IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

I fear for Josie, and this baby is he/she has any issues or disabilities. After my son was born with all his disabilities and special needs, I chose not to have any more children even though I had always wanted 3 or 4, because I knew what kind of time and attention he was going to need throughout his life. I didn't think it was fair to another child to always have to play second fiddle because Brady's needs are always going to have to come first, and I didn't think it was fair to Brady to have my time/resources/attention divided because he needs to much from me.

This is purely selfishness on their part.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF to hear statement about being willing to lay down her life.

Making a heart-breaking decision when a pregnancy is approaching viability is one thing, but who the hell lays down their life for a sperm? Birth control exists. If the pill or IUD aren't options, perhaps a big V, condom or spermacide could be.

Is any media outlet going to track down the mystery doctor who claimed that this was a healthy choice to make, or get a panel to weigh in? I'm having a hard time with the medical misinformation that they are spewing. Going on an elliptical and eating right are fine if your goal is a healthy weight, but they don't heal a scarred uterus, nor do they make your eggs any younger.

I don't think the media will ever track down and talk to Michelle's current doctor. I think maybe a medical panel should go on TV and discuss the risks for Michelle. But even if that happened, Duggar fans would still turn a blind eye. I once argued with a Duggar fan on another site when I mentioned that Michelle should stop having kids because of the risks involved for 40-something year old women being pregnant. This fan said that the risks are just IFS and that Michelle shouldn't worry too much. This Duggar fan also told me that the Duggars can provide for a special needs child because of the show and their books. Of course, the risks are IFS, but a family like the Duggars could end up in debt if they had a special needs child. The Duggars' books got decent sales numbers but they probably didn't make huge money off the books. The Duggars are probably some of the lowest paid reality stars. There was a poster here recently who knows the reality TV business well and she said that the Duggars probably aren't making a lot of money because the ratings aren't huge.

Some Duggar fans probably think the Duggars are extremely wealthy, but they aren't. If the Duggars had a special needs child in addition to the other kids they have they could find themselves in financial struggles easily. TLC isn't going to be around forever.

I wish both Michelle and the baby a healthy pregnancy ... But i can't help feeling for the Older girls and especially Joyanna. Another baby to keep em busy. :?

I wonder who his future "buddy" will be.

I guess if the baby is not ill, it will be Joys time for a howler monkey :evil:

On the upside, at least Joy had some stylish suede boots on. I had a pair just like that when I was her age and I loved them.

What...the...fuck.

So, let me get this straight: A family, like the Duggars, who have 19 children, get blessed with number 20, yet God won't bless a couple, who may not be as conservative as the Duggars but are still good people, with a child?

Makes sense.

I don't know whether Josie gets SSI, but I'd bet that Medicaid paid for her hospital stay. Even if the fundie insurance pool they belong to could have absorbed some of the cost of Josie's care, I don't think there's any way that pool can fund the cost of a second catastrophic loss.

I think it was recently confirmed that the Duggars aren't apart of a fundie insurance pool/Christian health share plan. I think it was mentioned in one of the books that Boob bought health insurance for the family.

I think part of Josie's medical bills were probably paid for by TLC, if the insurance didn't cover everything.

Right now on people.com, the Duggars fans are showing up again with their whole defense about the Duggars not being on government assitance. As I have said before the Duggars aren't any better than people on welfare or food stamps. I guess the fans won't acknowledge the fact that the Duggas used to get food and clothing donations.

I found another annoying comment

Sarah Martin [Moderator] 0 minutes ago

I think its interesting how hateful some people are regarding this news. Jim Bob and Michelle are happily married. She isn't having 20 babies by 20 different men. They aren't on welfare. All of their children seem smart, educated, respectful and delightful. They all look fed, clothed and loved. I say good for them! Congratulations to their family!

I wouldn't label the Duggar kids as educated. So far none of the older kids have received an associate or bachelor's degree and the younger kids are being educated poorly by Michelle and the girls. I'm not bashing homeschoolers in general, because I know people who homeschooled their children well. But the Duggar method of homeschooling is crappy. Kelly Bates probably does a better job than Mullet.

Ok, are you the person who posted about the J slaves? Cause if not, another Fjer commented!

Not me. I tried to post a comment, but I think it disappeared.

Hey. The server hiccuped for a moment. So many people logging in.

:lol:

What a dumb-ass thing to do. I certainly wouldn't do it, but good luck. Based on the past pregnancy and her age she's going to need luck or divine intervention.

Wonder if I can place odds at Vegas? (I'm sure I can they will allow almost anything).

Odds for;

Healthy baby ?

Normal length of pregnancy ?

Complications of pregnancy ?

Do we know the sex? I hope it's a girl, otherwise the baby will be really lonely being 8 years younger than the next youngest boy. Interesting how they have almost always had the kids in 'batches' of one sex, except Joy-Anna.

Not me. I tried to post a comment, but I think it disappeared.

I didn't post that comment. I used to post comments on articles in the past, but now I don't care to anymore. I do have fun reading some of the pro-Duggar comments that always pop up. I laugh at the people who think that the Duggars are perfect and nothing is wrong in their world. Some of the people who make pro Duggar comments aren't aware of Gothard or ATI. There are some comments on people.com which I think might have been made by FJers because Gothard/ATI are mentioned.

Another annoying pro duggar comment from people.com

You know who This is 1 minute ago

As long as they have the means to take care of their children financially, emotionally and mentally, then I don't think there's anything wrong with them continuing to have children.

Another annoying pro duggar comment from people.com

In reality, of course, that's an anti-Duggar comment, it's just that the commenter doesn't realise it.

WEll at least we know the show is not stopping for another year!

I don't think it's a backlash, I think it's the same people who always thought it was crazy. Seriously I don't see a difference between 19 amd 20. I think She came across as a person who can'T control herself. She HAS to have another baby.

In any case, as long as the TVs are rolling we know some stuff are getting take care of. Now marry those older kids! :P

My favorite twop posts on the announcement

DQ has no responsibilities aside from having sex with the Boob and incubating children. Oh, and nursing them.

I can't believe we never even see her holding Josie any more. Jana always has her, because Jana is Josie's real mother.

Wonder which J'slave will get to buddy this one? My bets on poor, sad, Joyless Joyanna. That poor girl looks so miserable these days, and saddle her with a kid to raise at age 14...what a plan.

I'm not usually so much of a hater, but I have to wonder if this wasn't motivated primarily by

1. Avoiding cancellation of the show

2. To maintain their RockStar stats amongst the Quiver-fulls

3. To stick it to the Bates'

4. All of the above.

WEll at least we know the show is not stopping for another year!

I don't think it's a backlash, I think it's the same people who always thought it was crazy. Seriously I don't see a difference between 19 amd 20. I think She came across as a person who can'T control herself. She HAS to have another baby.

In any case, as long as the TVs are rolling we know some stuff are getting take care of. Now marry those older kids! :P

I agree it is probably some of the same people who have thought the Duggars crazy but on people.com there were a few posts from people who said they liked the Duggars but they think Michelle should have stopped after Josie. I think there are some people who are started to get annoyed with the Duggars.

I wish some of the older girls would get married that way they would at least be out of the house and would get a break from caring for younger siblings. Now I think Boob will further delay marrying Jill or Jana off unless he wants Jinger, Jessa and Joy to take over a bit more.

They really have a John/prostitute relationship with TLC don't they?

TLC is the John, paying them to have sex and procreate.....

I can't even formulate a proper response! AAACCCKKKKK!!!!

The competition with the Bates is not going to end well. Wasn't Josie's birth trauma enough? I hope someone exposes an octa-mom worthy fertility doctor, but I doubt that will happen. I feel for the older girls--stuck. Just stuck. I'm sure they are ALL spitting nails at their parents stupidity and selfishness. Guess the show WILL GO ON for sure now. Sickening.

I don't think the media will ever track down and talk to Michelle's current doctor.

HIPPA law will not permit it. A doctor could lose their license to practice if they did. They'd have to do some kind of joint interview with the Duggars sitting right there with the doctor, essentially, to make sure the info shared was with the full consent of the Duggars.

Earlier, someone wrote a comment about their pre-announcement hopes that it would be about someone starting a courtship.

That was like a knife through my heart that still aches for the girls who are tethered to the home to help raise the little ones.

Oh nooo!!! And I thought my day couldn't get worse, but with JB and the Juterus it's always possible. I really hope for a healthy pregnancy, because the J'slaves can handle no more than they already have. Imagine the trauma of the little ones if their mother would die pregnant.

Damn fertility. Another Smuggar baby would have been much better.

I think this is the best twop from this morning.

I hope this big "announcement" will be a wake-up call to all the kids. The older girls plus Joy need to realize that unless they make a break for it, they will be in involuntary servitude to their parents for the rest of their lives, raising children that aren't theirs, being caretakers for Jim Bob and Michelle in their dotage, and possibly permanent "buddies" to Josie and J-20 if he/she has similar problems. JD and Joseph need to realize that they will never be the independent, hardworking men they (presumably) want to be if they are yoked to the Duggar dog and pony show. The seemingly non-conforming middle kids - Joy, Josiah, Jed/Jer - need to see that the roads that are open to them in the QF lifestyle are narrow and limiting. The children under twelve need to realize that they have no mother. The woman who gave birth to them might as well be a crazy religious aunt, because she does nothing that a mother ought to do. Grandma Mary needs to cut her ties with her son and spend her "Golden Year" relaxing and not doing chores for her son. Everyone in that household need to run, crawl, or toddle as fast as their can from Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

I agree with this person, Mary should go out on do her own thing and not offer help to Boob and Mullet.

I think JD and Joseph have what it takes to make it on their own. Both seem like hard workers unlike Josh.

I posted an article about it on FB, and I got two responses making fun of/decrying the Duggars for having #20 when they can't even devote proper time to the ones they already have by assigning them right off to an older siblings. Then I got a friend who said, "How Exciting! Congrats!"

I'm replying to my sane friends while simultaneously trying to point out WHY I don't think the Duggars should be having another kid. (special needs, higher risk of complications, lousy parenting...)

Seriously, someone please give Jchelle a secret hysterectomy after her C-section in April...

And would it be too crass to wonder aloud about whether this one will end in a miscarriage/be a child with Downs syndrome?

OH NO another trainwreck waiting to happen!!!!! I can't believe that they found an OB/GYN who would take over care of her, with all her issues with the last one, this is a malpractice suit waiting to happen.

I pity the J-slaves, they aren't going anywhere soon.

Archived