IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I do have 30-ish first cousins (would have to make a list to arrive at the exact number), and my husband has about 11 or 12, I think. Our kids, however, have a grand total of one first cousin. It's crazy how much smaller the generations get.

Yes. My mother had over 50 first cousins, I have 17, and neither me nor my brother are going to have kids. My wife’s only sibling isn’t going to either. My best friend had one child and she will be the only grandchild on both sides. I wonder what the birth statistics will end up being for my generation (millennials) once we’re out of our childbearing years, cause from here it looks like no one is having kids. Hardly any of my high school and college friends even had 1, and we’re in our late 30s to early 40s now.  

• Upvote 5

I have 11 first cousins over a 27-year age range. Most of them are clustered within a few years of my birth. I’m close to some, barely know others. 

My mother had over 50 first cousins, many of whom she never met. Her  father’s large family emigrated to at least 4 countries after World War I destroyed their village. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Yes. My mother had over 50 first cousins, I have 17, and neither me nor my brother are going to have kids. My wife’s only sibling isn’t going to either. My best friend had one child and she will be the only grandchild on both sides. I wonder what the birth statistics will end up being for my generation (millennials) once we’re out of our childbearing years, cause from here it looks like no one is having kids. Hardly any of my high school and college friends even had 1, and we’re in our late 30s to early 40s now.  

I graduated high school in 2000 and many of my friends have kids. But most only have 2 and that’s it because that’s all they can afford. A few are happily no kids couples. So based on my experience, the oldest millennials are having kids, but I think the younger millennials are the ones really deciding to not have kids. So we not see the consequences of this for years. And the government won’t do shit about it until it’s a real problem. Possibly there won’t be enough young people to fill jobs as an example. And everyone will blame the younger generation for being selfish jerks for not having kids. Not looking at how our government and culture making parenting ridiculously hard as the reason behind it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, gobucks said:

Wife tries something she hates for my birthday...

putt putt 

Clickbaity title much?

Combined with her horrified face on the thumbnail.

Classic Evan.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Well some asshat is having a concert somewhere behind my neighborhood that is VERY loud. So I'm going to watch Evan's latest since it will annoy me more than the concert level loud music that's being inflicted on me and maybe I can be distracted for a few moments....

1. more dentist "fun." I'm not sure why they always want us to watch them doing dental appts. We've recently seen Layla and Zade and now Carlin and Evan....wow. thrilling content. But wait there's more. The dental office is transitioning to online forms. So let's watch them fill out online forms. WOOOOOOWWWW. AMaZiNg!

2. Grilling! No, not on Evan's new grill. On Zack's grill! including stupid slow mo of grilling. Evan. nobody wants to watch slow mo of grilling and salting food. Please. PLEASE stop.

3. Zade got mosquito bites.  Can you believe it? Shocking! I'm honestly surprised this isn't the thumbnail "ZADES SHOCKING MEDICAL CONDITION!!"

4. Wash the dog.   OK Izzy holding her bone while she got a bath was adorable. 

5. Evan's hat is on front ways. It crushed his hair some. He still kept pulling it up and resettling it on his head over and over. Thrilling.

6. Evan's birthday. Carlin thinks Evan is soooo old at 28. "She acts like I'm practically 30" Yeah Evan, it's cuz you are practically 30.

7. 5 seconds Evan dance party. Um. yeah. so that happened.

8. Boring conversation about golf and golf clubs. Threatened to show us footage of him getting "fitted" for clubs. In a stroke of luck, he did not inflict that footage on us.

9. He got tesla merch for his birthday. Including a tesla umbrella. Why is there a tesla umbrella?? This makes me think of that Friends episode when Joey tries to pretend he owns a porsche (?) by buying a bunch of merch and wearing it while standing near a porsche parked on the street. Evan please watch that episode and realize that's how you appear. Only more creepy, because Elon Musk is very very creepy.

10. I dazed out for a awhile. There was boring stuff - including him sitting a sauna fully clothed. Do people sit in saunas just in street clothes?? That seems yucky.

11. Oh gawd he just orgasmically moaned when Carlin putted in the putt putt. Later he says "That was sick, babe"  Is he 12? I think he might be 12.

12. Carlin said something about Layla having "three more classes to do"  Yikes.

13. Then we got to listen to them plan out their chores. Carlin pointed out Evan's grey hairs and mocked him some more for being old. Evan seems to not like this while also being a good sport about it.

Whelp. That was very annoying and boring. Evan, please do something of substance with your life.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Well some asshat is having a concert somewhere behind my neighborhood that is VERY loud. So I'm going to watch Evan's latest since it will annoy me more than the concert level loud music that's being inflicted on me and maybe I can be distracted for a few moments....

1. more dentist "fun." I'm not sure why they always want us to watch them doing dental appts. We've recently seen Layla and Zade and now Carlin and Evan....wow. thrilling content. But wait there's more. The dental office is transitioning to online forms. So let's watch them fill out online forms. WOOOOOOWWWW. AMaZiNg!

2. Grilling! No, not on Evan's new grill. On Zack's grill! including stupid slow mo of grilling. Evan. nobody wants to watch slow mo of grilling and salting food. Please. PLEASE stop.

3. Zade got mosquito bites.  Can you believe it? Shocking! I'm honestly surprised this isn't the thumbnail "ZADES SHOCKING MEDICAL CONDITION!!"

5. Evan's hat is on front ways. It crushed his hair some. He still kept pulling it up and resettling it on his head over and over. Thrilling.

6. Evan's birthday. Carlin thinks Evan is soooo old at 28. "She acts like I'm practically 30" Yeah Evan, it's cuz you are practically 30.

8. Boring conversation about golf and golf clubs. Threatened to show us footage of him getting "fitted" for clubs. In a stroke of luck, he did not inflict that footage on us.

9. He got tesla merch for his birthday. Including a tesla umbrella. Why is there a tesla umbrella?? This makes me think of that Friends episode when Joey tries to pretend he owns a porsche (?) by buying a bunch of merch and wearing it while standing near a porsche parked on the street. Evan please watch that episode and realize that's how you appear. Only more creepy, because Elon Musk is very very creepy.

10. I dazed out for a awhile. There was boring stuff - including him sitting a sauna fully clothed. Do people sit in saunas just in street clothes?? That seems yucky.

11. Oh gawd he just orgasmically moaned when Carlin putted in the putt putt. Later he says "That was sick, babe"  Is he 12? I think he might be 12.

13. Then we got to listen to them plan out their chores. Carlin pointed out Evan's grey hairs and mocked him some more for being old. Evan seems to not like this while also being a good sport about it.

Whelp. That was very annoying and boring. Evan, please do something of substance with your life.

Thanks for making me laugh with this 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I watched it, too, and you covered it, other than both of them telling us they liked dental appointments when they were younger. Um, are they actually aliens? That would explain a lot.

we also learn that “Carlin likes neutrals.” Gripping news, that. 

Carlin apparently got him high-quality golf clubs for Father’s Day and his birthday. Between those and the Tesla, the social media/boutique business must pay well. I hope Carlin gets nice toys, too.

More footage of Carlin and the kids this time, so slightly more palatable than watching Evan wander around the hospital complex last week. But I still can’t figure out why people actually follow this annoying pair, 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Evan in the sauna is so random. I won't say most random thing ever because I know he will do something worse next week. We ended up with five full minutes of them playing mini-golf that included Evan complaining he didn't get to take the train to the top. I skipped most of it and he gave tips and commentary through most of that. We ended up with another shot of him dancing during that. Combined with Carlin trying on clothes for a photoshoot for the boutique, I'm not sure what their idea is any longer regarding content. 

• Upvote 2

He's run out of ideas.

His family is coming next week so I'm sure we'll get at least one quiet jazz montage of all of them sitting around *laughing* *smiling* and an older relative cuddling Layla and/or saying Layla is so smart/so cute or whatever.

Which is fine if that's your family. But stop recording it and just enjoy your family. 

I can't decide if Evan is so sheltered that he thinks that his many, many, many days of just putzing around are unique and fascinating?

The way he talked about everybody doing putt putt as a first or second date was weird to me. Putt Putt was a thing little kids did for birthday parties in my world growing up not a date option. But maybe that's me?

I mean I guess I can record myself feeding the dog, driving to work, typing on the computer, brushing my hair etc etc. I wouldn't though. It's so inane and useless.

I did like going to the dentist my whole life up until he retired. Apparently I had a very good dentist. The new dentist is ok but it's  not the same. But I do look forward to it still because I'm very paranoid about my teeth and I see it as a way to make sure I'm staying on track etc. so it's reassuring to me to go.(I started to have gum problems as I've aged)

• Upvote 5

I think mini golf is a great dating activity. Actually, though, back when we went a lot, it was a little different than putt-putt, in that it took more effort. I don't know if they are completely interchangeable now or specifically in some places, but they were not quite, when I was younger. 

Anyway, I think light activity dates are the best. Bowling, Top Golf, arcades, boardwalks, carnivals, etc. You gotta seek these things out more now, but they're making a comeback. 

• Upvote 6

My mother had zero first cousins. My father had 18. 

I have 15 first cousins. 

My kids have 6 first cousins (I am an only child, so it is all from my husbands side). 

I have no idea how many first cousins my husband has as most of them are overseas and we have never met. 

I find families fluxuate wildly from generation to generation. My mom is one of 8 kids, but only the girls had children. So far almost all my cousins have children though. On the other hand, my bff comes from a family with a dozen grandchildren but only three of them have kids. 

Edited by CanadianMamam

On 8/27/2023 at 11:59 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

. . . .

The way he talked about everybody doing putt putt as a first or second date was weird to me. Putt Putt was a thing little kids did for birthday parties in my world growing up not a date option. But maybe that's me?

. . . .

Well, they can't go to a movie or a bar. And putt putt may be less awkward with a chaperone than other options.

Carlin has her five day test scheduled, according to an IG q&a. I have a screenshot, but I can’t figure out how to post a hidden photo. 

• Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Sorry for editing several times, maybe I was successful now?

I give up.

Spoiler

Click on the eye next to the emoji button and this box comes up

13 minutes ago, Giraffe said:
  Hide contents

Click on the eye next to the emoji button and this box comes up

Yeah, but I can’t seem to upload a photo to the box. It shows up underneath the box. I’ve tried and had to delete the whole thing, or I edited and removed the photo all together. Maybe I need to use a computer not my iPhone?

2 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Yeah, but I can’t seem to upload a photo to the box. It shows up underneath the box. I’ve tried and had to delete the whole thing, or I edited and removed the photo all together. Maybe I need to use a computer not my iPhone?

That hidden box/eye button used to work for me, but recently I started having the same issue as you. I usually use and IPad or IPhone.

19 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

The Tesla logo looks like an IUD. Also, the Amazon Prime logo is kind of penisy. Just me?

Noooo I literally think of an IUD every time I see a Tesla hahaha (also work in obstetrics/women’s health though 🤣)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic