IGNORED

Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!

GreyhoundFan

So, it appears a storm is coming and this might be indictment week -- hopefully the first of many.

Of course he is trying to whip his numbskull followers into a protesting frenzy. It's not working at this point:

Continued from here:

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So, it appears a storm is coming and this might be indictment week -- hopefully the first of many.

https://y.yarn.co/dd15553b-c5f8-446b-abd9-e94748d2a7c6.mp4

I have purchased carrot cake. I am ready.

If this takes longer than expected, I will be fine - carrot cake freezes and defrosts well.

• Upvote 9

TFG’s week is getting worse:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

34 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

TFG’s week is getting worse:

I’d love to see Hillary Clinton outside Trump Tower leading the chant. Lock him up!  Lock him up! Lock him up!

• I Agree 8

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/us/politics/trump-pending-indictment.html

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
  Fucknut’s own Sunset Blvd. 

Spoiler

Trump at Mar-a-Lago: Magical Thinking and a Perp-Walk Fixation

Those who have spent time with Donald Trump in recent days say he has often appeared significantly disconnected from the severity of his potential legal woes.

Donald J. Trump claims he is ready for his perp walk.

Behind closed doors at Mar-a-Lago, the former president has told friends and associates that he welcomes the idea of being paraded by the authorities before a throng of reporters and news cameras. He has even mused openly about whether he should smile for the assembled media, and he has pondered how the public would react and is said to have described the potential spectacle as a fun experience.

No one is quite sure whether his remarks are bravado or genuine resignation about what lies ahead.

If he is truly looking forward to it, he might be disappointed.

There is no indication, even if Mr. Trump is charged, that the authorities would have him take part in that storied New York City law-enforcement tradition known by detectives and crime reporters alike — walking the newly arrested past a cluster of journalists. If Mr. Trump is indicted and surrenders voluntarily, arrangements are likely to be made between the Secret Service and law enforcement to avoid a media circus.

Another person who has spoken with Mr. Trump, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said the former president was less concerned with the particulars of where he would be seen than with being assured of the opportunity to show the public he is not slinking away in shame.

As he waits for a likely criminal indictment — making him the first current or former American president to face criminal charges — Mr. Trump has often appeared significantly disconnected from the severity of his potential legal woes, according to people who have spent time with him in recent days. He has been spotted zipping around his Palm Beach resort in his golf cart and on one recent evening acted as D.J. at a party with his personally curated Spotify playlists, which often include music from the Rolling Stones to “The Phantom of the Opera.”

When Mr. Trump has focused on the case — one of four criminal investigations in Georgia, New York and Washington now facing the front-runner for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination — he has concentrated on projecting strength and avoiding any signals of shame over his circumstances, an approach that mirrors his handling of repeated political crises and his flair for creating dramatic, made-for-TV moments. Seeing Mr. Trump after a court appearance could also galvanize his supporters, whom Mr. Trump urged over the weekend to protest in the event of his arrest.

“He wants to be defiant — to show the world that if they can try to do this to him, they can do it to anyone,” said one person who spoke to Mr. Trump over the weekend.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

22 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

“He wants to be defiant — to show the world that if they can try to do this to him, they can do it to anyone,” said one person who spoke to Mr. Trump over the weekend.

I’ve never understood how the right uses this all the time and how I’m sure it works for the normal Fox viewer. Most Americans don’t cheat, scam, fraud, etc. If I know in my daily life that I’m not doing anything that could remotely be seen as criminal, why would the government come after to me? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Yeah, I don't see fuck nut's Secret Service detail going into exile with him to a place like the Soviet Union Russia.  That's going beyond what the American people should expect of Secret Service agents to go into permanent exile with a man who doesn't give two shits about them.  And even if he did flee to Russia without Secret Service protection he'd probably find his way to a window in no time at all since he'd be a liability to Vlad the Fuck.  Or Vlad would put him on a flight back this way.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 9

My guess is that he has at least one established residence in the Middle East.  I won't be surprised if a plane lands near Mar-a-Lago very late some night and then he's gone.

• Upvote 6

And it continues:

More:

Spoiler

• Thank You 12

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

And it continues:

More:

Reveal hidden contents

The deadlines were met:

• Thank You 7

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The case fully disproven? Donnie baby, saying it in a bargain basement version of twitter doesn’t make it true. Just sayn’. 

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I’d love to see Hillary Clinton outside Trump Tower leading the chant. Lock him up!  Lock him up! Lock him up!

I rather prefer the mental image of her just hanging out at home, enjoying her freedom and the possibility that he may finally get what he deserves.

13 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
  Fucknut’s own Sunset Blvd. 

What a great image! Especially if he wears the Salome outfit and the stick-on sequins!

I'm sure there's a stairway like that somewhere in Mar-a-lago.

Spoiler

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

But, but, but... we want this week to be indictment week! :sad-pacing:

Trump 'hush money' grand jury called off for Wednesday, delaying possible indictment vote

The Manhattan 'hush-money' grand jury has been told not to come in on Wednesday, a cancellation that comes on the brink of a possible historic indictment vote of former President Donald Trump, according to two law enforcement officers.

And while nothing beyond Wednesday is set in stone, it is unlikely that the grand jury will meet at all this week, said one of the law enforcement sources, who spoke to Insider on condition of anonymity.

The grand jury has been meeting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays to hear evidence of Trump's alleged role in approving a 2016 election-eve payment of $130,000 to adult film actress Stormy Daniels, money that federal prosecutors have called an illegal campaign expenditure.

Star prosecution witness Michael Cohen had told reporters as recently as last week that he had expected to be the grand jury's final witness. Had that remained the plan, Cohen's testimony, which concluded last Wednesday, would have been quickly followed by deliberation and a vote.

But today's pause in the grand jury's activity — especially if the panel does take the rest of this week off — will likely delay the process into next week.

Grand juries convene in secret, and prosecutors are statutorily barred from discussing what they do. 

The pause comes after unexpected testimony Monday by Robert Costello, who was allowed to address the grand jurors at the defense's request. Costello, who previously served as Cohen's legal advisor, said at a press conference Monday that he attacked his former client's credibility during his testimony. Cohen had just spent two days of testimony walking grand jurors through the chronology of Trump's involvement in the payment.

It is unclear why District Attorney Alvin Bragg, whose office has been presenting evidence against Trump since mid-January, temporarily hit the brakes. The reason for the pause could be unrelated to the grand jury's investigation. 

It is also possible that prosecutors are executing a shift in strategy. 

In a Wednesday post to Truth Social, Trump wrote that Bragg "is having a hard time with the Grand Jury, especially after the powerful testimony against him by Felon Cohen's highly respected former lawyer."

Prosecutors are barred from divulging grand jury details; Bragg's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

• Thank You 8

I’m eating my indictment snacks early. This man is never going to get held accountable.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I’m eating my indictment snacks early. This man is never going to get held accountable.

Oh, he most assuredly is going to be held accountable. This is just a short delay. I'd prefer Bragg to dot every i and cross every t so that Trump not only gets indicted, but convicted and sentenced. If that takes a little more time, then so be it. So eat away, and be prepared to snack some more next week. 

• Upvote 11

I wonder if they're just saying they probably won't meet this week in an effort to keep the grand jury safe.  Maybe they'll still meet and announce it afterwards.  

I saw this image on another site.  It was created by AI and I could spot that it was artificial right away.

1864879942_Screenshot(13157).png.c337dbe2bed2844fdd36498d98c11123.png

You got it too, right?  Donny doesn't run -- ever.

• Upvote 10

The Feds have said all the online chatter right now is primarily just wind and bullshit

Federal officials, including those at the FBI and Department of Homeland Security, are monitoring what they say has been an uptick in violent rhetoric online including calls for “civil war” since former President Donald Trump asked supporters to “protest” what he said was his impending arrest.

But the online chatter has been just that – and has lacked the actionable information, coordination and volume that preceded the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, US officials and security experts tell CNN.

An intelligence memo from US Capitol Police on Sunday downplayed the current threat, saying there was “no indication of large-scale organized protests and/or violence” like what was observed in the lead-up to January 6. The memo also cautioned that while Trump’s influence with moderate conservatives has “waned since he left office, some of his most ardent supporters continue to condone political violence and continue to be willing to fight on behalf of the former president.”

That dynamic has led to a cautious response from the Biden administration, which has refrained from making too much of the chatter and been careful about what it shares regarding potentially violent rhetoric with state and local law enforcement, a senior US official familiar with the online chatter told CNN.

I still hope they're out there and ready to clamp down fucking hard if fuck nut's Branch Trumpvidian whack jobs try anything stupid.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I'll restock my indictment snacks!

The only snacks we had in the house was the half bag of Chex mix. 

• Upvote 2

"Trump lawyer must turn over evidence on classified documents, court rules"

A federal appeals court has ruled that a lawyer for Donald Trump must provide notes, transcripts and other evidence to prosecutors investigating how classified documents remained at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago home months after a subpoena to return all sensitive files, according to court records and people familiar with the matter.

The panel of three judges issued a brief order Wednesday afternoon directing the parties “to comply with the district court’s March 17, 2023, order to produce documents” and ending an emergency hold on a ruling last week by a lower-court judge.

Trump’s legal team had appealed that ruling, which said the lawyer, Evan Corcoran, must provide evidence to prosecutors because his legal services may have been used to facilitate a possible crime — obstruction of government attempts to recover highly sensitive documents — according to people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sealed court proceedings.

Lawyers for the former president had argued that the material being sought was protected by attorney-client privilege, which in most instances shields any communications between a lawyer and a client. Prosecutors responded — and U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell ultimately agreed — that the “crime-fraud exception” to attorney-client privilege applied in this case, the people familiar with the matter said.

As part of Howell’s ruling, Corcoran was ordered to give the Justice Department notes, transcripts of recordings, and invoices in his possession, according to a person familiar with the matter, who said the judge has reviewed that material and concluded there was evidence suggesting Trump may have misled his own attorneys in the classified-documents matter. The details of Howell’s ruling were first reported by ABC News.

Federal court docket entries shows the appeals panel worked on unusually short schedule — one side in the case had to file its papers by midnight Tuesday, and the other by 6 a.m. Wednesday.

On the panel were Florence Pan, a former D.C. Superior Court judge, and J. Michelle Childs, a former South Carolina judge. Both were nominated by President Biden to the federal bench, and Childs was on the president’s shortlist of potential nominees to fill the Supreme Court opening created by the retirement of Justice Stephen G. Breyer. The third judge on the panel, Cornelia T.L. Pillard, was nominated by President Barack Obama.

The appeal will continue, with briefs due in May. But without a hold on Howell’s order, prosecutors can review the evidence while Trump’s legal team argues against its use.

It’s possible the former president will seek to carry the fight up to the Supreme Court, though it’s not clear he would have a much better chance of success there.

The fight for Corcoran’s information highlights the degree to which prosecutors are trying to gather all of the available evidence about conversations among Trump and his advisers after they received a subpoena in May of last year seeking all documents with classified markings.

In the closed-court arguments over Corcoran’s testimony and evidence, lawyers for special counsel Jack Smith, who is leading the Justice Department investigation in the documents case, said there is evidence of a deliberate effort not to turn over all the material covered by the subpoena, according to people familiar with the matter.

After hearing from both sides, Howell ruled in favor of the prosecution, and suggested that Trump’s legal team may not have been completely honest in its arguments about the issue, according to one person familiar with the matter.

The classified-documents investigation is one of several criminal probes focused on Trump. Smith is also overseeing a Justice Department examination of Trump’s alleged efforts to block the results of the 2020 election, while a Manhattan grand jury is hearing evidence of possible falsification of business records concerning hush-money payments, and an Atlanta-area grand jury is weighing charges in a probe of activity around that state’s 2020 election results.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

• GreyhoundFan changed the title to Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic