IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 26: More and More and More

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Sadly, I saw she said in the comments that she wasn't on birth control and in the caption she said "dreams come true" about the baby. So I think she just didn't get pregnant for some reason until now but they never prevented. Me thinks she's gonna have a few more kids until menopause.

You know now that I think about it she might’ve said she had PCOS or some other issue. Which always surprised me since she had so many kids. Now I can’t remember. I really hope her fertility has gone way down in her 30s. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know now that I think about it she might’ve said she had PCOS or some other issue. Which always surprised me since she had so many kids. Now I can’t remember. I really hope her fertility has gone way down in her 30s. 

I remember her saying PCOS too because I have it and it always sticks in my memory. My PCOS contributed to infertility, but I hate how many young women get told they won’t be able to have kids or it is sure be really hard. So many “I didn’t know I was pregnant” stories start that way and it’s irresponsible for doctors to make that kind of pronouncement. Maci Bookout from teen mom has it and got pregnant unplanned at 17 and again later on as an adult. 

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Now that the two grand Wissmanns have been born, what are we thinking for the rest of the year? There are so many wildcards in this family. Ruth, Abi, Bethany, and Kori could announce any day. Rachel is probably done. She's nearing menopause and combined with her infertility, Audrey was probably a one time miracle baby. Maaaybe she could announce one last pregnancy at the end of the year. 

I'm thinking Ruth and Katrina will be the other pregnancies. I also didn't realize there was an older unmarried daughter. Does anyone follow Elizabeth? 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Now that the two grand Wissmanns have been born, what are we thinking for the rest of the year? There are so many wildcards in this family. Ruth, Abi, Bethany, and Kori could announce any day. Rachel is probably done. She's nearing menopause and combined with her infertility, Audrey was probably a one time miracle baby. Maaaybe she could announce one last pregnancy at the end of the year. 

I'm thinking Ruth and Katrina will be the other pregnancies. I also didn't realize there was an older unmarried daughter. Does anyone follow Elizabeth? 

I genuinely think a few Wissmanns are done. Rachel is probably done due to her age and multiple miscarriages. Ruth lost one of her ovaries to an ectopic pregnancy last year. So that means her chances of getting pregnant have reduced. I could see her not getting pregnant this year because of that. I think Abi is done at 4 kids. She’s not a Wissmann so she might be happy with only having 4. Kori deals with infertility so she might just have the 2 boys and that’s it. Bethany might decide to be done or just have one more. Her kids were always well spaced so it makes me wonder if they use some kind of preventative measure. I don’t think she was ever truly quiverful. But that’s just my opinion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Mordecai Staddon was born. See Staddon thread for picture.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Rachel Morton. Is due this month (april) per kess's insta story

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Mordecai. Wow. Is that a boy or girl name?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

Mordecai. Wow. Is that a boy or girl name?

Boy, it's one of the minor prophets in the Old Testament

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 4/1/2024 at 5:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes. Spurgeon Seewald and Spurgeon Bontrager. Sorry but the second is worse because it’s such a mouthful. 

And here I feel like 'Spurgeon Bontrager' sounds much better than 'Spurgeon Seewald.'

Spurgeon Bontrager sounds hearty, while Spurgeon Seewald sounds confused.

All of the Seewald kids otherwise have names that work well with their surname, so... Poor Spurgeon got first pancaked.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

And here I feel like 'Spurgeon Bontrager' sounds much better than 'Spurgeon Seewald.'

Spurgeon Bontrager sounds hearty, while Spurgeon Seewald sounds confused.

All of the Seewald kids otherwise have names that work well with their surname, so... Poor Spurgeon got first pancaked.

People who aren’t from states with Amish country sometimes have trouble with the pronunciation of Bontrager. So I can just see his name being completely butchered in the future. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People who aren’t from states with Amish country sometimes have trouble with the pronunciation of Bontrager.

How is it pronounced? I'm from and in Oklahoma, USA and in my head I pronounce it bon-tray-ger (with a hard g) and now I'm curious. We have a smallish Amish community in NE Oklahoma, somewhat near to where I lived for decades, but the only time I came across one of Oklahoma's Amish people was while we were visiting Montreal, lol. We ended up hanging out and doing our activities together for a couple of days.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobology said:

How is it pronounced? I'm from and in Oklahoma, USA and in my head I pronounce it bon-tray-ger (with a hard g) and now I'm curious. We have a smallish Amish community in NE Oklahoma, somewhat near to where I lived for decades, but the only time I came across one of Oklahoma's Amish people was while we were visiting Montreal, lol. We ended up hanging out and doing our activities together for a couple of days.

It’s pronounced the way you wrote it. But some people pronounce it with a soft g, a long o, a short a, etc. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm from the Netherlands and even though it is not a Dutch (looking) name, the pronounciation does not seem hard at all. Does it have German roots?

Edited by CarrotCake
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm from the Netherlands and even though it is not a Dutch (looking) name, the pronounciation does not seem hard at all. Does it have German roots?

Probably. I will list off all the common Amish names I can think of off the top of my head. Bontrager, Yoder, Miller, Lapp, Coblentz, Gingrich, Stoltzfus, Troyer, Schrock, Byler, Hershberger, Graber. Becky Bontrager was a Stoltzfus. Americans are horrible at pronouncing last names. My maiden name was mispronounced all the time and now my married name is mispronounced all the time. If people haven’t heard of the last name, you can guarantee it will be mispronounced. Even if it is 5 letters long like my current last name. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:37 PM, sleepygirl1 said:

This was, and maybe still is, a fairly common name for Orthodox Jews to give to a son, but I have never heard it used for a gentile.  It’s a really strange choice for this kid, and he’s going to grow up to hate it. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

This was, and maybe still is, a fairly common name for Orthodox Jews to give to a son, but I have never heard it used for a gentile.  It’s a really strange choice for this kid, and he’s going to grow up to hate it. 

Joe and Mary Jane Mueller have a Mordecai too. If there's one thing I've learned from observing fundies, it's that no matter the name choice, someone's going to copy it in the future. 

Except Heistheway and Vision O'YHWH. I think those names might genuinely be in a league of their own. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, AliC said:

Joe and Mary Jane Mueller have a Mordecai too. If there's one thing I've learned from observing fundies, it's that no matter the name choice, someone's going to copy it in the future. 

Except Heistheway and Vision O'YHWH. I think those names might genuinely be in a league of their own. 

It’s like they look through the Bible trying to find a unique name because there are so many Michaels, Davids, Johns, and Joshuas in Fundieland. So they go with a name like Mordecai. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, AliC said:

One can only hope…

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AliC said:

My "favorite" is still Praise The Lord Helferich/Bontrager...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

48 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

My "favorite" is still Praise The Lord Helferich/Bontrager...

I think someone said her middle name is just TL which stands for The Lord. I honestly can’t decide which is worse. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Fundies (and evangelicals more broadly) appropriate a lot of Hebrew names, especially if they're names that appear in the Bible. It probably won't be considered that uncommon in his social circle.

Signed,

an exvangelical who gave two of her kids Jewish names 😬

• Upvote 3

The leaker must be someone close to the Bates because the post on Reddit about Tiffany, Esther, and Katie being pregnant was posted not long after the I Love You Day party. And Katie was definitely very early in her pregnancy when she announced it at the party in early February because she said she took a test a month before and it was negative. She probably wasn't even a month when she announced it.

ETA: And it will be grandchild number #32 so unless the Duggars have another one between now and the fall, they will be only one ahead.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

The leaker must be someone close to the Bates because the post on Reddit about Tiffany, Esther, and Katie being pregnant was posted not long after the I Love You Day party. And Katie was definitely very early in her pregnancy when she announced it at the party in early February because she said she took a test a month before and it was negative. She probably wasn't even a month when she announced it.

ETA: And it will be grandchild number #32 so unless the Duggars have another one between now and the fall, they will be only one ahead.

The leader said they used to be friends and go to their church. Well this is obviously why you're not a friend anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I wonder if we will get a long boy streak from the Bates? The last 3 Bates babies were boys and 4 of the last 5. It seems likely that Lawson and Tiffany’s baby is a boy even though they haven’t announced the sex yet (based on her registers and her repeatedly referring to the baby as male). 

If it is a boy and Tori, Katie, and Esther all have boys then the Bates will be at 14 boys and 18 girls. When Hailey was born last year she was the 17th girl and there were only 6 boys, so it was about 3 girls to every boy.

• Upvote 2