IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

39 minutes ago, gobucks said:

This week's video~ They went on a lake day with friends or family. Kids memorized Bible verses for Awanas class at church. Alyssa had hives on her hands back in July at the farm. Apparently, it has now turned into chronic contact dermatitis on her hands. The dermatologist said around her nail beds are peeling and red because of dishes, chores, cleaners, etc. Derm called it "mom hands". She got cream and medicine. She is now using gloves to clean bathrooms and do dishes to help. Mia went to the groomer and later that day, she was squinting one eye. They had to take her to the vet and she had scratches on her eye. Could have been groomer, could have been herself with her paws, could have been when she was digging in the trash can. She got eye drops and had a cone. It helped. She looked better by the end of the video. Hope they aren't taking her to a bad groomer! Poor pup! 

It’s sad that I’m impressed they got their pet actual medical care. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:03 PM, gobucks said:

This week's video~ They went on a lake day with friends or family. Kids memorized Bible verses for Awanas class at church. Alyssa had hives on her hands back in July at the farm. Apparently, it has now turned into chronic contact dermatitis on her hands. The dermatologist said around her nail beds are peeling and red because of dishes, chores, cleaners, etc. Derm called it "mom hands". She got cream and medicine. She is now using gloves to clean bathrooms and do dishes to help. Mia went to the groomer and later that day, she was squinting one eye. They had to take her to the vet and she had scratches on her eye. Could have been groomer, could have been herself with her paws, could have been when she was digging in the trash can. She got eye drops and had a cone. It helped. She looked better by the end of the video. Hope they aren't taking her to a bad groomer! Poor pup! 

Watching it, I thought, "That farm trip is the gift that keeps giving!" Three families with something (cough, hives).

• Upvote 2

On 8/19/2023 at 9:06 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I really hope Allie was reading a children’s Bible and not the KJV, but I have my doubts. She’s what, 8? I cannot imagine it being a good idea for an 8 year old to read the Bible at all, really, except for maybe select passages. At 8 kids are not ready for the language or the metaphors and analogies, and they have no context for understanding what the stories mean. As other people have mentioned, there is a lot of rape, incest, genocide, mass death, etc in the Bible — not appropriate topics for a young child, especially one who doesn’t get enough attention to actually discuss these things with her parents. 

I mean, I am old but I remember being given a bible at summer camp when I was in 3rd or 4th grade and instructed to read a bit every day. I feel like fundies still teach/parent like it is the late 80s/early 90s.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Watching it, I thought, "That farm trip is the gift that keeps giving!" Three families with something (cough, hives).

I think RSV for Rhett, bronchitis and Katie, and now this! Evan said he had "allergies" after the trip. You don't have allergies when half your extended family is sick. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, gobucks said:

I think RSV for Rhett, bronchitis and Katie, and now this! Evan said he had "allergies" after the trip. You don't have allergies when half your extended family is sick. 

Exactly. And Covid cases are on the rise.

• Upvote 6

I keep getting floor plans in my FB feed. I don’t mind, cause I’ve always loved floor plans. I need to ask if “dinning” in this context is correct? Or is the maker non-native English (like me)? Or bad at spelling like Alyssa? I’ve seen it several times. Although a floor plan including a prayer room like this I have not seen before. 42BD5F41-C533-4E15-81B5-06576CC8A476.thumb.png.1b8df1d5d861974d231b985f3758f141.png

1 hour ago, Cupcake79 said:

I keep getting floor plans in my FB feed. I don’t mind, cause I’ve always loved floor plans. I need to ask if “dinning” in this context is correct? Or is the maker non-native English (like me)? Or bad at spelling like Alyssa? I’ve seen it several times. Although a floor plan including a prayer room like this I have not seen before. 42BD5F41-C533-4E15-81B5-06576CC8A476.thumb.png.1b8df1d5d861974d231b985f3758f141.png

I think they might be non-native English, but also they might just be an English speaker who doesn't know how to spell dining. It feels like people no longer pay attention to general rules about how words are formed, setting aside people who have spelling difficulties for other reasons such as dyslexia. 

They are definitely not natively American, as the rooms would be labeled differently. 

Edited by backyard sylph
clarity
  • Upvote 2

I think it’s because spell check may won’t highlight dinning as an improper spelling. I think many people rely on spell check. So if it’s not corrected or underlined, it must be correct. The word “din” means a loud unpleasant noise. So dinning is an actual word. That’s why they don’t realize it’s misspelled. 

• Upvote 1

I love looking at floor plans and that one obviously has some issues. Every bedroom, except one, has a toilet room attached, but none have showers or tubs. One bedroom has a room attached with two toilets in it. This isn’t a “real” floor plan.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I love looking at floor plans and that one obviously has some issues. Every bedroom, except one, has a toilet room attached, but none have showers or tubs. One bedroom has a room attached with two toilets in it. This isn’t a “real” floor plan.

Not just no showers, also no sinks! Very odd. Must be AI?  As far as spelling, I know a lot of the captions on reels and similar media are somehow auto generated and can have some hilarious misspellings and word substitutions. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JDuggs said:

One bedroom has a room attached with two toilets in it.

Clearly someone doesn't like a good bonding BM.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, JDuggs said:

Even weirder is I looked up the account, because floor plans are fun, and the guy seems real-ish He seems to do this as a job. Couldn’t tell what country. He has tons of posts with plans and photos of exteriors. This was the only obviously extremely strange one, and had tons of comments- which seemed equally divided between admiring the prayer room and wondering where the hell the showers and sinks were. A couple others seemed lacking in some crucial element, but this one was the most noticeable. Maybe he uses some strange program that glitched? So strange

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, Giraffe said:

Also has two toilets in the primary bathroom which is possible but highly unlikely to be real. 

I think that might be a closet because there is already a toilet off the bedroom/prayer room bedroom suite.

Edited by SoSoNosy

• 2 weeks later...

OK I haven't been in this thread or FJ in a while but still see Alyssa's stories. Is anyone else bothered by her obsession with the "moody" filter she uses not just on herself but her kids? It gives an overly smooth plastic botox feel to their skin and makes pointy noses, so weird to apply that to little kids.

• Upvote 3

Alyssa just posted a YT video featuring her 5 year old’s hospital visits 🙄. She also spelled her name wrong in the title of the video. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Alyssa just posted a YT video featuring her 5 year old’s hospital visits 🙄. She also spelled her name wrong in the title of the video. 

Well. Not really. Their editor spelled her name wrong in the title.

Z was having a racing heart. Alyssa monitored her via Apple Watch and caught some HRs in the 190s. They decided not to wait until Monday for an appt with the cardiologist and headed to the children's hospital. Alyssa said she didn't pick up the camera to update the vlog the first day it happened because she was concerned for her child and focused on that. I cannot imagine having any desire to pick up a camera and vlog when I am concerned for my child's health! Z is just smiling and answering questions.... but still...Put down the camera and comfort her! They don't get any answers at the ER but head to a cardiologist the next day, the same that did Alyssa's surgeries. They did echo, ekg, etc and gave them some info to watch for but they didn't find any specific issues at this time. They do mention she maybe enjoyed the attention after the initial racing heart incident. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Well. Not really. Their editor spelled her name wrong in the title. 

I was wondering about that honestly. I wasn’t sure if editors posted the videos or just…edited the content. Would she not write off on a video before it’s posted?

16 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I was wondering about that honestly. I wasn’t sure if editors posted the videos or just…edited the content. Would she not write off on a video before it’s posted?

I assumed the editor uploaded the videos. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2023 at 8:01 AM, Cupcake79 said:

Did anyone else notice “verandah”

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Did anyone else notice “verandah”

The variant spelling bothered me less than not just calling it a fucking porch.

• Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic