IGNORED

Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!

GreyhoundFan

Trump is posting on Truth Social, so He is Risen on this Easter morn. 

If y'all don't follow the hysterical and brilliant photoshopper Gary Peterson @GaryPetersonUSA on Twitter, start right now.  Gary is the guy at the podium in the tweet below. 

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Trump is posting on Truth Social, so He is Risen on this Easter morn.

At least part of him is.  Maybe he's irritable because another part that quit?

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Not the post I'd expect from a man who actually believes in the higher power he claims to and wants to celebrate and help spread good will and cheer among his Christian followers.

• Upvote 8

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7

Wow, Melanie actually joined him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

The panic is increasing:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

Donny is getting worried about Fani Willis and Jack Smith.

Spoiler

240661975_Screenshot(13457).png.e81f2a687cd3202c908dddd53b3f9381.png139562190_Screenshot(13458).png.f17061ae3d2475b9da3abbf03d0ec19d.png

I suppose someone has tried to explain to him that the Presidential Records Act doesn't mean that he can magically declare a document declassified.  Even so, he seems to think that he can get the public to believe him.  

I wonder how long it took him to come up with "George Slopahopoulos"?

ETA:  I see that @GreyhoundFan beat me to it!

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I suppose someone has tried to explain to him that the Presidential Records Act doesn't mean that he can magically declare a document declassified.  Even so, he seems to think that he can get the public to believe him.

No doubt, and I'm sure his response was "YES I CAN!"

I believe he's very worried and should be.  His problems seem to be growing vs. going away and his stream of capitalized ranting posts at all hours aren't making a visible difference.  His followers aren't raising hell for him and it wouldn't matter if they did.  Pence has been subpoenaed.  His presidential campaign currently appears to consist of an occasional rally with absurdly dressed leghumpers plus sales of weirdly doctored images of him.  Decent legal help is getting hard to find. 

There was a time when he was very admired in NY.  I'm sure he was on many, or most, of the elite's "A" lists.  His persona exuded success.  I can recall no photos of him, around that time, posing thumbs-up with freaks.  And look at him now.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Gosh, could this mean that Trump's financials aren't as good as he likes to make them out to be? Could it be that he is far more in debt than he wants publicly known? Surely not... 

Spoiler

Former President Donald Trump is violating a federal financial disclosure law, and the Federal Election Commission is telling him to comply immediately — or face financial penalties, according to a letter obtained by Raw Story.

Trump had previously applied for, and received, two extensions on the filing deadline as he runs for president ahead of the 2024 election. Then, in a letter dated March 15, Trump lawyer Derek H. Ross asked for an additional 30-day extension for Trump, citing "complexities of his financial holdings."

But the FEC denied his most recent request, saying he had reached the maximum of 90 days allowed under law.

"As no further extension of time is available, Mr. Trump’s deadline for filing his personal financial disclosure report remains March 15, 2023," acting FEC general counsel Lisa Stevenson wrote back to Ross on March 16. "Under section 104(d) of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended, '[a]ny individual who files a report required to be filed under this title more than 30 days after [the due date, as extended] shall … pay a filing fee of $200.'"

Trump's financial disclosure, required of all presidential candidates, would reveal information about his income, assets, debts and royalties.

Trump routinely filed personal financial disclosures on time as a presidential candidate and as president. Such personal financial disclosure documents materially differ from Trump's tax returns — the subject of significant legal and political drama regarding Trump — in that they generally contain less information.

"This looks like a continuation of a pattern of disregard for both the informal norms and formal rules around government ethics and the broader expectations we have for political leaders and elected officials," said Dylan Hedtler-Gaudette, government affairs manager at the D.C.-based nonprofit watchdog organization Project on Government Oversight.

The problem, said Hedtler Gaudette, is that the penalty of $200 is useless as a deterrent.

"As is true in other contexts, like the STOCK Act, when consequences are virtually nonexistent and punishment is nominal at best, the deterrent effect of these kinds of rules is minimal," he said. "A law without teeth to enforce it is an exercise in futility in most cases, even if we should be able to trust elected officials and political candidates to abide by them out of respect and propriety."

Paying a small federal fine is probably the least of Trump's current legal worries, at present.

The former president faces numerous points of legal peril, including potential prosecution in New York related to hush-money payments to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

Officials in Georgia are also investigating Trump for his role in meddling with the results of the 2020 election. Meanwhile in Washington, D.C., special counsel Jack Smith is investigating whether Trump illegally retained sensitive government documents after leaving the White House — and then stifled government efforts to take them back.

Trump has maintained he's innocent.

• Thank You 11

Grandpa Shouty is still posting crap on Truth Social.  I sense that he's trying to make every investigation into his illegalities about voter fraud.  If he can just get the MAGA crowd to believe that everything that's done is about trying to keep them from voting Republican, he thinks he has a chance.  He doesn't.

And he really, really wants DeSantis to drop out.  

Spoiler

571991708_Screenshot(13472).png.9a0fc17435ef0acfd1fbcb7868a164d4.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Grandpa Ranty must have heard that Barr said he didn’t have a right to take the classified docs:

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Xan said:

Grandpa Shouty is still posting crap on Truth Social.  I sense that he's trying to make every investigation into his illegalities about voter fraud.  If he can just get the MAGA crowd to believe that everything that's done is about trying to keep them from voting Republican, he thinks he has a chance.  He doesn't.

And he really, really wants DeSantis to drop out.  

Hide contents

571991708_Screenshot(13472).png.9a0fc17435ef0acfd1fbcb7868a164d4.png

It's now at least a few times that he has made reference to "Soviet" in a derogatory way.  Has Vlad stopped returning some phone calls or could this be attempted deflection from what may have been and what may be a solid, mutual relationship?

• Upvote 12

24 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

It's now at least a few times that he has made reference to "Soviet" in a derogatory way.  Has Vlad stopped returning some phone calls or could this be attempted deflection from what may have been and what may be a solid, mutual relationship?

Technically, I think the Russians are no longer Soviets.  That ended when the Soviet Union ended in 1991.  Putin wasn't put in office until 2000 so Donny is trying to imply that the Democrats are like the old pre-Putin Russians.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

How can DeSantis be on a month-long presidential campaign if he hasn't declared his candidacy?

• Upvote 9

And the grift goes on:

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 8

1 hour ago, Becky said:

PT Barnum was right.

I expect that those who fall for this sort of thing are then pestered incessantly with propoganda and requests for more money, with deadlines.

I don't pity them, though I do think they're pathetic.

• Upvote 6

Oh, please

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, please

Sure, I'd want some grossly overweight pussy-grabber who can't stfu in a foxhole with me.  Who wouldn't?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

My eyes hurt from rolling 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 4

I wish more judges would do this. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

34 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My eyes hurt from rolling 

I know what this great patriot is thinking: