IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

Carlin's episodes seem to happen when she's sitting or standing. Two I can recall in a parking lot and the one while talking at church. There was also one at home, completely sedentary. Dr. Stewart has no clue what he's talking about talking on YT about requesting a treadmill. The doctors will put her in one (or not) as they see fit regardless of what Evan thinks. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:17 PM, Keys said:

That’s interesting. I’m in Canada and we use the word “vacation”. But if someone said “where are you going on holiday?”, I think most people would still know what they meant?

Where I am they are used synonymously. Growing up in the 80’s my dad had  « two weeks holidays » from work and it was « summer holidays » from school. Now, vacation is used much more but it was a fairly rapid switch.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Where I am they are used synonymously. Growing up in the 80’s my dad had  « two weeks holidays » from work and it was « summer holidays » from school. Now, vacation is used much more but it was a fairly rapid switch.

I love learning about the regional variations like this :)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I remember learning that “holiday” meant vacation from the song in the legendary rock opera movie Tommy, where they go away to a very, very, very bad Holiday Camp. I was a young teen when I saw it and was confused at first, but I think “holiday” sounds much happier than vacation.  Looking back now, that’s probably not what should have stood out lol.  I also like garden much more than yard, it sounds like you definitely have some flowers at least. 

I would guess maybe half the people I know would be able to figure out pretty quickly that “holiday” meant vacation in the right context. None would automatically use those words interchangeably though. 

21 hours ago, marmalade said:

Carlin's episodes seem to happen when she's sitting or standing. Two I can recall in a parking lot and the one while talking at church. There was also one at home, completely sedentary. Dr. Stewart has no clue what he's talking about talking on YT about requesting a treadmill. The doctors will put her in one (or not) as they see fit regardless of what Evan thinks. 

I remember a video of an earlier episode where she was lying on the floor in the hallway at his parents' house; it was like she was walking and just went down.  And didn't they mention one that she had walking across a parking lot?  That's why they were afraid for her to carry either of the kids, because if she went down she might drop one.

• Upvote 1

I remember during the trip to that massive vendor show that they said those bright lights were a trigger for her. Being overly tired, stressed, or sick are triggers for all patients with epilepsy. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I remember a video of an earlier episode where she was lying on the floor in the hallway at his parents' house; it was like she was walking and just went down.  And didn't they mention one that she had walking across a parking lot?  That's why they were afraid for her to carry either of the kids, because if she went down she might drop one.

Yeah, I mentioned the parking lot seizures. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I think there was also one at a little league baseball game near Nashville. 

There was one they filmed in a parking lot where Whitney and Zach were there. I remember being frustrated that Zach who had been a volunteer EMT and a law enforcement officer was not really doing much. They both had their kids there and he could have at the least gathered the kids in another location. 

Evan mentioned that she has had two episodes at the boutique and there was one when Alyssa was in town visiting. 

• Upvote 2

I'll be curious what if anything they actually tell us about all this. But no matter what they say I'll be very skeptical that it's the "whole truth" so to speak, which is fine, you don't owe us the truth. However, if they keep click baiting about her health problems without adding any resolution or details - that's a pretty shitty tease and horrible way to use your family for clicks.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@WatchingTheTireFireBurn I feel like - based solely on reports here because I really can't tolerate much of their content - that Carlin would rather not discuss her medical issues.  I'm guessing they feel some kind of obligation because they make their money from youtube and social media in general and that's about the only thing interesting about them.  Sorry, Evan, nobody cares about your tesla or your hair.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'll be curious what if anything they actually tell us about all this. But no matter what they say I'll be very skeptical that it's the "whole truth" so to speak, which is fine, you don't owe us the truth. However, if they keep click baiting about her health problems without adding any resolution or details - that's a pretty shitty tease and horrible way to use your family for clicks.

I had a wackadoodle prof who believed that epilepsy could sometimes indicate demonic possession (despite having a doctorate in psychology). Does anyone know if this is the stance of the IBLP? Does Carlin somewhat fear that she is seizing not due to electrical activity in her brain but due to being possessed? 

14 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I had a wackadoodle prof who believed that epilepsy could sometimes indicate demonic possession (despite having a doctorate in psychology). Does anyone know if this is the stance of the IBLP? Does Carlin somewhat fear that she is seizing not due to electrical activity in her brain but due to being possessed? 

Most in her corner of Christianity don't go quite that far with it. It is put on a personal responsibility. She's probably been taught that she's not close enough in her relationship with God. She needs to be more grateful. When my depression was at its worst, I got messages from my fundy cousins that if I prayed enough and left my worries to God that I'd feel better. 

I've heard of other people claiming demon possession, etc. However, most of the Southern Baptist and Independent Baptist churches don't go there because they are more in tune with it being your own fault. Even when it is a baby (my cousin's child) going through something like seizures, they will tend to blame it on the parents and that the baby is being brought up to believe the wrong thing or behave the wrong way. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

If they're living off SM income they're not doing a very good job with it. Their stuff is really boring.  IMO even if I'm being a BEC

• Upvote 1

Evan - I have episode ideas for you!

Show us the fronts and backs of all your hats and how they sit on your head without smushing your hair too much.

Give us a tour of your Tesla shrine!

Show us your hair care routine once the hat slights smushes your hair

Zoomed in fingernail clipping?....in SLOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOO (imagine deep distorted voice).

oh oh I know.....film yourself at the smoothie drive through debating the merits of the different options with insta polls! 

Stage a debate between carlin and your self on the relative merits of broccoli vs cauliflower

Oh hey - OR you could be honest about your religious beliefs?? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I think they could post a reaction video the Shiny Happy People documentary and get a million views. That's what they would do if they really wanted some clicks. 

ETA and yes, I did post "react to Shiny Happy People documentary" in one of his what do you want to see comment boxes. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 3

I am pretty behind, my computer broke, so still catching up. Wrt cousins, my brother and I have two first cousins. I don’t think I know many people with more than, say, five or six. And most of my family is Polish Catholic. Though my Polish grandparents had maybe ten cousins each. No one since the great grandparents has had more than three kids, and the British side are one of two as far back as we can find. Neither my cousins nor I have kids, so it’s just the two nephews in the younger generation. 

My partner has a Mercedes umbrella. And a bottle stop that looks like a gear stick. I didn’t know you could actually buy car meech like that, though. My aunt has a Merc, and the dealership just gives this stuff out. She already had them, so she passed them onto us. I have seen quite a few in the UK, weirdly never seen them in the wild in Germany, though. 

Right, time to open a beer, and start trying to catch up with JRod, starting a month ago. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Layla actually started a ballet and tap class! I'm happy for her that she gets this opportunity. 

🤯  :shocked:  :mouse-shock:  :shock:  :pink-shock:

I'm amazed and thrilled for Layla.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

On 9/9/2023 at 11:55 AM, gobucks said:

Layla actually started a ballet and tap class! I'm happy for her that she gets this opportunity. 

I sincerely hope they keep this up as long as she is interested. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I sincerely hope they keep this up as long as she is interested. 

And sign her up for other things if her interest in dance wanes. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Layla's excitement about dance is adorable. I hope she stays excited, though at three, who knows? I also hope they keep this up rather than just a one-time show for the cameras, and that they allow their kids to explore other activities. 

Carlin talked about Zade being happy to play on his own. She and Evan are so extroverted that Zade's personality may be hard for them to understand. Hopefully they allow Zade alone time. 

I could have lived without five minutes of card games, the real object of which was to allow Evan to throw water on Carlin. Evan's "challenges" always seem so mean-spirited. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, gobucks said:

Good for Carlin! Her parents would have never allowed that. It makes me hopeful that they might allow school at some point. Layla needs to be around other kids.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Good for Carlin! Her parents would have never allowed that. It makes me hopeful that they might allow school at some point. Layla needs to be around other kids.

I don’t think any of the current Bates kids with their own children now, except for Katie, will put their kids in school. I think the main reasons are that none of them want to adhere to the schedule of school and they don’t value education.

A child sitting by herself “doing pre-school” is the most asinine concept to me. Pre-school should be all about engaging with their peers and discovering the joy of learning.

Layla already rubs me the wrong way and I know it’s not her fault. She is so encouraged to the play the role of sassy cute princess dancer. Her personality seems wrapped up in posing for the camera and I find it so off putting. In contrast, I find Josie’s girls to be more genuinely cute because they seem real and not just constantly  performing.

• Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I don’t think any of the current Bates kids with their own children now, except for Katie, will put their kids in school. I think the main reasons are that none of them want to adhere to the schedule of school and they don’t value education.

A child sitting by herself “doing pre-school” is the most asinine concept to me. Pre-school should be all about engaging with their peers and discovering the joy of learning.

Layla already rubs me the wrong way and I know it’s not her fault. She is so encouraged to the play the role of sassy cute princess dancer. Her personality seems wrapped up in posing for the camera and I find it so off putting. In contrast, I find Josie’s girls to be more genuinely cute because they seem real and not just constantly  performing.

Agree on all points but Josie - I don't keep up with her so don't know.  Layla is being groomed into total diva and it's annoying. Put her in a pageant already (not really) and just go all out. The homeschool preschool thing is so depressing on so many levels. I guess they're grooming their next gen into perfect Trump supporters and whoever like-minded who comes next after trump. Ignorant, being proud of being ignorant, while also believing you're more savvy and smarter than everyone else, etc.

It's gross. How did we come to this? It's like mister rogers, reading rainbow, and sesame street failed completely.

• Upvote 5

I gotta agree with some of the criticism on Carlin's Insta right now. This shirt is inappropriate. Not because of sexuality, but because its simply ridiculous. I keep on saying it-- Raising Layla to be a preening diva is going to bite Carlin in the ass one day.

image.png.5d9b0ec2ce7ae7c07ed1e34235aa2fbb.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic