IGNORED

Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!

GreyhoundFan

Oh, if this is true, Trump is well and truly screwed!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

So many people lining the streets, cheering Trump on! Oh, wait...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

I have this niggling feeling that something - apart from the scheduled stuff - will go down in NY today or tomorrow 🫣 I had that same feeling on 6th January 2021 just before shit started hitting the fan …

Is it just me or is anyone else having similar weird feelings?

(I sure hope I’m wrong!)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

38 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I have this niggling feeling that something - apart from the scheduled stuff - will go down in NY today or tomorrow 🫣 I had that same feeling on 6th January 2021 just before shit started hitting the fan …

(I sure hope I’m wrong!)

Full on revolution in the streets? God, I hope not.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

• Upvote 9

Norman Desmond is ready for his close up

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 5

• Eyeroll 8
  • Thank You 4

18 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yea but think of the ratings. Would have thunk The Fucking Git would want cameras. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it's rich that they don't want cameras. They could have done this on Zoom but he wanted a spectacle. But they don't want anyone to hear the actual charges.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Yea but think of the ratings. Would have thunk The Fucking Git would want cameras. 

I think only when he's in control, and he won't be during the arraignment.  Also, without video evidence he'll be able to create a more favorable narrative for himself and I expect his lawyers will be looking for the smallest irregularity in the proceedings to object to.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

(I sure hope I’m wrong!)

I found myself honestly a little surprised that the plane actually flew to NYC rather than leaving the country.  (Unless -- maybe it was a stunt double playing him in that plane...)

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I found myself honestly a little surprised that the plane actually flew to NYC rather than leaving the country.  (Unless -- maybe it was a stunt double playing him in that plane...)

No, it was Donny.  You could tell because, when they got to Trump Tower, we waved at his non-existent crowd of fans.  I guess he thinks he can crop the photo so you only see the wave.  It must've really disappointed him to get out of the car and not see thousands of MAGAs cheering him on.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Xan said:

No, it was Donny.  You could tell because, when they got to Trump Tower, we waved at his non-existent crowd of fans.  I guess he thinks he can crop the photo so you only see the wave.  It must've really disappointed him to get out of the car and not see thousands of MAGAs cheering him on.

I imagine the other people who live in the building are pissed because of all the security and media nearby.  Must be a job getting in and out of there.  He may be getting a lot of look-aways and dirty looks for that and other reasons.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I imagine the other people who live in the building are pissed because of all the security and media nearby.  Must be a job getting in and out of there.  He may be getting a lot of look-aways and dirty looks for that and other reasons.

12 years ago President Obama visited the place I was working at.  That was fun.  I left for work at 3:30am just so I wouldn't have to walk overly far.  They had most of the parking lot closed off.  I left right after his speech was done so I could get out of town before the President left the plant because I didn't deal with the traffic snarls at the like.  I was exhausted the rest of that week and remember sleeping pretty good Friday going into Saturday that weekend.

• Upvote 9

Yes. 

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

12 years ago President Obama visited the place I was working at.  That was fun.  I left for work at 3:30am just so I wouldn't have to walk overly far.  They had most of the parking lot closed off.  I left right after his speech was done so I could get out of town before the President left the plant because I didn't deal with the traffic snarls at the like.  I was exhausted the rest of that week and remember sleeping pretty good Friday going into Saturday that weekend.

Obama came to my town to speak at the National Women’s Hall of Fame.  It must have been a last-minute arrangement, since I don’t remember any advance notice(I knew he was going to speak in Auburn, about 12 miles away).  I left work at 3:30, taking public transportation, and I must have been on the bus for two hours because the roadblocks and police presence was IN. SANE.

• Upvote 4

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, they could bill him, but you know he won't pay.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

His attorneys are arguing that cameras will detract from the "dignity and decorum" of the courtroom? You know what will actually detract from that? Trump. He wouldn't know "dignity and decorum" if he was beaten over the head with it.

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think only when he's in control, and he won't be during the arraignment.  Also, without video evidence he'll be able to create a more favorable narrative for himself and I expect his lawyers will be looking for the smallest irregularity in the proceedings to object to.

I think this is it. His followers will believe anything he says even with video evidence to the contrary, but just in case it's safer to prevent the possibility of a few of them seeing the truth. 

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Obama came to my town to speak at the National Women’s Hall of Fame.  It must have been a last-minute arrangement, since I don’t remember any advance notice(I knew he was going to speak in Auburn, about 12 miles away).  I left work at 3:30, taking public transportation, and I must have been on the bus for two hours because the roadblocks and police presence was IN. SANE.

In, I think it was 2012, the Democratic convention was here. Obama was to be there of course, accepting the nomination. The majority of the convention was in the basketball arena in uptown, but the final night with Obama's speech was to be at the football stadium. The building I worked in was basically beside the stadium - kitty corner across from it at an intersection. Naturally we were within the tightest part of the security perimeter. There were multiple visits by secret service, with dogs, advance meetings with our boss, and intensive planning in place to figure out where we would park and how we would get to work that day (I'm not sure if boss was too cheap to allow the day off, or if he felt like since we were doing some printing for the convention he'd need everyone there in case of last minute jobs coming in). 

Luckily for me, it rained the day of. The speech was moved to the basketball arena, but most people were avoiding the area anyway, so it was a ghost town around my work that day. They had put up some pretty intense fencing, and that was there, but not blocking the roads and such. 

Several of my clients who lived in town went on long vacations and rented out their apartments and condos to people in town for the convention.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic