IGNORED

Lina Jumps Ship Again

chemist1217

If you think you’ve seen immodest, come to Costa Rica! Seriously, modest clothing is a huge need here... Of course it is not only the clothes we are offering but Abba’s Word as well. Please help us in this.

*sigh* It's. Their. CULTURE. That's just how the women dress! I spent a semester in Costa Rica, specifically San Jose, in the mid-90's to study Spanish and yeah, lots of skin-tight jeans and low necklines. Although it's around 15 plus years since I've been there, it wouldn't surprise me if those aspects of women's dress have not changed. The women are proud of their bodies, and the men cat-call from the sidewalk and the women walk on by, ignoring them. The women don't need modest clothing. If they're wearing low-cut tops showing off their cleavage, it's because they want to! And most of the country is Catholic, why do they need Abba's word?

(Please excuse my ignorance, but also being Catholic, this is what I thought of when I read "Abba's Word")

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYyLZL3oCl4_d4KyIhi5mMpy-E-OLsrnJJ3FwMkNECAcdBn6QA

It burns me up when people talk about Costa Rica like they're all backwoods folk who don't know any better. Are there poor there? Yeah, just like there are the poor here in the US. It's not like it's a county where everyone is indigent. San Jose even had McDonalds and KFC and Taco Bells (yes, Taco Bells in Costa Rica :lol: ). My host mother did just fine putting up us exchange students, I did not feel like I was living in squalor while I was there.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwwwww! Now you spoiled my all time favourite musical! Tim Curry in a corset, mmmm. *drools*

Did she close her blog totally? Or is it just my browser which doesn´t want to open the page.

She set it to invited readers only. She only wants to talk to people who believe what she does; everyone else can see the gaping holes in her logic.

Can someone point me to a thread that first discusses Lina? Im trudging my way through her blog...which is mind numbing and want to read the thread because questions I have are probaly answered in there...

Like: did I read that right that her husband found her on Facebook?? Because in my world if someone does that its called creepy not a sign from god that I should marry that person less than a year of knowing them!

There was a guy in my highschool that was bible crazy and some of his rantings sound a lot like her writing he turned out to be schizophrenic(sp?)

Guest Anonymous
Can someone point me to a thread that first discusses Lina? Im trudging my way through her blog...which is mind numbing and want to read the thread because questions I have are probaly answered in there...

Like: did I read that right that her husband found her on Facebook?? Because in my world if someone does that its called creepy not a sign from god that I should marry that person less than a year of knowing them!

There was a guy in my highschool that was bible crazy and some of his rantings sound a lot like her writing he turned out to be schizophrenic(sp?)

The first one is way back on the old Yuku board, but I wrote up a general summary a while ago if you want to get the gist of things. I hope it helps!

viewtopic.php?p=79324#p79324

Bhah, how long it took last time when she closed her blog for invited users only and opened again? A few months?

If she's worried about covering people up, why doesn't she participate in Knit For Kids and help to cover people who are actually cold?

Awwww, they are trying to teach as they give,how nice. News Flash: The people are fine how they are. Leave them alone and get out of their country. Go start a fake Jew camp with Lina and her friends.

It didn't work back when missionaries were trying to "civilize" the natives...it's not going to work now! "Here, do these actions and wear this because you're making me uncomfortable!" wow what a great witness. I would say I don't recall Jesus requiring the prostitutes he hung out with to dress differently...but we're talking about another fake Jew here, right? Who doesn't believe in Jesus?

"They have to wear modest (as defined by me) clothes!! and they can't celebrate Christmas!!"

Some ppl sorta take the fun out of life...

I don't remember Costa Rica being that immodest. She clearly hasn't ever been to mexico. Those women are proud of their bodies and they want to tell you!

My stepmother is Mexican and you will pry her low cut tops and heels from her cold dead hands. Good luck with that Christmas thing! If you need something to bitch about, maybe start with Day of the Dead, the annual blessing of the animals, and the several weeks of festivities leading up to Our Lady of Guadalupe's feast day.

Suzanne, don't you have a culture of your own? Not only do you have to steal mine, you have to use it as an excuse to pick on indigenous people in their own goddamned country.

It burns me up when people talk about Costa Rica like they're all backwoods folk who don't know any better. Are there poor there? Yeah, just like there are the poor here in the US.

Perhaps it's just me... but I don't understand why you would go to another country and help those in need when your own country has 39 (?) million poor people. Oh well, perhaps Suzie has already given away several million granny bras in U.S and spread Abba's word (Bang-a-boomerang). Mission completed.

Wow, I went to Suzanne's blog. You know, she who commented that we are mean and mentally unstable. First I didn't see much snark-worthy and thought it was interesting that she was helping "those in need in Costa Rica". She told her readers how they could help.

:shock: What the fuck?

Part of the list:

That's a control freak to me, who wants to force people to dress the way she approves of. Mentally unstable to say the least.

This woman is what is wrong with CR. In my time in CR I learned how much the expat community hates the frumpers. Not only are they down on women with shorts, etc but I watched a pal get accosted by a frumper male who told him to cover up. We were walking home from the beach carrying our surfboards. My pal, a very hot 54 year old had a pair of knee length baggies on and this guy came up and told him he was immodestly clothed!!! Fundies are all over CR like flies on a dead fish.

*sigh* It's. Their. CULTURE. That's just how the women dress! I spent a semester in Costa Rica, specifically San Jose, in the mid-90's to study Spanish and yeah, lots of skin-tight jeans and low necklines. Although it's around 15 plus years since I've been there, it wouldn't surprise me if those aspects of women's dress have not changed. The women are proud of their bodies, and the men cat-call from the sidewalk and the women walk on by, ignoring them. The women don't need modest clothing. If they're wearing low-cut tops showing off their cleavage, it's because they want to! And most of the country is Catholic, why do they need Abba's word?

Because us Catholics are evil heathens that need to be converted, dontcha know? ;)

One thing that the Protestants in my area really dislike about the Latino Catholics (who are roughly half of my town) is that they have indigenous "pagan" religions kind of mixed up in the Roman Catholicism. I think it is so rich and fun. The Jewish mom and her Catholic husband routinely take our children to some of the events because they are really cool! Right now we have a sweet bread baked in the shape of a skeleton on our counter, bought from the Hispanic grocery store. Someone told me that this festival is linked to an Aztec goddess. You can also buy sugar skulls that are intricately decorated and they will write the name of your choice across the forehead.

NOT a fundie-friendly culture by any means.

Wait. Taliban Tony and Lina claim to actually be practicing Orthodox Judaism?

Yes. They insist on capitalizing on the very subtle linguistic distinction between calling themselves Orthodox Jews, which they don't do, and saying that are practicing Orthodox Judaism, which they do say.

Unfortunately for Lina and TT, you can't actually practice Orthodox Judaism without being a Jew. It's just not possible. You can mimic the practices of Orthodox Judaism, but you cannot actually practice it.

Oh, great -- she's Fish With Trish in Costa Rica! :roll:

When I saw the "help the needy in Costa Rica" headline for a moment I naively thought "A fundie who actually wants to helps others in a Christian way" and assumed she was collecting food or medicine. I seriously doubt that Matthew verse applies to forcing women to wear modest skirts. It's enraging how completely obsessed fundies can become about these pieces of cloth instead of worrying you know, about someone who might be really in need or about what Jesus really talks about.

Yes. They insist on capitalizing on the very subtle linguistic distinction between calling themselves Orthodox Jews, which they don't do, and saying that are practicing Orthodox Judaism, which they do say.

Unfortunately for Lina and TT, you can't actually practice Orthodox Judaism without being a Jew. It's just not possible. You can mimic the practices of Orthodox Judaism, but you cannot actually practice it.

See I have never really followed them other than what gets said over here...so I thought they were being more subtle sort of the idea that were Jesus followers and trying to pick up the Jewish practices from that and sort of saw themselves grafted in. I still thought they were idiots.

I really never understood that they were literally saying they are practicing Orthodox Judaism and had scrubbed their blog of Jesus. It was weird.

One thing that the Protestants in my area really dislike about the Latino Catholics (who are roughly half of my town) is that they have indigenous "pagan" religions kind of mixed up in the Roman Catholicism. I think it is so rich and fun. The Jewish mom and her Catholic husband routinely take our children to some of the events because they are really cool! Right now we have a sweet bread baked in the shape of a skeleton on our counter, bought from the Hispanic grocery store. Someone told me that this festival is linked to an Aztec goddess. You can also buy sugar skulls that are intricately decorated and they will write the name of your choice across the forehead.

NOT a fundie-friendly culture by any means.

And not only that, they nurse right in Mass, no tents to cover the babies. Our priest always said if nursing babies bother you this isn't the church for you.

The other thing, it's damn hot in Costa Rica, who wants to totally cover up.

And not only that, they nurse right in Mass, no tents to cover the babies. Our priest always said if nursing babies bother you this isn't the church for you.

The other thing, it's damn hot in Costa Rica, who wants to totally cover up.

We were in Costa Rica in July one year and we had to wear jackets in the higher elevtations. And even where it was hot it was 10 degrees cooler than Memphis.

Not really commenting for any reason other than to say that surprised both of us!

Archived