IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

I’m not a fan of conspiracy theories in general, but this one made me laugh. 

On 3/15/2024 at 11:31 AM, Antimony said:

• She is on the Masked Singer, which we all know is a top secret operation so she cannot be seen during this time. 

I sincerely wish it was something silly like that, but I worry it’s something very serious . We’ll know at some point. 

• Upvote 4

On 3/15/2024 at 11:31 AM, Antimony said:

• A "Freaky Friday" type incident has occurred and Kate and presumably Charlotte (?) must each learn a valuable lesson about each other's perspectives before they can return to their own bodies. 

Dammit Charlotte, just appreciate your mother more!

• Haha 7

William and Charlotte (in Kate‘s body 😉) have been filmed shopping in Windsor on Saturday. Metadata was released but conspiracy theories are still not even close to dying down.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 8

"She doesn't look like someone who just had major surgery." "She looks so different." "I thought she wasn't going to making any appearances until after Easter."

The comments are hysterical.  Maybe she looks different because she is recovering from major surgery and dressed down (minimal makeup and hair styling) and maybe she lost weight and/or was on some medication that made her swell up in parts of her body but not in others.  And as for appearances - no one said she wasn't ever going to not go anywhere ever for three months.  The announcement meant official public appearances. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

William and Charlotte (in Kate‘s body 😉) have been filmed shopping in Windsor on Saturday. Metadata was released but conspiracy theories are still not even close to dying down.

I doubt they will because this is like...the most bizarre way to deal with PR in the history of time. Why are we getting a bunch of pictures of Kate like she is some cryptid? What is the function of allowing the speculation? Who on earth could look at all these photos and videos that appear to be taken on a 90s Nokia and go, "Ah yes, this will settle the rumors down." 

It's almost like the opposite of seeing somebody produce careful evidence. They're providing such strange evidence that it almost feels crazy to accept it. It's not the the evidence itself is that strange -- I guess when this is such a hot topic we can expect grainy video from random citizens -- but it looks doubly strange in the absence of something official and clearly unmanipulated after public trust was damaged by the whole photoshop bit. 

I know they have a don't complain/don't explain policy but it's...a strange choice to me. We're close to another monarchy turnover (even if Charles is doing well, he's older), and the memory for royal watchers is decades long. Half the Kate speculation is silly and fun (and let's be real, that's part of why it will continue even in the face of more evidence, because it's fun to imagine a princess on the Masked Singer). But the other half, the serious speculation (at least on my side of the internet) all seems to be converging towards "William's a bit shit" or even "William's a lot shit", so it seems it would benefit the family to kind of...calm that down. 

In the meantime though, I've been cooking up some new ideas. We have to consider that Kate wasn't raised with a healthy fear of the Fair Folk and it is perhaps possible she stepped into a fairy ring (happens to the best of us) and accepted some food from the Fae King and now she's simply trapped there with the Sidhe until she can riddle her way out of their contracts. I am always warning my husband of this possibility but he is never vigilant about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Antimony said:

I know they have a don't complain/don't explain policy but it's...a strange choice to me. We're close to another monarchy turnover (even if Charles is doing well, he's older), and the memory for royal watchers is decades long. Half the Kate speculation is silly and fun (and let's be real, that's part of why it will continue even in the face of more evidence, because it's fun to imagine a princess on the Masked Singer). But the other half, the serious speculation (at least on my side of the internet) all seems to be converging towards "William's a bit shit" or even "William's a lot shit", so it seems it would benefit the family to kind of...calm that down. 

The don’t explain/don’t complain policy is erratic, at best. As in, there technically didn’t need to be an apology for any photo ever if they were following that approach. It’s this weird dysfunctional relationship the BRF has with the press, both sides trying to get the upper hand and one side, possibly, smarter than the other.  The press can be PR machines too.

• Upvote 3

William’s policy seems to be „take it or leave it“. He too did not choose his role but was born into it and has found the most comfortable way to deal with it: play along to the point where it doesn‘t hurt you too much but don‘t go beyond that point in an attempt to „save the monarchy“. The future of the monarchy depends much more on transitions in society than on him as a person.

• Upvote 8

I think Kate is playing an epic game of Where’s Waldo. 

• Haha 7

New theory from social media: None of us really know what Kate actually looks like because all pictures of her could have been manipulated or she has always used a double. Does she even exist? Prove it!

• Haha 8

Apparently Kate's medical records from her hospital stay in January have been compromised by a staff member. Hope it was worth it to them. Pretty sure you can go to jail for that kind of stuff. 

• WTF 10

2 hours ago, viii said:

Apparently Kate's medical records from her hospital stay in January have been compromised by a staff member. Hope it was worth it to them. Pretty sure you can go to jail for that kind of stuff. 

Sorta similar to when she had George and the Australia radio station called up the hospital and pranked that nurse/ mid-wife who later died by suicide. 

I believe the hospital detected that there was an attempt to look at her records.  I don't know if her records were actually compromised.  And then apparently in a separate incident, the clinic/hospital is experiencing/experienced at cyber attack by hackers. 

I would hate for someone to get a hold of my medical records not just the information about why I was there but EVERYTHING is in there - my weight, my blood work, my family medical history, my medical history - every surgery I have ever had.  I am pretty boring but I would hate to have it picked apart by the world on the internet.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, viii said:

I would be curious to hear how this works in the UK.

In the US, breaches of medical privacy only result in jail/prison very rarely, and it's a usually a misdemeanor. There was a case in Southern California in 2003 that was BIG news precisely because the physician was sentenced to a few months in federal prison, and that was extremely rare.

Instead, the US treats it as a form of medical malpractice so sanctions are usually in the form of license suspensions and civil lawsuits. Payouts can be substantial because nobody likes their private medical information out in the public domain. Basically hospitals and clinics have serious financial motivations to keep things secure.

• Thank You 4

Wishing her the best. I hate cancer. It’s so hard with young children. I saw it with my own mom and some of my friends. 

• Love 17

The media frenzy seems a bit ghoulish now.  

Cancer fucking sucks.  My dad has it. My Grandma has it, in her case it’s terminal and now we are just waiting.  Last Christmas an acquaintance of mine, in her 40’s, with three young daughters passed away from cancer.  Fuck it. It’s awful. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Love 18

Just saw that Catherine has cancer now

Catherine, Princess of Wales, revealed Friday she has been diagnosed with cancer and is in the “early stages” of treatment.

The princess, known as Kate, described her diagnosis as a “huge shock” in a video statement released on social media. The news comes two months after she had temporarily stepped away from public life following what Kensington Palace said at the time was surgery for a non-cancerous abdominal condition.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous,” said Catherine, 42, who is married to the heir to the British throne, Prince William.

“The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

I don't care what people think of her personally but having had lost several family members (including my uncle who died in December) to the big C I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I hope she heals up soon.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

Maybe, just maybe people will give that family some space now.

• Upvote 14

16 minutes ago, treehugger said:

The media frenzy seems a bit ghoulish now.  

To be fair to the media, this is a big surprise to everybody. Kensington Palace specifically said at the time of her surgery that her procedure was non-cancerous. Of course, they could be lying, but I think it's likely they were unaware and her biopsy afterwards revealed the cancer. Given they call her chemo "preventative" makes me think that the surgery was successful in removing all the cancer and now they're just making sure it's all gone. Understandable that they needed to process and figure out a way to tell not only their family but the world, however I still think their communications team could have done a lot better to avoid all this hoopla. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Oh their communication team is awful. They absolutely need a new one. And radio silence would have been preferable to releasing the earlier photo. But I was quite uncomfortable with the intensity of the media pile on after the fact. It was blown way out of proportion to the “crime” (a photoshopped picture). 

• Upvote 7

Interesting that Kate & Charles both stressed in their first announcements that their conditions were non cancerous. Charles immediately updated his diagnosis, perhaps because it required unexpected changes in his schedule, whereas w/ Kate they’d already given a 3 month recovery estimate so likely figured they had time to come to terms w/ the diagnosis before issuing an update. I’m assuming the cancer was detected in tissue samples analyzed after surgery, so they’ve likely known since late Jan..

My dad died of non Hodgkin’s lymphoma when I was 5 after a 2 year battle which he lost, I’m hoping Kate wins her battle for both her & her family’s sake.

• Love 15

Kate says in her message that at the time of her surgery it was believed to be non cancerous but testing after revealed that cancer had been present and she is undergoing preventative chemo.   

She couldn't start chemo until she had recovered from the surgery.

• Upvote 7

I'm wondering if Kate releasing this information has anything to do with her medical files being compromised. Perhaps the truth was about to come out anyway and so she wanted to be ahead of it. If so, that's absolutely vile and I feel bad she was put in that position. Nobody should have to disclose their medical business unless they want to. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, sndral said:

Interesting that Kate & Charles both stressed in their first announcements that their conditions were non cancerous. Charles immediately updated his diagnosis, perhaps because it required unexpected changes in his schedule, whereas w/ Kate they’d already given a 3 month recovery estimate so likely figured they had time to come to terms w/ the diagnosis before issuing an update. I’m assuming the cancer was detected in tissue samples analyzed after surgery, so they’ve likely known since late Jan..

My dad died of non Hodgkin’s lymphoma when I was 5 after a 2 year battle which he lost, I’m hoping Kate wins her battle for both her & her family’s sake.

Charles is the ruling monarch and Kate is "only" the wife of the next in line. And they have 3 young children. I can't imagine how difficult it is to deal with that and the intrusive media. I guess with the attempted hacking of her medical records they realised they need to update the public on her health before the next attempt is successfull. I really hope for her to recover from it, more for the sake of her children than her public role.

• Upvote 9

I really hope that all of the Sussex Squad trolls who have behaved abominably the last 2 months are deeply ashamed. ”Will beat her up”. “She’s pregnant with Tom Kingston’s baby”. “She’s in a coma”. “She’s had a facelift”. “She’s having her ass lifted”. “She’s having a tummy tuck”. “She’s dead”. Well, she’s got cancer. I hope every one of them rethinks their behavior and allegiance to Molotov Mayhem, who will, no doubt, be “papped” in a parking lot at the soonest opportunity.

• Upvote 2

Just now, omilona said:

I really hope that all of the Sussex Squad trolls who have behaved abominably the last 2 months are deeply ashamed. ”Will beat her up”. “She’s pregnant with Tom Kingston’s baby”. “She’s in a coma”. “She’s had a facelift”. “She’s having her ass lifted”. “She’s having a tummy tuck”. “She’s dead”. Well, she’s got cancer. I hope every one of them rethinks their behavior and allegiance to Molotov Mayhem, who will, no doubt, be “papped” in a parking lot at the soonest opportunity.

Totally agree about the Sussex Squad but as far as I know Meghan herself hasn‘t done anything wrong in this context.

• Upvote 5