IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

52 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

KP put out a release that's supposed to be from Kate saying she edited the pic. 

Hmmm....

I honestly feel a bit bad for her. She apparently is in recovery and has to deal with such nonsense now. Still, I'm curious and would like to know what/why the original was edited but it seems (according to the article just posted in this thread) that they won't release the original photo. 

• Upvote 3

W&K with KP following their orders are so desperately hopelessly trying to keep up their carefully constructed image of the “perfect” shiny  family  and its failing by the day. I would find it sad if  it was wasn’t so  tiresome and blatantly obvious.

At this point simple Honesty and realness  if it’s not well sunshine and roses  would be the best thing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I don't feel bad for her. They're so tone deaf. The criticism has been building for a while. They were JUST criticized for editing their photos last year for the Christmas card and now they do it again, a mere three months later. William and Kate are just so resistant to any constructive criticism and it's incredibly tiresome to watch. Like @tabitha2 said, they're hell bent on presenting this perfect family image that William was denied as a child, that they go completely overboard and it's to their actual detriment. If they want to be relatable, release a normal photo where not all three kids are smiling and be like KIDS! What can ya do, ammrite?! That's far more relatable to the average citizen than whatever this is that they're trying to curate. 

• Upvote 4

Apparently Charlotte's left arm was photoshopped or manipulated somehow? It does look very slightly awkward, but other than that I'm not really seeing anything blatantly filtered or manipulated in the photo. Perhaps some subtle stuff, but nothing out of the ordinary. Certainly not Jill Rodrigues-level stuff. But what do I know, I can barely take a basic photo with my cellphone, I've never once even tried to edit one. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Apparently Charlotte's left arm was photoshopped or manipulated somehow? It does look very slightly awkward, but other than that I'm not really seeing anything blatantly filtered or manipulated in the photo. 

Half her wrist has disappeared, if you look carefully. 

What an own-goal by William and Catherine. It is little bit about Catherine getting too big for her britches so to speak about her own photography skills and them listening to the online chatter.  They should have either released an older photograph or not given in and stuck to their statement that Catherine wouldn't be making an appearance until Easter (or after Easter I can't remember the specifics). 

According to the NYT, Catherine did the photo-shopping and has apologized for the bad job she did:

Catherine, the Princess of Wales, apologized on Monday for doctoring a photo of her with her three children, which was recalled by several news agencies on Sunday after they determined the image had been manipulated....“Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing,” Catherine wrote in a post on social media. “I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused.”

• Thank You 1

I guess I don’t get the drama?  Everything is photoshopped these days, and filtered and well, you know…. I’m surprised at the fuss.  I just assume everything I see online is edited.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

12 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Everything is photoshopped these days

Yes. Professional photography is one half taking the photo and one half editing it, or "post-production," as people like to say. IMO, it stands to reason that Kate does her own photo-editing since she likes doing her her own photography. 

Maybe sheʻll take a photoshop class now and learn how to do a better job.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

I don't feel bad for her. They're so tone deaf. The criticism has been building for a while. They were JUST criticized for editing their photos last year for the Christmas card and now they do it again, a mere three months later. William and Kate are just so resistant to any constructive criticism and it's incredibly tiresome to watch. Like @tabitha2 said, they're hell bent on presenting this perfect family image that William was denied as a child, that they go completely overboard and it's to their actual detriment. If they want to be relatable, release a normal photo where not all three kids are smiling and be like KIDS! What can ya do, ammrite?! That's far more relatable to the average citizen than whatever this is that they're trying to curate. 

Photographers doing family photos with children do this all the time. And the Markles release photos of Meghan with the flawless skin of a ten year old child and Harry with a full head of thick hair. Are you crying about that? 

I don't think it has anything to do with an image. Just with having nice pictures. And, never mind that when the children act like normal kids in public, the internet melts down and diagnoses them with disabilities. Why should they invite more of that for the kids to read in a few year? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, treehugger said:

I guess I don’t get the drama?  Everything is photoshopped these days, and filtered and well, you know…. I’m surprised at the fuss.  I just assume everything I see online is edited.  

Yeah as someone how doesn't follow the royals I am very confused. I just blindly assume all professional photos are edited / composites. Especially ones with multiple smiling children. 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Photographers doing family photos with children do this all the time. And the Markles release photos of Meghan with the flawless skin of a ten year old child and Harry with a full head of thick hair. Are you crying about that? 

No, I don't care how Harry and Meghan edit their photos. They're not working royals. They're private citizens now, remember? 

I should also clarify that I don't really care how William and Kate edit their photos, either. It's pretty hard to get good photos with three kids where everybody is looking the same way and smiling. Their sloppy editing though has been a subject of discussion before, though, and my main issue with this is their unwillingness to learn, rather than the photoshop itself. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

Half her wrist has disappeared, if you look carefully. 

I looked, very carefully, and pretty much all I see is that her sleeve is slightly farther down on that wrist than the other one. 🤷‍♀️ Honestly, I've been googling articles about this for far longer than I should have done this morning, and I'm not seeing enough of any proof of manipulation to warrant this much concern. Of course, that's leaving out the fact that it's the PoW--she's so scrutinised that this level of insanity is to be expected.

• Upvote 7

I think it's amazing she can still do bad photoshop despite being in coma and killed.

• Haha 28

Such a production number they needlessly create!  They kids are old enough and trained enough now to stand still for a moment and plaster on a smile for the teaming masses and really they don’t have to be so posed and micro coordinated either. Royals and their Children the world over are giving charming, natural and informal photos to their citizens far more than W&K do so it’s not brain surgery here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, treehugger said:

The drama is because it was released to press without photoshop warning and the press reprinted it in violation of their own journalism standards.

See here for AP policy on manipulated photos: https://www.ap.org/about/news-values-and-principles/telling-the-story/visuals

Nobody cares if Kate photoshops for her own personal use. What she can’t do is pass off digitally altered photos as a news item without disclosure.

Given how much trouble we’re having with the press being accurate and impartial, it’s nice to see them get it right. Now let’s hope they hurry along and focus on some of the major politicians….

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

OK, I am RIGHT BACK on the speculation bus, woo hoo!!! 🤣🤣

I'm going to need to see a live video of Kate holding today's newspaper at once, please. 

:GPn0zNK:

• Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

OK, I am RIGHT BACK on the speculation bus, woo hoo!!! 🤣🤣

I'm going to need to see a live video of Kate holding today's newspaper at once, please. 

:GPn0zNK:

It would be hilarious if she would work in a newspaper into a photo. Not obviously, just oh by the way. Like it’s just resting on the kitchen table within a pristine house.

• Haha 3

Please show proof of life: Photoshop today's newspaper into an old photo of you.

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think it's amazing she can still do bad photoshop despite being in coma and killed.

She didn't do it. The professional photo editors that work at Kensington Palace messed it up on purpose as a clue! 

Literally saw that theory today...

2 hours ago, noseybutt said:

The drama is because it was released to press without photoshop warning and the press reprinted it in violation of their own journalism standards.

See here for AP policy on manipulated photos: https://www.ap.org/about/news-values-and-principles/telling-the-story/visuals

Nobody cares if Kate photoshops for her own personal use. What she can’t do is pass off digitally altered photos as a news item without disclosure.

Given how much trouble we’re having with the press being accurate and impartial, it’s nice to see them get it right. Now let’s hope they hurry along and focus on some of the major politicians….

The Sussexes released a photo with a whole ass tree edited in without disclosure. It wasn't killed. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, noseybutt said:

That is the heart of the matter - it’s about transparency & honesty & the Wales w/ their paid PR staff absolutely know (or should know) & comply w/ the standards set by reputable news organizations if they want their material to be disseminated by said reputable organizations &, after the debacle of KP being caught outright lying to the press about William having Covid, the days of oops innocent mistake are gone.

I was always taught that two wrongs don’t make a right. This business of trying to justify William/the Wales lack of transparency w/ what his younger brother who will never be King & who doesn’t even live in the same country anymore did in the past is a classic straw man argument. I’m always confused when folks delight in launching ad hominem attacks on the Sussexes whenever the Wales Fup, I guess it’s just the same tactic of projection that is oft used to deflect legitimate criticism which is the MO of a certain wannabe tyrant here in the U.S..

If we want to compare, the Wale’s should be compared to Charles & in that BP has handled Charles’ illness brilliantly IMO, they’ve been transparent, they’ve released photos of him at work, they allowed photos of the Queen going to visit him at hospital, Camilla has stepped up her responsibilities to assist Charles, etc.. Versus KP & William’s botched handling of the situation - it’s been cloaked in secrecy, maybe he’ll show up maybe he won’t, & finally the release of an altered photo of Kate & the kids grinning.
All it would have taken was a few shots of William heading in & out of the hospital, a few pap shots of him returning from the school run, an unaltered shot of William & Kate looking at get well cards, William actually upping his appearances & yeah it’s a juggling act when a partner is in ill health - but most of their public have dealt w/ or are close to folks who have dealt w/ similar situations w/out the benefit of paid staff - and none of this nonsense would have occurred.

Charles suffered from very bad press during the Diana era, & it appears he learned from his mistakes & is much wiser these days. One hopes that William & Kate & their KP staff have enough humility to learn from their mistakes as well.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 6

I thought the Sussex tree phase was on social media? IMO, social media is not the same thing as releasing to press as a newsworthy story, though that line has become increasingly blurred (ahem, Time magazine).

• Upvote 2

Okay, this story was the lead on NBC Nightly News tonight. I was able to look at the photo on my big-ass, 60 inch television screen, paused it for a minute to really peruse it, and none of the possible manips point to a huge conspiracy to present perfection to the public and keep us all from finding out that Kate is dying/divorcing William/in a coma/etc. I understand that reputable media sources don't use manipulated photos, so they're just following their own guidelines on this, and that's fine. But none of the (very few) bits of photoshop seem to be hiding anything important that I could tell. Kate's zipper? Charlotte's skirt? A couple of tiles on the floor next to Louis? 🤷‍♀️ Odd, and enough to pull the pic from the paper. But not nearly enough to convince me that Kate's health and marriage situation is dire, like everyone on teh internetz keeps going on about.

My husband now thinks I really, truly have way too much time on my hands. He may well be right. 🥴

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

I've been deeply amused by the photoshop fiasco.  I wandered all around reddit soaking in the insane chatter. Somebody on there blew up the pic and you could see a bunch of weird stuff. A lot of people say it's some AI photo app that will take multiple pics and put them together into 1 improved pic.

some oddities from the posts I read

1. kates hands both look weird. like maybe they were added. the one on our left is blurry when surrounding stuff isn't. 

2. it looks like she has extra hair and somebody was breaking down the photoshop copy paste took that you use to do that. I used to do that too to make my hair look fuller. 

3. kate's shoe is wonky. it appears to me to have 2 top edges and one has more buttons - almost like 2 images got smushed together and didn't quite work for the angles.

4. if you lighten the image up there's a clear horizontal line near the zipper people saying maybe something was cut out

5. personally I find the shadows on her lap weird. was there something in her lap? her legs seem almost lumpy.

6. the window panes and the door bottom, when you zoom it in, don't line up, like multiple almost the same photos didn't get stitched together quite right.

7. same for charlotte's sweater/wrist, the lines of the sweater, skirt, wrist are "jagged" from weird cropping/pasting

8 there were posts about the tiles on the floor that I can't see what they mean and the pattern on the youngest sweater. also don't get it.

9. they are all crossing their fingers. that's just plain weird.

10. something about kate's head makes it look photoshopped in. but it could be a light illisuion.

11. people say the tree in the back shouldn't have green leaves. ...which puts the pic waaaay back. I don't know english weather but maybe the tree has sprouted in their enclosed garden? 

I was fascinated to learn that apparently the news people have a policy of not knowingly releasing doctored images. Which I feel like Kate and co. should definitely have known about. We're not talking about somebody who got tiktok famous last week and wouldn't know media rules. Suspicious

Reddit also informed me that the UK news did not publish that picture the rest of us saw of kate driving around with her mom (supposedly). Also suspicious.

It's all really weird. I don't actually believe the conspiracy theories but something seems to be going on. Kate's always been pretty media savy and seemed to tolerate a lot of nonsense from the press. Now fumble bumble town and then radio silence.

Why the change? Why aren't "their people" doing whatever they do so this doesn't happen? Like it was said above - they already recently got in trouble for too much photoshop. Why do it again - and extremely poorly! Why are they so fixated on pics taken by William or Kate.  I'm sure there's a few rich upper class "the right sort" semi-pro/serious hobbyist photographers in their friend set who they could trust to just take some damn decent pics and avoid all this.

Well anyway. hopefully she's ok. and if she is I will not feel guilty at all about watching this train wreck. 

also I haven't paid any attention to their kids in several years - Do we comment on the youngest one looking so much like andrew? or is that just me? The part of me that loves seeing  the genetics plays out would really like to see all the young kids together in a formal picture. Andrew's grand kids, meghan and harry's and these. So interesting to see how the married in parents' looks mingle in - who got whose nose and so on. I doubt we'll ever get that pic or at least not for many many years. 

• Upvote 2

Louis doesn't look like Andrew at all to me. Looks like Kaye's dad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1