IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the video on the People article.

I have a friend from grad school who was in remission for several years before her cancer came back this summer. She just announced this weekend that she is terminal. The cancer has metastasized too far and there is nothing more that can be done. Out of all the things that she is worried about, she is heartsick over the fact that she will leave her three-year-old son motherless. She wants to keep her quality of life high enough so that she can spend her remaining months having happy times with her husband and son. Her sister is organizing a project to put together a book of pictures and stories about her that her son can keep.

And here comes Michelle saying that she's willing to die for a child that isn't here yet. She's not just accepting of the possibility--she seems positively giddy about it. She has absolutely no regard for the 19 children who could be left motherless because of her constant risking of her own life.

Sanctitiy of life MY ASS.

Really sorry, GeoBQn.

Well, this makes for another 2-hour- special and a 10th season. B-A-R-F.

Question. WHY is the American public so easily tricked by christianity? As in, all they go is great? If you don't believe me, check out youtube comments.

Secnond question. Why do all reporters ask Michelle how she does it and know one seems to catch up on the fact there are about 8 "parents" involved?

I don't think it's Christianity so much as it is the fact that the Duggars appear perfect. Our society has an obsession with perfection and many people believe they must always appear perfect to outsiders, no matter how imperfect reality is. It's the same way a woman will look at an airbrushed, photoshopped model in a magazine and even though she logically knows that it's impossible for anyone to actually look like that, she still feels inadequate because she doesn't measure up to the perfect ideal. I think it's a similar thing with the Duggars. They seem perfect, so people believe that by emulating them, they will come closer to perfection themselves. I do think Christianity is a part of that perfect image and as others have said, I don't think people would be nearly as excited about the Duggars if they were devout Muslims or in some other way "different." But I think most of the Duggar fans are more impressed by the shining happy faces and the well behaved children.

I have a friend from grad school who was in remission for several years before her cancer came back this summer. She just announced this weekend that she is terminal. The cancer has metastasized too far and there is nothing more that can be done. Out of all the things that she is worried about, she is heartsick over the fact that she will leave her three-year-old son motherless. She wants to keep her quality of life high enough so that she can spend her remaining months having happy times with her husband and son. Her sister is organizing a project to put together a book of pictures and stories about her that her son can keep.

And here comes Michelle saying that she's willing to die for a child that isn't here yet. She's not just accepting of the possibility--she seems positively giddy about it. She has absolutely no regard for the 19 children who could be left motherless because of her constant risking of her own life.

I'm sorry about your friend.

I watched that video too and was also appalled. I have two little ones (one with special needs - does Josie still have special needs? I assume so). My greatest fear aside from losing one of them would be that I die while they are still young and need so much attention. It makes me sick to even think about it and yet Michelle seems like she'd be thrilled to be some kind of martyr to fertility. Sick.

I'm really sorry about your friend.

Wow! I really thought she was done this time by now! It seems like her and The Bates are in competition!

I'm kind of hoping Kelly ties them at 20 because it will still piss of Boob and Mullet.

Did you hear Anna say, "We hope to follow them shortly!" Really!??!?!?!?

Yessss....made me wonder if she already suspects she's knocked up.

I watched that video too and was also appalled. I have two little ones (one with special needs - does Josie still have special needs? I assume so). My greatest fear aside from losing one of them would be that I die while they are still young and need so much attention. It makes me sick to even think about it and yet Michelle seems like she'd be thrilled to be some kind of martyr to fertility. Sick.

I'm really sorry about your friend.

Josie has suffered health issues recently. She could have special needs later on. I hope she is ok, because the Duggars are pretty ignorant about certain health problems and disabilities.

If I could make Michelle spend time with certain people, I would make her spend time with people like Susan Tom and Jim and Ann Silcock.

Heh. I saw the announcement on Eonline this morning and hopped right over here to read all the rants.

Seriously though, I am shocked and disgusted that they're foolish enough to have yet another baby. I assumed that Josie's situation would have been a huge wake-up call that it's time to close up shop on the babymaking, but apparently they're just that lacking in common sense. I don't understand or agree with the Quiverfull mindset to begin with, but this is just crazy and sad.

Yessss....made me wonder if she already suspects she's knocked up.

That could be happening or maybe Josh is hoping that she will have a baby in 2012.

The more kids they pop out, the higher the chances are that Smuggar gets a spin-off. Not like the J-slaves are going to be having babies anytime soon.

That could be happening or maybe Josh is hoping that she will have a baby in 2012.

Oh please NO, NOT more pictures of mom and daughter-in-law pregnant at the same time... the squicky... it burns!!!

Anna's probably definitely already knocked up. She first said "We hope to catch up--- follow up to them shortly!" She quickly changed it from catch up to follow up. Catch up most likely implies that she is already pregnant and is just not announcing it yet to not steal Michelle's thunder.

Guest Anonymous

I read somewhere that Josie did not receive any state aid during her time in the NICU. Their insurance covered most of it and they paid for the rest out of pocket. Not defending their decision to have another, but I also don't like it when people are accused of being on welfare or getting government aid when they haven't. In this case, Josie did not cost the state of Arkansas anything.

Anna's probably definitely already knocked up. She first said "We hope to catch up--- follow up to them shortly!" She quickly changed it from catch up to follow up. Catch up most likely implies that she is already pregnant and is just not announcing it yet to not steal Michelle's thunder.

She probably wouldn't want to steal Michelle's thunder for awhile. If she is pregnant, she and Josh probably agreed to delay announcing her pregnancy for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if a month from now there is an announcement of Anna being pregnant.

I read somewhere that Josie did not receive any state aid during her time in the NICU. Their insurance covered most of it and they paid for the rest out of pocket. Not defending their decision to have another, but I also don't like it when people are accused of being on welfare or getting government aid when they haven't. In this case, Josie did not cost the state of Arkansas anything.

Josie was still cared for at a state funded hospital (UAMS)

I think I'm speechless. I just can't believe a woman her age can still conceive naturally. It boggles the mind!

Right now some posters on twop are theorizing that Michelle underwent IVF or took fertility drugs for number 20. Those are possibilities.

She did NOT :shock:

Weren't we recently going off about how she was miserable about her life? I don't think she is anymore. Maybe she now feels the baby-making contest. Or it's about the whole spin-off thing. How many kids would she need for that? 4? 5?

Not defending their decision to have another, but I also don't like it when people are accused of being on welfare or getting government aid when they haven't. In this case, Josie did not cost the state of Arkansas anything.

Given the title of the show and the fact that Josie's crisis no doubt spiked an interest in it, I suspect TLC picked up anything private insurance didn't.

Which is not to say Josie won't end up a burden on the state someday. There is really no way of telling what sort of challenges or disabilities she might face as an adult, and an estate split 20 ways isn't likely to make any of these kids independently wealthy, even assuming JB has invested well.

Speaking of challenges, and I don't mean this in a snarky way, but can poor Jennifer talk? She has to be well past her 4th birthday now and Hannie was doing talking heads at that age.

Archived