IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

51 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Imagine people getting worked up on a regular basis about the order you walk in....

Imagine trying to pretend the royal family is just like the rest of us, when they very clearly aren't, just to defend them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, viii said:

Imagine trying to pretend the royal family is just like the rest of us, when they very clearly aren't, just to defend them. 

People are constantly upset about them walking. Christmas is another time that people lose their minds over this…oh, no, the Tindalls are supposed to be behind the Yorks…why is Princess Anne’s husband next to Edward because he should be in front of him, or maybe behind him….and on and on. When other than the monarch walking in front, they’ve never walked in order of precedence. People on the internet care far more about that stuff than they do. And precedent has only been used at ceremonial events for years. 

And, of course, Anne should have been Queen, damn it! They should have changed the firstborn male rule for her!!! Let’s all ignore that she was born second. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 3

I guess I live in a protected world; I only read discussions about them here mostly.  I only posted what Hello said because there had been discussion here.  Maybe I need to get out more.

• Upvote 2

Agreed; I clearly also don’t follow the royal gossip because the only walking drama I see is when they have Andrew out and about, front and center. I’ve never seen complaints about the cousins walking in order of precedence. 

• Upvote 3

Andrew is old news. Do I like seeing him at events? No. Can I expect him to be completely cut off from the family? No. Will it change anything if we clutch our pearls about it every single time? Apparently some think it will.

• I Agree 8

Imagine confusing holding people accountable with clutching pearls. I could never. 

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 2

I really don’t think Andrew cares what the masses think or if they want hold him “accountable”  It’s not like he needs to get a job or gonna run for office or going to get kicked out of any position he has not already been kicked out of. 

• I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I really don’t think Andrew cares what the masses think or if they want hold him “accountable”  It’s not like he needs to get a job or gonna run for office or going to get kicked out of any position he has not already been kicked out of. 

Oh, I fully agree with you. I don't think Andrew, nor the BRF in general, give two shits about what the masses think. The Queen (well, the advisors around her), had the awareness to remove Andrew from a public role, but that's clearly the extent of what they're going to do. They've shown enough in the past few years that they fully support him. I find it incredibly disgusting but yolo, what can you do. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/1/2024 at 9:34 AM, viii said:

Oh, I fully agree with you. I don't think Andrew, nor the BRF in general, give two shits about what the masses think. The Queen (well, the advisors around her), had the awareness to remove Andrew from a public role, but that's clearly the extent of what they're going to do. They've shown enough in the past few years that they fully support him. I find it incredibly disgusting but yolo, what can you do. 

I don't think they support him. I think they just aren't cutting him off from family oriented events. And that's fair. They can make that choice. This memorial was a family event. These royal families are all connected. Philip was born into the Greek royal family; Andrew was named after his father--a Greek and Danish royal--rather than given a traditionally British royal name . They are related as well to the Danish and Spanish families. 

• Upvote 3

I know they’re all connected. I guess we just have different opinions on what classifies an event as official or private. The memorial was listed in the Court Circular and the BRF hosted the event and sent out the invitations. To me, that makes it very much an official event. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

And as expected her appearance is being picked apart - it is actually Pippa, or a look a like.  She had a stroke.  Apparently, the "proof of life" picture isn't enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

And as expected her appearance is being picked apart - it is actually Pippa, or a look a like.  She had a stroke.  Apparently, the "proof of life" picture isn't enough. 

Yes. It's a body double. Because William killed her. And he killed Thomas Kingston. Because he's a cold blooded murderer. 

And, don't forget, these ugly rumors are absolutely acceptable to pass around even if you know they aren't true. Because Meghan. I've literally seen that multiple times on Threads (you know, the good, safe, respectable social media). 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

The minute I saw that photo I knew that the comments would be incredibly gross. 

There's speculation that KP staged the photo, but that would be incredibly dumb. Although maybe they didn't just foresee the comments. They would have been better off posting a picture of her sitting, looking at get well cards she's likely received. Although, really, they stated she would be off until Easter so I don't know why people are melting down to begin with. She's literally just following the timeline KP released on the day of her surgery. 

And now it's released that her first official duty will be Trooping the Colour, so naturally people are melting down that she's not working until June, and things must be DIRE. The BRF don't usually post their calendars very far in advance. There's a very slim chance she won't have any engagements until June. She probably has things already scheduled for April and May, they just haven't been released to the public yet. 

The Kate/Meghan comparison is an interesting one, although a completely different discussion. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, viii said:

The minute I saw that photo I knew that the comments would be incredibly gross. 

There's speculation that KP staged the photo, but that would be incredibly dumb. Although maybe they didn't just foresee the comments. They would have been better off posting a picture of her sitting, looking at get well cards she's likely received. Although, really, they stated she would be off until Easter so I don't know why people are melting down to begin with. She's literally just following the timeline KP released on the day of her surgery. 

And now it's released that her first official duty will be Trooping the Colour, so naturally people are melting down that she's not working until June, and things must be DIRE. The BRF don't usually post their calendars very far in advance. There's a very slim chance she won't have any engagements until June. She probably has things already scheduled for April and May, they just haven't been released to the public yet. 

The Kate/Meghan comparison is an interesting one, although a completely different discussion. 

That release did not say it is her first official duty. It is just a release of the info as tickets are now available and she is doing the troop review during the week prior as part of preparations. A different family member does it each year. I believe William did last year. Nowhere in that information does it say it is her first official duty since surgery. The twitterati is saying that so it can be used to further stupid conspiracy theories. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

That release did not say it is her first official duty. It is just a release of the info as tickets are now available and she is doing the troop review during the week prior as part of preparations. A different family member does it each year. I believe William did last year. Nowhere in that information does it say it is her first official duty since surgery. The twitterati is saying that so it can be used to further stupid conspiracy theories. 

I'm just quoting what I saw on People.com this morning. They said it was her official return to duty, which is likely inaccurate. 

I'm sorry, but the possibility that she got "bad bangs" and was just waiting for them to grow out made me laugh. 

Because she's never worn a headband, ever.  /sarcasm

And initially I thought the info was that she would return to official duties at Easter.  Don't remember where I read that though. 

Edited by CultureVulture
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, CultureVulture said:

And initially I thought the info was that she would return to official duties at Easter.  Don't remember where I read that though. 

That was in the official statement from Kensington Palace when they announced she had under gone surgery. 

• Upvote 3

BRF = full employment program for the tabloids & paparazzi. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

They said she was „unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter“. This could easily mean May or even later. Just that we most definitely wouldn’t see her before.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I saw surgeon two this morning. I’m to do very little until early April so it fits with Catharine off until at least Easter.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 14

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I saw surgeon two this morning. I’m to do very little until early April so it fits with Catharine off until at least Easter.

Are you sure you're not dead? Is this even you posting??? ;)

• Haha 18

On 3/5/2024 at 10:00 AM, louisa05 said:

I love the word twitterati. 

On 3/5/2024 at 11:17 AM, CultureVulture said:

I'm sorry, but the possibility that she got "bad bangs" and was just waiting for them to grow out made me laugh. 

Because she's never worn a headband, ever.  /sarcasm

Yep, she got a bad haircut and they fixed it…by going through her abdomen?

• Upvote 3

I think the initial announcement about the surgery said she was expected to be away from royal duties until at least Easter or not before Easter.   Something to that extent.

1 minute ago, VGL said:

I think the initial announcement about the surgery said she was expected to be away from royal duties until at least Easter or not before Easter.   Something to that extent.

It said she was expected to return after Easter. The whole nonsense that she disappeared and it's a mystery is the stupidest thing I've seen on the internet in awhile. And the internet is pretty stupid. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4