IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

He is going to show up at family functions, but I do think there are better ways to handle it. There was no reason for him to walk first into the chapel, leading the family. He should have entered through a back door. I have no issues with him attending family events, because he is still family, but I don't think he should be photographed the way he is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Perhaps you could call them and let them know of your disapproval?

Seriously, in family situations, it doesn't really matter, and despite the photographers falling over themselves to get pics, it's not really our business. I couldn't care less who walked into the chapel ahead of whom. Maybe the Queen paused to exchange words with an officiant and he walked on ahead, as family members would do, to keep things moving. Or who knows, maybe he did it on purpose to cause everyone's knickers to get in a knot? If so, it seems to have worked for at least one person.🥴

Nah, my knickers aren't in a knot. The BRF has very publicly shown that they support Andrew in a private sense, which is their right to do so. However, it won't stop me from criticizing it, though. 

• Upvote 2

I'm more interested in the reason why Prince William canceled at the last minute, Andrew is a nonentity to me. Hopefully, it's not due to one of the children being ill, or Catherine (despite the statement that she's recovering well, I take that with a grain of salt). Or he being ill himself. My mind goes to Covid in that case, but we likely won't learn the reason.

• Upvote 3

I think the only acceptable answer is that he's ill himself. The service was held at Windsor, which is a stone's throw away from where William lives. If the kids were sick, they're privileged enough to have Maria or someone else stay with the kids for the hour while William attended an event. They specifically said in the statement that Kate was fine, so we know it's not her. I can see the palace not wanting to say anything if he is sick. Already there are media stories about how the BRF is falling apart between Kate's surgery and Charles' cancer. Saying that William is sick would likely cause low-key panic so it's easier to say personal reason. But like you said - I doubt we'll ever know the true reason. 

• Upvote 4

Even a Prince  gets the runs or the pukes sometimes but yes, announce he may have a stomach bug these days and the MONARCHY is OVER!11! Hysteria starts. 

And the bad just keeps coming… Lady Gabriella Windsors Husband of 5 years Thomas was found dead  Sunday evening He was 45. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lady-gabriella-windsors-husband-thomas-180913316.html

Edited by tabitha2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I think the only acceptable answer is that he's ill himself. The service was held at Windsor, which is a stone's throw away from where William lives. If the kids were sick, they're privileged enough to have Maria or someone else stay with the kids for the hour while William attended an event. They specifically said in the statement that Kate was fine, so we know it's not her. I can see the palace not wanting to say anything if he is sick. Already there are media stories about how the BRF is falling apart between Kate's surgery and Charles' cancer. Saying that William is sick would likely cause low-key panic so it's easier to say personal reason. But like you said - I doubt we'll ever know the true reason. 

If one of the kids has something contagious, he would likely not want to risk inadvertently passing it on to Camilla who could pass it to Charles. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Even a Prince  gets the runs or the pukes sometimes but yes, announce he may have a stomach bug these days and the MONARCHY is OVER!11! Hysteria starts. 

And the bad just keeps coming… Lady Gabriella Windsors Husband of 5 years Thomas was found dead  Sunday evening He was 45. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lady-gabriella-windsors-husband-thomas-180913316.html

If he said he had a stomach bug, the press would turn it into cancer. His sister-in-law would leak that he ate an entire cow or something and she would never, only vegan food. Or roast chicken. Or In-N-Out. Her squad of fans would be all over socials claiming he had a hangover after getting drunk and killing his wife and children (or possibly just the children as some of them seem to believe he killed his wife shortly after Christmas). And "sources" would tell us that his brother is ready to return to the fold to fill in for him. 

Easier to say "personal reasons". 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

(or possibly just the children as some of them seem to believe he killed his wife shortly after Christmas)

I've seen a lot of wild royal rumours in my lifetime but this one is insane to me. The way some people genuinely believe it blows my mind. Where's the logic? Where's the common sense??

• I Agree 3

According the AntiMonarchists on Twatter They got it all figured out. 

For Example: 

“Because William presented Kate with divorce papers, she then tried to off herself, all while Charles is dying of pancreatic cancer (£350m wasted imo) and now the royal family are struggling to hide the truth”

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

At this point if I didn't have a conscience I'd have found a way to monetize putting out crazy rumors because apparently these days you can say literally ANYTHING and someone, somewhere, will not only wholeheartedly believe it but also share it and anxiously await your next update. 

Perhaps William was abducted temporarily by aliens to help them coordinate their next summit meeting with Sasquatch, the chief Yeti, Mothman and the Jersey Devil, while they plan an expedition to see if Nessie is still around or if they need to have their own memorial service? Since it would involve a trip into Scotland it'd be helpful for them to have William's assistance in the matter.

• Haha 10

Well, I read on People that William is jealous of Harry because of Invictus’ raging success, so clearly he was entirely too ashamed to show his face, and Randy Andy had to fill in instead. /s

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

It’s OBVIOUS  William secretly lusted  after Meghan but she didn’t want him and so is insanely jelly of Harry!  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s OBVIOUS  William secretly lusted  after Meghan but she didn’t want him and so is insanely jelly of Harry!  

Clearly. He hates Kate, don't you know. Her mother forced him to marry her. They don't like each other at all as is made obvious because they don't cling to each other like a pair of 15 year olds in their first relationship. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

I wonder if this is why William didn't come?

Reporters are saying that it was made clear the two things are not connected. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

I wonder if this is why William didn't come?

Her parents went to the memorial, so it would be super weird if William didn't because of that reason. 

• Upvote 3

One of my children is a felon. Still, I'd expect him to come to family things, despite anyone's criticism. I know the circumstances are different; our family wouldn't be in the tabloids. But I don't understand why people think Andrew should be completely cut off from his family, in public or private. Their decisions to associate with him or not should be private, as are the decisions of my family.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

Constantine II was a beloved “poor” relation and elder statesmen  and fixture at most Royal milestones for many decades. Andrew has every single right to go to his memorial. 

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

One of my children is a felon. Still, I'd expect him to come to family things, despite anyone's criticism. I know the circumstances are different; our family wouldn't be in the tabloids. But I don't understand why people think Andrew should be completely cut off from his family, in public or private. Their decisions to associate with him or not should be private, as are the decisions of my family.

Nobody thinks he should be cut off from the Windsor family. It’s the BRF that he needs to be cut off from. There’s a slim difference between the two but it is there. 

• Upvote 1

If William was ill, they should have said that he was & that, although recovering, feeling fine, whatever, he’d been advised to not expose others to his mild cold, flu, whatever. As it is ‘personal reasons’ sounds so lame & frankly it sounds lazy. I question William’s commitment to ‘duty,’ have Charles or Anne ever canceled last minute for ‘personal reasons’?

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, viii said:

Nobody thinks he should be cut off from the Windsor family. It’s the BRF that he needs to be cut off from. There’s a slim difference between the two but it is there. 

With things like these Royal Memorials, funerals, weddings  Etc it gets really tricky for older Royals Like Andrew who are related to Most of European Royalty. Is he representing Windsor family or The Royal family if he is  asked to be God Parent to some Lordling or minor Countess or Attend his friend Duke so and so’s funeral? 

• Upvote 1

I will say, maybe a little white lie would have been a good advice for Wiliam. Something like: He could have tested positive for COVID, because he tests every day to make sure he is not exposing the people he meets. He feels fine and doesn’t experience any symptoms but will isolate at home till he is negative again. He will undertake digital meetings and keep up with his work from home. His family has not tested positive. 
The PoW would like to see this as a gentle reminder that COVID is still here, that we all should ensure we are not exposing others and that top up vaccines are available.

He would have to stay home for a week and do some digital meetings for this to work. But that would be an easy way out and nobody would be any wiser.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I will say, maybe a little white lie would have been a good advice for Wiliam. Something like: He could have tested positive for COVID, because he tests every day to make sure he is not exposing the people he meets. He feels fine and doesn’t experience any symptoms but will isolate at home till he is negative again. He will undertake digital meetings and keep up with his work from home. His family has not tested positive. 
The PoW would like to see this as a gentle reminder that COVID is still here, that we all should ensure we are not exposing others and that top up vaccines are available.

He would have to stay home for a week and do some digital meetings for this to work. But that would be an easy way out and nobody would be any wiser.

I don't think lying is a good idea. 

Everyone misses events from time to time for personal reasons, be it illness, family illness, or needing to let the plumber in. Obviously, it's not the last one for William as he has access to staff that could do that. But it's fair for it to just not be our concern. Between this and the whole "where is Kate? She must be dead or in a coma or William locked her in the basement chained to a pipe" business, I'm reminded of when my Christian school students informed me the week Diana died that her sons weren't mourning because "it's not like they are real people". 

These are real people. They have real struggles and real emotions. Their lives may be much different than ours, but that doesn't mean that they aren't real in every way. And, as such, they are entitled to some level of privacy. If you were upset about the way Meghan was allegedly treated and feel that she and Harry had to do everything they did to protect themselves from intrusive media and public, AND you feel like you are entitled to know everything about Kate or the King's medical situations and why William was absent yesterday...that's some high level hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 9

Lying would be a terrible PR move. They already have major issues with transparency. There's no need to add lying to the bag. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

With things like these Royal Memorials, funerals, weddings  Etc it gets really tricky for older Royals Like Andrew who are related to Most of European Royalty. Is he representing Windsor family or The Royal family if he is  asked to be God Parent to some Lordling or minor Countess or Attend his friend Duke so and so’s funeral? 

is this theoretical or a thing that happened? are there people who have recently asked Andrew to be their child's godparent?