IGNORED

Trace and Lydia 4: Deportation Watch

Coconut Flan

Thanks to FJ I ordered "Prairie Fires" and read it this past summer.  Excellent book.  What a dynamic between Laura and Rose too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Thanks to FJ I ordered "Prairie Fires" and read it this past summer.  Excellent book.  What a dynamic between Laura and Rose too. 

Rose certainly looked down on her parents, as I recall. It was pretty sad. Laura was as tough as a person could be.

• Upvote 4

They have an new youtube video up. Lydia was pregnant, and they announced at the I love you-party at the Bates house. Due September 14'th, so two days after Rykers 1'st birthday. A few days later (I think) she ended up in the ER, and they found out that she had a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 4

I'm sorry for their loss, but it's all part of gods bigger plan. 

Did we btw ever had an update about their immigration and illegal alien status ? 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, ven said:

I'm sorry for their loss, but it's all part of gods bigger plan. 

Did we btw ever had an update about their immigration and illegal alien status ? 

The bill introduced on the Romeike's behalf still hasn't even been heard in the judicial committee. No movement there. I don't know if they have had any luck removing her from her family's petition now that she is married and not a homeschooled child/minor.

The loss of a pregnancy is hard for anyone. I'm sorry they have had to experience that. 

• Upvote 2

The loss of a pregnancy is hard. However, Josie literally just had her son and they knew he was being born this week as she was induced. I don't know and maybe it's just me, but, I'm getting some passive aggressive actions in them publicly posting about her miscarriage this week. Maybe, maybe not, it just seems off to me.

• Upvote 5

I feel bad for them because miscarriage is incredibly tough. BUT.... they were "soooooooo" surprised and shocked. Like get over it, people. Sexually active adults getting pregnant isn't a SHOCK or a SURPRISE. They are stupid if they think breastfeeding is a form of birth control and condoms aren't 100%. They were due a day or two before or after Ryker's 1st birthday.

Lydia is an "Irish" twin by 8 days. I did not know that. 

One last note~ They followed doctor's orders regarding going to the ER and all of that so at least they are taking medical intervention and advice seriously. That is something these 2 have going for them that a lot of the others seem to ignore. 

Of course Michael was SO KIND to babysit at 3 am for them to go to the ER. Does she ever get sleep??? Maybe she still lives on the same street as them? Carlin had mentioned that when Layla had her heart/turning blue situations (they lived in that same duplex Trace is in now).

I keep adding things as I watch the video. It's actually fascinating. So Trace mentions how he knows miscarriages are hard mentally but he never realized how hard they are physically. How the mom still basically has to give birth and all of that. Good for him for having any freaking knowledge whatsoever because I swear most of these fundies do not care at all about their wives' bodies. He said they had to watch things and if x,y,z happened, they would need to head to the hospital for d&c. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I feel bad for them because miscarriage is incredibly tough. BUT.... they were "soooooooo" surprised and shocked. Like get over it, people. Sexually active adults getting pregnant isn't a SHOCK or a SURPRISE. They are stupid if they think breastfeeding is a form of birth control and condoms aren't 100%. They were due a day or two before or after Ryker's 1st birthday.

One last note~ They followed doctor's orders regarding going to the ER and all of that so at least they are taking medical intervention and advice seriously. That is something these 2 have going for them that a lot of the others seem to ignore. 

Of course Michael was SO KIND to babysit at 3 am for them to go to the ER. Does she ever get sleep??? Maybe she still lives on the same street as them? Carlin had mentioned that when Layla had her heart/turning blue situations (they lived in that same duplex Trace is in now).

I had to laugh at the bit before they announced to the families. They said something about being surprised and knowing those watching would be surprised too. LOL. I think most people watching a Bates family member's video is not surprised at pregnancy announcements. Looking back, I realize I missed one of Lydia's signs. Her eyes somehow seem sunken in (hard to describe) when she was pregnant with Ryker. I commented on it with her costume and said she looked possessed. Now I realize she was pregnant and had those same eyes again. 

Michael may have crappy beliefs, but I will say the woman is more selfless than I am. I would answer my bestie's call at 3 am but most others I am screening and ignoring. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

While I agree that many fundies acting surprised when getting pregnant seem fake, I somehow get it in this case. Lydia got pregnant when Ryker was barely three months old. How common is that? No, breastfeeding isn’t a form of conception, but how soon does breastfeeding women get their periods back? Generally speaking. Does anyone know? I got my period back when our babies were around eight months old, all three times, which coincided with them eating less often during the nights. So it would have been impossible for me to have Irish twins. Sure there are fundies with Irish twins (looking at you Courtney Rogers/Clara Nollkamper e.g.), but also many with longer spacing. As far as I remember not even Kelly Bates nor Michelle Duggar had any Irish twins, not counting premature Josie D.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Cupcake79 said:

While I agree that many fundies acting surprised when getting pregnant seem fake, I somehow get it in this case. Lydia got pregnant when Ryker was barely three months old. How common is that? No, breastfeeding isn’t a form of conception, but how soon does breastfeeding women get their periods back? Generally speaking. Does anyone know? I got my period back when our babies were around eight months old, all three times, which coincided with them eating less often during the nights. So it would have been impossible for me to have Irish twins. Sure there are fundies with Irish twins (looking at you Courtney Rogers/Clara Nollkamper e.g.), but also many with longer spacing. As far as I remember not even Kelly Bates nor Michelle Duggar had any Irish twins, not counting premature Josie D.

I think some fundies are surprised because there’s this thing that I’ve seen a bunch of people spread around. That breastfeeding can keep your period away. While that’s true for some, it’s not true for others. So some fundies probably don’t get a period for a year after they give birth. And that’s why a lot of their kids are spaced close to 2 years apart. I breast fed my youngest until he was 2.5. I didn’t get my period back until he was around 13.5 months old. But I’ve known women who get their period back really soon. I think fundies need to educate women about their bodies. And not all bodies are the same. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, xenobia said:

They have a new youtube video up. Lydia was pregnant, and they announced at the I love you-party at the Bates house. Due September 14'th, so two days after Rykers 1'st birthday. A few days later (I think) she ended up in the ER, and they found out that she had a miscarriage. 

I saw the click bait and wondered if they were being kicked out of the country. (And ran over here). I didn’t think of pregnancy loss (for once). I hope she heals. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Smoochie said:

The loss of a pregnancy is hard. However, Josie literally just had her son and they knew he was being born this week as she was induced. I don't know and maybe it's just me, but, I'm getting some passive aggressive actions in them publicly posting about her miscarriage this week. Maybe, maybe not, it just seems off to me.

This whole family is passive aggressive and insensitive. Josie, who knew Lydia just had a miscarriage, invites Lydia to come take pics of the birth at the hospital. (I hope she told her that she didn't have to do this given the situation.) This week Josie posts her latest baby is born and a few hours later is receiving NICU or special care because of the antibodies issue. She specifically says she can't hold him except for feeding. Within an hour Alyssa posts a video about holding her son and his reaction to telling him she loves him - way to read a room, Alyssa. 

Then you have Erin who is so close with Michaela but calls each of her children miracles and talks about how God has blessed them without regard to her sister's situation. She even tried on the show to pull Alyssa in on it when they were both pregnant with their third (maybe fourth for Erin) kids and she announced loudly that the further along in pregnancy she gets feels like a great achievement. Alyssa didn't take the bait and simply said she wanted the baby to hurry up and be born. Erin's also the one who announced her pregnancy at her sister's wedding days after Zach announced Whitney's pregnancy at Carlin's graduation party. Josie decided to throw her wedding on Katie's birthday. Erin decided to do a gender reveal the same weekend as Nathan's wedding. 

I get that timing in a large family sucks, but some awareness for others should not be that hard. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

This whole family is passive aggressive and insensitive. Josie, who knew Lydia just had a miscarriage, invites Lydia to come take pics of the birth at the hospital. (I hope she told her that she didn't have to do this given the situation.) This week Josie posts her latest baby is born and a few hours later is receiving NICU or special care because of the antibodies issue. She specifically says she can't hold him except for feeding. Within an hour Alyssa posts a video about holding her son and his reaction to telling him she loves him - way to read a room, Alyssa. 

Then you have Erin who is so close with Michaela but calls each of her children miracles and talks about how God has blessed them without regard to her sister's situation. She even tried on the show to pull Alyssa in on it when they were both pregnant with their third (maybe fourth for Erin) kids and she announced loudly that the further along in pregnancy she gets feels like a great achievement. Alyssa didn't take the bait and simply said she wanted the baby to hurry up and be born. Erin's also the one who announced her pregnancy at her sister's wedding days after Zach announced Whitney's pregnancy at Carlin's graduation party. Josie decided to throw her wedding on Katie's birthday. Erin decided to do a gender reveal the same weekend as Nathan's wedding. 

I get that timing in a large family sucks, but some awareness for others should not be that hard. 

Totally agree about them all being insensitive. In terms of children, they treat them like something to collect. I am actually amazed at M’s strength and attitude. How hard would it be to be the oldest sister in a cult that only recognizes motherhood as a viable and productive path for women, only to be Diagnosed with infertility, and then on top of it, your younger sisters have baby, after baby after baby. IDK man, I’d be ducking out of so many get togethers, gender reveals and hospital visits. I commend Michaela. Some of those folks have zero social/emotional awareness.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Totally agree about them all being insensitive. In terms of children, they treat them like something to collect. I am actually amazed at M’s strength and attitude. How hard would it be to be the oldest sister in a cult that only recognizes motherhood as a viable and productive path for women, only to be Diagnosed with infertility, and then on top of it, your younger sisters have baby, after baby after baby. IDK man, I’d be ducking out of so many get togethers, gender reveals and hospital visits. I commend Michaela. Some of those folks have zero social/emotional awareness.

I would be skipping them and pretending like I didn't know people. It was hard after my hysterectomy because I was in the hospital for recovery and my cousin and his wife were having their baby literally down the hall from me. I had an incision from hip to hip, was vomiting nonstop, could not lift my head without thinking I would pass out, and dealing the emotions that I would never give birth to children (have two by adoption) only to have to hear that family was visiting them and "forgot" I was in the same hospital only doors away. I was also criticized for not going to visit my cousin's wife and meet the new baby.

Michaela must not be an overthinker because my brain would not let me keep a smile on around these people. 

• Love 31

If the pregnancy had been successful, I think Ryker and that baby could have been the first Irish twins in the family. I don't think they have any. Kelly definitely came close at least twice I think. 

Josie was at Ryker's birth, so I am sure the plan was always Lydia would be at this baby's birth long before Trace and Lydia even found out they were pregnant. I just hope Josie did say if Lydia didn't want to do it, that would be ok.  i am not surprised Lydia still went if that was the case. She made it pretty clear that she loves babies, and photographing babies was her favorite out of all the photos she took.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

I’ve got to say, either Ryker is just a very happy and photogenic baby, or Lydia is a good photographer, or most likely a combination of both, but all of her photos and videos of him are adorable. 

I’ve got to believe that Lydia didn’t feel obligated to be at the birth of Josie’s baby. I would find it hard to believe that Josie wasn’t empathizing with Lydia and leaving any decisions like that up to her.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

It varies soooo greatly. Some people don’t get their periods back until a few months after they’ve weaned (which could be 18-24 months for some people). I was on the opposite end of the spectrum and got my period back at 12 weeks postpartum. My friend did too. We both were exclusively breastfeeding around the clock, max. every 3 hours but more so every 2. So we both could have had Irish twins. 

• Upvote 5

All 3 of mine were exclusively breastfed on demand and they demanded a lot! My period returned between 6-12 weeks postpartum. I was sooooo mad! Pretty sure my half sisters on either side of the family didn’t restart until months after weaning. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

All 3 of mine were exclusively breastfed on demand and they demanded a lot! My period returned between 6-12 weeks postpartum. I was sooooo mad! Pretty sure my half sisters on either side of the family didn’t restart until months after weaning. 

Mine too. So annoying. 

• Upvote 4

Here's the video. Why do people DO this? UGH

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Their video this week is also from the farm. They take Jeb and Jud with them. They got the grandparents lift assisted chairs (from a sponsorship company).  Ad for their nursery chair and the assisted chairs. Trace said they gave away the horses because Nathan and Lawson both moved away and they can't take care of them. Trace would love a couple aces and a horse. He mentions getting a quarter horse and a Tennessee Walker horse. He mentions the cost of upkeep so he isn't completely delusional. Papa Bill's farm has 43 cows with 3-4 more on the way. Jane said Papa Bill has fallen twice last week out of his chair so they are happy to bring the lift chair. They are concerned with his dementia that he won't remember how to work the chair though without Jane remembering how to use the controls. Trace, Jeb, and Jud help with some yard work. They are obviously there after Alyssa was there because Christmas decorations are all gone and Easter stuff is up (which is what Alyssa did when she was there). The boys prefer holding the camera and the baby over helping with the yard work. lol.  Janie loves to watch TN college basketball. Apparently Papa Bill met Jane when he was 23 and she was 22. He bumped into her floatie while surfing on the beach. Trace hates leaving the farm. Apparently Jeb and Jud will be back to the farm soon with Michael. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

18 hours ago, gobucks said:

They are concerned with his dementia that he won't remember how to work the chair though without Jane remembering how to use the controls.

Very likely a legitimate concern. Even my elderly patients without cognitive issues often struggled with remembering where they put the controls (yes, even when the little panel is on a cable) and which buttons to push.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

My mother would bring me her TV  remote and want me to call my brother on it for her.  Or she would use her phone to try to change channels; when she did use the remote on the TV she would get lost up in the high cable channels and I would have to get her back to regular channels.  She didn't have cognitive issues really, she was just 95 years old.

• Upvote 10

My 83-year-old dad always calls me whenever he has trouble with his TV.  He has the habit of hitting the output button on his remote and taking his TV out of HDMI1/Cable mode and has no clue how to get back there.  So, I end up going over there to straighten his TV out, which takes me all of two minutes.  Luckily, I only live 5 minutes away.  There are even times when I have gone over after 10 PM, dressed in my Comfy and pajama pants, to get the TV back to normal.  I do it because the TV is a major source of enjoyment for him at this stage of his life and the last thing that I want is for him sitting there for an indefinite length of time with no option to even use it.  

I finally put a Band-Aid over the remote output button to remind him not to touch it, and the TV calls have become somewhat less frequent now, but sometimes accidents happen. 

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 10

At least you live nearby! I get those calls a thousand miles away. (“No, not the fire stick, the other remote…the input button…INPUT…”)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2