IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Totally agree about the Sussex Squad but as far as I know Meghan herself hasn‘t done anything wrong in this context.

@omilona hates Meghan and will turn everything into her fault. There's no reasoning with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

May she have a swift & complete recovery.

26 minutes ago, viii said:

Kensington Palace specifically said at the time of her surgery that her procedure was non-cancerous.

Sounds like Kate did not receive the cancer diagnosis for some time - weeks? - after her surgery. 

9 minutes ago, omilona said:

I really hope that all of the Sussex Squad trolls who have behaved abominably the last 2 months are deeply ashamed.

It's doubtful that the Sussex Squad trolls will be any more ashamed or apologetic than those who have dumped on Meghan for several years now. 

• Upvote 5

Oh good grief, must Megan be dragged into everything when we are talking about Kate? (And vice versa)… they’ve lived on separate continents much longer than they lived near each other. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Sounds like Kate did not receive the cancer diagnosis for some time - weeks? - after her surgery. 

No, I know. Like I said, Kensington Palace originally said her condition was non-cancerous. They didn't find out until after the surgery. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time KP has lied to the public, but I'd be surprised if they were lying about this timeline. I genuinely believe Kate only revealed this because of the issues around her medical files. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I hope she recovers quickly with as little pain as possible. 

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, viii said:

No, I know. Like I said, Kensington Palace originally said her condition was non-cancerous. They didn't find out until after the surgery. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time KP has lied to the public, but I'd be surprised if they were lying about this timeline. I genuinely believe Kate only revealed this because of the issues around her medical files. 

KP was going to need to issue updated guidance by next weekend because the initial statement suggested that she’d be resuming her duties around Easter & that’s not going to happen. 
It’s not clear whether the despicable attempts to access her medical files were successful or unsuccessful, so maybe that moved the timeline for the announcement forward, but it seems they’ve known about the medical file breach for awhile too. It is interesting timing that the news about the medical files breach dropped only a couple of days before KP released the video. 
Hopefully now that the Wales have issued clearer guidance about what’s going on, the furor will die down & folks can accept that they won’t be seeing Kate doing official engagements for quite some time. 

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, sndral said:

KP was going to need to issue updated guidance by next weekend because the initial statement suggested that she’d be resuming her duties around Easter & that’s not going to happen. 
It’s not clear whether the despicable attempts to access to her medical files were successful or unsuccessful, so maybe that moved the timeline for the announcement forward, but it seems they’ve known about the medical file breach for awhile too. It is interesting timing that the news about the medical files breach dropped only a couple of days before KP released the video. 
Hopefully now that the Wales have issued clearer guidance about what’s going on, the furor will die down & folks can accept that they won’t be seeing Kate doing official engagements for quite some time. 

As I understand it, she said in the video that they decided to wait until the school holidays began so the children have some time before dealing with classmates knowing and potentially gossiping. Easter is a two week break in UK so it won’t be fresh news when they return to school. 

And William missed the memorial service due to them getting this news. Perhaps the accusations of laziness over that can be retracted? 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

Just now, louisa05 said:

And William missed the memorial service due to them getting this news. Perhaps the accusations of laziness over that can be retracted? 

No. He's still lazy. If he had a solid work ethic all these years, then he wouldn't have been so heavily criticized that day for pulling out. 

Two things can be right at the same time. 

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, viii said:

No. He's still lazy. If he had a solid work ethic all these years, then he wouldn't have been so heavily criticized that day for pulling out. 

Two things can be right at the same time. 

While his father and wife both have cancer, there are three young kids to take care of and his mother and only sibling are both unavailable for support (for very different reasons), William has had several engagements this week. But apparently breaks are not going to be given.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

While his father and wife both have cancer, there are three young kids to take care of and his mother and only sibling are both unavailable for support (for very different reasons), William has had several engagements this week. But apparently breaks are not going to be given.

Breaks will absolutely be given. I have no issues with the time he took off while Kate was in the hospital and he was around for the children to give them a sense of normalcy. That's what a good parent does. If they did find out the day of the memorial that she had cancer, I have zero issues with him pulling out to be there for his wife when she just had a freaking cancer diagnosis. None of that is an issue. 

The issue is that William has appeared to be wishy washy for years when it comes to work, and so unfortunately, he has built this bed for himself when it comes to criticism. Pulling out of an official event (opinions may vary of that) with a vague excuse didn't fly for a lot of people. Granted, we understand now that his reason was a solid one, but I believe if William was a consistent hard worker like his Aunt Anne and Uncle Edward, then he wouldn't receive half the pushback he did. 

I should add that in her statement, she asks that their family be given time and privacy while she undergoes treatment. I really do hope William scales back on the few engagements he does to be there for her, because his presence at her side is a lot more important than royal duties at the moment. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

AFAIK KP has not released information of when they received the diagnosis, given normal timelines for lab results post surgery they likely learned of the diagnosis in late Jan., the memorial service was 2/27, so missing the service was not likely due to them ‘getting this news.’ William being overwhelmed by his wife & his father facing life threatening illnesses & thus being emotionally unable to speak at a memorial service for his godfather in the context of what was going on is quite understandable IMO.

• Upvote 7

The Wales family is not expected to attend the traditional Easter service.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

11 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

The Wales family is not expected to attend the traditional Easter service.

Good. They're likely at Anmer Hall right now, since I think the children are on break from school. Hopefully they're able to squirrel away from the public for the next little bit. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, sndral said:

AFAIK KP has not released information of when they received the diagnosis, given normal timelines for lab results post surgery they likely learned of the diagnosis in late Jan., the memorial service was 2/27, so missing the service was not likely due to them ‘getting this news.’ William being overwhelmed by his wife & his father facing life threatening illnesses & thus being emotionally unable to speak at a memorial service for his godfather in the context of what was going on is quite understandable IMO.

Multiple journalists are reporting that the palace confirmed that. It would depend on what kind of pathology is being done and how much. It actually can take weeks to confirm. A positive biopsy may have come back early but further testing or even more biopsies may have been needed to determine if additional treatment beyond the surgical removal was needed. So they may very well have received diagnostic news that day. 

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Multiple journalists are reporting that the palace confirmed that. It would depend on what kind of pathology is being done and how much. It actually can take weeks to confirm. A positive biopsy may have come back early but further testing or even more biopsies may have been needed to determine if additional treatment beyond the surgical removal was needed. So they may very well have received diagnostic news that day. 

I saw tabloids speculating, but haven’t seen reputable journalists reporting a palace confirmation re: when they received the diagnosis, but news is moving fast & I’ve not checked the headlines in the last 1/2 hour.*
IMO given the timeline my suspicion is that there was unlikely to have been one triggering event causing William to pull out of the service, rather it was the culmination of all of the events & the fact that it was a memorial service that was just too much.

*Edited to add link to BBC article I found after I posted (which I consider a reputable source) which does say Kate began chemo in late Feb. & that the palace states this was why William pulled out of the service https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68641441

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, viii said:

@omilona hates Meghan and will turn everything into her fault. There's no reasoning with it. 

“It” am I? Pretty sure that qualifies as bullying. I’ll take born female, still female.

• Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

FJ skews female, but plenty of the members don’t automatically assign female pronouns to every poster - especially if the username isn’t obviously feminine. How that equates to bullying is beyond me.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, omilona said:

“It” am I? Pretty sure that qualifies as bullying. I’ll take born female, still female.

Not sure how your sex at birth is relevant. You could have just said “I’ll take female.”

Wording it as “I’ll take born female, still female” sounds transphobic to me. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Cancer is so common but for Charles and Kate to battle it at the same time seems very hard for the family. And didn't Fergie say she had it too recently?

I would like to see the BRF to arrange some charity events for cancer associations or cancer research when everyone is feeling better. Maybe a huge televised concert or something. The attention could benefit more people sharing the affliction.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Cancer is so common but for Charles and Kate to battle it at the same time seems very hard for the family. And didn't Fergie say she had it too recently?

I would like to see the BRF to arrange some charity events for cancer associations or cancer research when everyone is feeling better. Maybe a huge televised concert or something. The attention could benefit more people sharing the affliction.

They have had many such events and patronages for decades. 🙄

• I Agree 2

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Not sure how your sex at birth is relevant. You could have just said “I’ll take female.”

Wording it as “I’ll take born female, still female” sounds transphobic to me. 

Yes and also.

I'm fairly sure we're meant to read "it" as "aforementioned poster's logic." Because "it" is a perfectly common pronoun for a set of arguments.

hates Meghan and will turn everything into her fault. There's no reasoning with [that stance/that logic/the arguments]. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The Great British Bake Off does a Stand Up to Cancer event every....season? or so. They always pull celebrities instead of regular bakers for it. James Acaster has a particularly phenomenal breakdown on his episode of it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.db0f432a2f51bbb8f8f1c4dbbd6d06b7.png

Now, Kate's announcement has smoothed over a lot of the distrust of the KP but...the fact remains that they still did the weirdest PR work I've ever seen. Making Kate, who we now know was undergoing treatment, take the fall for photoshop? William weirdly not answering questions people had in a manner that was bizarre? Releasing these weird car photos? The trust is not back.

However. I know little more beloved by the general public than GBBO and watching people who are too rich for their own good attempt to use a kitchen like us normal folks. Even that lady from Dragon's Den went on! (She went on Taskmaster too!) 

I can imagine nothing better for PR than us all getting to see a princess attempt a technical challenge to make like...scones or whatever. That's a content farm for relatable content. We'll all laugh, haha, the Royal family is so spoiled they can't cook, but it will also be relatable. "I can't make a scone either," we'll say. "What an asinine recipe for a smore Paul Hollywood has written," we'll say (I'm serious I'm going to fight this man about what he thinks a s'more is. He's doing crimes against campfires out there in his big tent.) What a rip roaring time it would be. Really bring the world back together.  This is my humble proposal for such an event.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Kate is a class act.  That was an informative, yet calm & measured video. 

I hate she was forced into it, but hopefully it will shut the pie-holes of the freaks yammering about about beatings or bad bangs.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Antimony said:

Now, Kate's announcement has smoothed over a lot of the distrust of the KP but...the fact remains that they still did the weirdest PR work I've ever seen. Making Kate, who we now know was undergoing treatment, take the fall for photoshop? William weirdly not answering questions people had in a manner that was bizarre? Releasing these weird car photos? The trust is not back.

The cynic in me thinks that Kate and her illness is used as a distraction from Charles. For weeks the public was distracted with the question about her disappearnce from public. And now the attention lays even more on her and her journey. Charles and his health just became a side note. Maybe it isn't fully intentional and the PR just use the higher interest in her and are happy that not much questions are asked about the king. But it isn't fair and they should do something against that.

• Sad 1