IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

I actually find that post a little concerning if it shows how Tiffany really experiences her marriage. I think it's a possibility she simply repeated conservative talking points but... I'm not sure.

And Kristen Nicole Young immediately comes to mind, exactly that (sanctification through suffering in marriage) is a big issue of hers and she's written similar texts. And we all know what an absolute mess and nightmare her marriage is. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 8

I told you guys these two will be the first bates couple to divorce. But I don’t think it will be soon. I think it will be a few more years. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I told you guys these two will be the first bates couple to divorce. But I don’t think it will be soon. I think it will be a few more years. 

with a child, or without?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

with a child, or without?

Ooooh that’s a hard one. I think they are probably dealing with some sort of infertility so it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t be surprised if they divorce in 3-5 years with one child. 

When you deal with infertility, I think it’s easy to blame your unhappiness on the infertility. But if they actually get what they want, they might realize the unhappiness wasn’t totally the infertility but also the marriage problems.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Do we know if they've actually consulted doctors and ran tests? That means Lawson, too. This could be his fault.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Do we know if they've actually consulted doctors and ran tests?

They haven't addressed anything related to their fertility publicly, other than saying they wanted kids and seeming disappointed not to be expecting yet.  Any fertility issues are speculation based on that.

What does it even mean to say your husband sins against you?  Yelling?  Lying?  Cheating?  It's just such a weird thing to say.  And I'm of the opinion that unconditional love only exists (for most people anyway) from a parent for a child.  There are things my husband and parents could do to make me stop loving them, but there is nothing my daughter could do to make me stop loving her... even if I didn't like her.  Certainly not for my husband who can't stop sinning against me and falling short of my expectations.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I actually find that post a little concerning if it shows how Tiffany really experiences her marriage.

Yes, they’ve been together what, a year? They should still be in the “honeymoon phase” of their relationship. This text reads like someone who has been struggling in their marriage (and possibly abused them)!for years and tries to convince themselves it’s all god’s plan.

• Upvote 11

On 11/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, GreenBeans said:

Tiffany is very slim. Being underweight can make it more difficult to get pregnant. 

She is thin, but her ethnicity must been considered too What is the average female weight in the area she was born? maybe she is just thin (or normal) for her ethnic biological standards.

• Upvote 7

Tiffany had an instagram story about adoption - unfortunately I didn't screenshot it. But she praised Lawson for being so open to adoption, among other things. Perhaps they are considering adopting?

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Tiffany had an instagram story about adoption - unfortunately I didn't screenshot it. But she praised Lawson for being so open to adoption, among other things. Perhaps they are considering adopting?

31 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I saw that just in her normal posts. It sounds like they are considering it. Whether that is in addition to trying to have biological children or instead of remains to be seen⁵

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

I saw that just in her normal posts. It sounds like they are considering it. Whether that is in addition to trying to have biological children or instead of remains to be seen⁵

November is National Adoption Month. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

November is National Adoption Month. 

And she's an adoptee. Makes sense that she would post that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, xenobia said:

Or maybe she meant him being open about marrying someone who was adopted as a child. It sounds crazy, but fundies used to be all about “sins of the father”, meaning an adoptee would be a black box in terms of whether their biological parents were “righteous” people or had any “sins” passed on to their child.

Edited by GreenBeans
Riffles
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

On 11/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, GreenBeans said:

Or maybe she meant him being open about marrying someone who was adopted as a child. It sounds crazy, but fundies used to be all about “sins of the father”, meaning an adoptee would be a black box in terms of whether their biological parents were “righteous” people or had any “sins” passed on to their child.

To be clear, I think it was only the Gothard-branch of fundies that was against adoption. Not even once did I ever hear anything negative about adoption in the Hyles-branch of fundie that I grew up in.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

To be clear, I think it was only the Gothard-branch of fundies that was against adoption. Not even once did I ever hear anything negative about adoption in the Hyles-branch of fundie that I grew up in.

From what I've read, it seems Gothard went through an anti-adoption phase. A period of time where adoption was discouraged, and later on I think he stopped saying that(but likely didn't recant his point of view) because it sounded bad to be anti-adoption. Maybe when the Duggars got their show, because it looked better for them to talk about adoption, and would then make him look bad? Probably one confirmation of him being narcissistic........

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:01 PM, Melissa1977 said:

She is thin, but her ethnicity must been considered too What is the average female weight in the area she was born? maybe she is just thin (or normal) for her ethnic biological standards.

For Asian standard, she is thin but not scarily thin. She has the typically smaller bones and frame like my sister. I have a friend who is even smaller than her and she gave birth to 4 healthy kids. 

• Upvote 7

Here's a for instance for the group, a BMI of 18.5 is considered the low end for a healthy normal weight in the US.  Guess what the percentile rating for an 18.5 BMI is?

It's the 2nd percentile!

Given the mid-range for a normal BMI would be about 21.5 to 22 and that has a percentile range of 14 to 18 makes it easy to see how heavily skewed the US weight is to overweight and obese.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

It has it's faults but in no world can we justify the average weights in US as healthy.  For 5'1" the weight goes up to 132 pounds before considering overweight for a woman.  That's quite reasonable according to every weight chart I've ever seen.   

One reason I make a point of it because I see Tiffany being discussed as I was treated.  Snarky questions of was I anorexic, eat something girl, have a sandwich, no man wants a twig, you're too skinny for whatever, and all that time I was simply thin but a healthy weight..  It's only gotten worse since I was Tiffany's age.  I see a normal weight woman and people making assumptions that she's too thin to conceive.  It's out of balance.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

One issue I see with discussing Tiffany's weight being an issue with conceiving (of course all speculation still that there even is an issue) is that it puts the "blame" on her in a culture that already would put plenty of blame on any woman with fertility issues within the marriage.  I'm certainly no fertility expert but I thought most infertility is unexplained by our current testing abilities.

• Upvote 7

It is true the first thing women's bodies will shut down first is our reproductive system because we don't need it to survive if something is amiss. But it's not thinness that caused it, especially in seemingly naturally thin person like Tiffany. If the thinness is caused by extreme diet and/or too much exercise then yes, it might happen. Malnutrition will cause your period to stop. It happened to my cousin during her extreme diet era (she only ate miniscule amount of fruits and veggies and drink only water for months), her period stopped for months even after she started eating normally again. I'm a gym rat and it affects my period quite significantly, it slowly went from 28 days cycle-7days period to currently 34 days cycle-4 days period, plus it's much much lighter than before. There's a reason why we're not supposed to have less than 15% of body fat, our reproductive system needs it.

Based on her IG, Tiffany seems to be eating quite normally. At least eating normal stuffs, not having heavily restricted diet. And I haven't seen her exercise (maybe I missed it?), so based on that alone I'm gonna assume she fell into the category of skinny fat. If the not having kids yet is not by choice, I won't say her thinness caused it.

• Upvote 5

If you want to see some complete morons, watch Lawson's video today. He is literally in a field with Kenna and Baby (Jeremiah's?) Duggar while people are landing their sky dives. My babies would be indoors during that. How stupid are these people?!?

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, gobucks said:

If you want to see some complete morons, watch Lawson's video today. He is literally in a field with Kenna and Baby (Jeremiah's?) Duggar while people are landing their sky dives. My babies would be indoors during that. How stupid are these people?!?

I skimmed that video and continue to despair over how empty Tiffany's life is now. She has to import teen SILs to keep her company, and going to Aldi is superexciting. For Rufus's sake Tiffany, can't you at least volunteer with your church or something??

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Tiffany’s most recent post about adoption reads like it could be about LGBTQ* families - it’s crazy how fundies fail to see the parallels sometimes… 

“There are lots of ways to make a family. Every single family is created by God, but God doesn’t create every family the same or in the same way. 

[…]
I’ve learned the value of family are the people who choose to be in your life who love you, take care of you, and are there in the highs and lows.”

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

Lawson and Tiffany confirmed that they had a miscarriage earlier this year. They posted a new YouTube story about their pregnancy and miscarriage story and open it right off the bat by explaining it was a miscarriage and that they had debated whether or not to share or talk about it. Only two of Lawson’s siblings knew about the pregnancy, one brother (and his wife) and one sister. She doesn’t say who, but the brother is clearly Nathan. 

the video then goes back and describes Tiffany finding out and she mentions she had taken a lot of negative tests before that one and expected it to be negative. Then she figures out how to tell Lawson and that includes a montage of all the times she told him she was pregnant when she wasn’t which is just weird. He reacts in a very over-the-top but obviously very emotional and thrilled way.

video ends iwth a preview for part two which shows the miscarriage. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic