead.

Reaction from a friend's FB feed....

Maybe she got the memo about how awesome people with DS are and she is really trying to have one of her own. I am not saying that sarcastically at all

It is a sad, sad thing to happen to all of those sweet and innocent children who may not be physically perfect but who would bring that family so many blessings. So a little piece of me hopes that they are blessed with a child who has 47 chromosomes so that their viewers will be able to witness through TV the joy and beauty of our special needs community.

Dang, I was really hoping for a courtship not a baby. :( For the child's sake (not that I would wish any child to be born into that family) I hope he/she makes it much further than along into the pregnancy than Josie was. And since She has to have a planned C-section, hopefully they will find a justifiable way to take her uterus or tie her tubes.... :shhh: (come on doctors, bet you can find a reason)

Ugh. I have a die-hard atheist crunchy homeschool Canadian mom on my friends list who LOVES the Duggars. She and all her friends are so happy. I am sitting on my fingers so I won't type something nasty to her.

Reaction from a friend's FB feed....

Maybe she got the memo about how awesome people with DS are and she is really trying to have one of her own. I am not saying that sarcastically at all

It is a sad, sad thing to happen to all of those sweet and innocent children who may not be physically perfect but who would bring that family so many blessings. So a little piece of me hopes that they are blessed with a child who has 47 chromosomes so that their viewers will be able to witness through TV the joy and beauty of our special needs community.

I personally really worry about two people as narcissistic as J-Boob and J-chelle having special needs kids though. It takes an especially giving, flexible person to appreciate the joys of special needs kids and to give them the love and support they need, and I am not sure the assembly line method JB & Michelle have going would work so well with a special needs child. Just look at their many, many missteps with Josie and her care - imagine a child with long-term special needs...

Comments on the Today site seem mostly disapproving:

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... ussion_nav

I'm reading through some of those. As usual there are some Duggar supporters chimning in.

JohnC-1782256

If they can afford to take care of it, it's no one else's place to judge. I don't get it, but live and let live.

Comment author avatartllup

Not something I would do but they are financially independent and are supportive of each other so its really their decision.

I think the whole "they can support the kids" defense is lame. The Duggars wouldn't be able to support those kids without TLC right now. In the past I saw comments about the Duggars being good people who don't take government assistance. The Duggars aren't any better than people on government assistance. Years before TLC stepped in, people were giving food and clothing donations.

There are a lot more comments on People.com and most are disapproving and some mention ATI and Gothard.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... qus_thread

Dang, I was really hoping for a courtship not a baby. :( For the child's sake (not that I would wish any child to be born into that family) I hope he/she makes it much further than along into the pregnancy than Josie was. And since She has to have a planned C-section, hopefully they will find a justifiable way to take her uterus or tie her tubes.... :shhh: (come on doctors, bet you can find a reason)

I actually have to object here - as someone who has known women whose uteri were forcibly taken (in once instance, a doctor lying to her about cancer because he didn't agree with her reproductive choices), I cannot think of any more terrible thing to do to anyone. While I forcefully disagree with the reproductive choices the Duggars have made/are making, yet grateful for my own reproductive freedom to make the opposite life choices, I would never advocate forcible sterilization of anyone.

I tried so hard to stay up and watch but I dozed and missed it. Just barely missed it sounds like. Anyway, it's best I did sleep through it because I had told the kid this morning that I may put the remote control through the tv if that cow claimed another pregnancy. Lol.

Last night I was telling the old man about the planned announcement and he said basically that they must need a child to come directly out of the womb and die right there in front of their eyes before they "get it". Sadly, I don't even think that will stop them. Fucking assholes.

Chance of Down Syndrome with conception at age 45: 1 in 30

Chance of any trisomy: 1 in 21

I would not wish the Duggar family on any special needs child.

And the "they don't take special assistance" argument is dumb. A lot of people are out of work need special assistance these days. There is no shame in it--just a lot of crazy stereotypes about evil single moms on the dole. One or more of their 20 children may end up on assistance at one point in their lives.

WTF to hear statement about being willing to lay down her life.

Making a heart-breaking decision when a pregnancy is approaching viability is one thing, but who the hell lays down their life for a sperm? Birth control exists. If the pill or IUD aren't options, perhaps a big V, condom or spermacide could be.

Is any media outlet going to track down the mystery doctor who claimed that this was a healthy choice to make, or get a panel to weigh in? I'm having a hard time with the medical misinformation that they are spewing. Going on an elliptical and eating right are fine if your goal is a healthy weight, but they don't heal a scarred uterus, nor do they make your eggs any younger.

I personally really worry about two people as narcissistic as J-Boob and J-chelle having special needs kids though. It takes an especially giving, flexible person to appreciate the joys of special needs kids and to give them the love and support they need, and I am not sure the assembly line method JB & Michelle have going would work so well with a special needs child. Just look at their many, many missteps with Josie and her care - imagine a child with long-term special needs...

I agree Boob and Mullet wouldn't cope properly with a special needs child. My boyfriend's mom is a occupational therapist and she has occasionally works with special needs children and she has said parents need to be fully involved and take advice of doctors and therapists. I don't see Boob and Mullet doing stuff like that. With Josie being sick in Israel, it shows that Boob and Mullet are likely ignoring some of the advice doctors are giving them.

I don't know whether Josie gets SSI, but I'd bet that Medicaid paid for her hospital stay. Even if the fundie insurance pool they belong to could have absorbed some of the cost of Josie's care, I don't think there's any way that pool can fund the cost of a second catastrophic loss.

Chance of Down Syndrome with conception at age 45: 1 in 30

Chance of any trisomy: 1 in 21

They would be lauded as martyrs in the culture war, and then Michelle could write another book about special needs babies.

Archived