IGNORED

Lina Jumps Ship Again

chemist1217

Angri-La:

I read the above sentence and thought, "I wonder where a person would get a light up kilt?" :oops:

That will work since I play the bagpipes!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the simple days of Emily. The crazy who brought so many of us together. Now that was someone to talk about, Lina. And yes, it was perfectly lovely of Gizmola to do. Emily sold it on craigslist, right? Well, maybe there was more than dollar store tube meat for a week or 2!

CPS doesn't take kids away unless they are being horridly abused; they want kids to stay with their parents if at all possible. The foster care system is overwhelmed, and, as most kids in the foster care system are not healthy white infants, adoptions are not as common as they should be. My girl was in and out of her bio-mom's house, because they kept trying to foster her and the "mother". It was only after 2 years and some nasty abuse that she was taken away permanently, and given to me. I've fostered plenty of littles myself, and many of them, taken away from very young, very bad parents, were returned. Parenting classes, rehab, and job skills classes were some of the conditions of taking the kids back.

Ok. On to The Flounce: You have to wear a long skirt/dress: Just a step to the left, then a step to the right, flounce your skirt, and bring your knees in tiiiiiight.......

Angri-La:

I read the above sentence and thought, "I wonder where a person would get a light up kilt?" :oops:

Good, I'm not the only one LOL

I play bass guitar! (And I'm not too shabby, if I do say so myself.)

Also, I have no musical ability, but I am a research and database whiz. I volunteer to do our bookings.

\

I can do craft services or be a groupie. Or both. I will be a pie baking groupie.

"The Flounce" could involve a lot of thumb moves like how Elaine dances from Seinfeld. Some fake crying/wipe tears away moves, foot stomping etc...Yeah, I can see it coming together.Heavy on the thumbs,just sayin'... :dance:

We also need swishy skirts, because I always imagine flouncing involving turning on your heel and having your skirt swirl out as you indignantly flounce out of the room.

ETA:

Ok. On to The Flounce: You have to wear a long skirt/dress: Just a step to the left, then a step to the right, flounce your skirt, and bring your knees in tiiiiiight.......

I see Angri-la and I are on the same page here. :D

She wouldn't do the pelvic thrust though. Probably too delicate for that.

Oh and now I have an image in my mind of TT dressed as Dr Frank-N-Furter....

We also need swishy skirts, because I always imagine flouncing involving turning on your heel and having your skirt swirl out as you indignantly flounce out of the room.

Swishy bustle skirts!!!

Since I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I'll make everyones costumes! Sequined frumpers for all!

Would it be inappropriate if I wore my leopard print fetish platforms?? At least for the first set? I'm not getting any younger and I'm sick of using them as bookends.

Would it be inappropriate to use this image as a send off for Lina and TT?

dr_frank-n-furterjb__oPt.jpg

She wouldn't do the pelvic thrust though. Probably too delicate for that.

Oh and now I have an image in my mind of TT dressed as Dr Frank-N-Furter....

WHY DID YOU PUT THAT IMAGE IN MY HEAD

When I'm on a computer without photoshop...

What we really need to do is photoshop TT's head onto Frank-N-Furter's body....

Let's leave her alone for a while so she will return to blogging.

Why should we? Why should we censor ourselves so she will go on blogging about her phony Judaism and hateful viewpoints towards anyone different from her? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Free Jinger was all about exposing wrongs of fundamentalism, not soothing their delicate egos so they can provide us with more snark material.

"Happier news? Would that be the baby then? I don't blame her for taking time off, stress is particularly bad for you in very early pregnancy.

I also thought the Free Jingers sounded like a cute 60s girl band too :D. And I was reminded of this thread

Yep. I thought we had our instruments all sorted out! Are we starting over? Good, because I don't actually have a sackbut.

Suzanne McDaniel,

It just so happens that today I did call CPS and filed a report. I am a mandated reporter, but more importantly I am a decent human being. Calling CPS is something I never want to have to do or enjoy. I believe children should be cherished, not abused. Making a CPS report is a decision that I never take lightly or without cause. I have never known CPS to just barge into a home and just take away the children without cause. I have known them to visit a family and offer help. I have also known them to visit a family and decide that the visit was unwarranted. It is also true that I have known them to take the children out of the home and place them into the care of a grandparent. That is never a fun or even emotionally indifferent situation for anyone, not for the family, the reporter, the police or CPS. It upsets everyone. Since I have become a mandated reporter sixteen years ago, I have seen children treated in horrific ways and living in God awful conditions. I have never regretted calling CPS, a child's wellbeing is a thousand times more important than my inconvenience or a parent's embarrassment.

Sincerely,

Malisa H.

Would it be inappropriate to use this image as a send off for Lina and TT?

dr_frank-n-furterjb__oPt.jpg

The costume with the pink triangle might be a bit more poignant:

6303989211_5d9c0fa605_z.jpg

(edited due to riffle)

Suzanne McDaniel,

It just so happens that today I did call CPS and filed a report. I am a mandated reporter, but more importantly I am a decent human being. Calling CPS is something I never want to have to do or enjoy. I believe children should be cherished, not abused. Making a CPS report is a decision that I never take lightly or without cause. I have never known CPS to just barge into a home and just take away the children without cause. I have known them to visit a family and offer help. I have also known them to visit a family and decide that the visit was unwarranted. It is also true that I have known them to take the children out of the home and place them into the care of a grandparent. That is never a fun or even emotionally indifferent situation for anyone, not for the family, the reporter, the police or CPS. It upsets everyone. Since I have become a mandated reporter sixteen years ago, I have seen children treated in horrific ways and living in God awful conditions. I have never regretted calling CPS, a child's wellbeing is a thousand times more important than my inconvenience or a parent's embarrassment.

Sincerely,

Malisa H.

I think you are great, Malisa. Thank you for doing that.

Why should we? Why should we censor ourselves so she will go on blogging about her phony Judaism and hateful viewpoints towards anyone different from her? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though Free Jinger was all about exposing wrongs of fundamentalism, not soothing their delicate egos so they can provide us with more snark material.

Yeah, I don't think so. She needs to learn there are consequences to actions (making a public blog; offending people's dearly held religious traditions; etc.).

Oh, Lina. Did you think this would help? This is only the beginning of our snark!

Thank you Aurora and treemom. I hope everything ends well.

Suzanne McDaniel,

Sincerely,

Malisa H.

Thanks for writing that, Malisa. I hope she reads it.

I have been the mom in the E.R. who had CPS called on her. I knew that I had done nothing wrong and so did the medical personnel involved but a passing doctor overheard something that they didn't feel comfortable with and called. I was totally okay with that because the situation was very bad and to someone that didn't know the history it absolutely looked like a case of child neglect. I'm glad that there are people like you to look out for kids. :)

A lot of people in fundy circles think that calling CPS automatically gives them a criminal record or puts them on some sort of watch list so that they can never make a parenting mistake without police showing up at their door. It's not true but they only believe the hype. Some are afraid to visit the doctor for a check-up if their kid has the normal scraped knees and bruised shins from playing outdoors. It's really a paranoid way to live.

Archived