IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

On Carlin’s Instagram stories today, she showed them driving to their beach vacation. And Zade is now rear-facing. She must have taken the comments to heart. 

It was also a cute/funny moment because Layla drew a particularly phallic-looking object and said it was her hand - Carlin giggled and told her it was beautiful. I thought it was a cute moment, haha. As a mom it made me laugh too 🤣

• Upvote 5

Vlog summary

1. They went to the zoo. Showed kids enjoying the zoo in several very short clips.

2. Evan spent an equal amount of time on a rant? (that was faux fake?) about "grilling" on his griddle. His rant was some sort of fundie "sarcastic": That everybody says you should make food at home because it's cheaper and it's healthier. But grilling (on his griddle, not a grill) is taking a lot of time and effort and money. He had to clean the griddle because last time "they" hadn't, which leads me to believe "last time" was the FIRST/ONLY time when he got it and other people came over to use the griddle.

Then it was maybe gonna rain so he acted all exasperated that he was finally set up to go but couldn't use his griddle. He says "I could have already had a nice meal at 5 guys with my family instead"

Evan....I'm concerned....do you know about the stove inside your house?  It heats food up without buying a tank of propane, cleaning a griddle you left gross, and whether it's raining or not.

3. Carlin got a haircut. It looks like a perfectly standard trimmed shorter haircut. Evan went on about it like it was a shocking change. They both discussed it awhile. ....which was very boring. This is not the first, or second, long boring discussion about Carlin's hair

4. The kids got haircuts.

5. Boutique photoshoot. Evan talked a lot. He didn't say anything.

His hat was stupidly backwards and floating. He called his viewers "clinging and attached"......Am *I* clinging and attached? [existential crisis ensues]. He made fancy 3 window/3 videos at same time edits of the dresses. I feel like he thinks this editing was amazing.

6. STEW CREW! you can get more shirts at the next cash n carry. They're thinking about setting up their own website for merch.....um....why can't you put your "stew crew" shirts on the boutique website??? Mystery. 

7. He turned his hat around the regular way. I wonder why. This was the most interesting thing in the video.

8. Discussion of some food item they discovered in NJ visiting Katie. ...Oh it was a smoothie from smoothie king (PB swizzle bowl). He claims it's healthy.  I refuse to rewind it but it sounds like he'd never experienced a smoothie before visiting Katie in NJ???

9. They've trained Layla to be paranoid about eating in the car (the tesla with white interiors) and they are very proud of her.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

Looks like the Stewarts are vacationing down in the Panhandle. Maybe I’m paranoid, but poor Zade is getting way too much sun. I want to put a rash guard and a hat on him so bad.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8c2a2a6ff5e6590a3afc92b2b1fa028f.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0f8633b0ed1ebceb72708d829da09c3b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Looks like the Stewarts are vacationing down in the Panhandle. Maybe I’m paranoid, but poor Zade is getting way too much sun. I want to put a rash guard and a hat on him so bad.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.8c2a2a6ff5e6590a3afc92b2b1fa028f.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0f8633b0ed1ebceb72708d829da09c3b.png

I rarely ever see babies without a rash guard at the pool. It’s about a million times easier because there’s much less of their body to smear sunscreen on. My babies always wore hats because they were baldies. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Omg, he’s so red! 

Layla was red faced as well. Poor kiddos. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

So, sunburned children aside, Evan is insulting viewers in the same video he is trying to sell merch?  And also they base at least a portion of their income on viewership of these videos?  Man, they are dumb.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Omg, he’s so red! 

that kid is gunna have skin cancer as a teen and leather faced at 25 

With how beauty conscious Carlin is doesn't she realise how aging the sun is.

My daughter has two sets of swimwear, indoor, like what carlin puts her kids in that we use for lessons and outdoor, which is long sleeve rasshys and and board shorts  I cover the rest of her skin in sunscreen, the little brown goddess still manages to turn the most beautiful brown despite my attempts to keep her white as snow. 

Its slip slop slap in our family

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I rarely ever see babies without a rash guard at the pool. It’s about a million times easier because there’s much less of their body to smear sunscreen on. My babies always wore hats because they were baldies. 

How did you get them to keep the hat on? My little toddler rips it off about 5 minutes in! Despite getting the ones that clip under her chin. She finds a way 🫠

On 8/4/2023 at 6:35 AM, Zebedee said:

. . . .

The idea of just letting unqualified, totally uneducated pastors be in charge of a church, spewing crap to groups of people is insane, let alone the damage they do when they turn their hand to "pastoral" care. And for this, they get 10% of everyone's income? Honestly, it seems like such a scam.

To be fair, the pastor himself doesn't get 10% of the member's income. Some of that goes to pay rent/mortgage, electricity, gas, water, garbage fees, secretary/finance person (if they have one), etc.

With how beauty conscious Carlin is doesn't she realise how aging the sun is.

Because she never wore a swimsuit growing up and was rarely if ever around someone who did to even see someone use sunblock. I have the same problem. But I've burnt enough times I'm getting lots better at remembering, LOL.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Keys said:

How did you get them to keep the hat on? My little toddler rips it off about 5 minutes in! Despite getting the ones that clip under her chin. She finds a way 🫠

Maybe it was all the complements 😂 I swear he got so much damn attention from strangers when my oldest wore a hat. Especially with a cute matching outfit. I think some babies can tolerate it better than others. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

My granddaughter who has always been a bit of a fashionista actually reached for and asked for hats.  We always complimented her on them so she wasn't a problem.  Grandson took some cajoling and bribery.  They're all different, but parents should at least try to protect fragile baby skin and not set their kids up from the get go.  Carlin just seems so oblivious to basic advice and knowledge.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I was quite concerned about the video content she posted Sunday(?) 

Evan was shooting it and Carlin was walking through a parking lot or on the sidewalk with Layla who is waving at someone. Apparently, some man told Layla she looked pretty and she is eating it up, as are Evan and Carlin. First of all, crappy content. Second, don't encourage your child to respond in such a way to strangers. The man may and probably is harmless but a quick thank you from Carlin or Evan would do. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Evan was shooting it and Carlin was walking through a parking lot or on the sidewalk with Layla who is waving at someone. Apparently, some man told Layla she looked pretty and she is eating it up, as are Evan and Carlin. First of all, crappy content. Second, don't encourage your child to respond in such a way to strangers. The man may and probably is harmless but a quick thank you from Carlin or Evan would do. 

I had the same thoughts. I’m not an overly nervous person, but when I saw her say that, it made me feel weird and worry that this man was inappropriate and they were encouraging her to engage with him and thought it was cute. Hopefully not, but it seems odd that a man would stop and tell a young child that she’s pretty. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I felt the same way. The lesson they were teaching Layla was that if a stranger tells you nice things about your appearance, you can trust him and consider him a nice person. Creepy. 

Being a beautiful princess is all Carlin talks to Layla about. She is teaching Layla that beauty is her most important feature and the only feature that is valued.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

I think I would have a hard time raising a girl due to the surrounding culture. I try hard not to complement girls on their looks because I don’t want to perpetuate the idea that looks are the most important thing in a girl’s life. I find other things to complement. My boys rarely get complemented on their looks now that they are older. When they were babies, people fawned over their cuteness. But as they got older, complements were about their abilities, intelligence, or sense of humor. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I would have a hard time raising a girl due to the surrounding culture. I try hard not to complement girls on their looks because I don’t want to perpetuate the idea that looks are the most important thing in a girl’s life. I find other things to complement. My boys rarely get complemented on their looks now that they are older. When they were babies, people fawned over their cuteness. But as they got older, complements were about their abilities, intelligence, or sense of humor. 

Agree, I’m careful about my wording to our daughter, too. I say lots of “you’re so smart”, “that’s so nice of you”, “mama is so proud of you”, etc. She gets a lot of “you’re so beautiful”, “look at those eyes”, “wow you’re going to be a heartbreaker” from strangers and family members. So I hope that it balances. 

• Upvote 5

I compliment my daughter's looks, problem-solving skills, helpfulness, creativity, artistic skills, etc.  I figure everything deserves it because dammit, she is adorable and wearing her guinea pig winter jacket and my shower cap around the house is fashionista level awesome.  But my dad would probably compliment a child - he might be aware it's socially weird so he might not - but he's a doting grandfather who has always loved kids.  I love giving compliments in general (even to strangers) because I feel like people don't hear enough of them, but I do try to keep them to things I know people chose like their outfits or their hair.

• Upvote 9

I always felt like an ugly duckling and was never told I was pretty as a child. 

I try to strike a balance with my daughter and do not often focus on appearance but occasionally I will throw in a beautiful comment about her appearance.

She is a pretty girl, and I know it sounds weird but I want her to know it, if it can give her a bit of confidence that I never had.

I know that I would have loved to hear it when I was little.

She seems to not have the body and physically hang ups I had as a kid (chubby red head with freckles that got picked on). She is a nice tanned brunette and it does help her not stand out  (physically)  to the bullies. 

It is a sad world but the more attractive you are the better you are treated and I am mindful that I am raising a child living in that world, who I want to be a change in that world...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 17

I believe I've seen Layla in 4 different swimsuits so far this vacation. I don't believe I ever owned more than 2 swimsuits at a time as a kid. The fast fashion consumption of the Bates is astounding.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

On 8/9/2023 at 7:30 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I always felt like an ugly duckling and was never told I was pretty as a child. 

I try to strike a balance with my daughter and do not often focus on appearance but occasionally I will throw in a beautiful comment about her appearance.

She is a pretty girl, and I know it sounds weird but I want her to know it, if it can give her a bit of confidence that I never had.

I know that I would have loved to hear it when I was little.

She seems to not have the body and physically hang ups I had as a kid (chubby red head with freckles that got picked on). She is a nice tanned brunette and it does help her not stand out  (physically)  to the bullies. 

It is a sad world but the more attractive you are the better you are treated and I am mindful that I am raising a child living in that world, who I want to be a change in that world...

Aww, between this and your recent post about her room you sound like a good mom. 💙

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I stand correct. This ridiculous falling-off-her-hips number is Layla's swimsuit #5.  Unless you own a pool, your toddler doesn't need own 5 swimsuits. Perhaps save for their higher education instead (who am I kidding?)

image.png.fec09d3456e456d788827f947b6e73ef.png

• Rufus Bless 1

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

At least they finally covered Z's sunburnt arms. Too little, too late though.

Aww I agree. She posted a story about how cute it was that his roles had heavy tan lines. 😞

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic