IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

I live very near Stonehenge. They were probably among the people I curse at for slowing down going past. I may have to watch the video now…

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I was in Paris twice. And never ever would I go there by car. Or rent a car. That would be stupid. The public transport system there is pretty good. 

I'm so baffled by these two--this is not the first visit to an European City for either of them. Why oh why did they think that rental car was the best or cheapest way to go? So far there is no evidence that they visited any rural areas not served by public transportation. They didn't need to transport a wheelchair or walker or similar,

Even if they are too scared (or snobby) to ride public transit (although they were shown riding the Paris metro, so why they had a rental car at all there is a mystery), they could have taken taxis or rideshare.  And if they were too scared (or snobby) to do that, they could hire a private driver through their hotels.

if they sat down and actually calculated how much they spent on the rental car, gasoline, highway/bridge/tunnel tolls, hotel parking and street parking--and actually considered how much time they wasted in driving in city traffic & looking for parking--I bet they'd be surprised.

What I'd like to know--did Tiffany perhaps KNOW that renting a car was a stupid and expensive thing to do, but was unwilling to say anything to her "I'm a southern American small town dude so I must rent a vehicle and do ALL the driving" husband??

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

There have been quite a lot of strikes on the railways in England - I don’t know when they visited but there is a rolling programme of industrial action.

• Upvote 3

I’ve made it through the first half of the video. You’re not kidding when you said Tiffany complains about being cold. Nearly every word out of her mouth had to do with how cold she was. All of those cities are well stocked with clothing stores. It would have been so easy to stop in one and buy a down jacket, a scarf or two, and a pair of gloves. Problem Solved, Miss California. 

Lawson refers to the Eiffel Tower as “that big ol’ tower.” His aw-shucks country boy manner is more annoying than usual, in part because it feels like an act. This isn’t his first time in Europe. He should be past playing the hick. 

They show us the outsides of various churches, but say nothing about the artwork on the insides. On my first trip to Europe, I was blown away by the religious art (I’m from a religious tradition that emphasizes music over artwork). They also conveniently forget to mention that these churches are Catholic.

We learn that Tiffany calls Lawson “honey bun.” The kissing in front of various historic sites also feels like an act. For all Tiffany calls Lawson the love of her life and talks about how wonderful it is to see all these places with him, they come across as a teen romance, not a couple coming up on their second wedding anniversary. It may take a few years, but I don’t see this marriage lasting. At some point either he’s going to cheat on her or she’ll realize just how vain and uneducated he is and return to California. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but that would take maturity I’m not sure Lawson is capable of. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

Breaking it up was a good idea. They were less irritating in London. But for all Lawson proclaims they love history, they seem to have skipped the major historical sites. If one goes by their video, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower or London, and Buckingham Palace don’t exist. The London Eye is “that big ol’ wheel.” Lawson apparently read all of Sherlock Holmes when he was a teen. Tiffany hasn’t read them, but she saw the BBC dramatizations. 

Lawson calls Stonehenge “cool rocks.” They’re more respectful of Windsor Castle, though Lawson should have fact checked before he told his YouTube audience that St. George’s Chapel is where coronations take place. 

Tiffany, you stopped complaining about the cold when you put on the black jacket as opposed to the camel blazer. Here’s a thought - why not abandon fashion for a couple of days and go for weather-appropriate outfits? 

• Upvote 10

We were lucky enough to spend a week in London in 2008 and absolutely no way would we have considered renting a car.  We either walked or used the bus system.  We were staying in a B&B near Paddington Station and used the train from and to Heathrow.  It worked out great for us.  

• Upvote 6

I salute all of you who watch these videos and describe them for the rest of us! Ten seconds of the Lawson/Tiffany pairing is more than I can stand.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

9 hours ago, postscript said:

I’ve made it through the first half of the video. You’re not kidding when you said Tiffany complains about being cold. Nearly every word out of her mouth had to do with how cold she was. All of those cities are well stocked with clothing stores. It would have been so easy to stop in one and buy a down jacket, a scarf or two, and a pair of gloves. Problem Solved, Miss California.

Or they shouldn’t have gone in winter if they don’t like the cold. Honestly, January/February is the worst time to visit. No more Christmas magic, just rain and cold and grey weather. Just go in spring!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Who the hells rents a car to drive around Paris, Brussels and London. It takes about a third of the time to take the train from Paris to Brussels than to drive and the eurostar from Brussels to London is so easy, less than two hours from downtown to downtown, all in comfortable seats, nice food available and able to walk up and down. 2 hours might get you to calais for the ferry/tunnel if you are lucky in a car. Bah! 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, medimus said:

Who the hells rents a car to drive around Paris, Brussels and London. It takes about a third of the time to take the train from Paris to Brussels than to drive and the eurostar from Brussels to London is so easy, less than two hours from downtown to downtown, all in comfortable seats, nice food available and able to walk up and down. 2 hours might get you to calais for the ferry/tunnel if you are lucky in a car. Bah! 

Plus, people drive on the left side of the road in the UK/London, it takes some getting used to.

When we traveled around New Zealand, we got a rental car and my husband (who did all of the driving) said he was glad that we mostly drove empty country roads for the first couple of days to get used to the left-hand side driving. I can’t imagine driving on the other side of a road for the first time in a busy city like London!

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus help me, I skimmed the video of "two nitwits visit Europe."

Here's my summary, entitled "Driving through the Major Cities of Europe has Ellipsed Our Best Dreams"

Much of the video is Lawson posing in front of various structures like a 11-year old kid. 

First stop: Paris. Tiffany's mom Robin is with them. I assume she paid for at least part of their trip.

Tiffany has been to Paris multiple times, loves it, and speaks some French. They show cute video of her at age 5-6 in Montmartre. In spite of this Lawson, the dumbass no-nothing American tourist, does most of the narration of the video. 

They ride the metro. Tiffany says that the only places where she will take the metro are in Paris and in Washington DC.  [What she has against the London transit system, I don't know]

They walk around and Lawson shows you many buildings--but he never bothers to find out what they are.

They decide to wait outside at night to watch the Eiffel Tower light up (based on what they've read on the Internet). They wait over an hour, until 1 AM. It doesn't light up. Tiffany is (literally) crying because she is so cold. She has a wool coat and a large scarf, but no gloves, hat or earmuffs.

They brunch at Le Bon Pecheur in Les Halles. They shop at a Morgan. They drive to Montmartre.

She eats moules-frites at La Mere Catherine. because it is one of her favorite French dishes. Not surprisingly, Lawson will not partake of the mussels.

The drive by what is labelled in the video as the "Ark of Triomphe" I guess Lawson's didn't consult with Tiffany while editing the video. 

Tiffany states that much of their filming is from the rental car because its so hard to find parking in Paris.

She is still cold. She still has a bare head and hands.  Lawson says "Paris, you have Ellipsed Our Best Dreams" No, that is not a typo.

After a mere 2 days in Paris, they drive to Brussels. Why not public transportation? Damned if I know.

Second stop: Brussels

Lawson blathers about Fox's Book of Martyrs.

They drive around Brussels. They marvel at a large square. Tiffany eats more moules-frites. She is still cold.

Again, they say that they have "big things to tell you about when they return to the States"

They drive to London, I presume (they don't show another method of transportation)

Third Stop: London

Lawson doesn't know what the "Big Clock" is. Tiffany says its Big Ben. Tiffany is still cold, because as we all know, there are no winter hats or gloves in Europe (or trains, or taxis or tourbuses or Ubers, apparently). They drive to Stonehenge. Tiffany is still cold. They visit a cookie place in Soho. Tiffany complains there is no parking.

They go to see "Back to the Future: the Musical."

They visit the Sherlock Holmes museum. They drive to Stonehenge. They drive to Windsor Castle. Tiffany is still cold and bareheaded with no gloves.

They trip appears to have been 6 nights, tops.

She says all the driving  and lack of parking has been really hard on Lawson.

They say that they have "big things to tell you about when they return to the States.

Lawson Bates has no business leaving Rocky Top, Tn. None. Knoxville is too good for him.

Tiffany may be slightly more sophisticated than Lawson but she is not really that much different from Lawson. Her education is from Liberty University and she is not exactly genius material. She is weird religious fundamentalist just like Lawson.

• Upvote 11

The first time Tiffany complained about the cold, I felt a little sorry for her. but when she continues to complain on subsequent days, and still has bare head, hands & ankles, she’s just being a petulant child. 

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus help me, I skimmed the video of "two nitwits visit Europe."

Here's my summary, entitled "Driving through the Major Cities of Europe has Ellipsed Our Best Dreams"

Much of the video is Lawson posing in front of various structures like a 11-year old kid. 

First stop: Paris. Tiffany's mom Robin is with them. I assume she paid for at least part of their trip.

Tiffany has been to Paris multiple times, loves it, and speaks some French. They show cute video of her at age 5-6 in Montmartre. In spite of this Lawson, the dumbass no-nothing American tourist, does most of the narration of the video. 

They ride the metro. Tiffany says that the only places where she will take the metro are in Paris and in Washington DC.  [What she has against the London transit system, I don't know]

They walk around and Lawson shows you many buildings--but he never bothers to find out what they are.

They decide to wait outside at night to watch the Eiffel Tower light up (based on what they've read on the Internet). They wait over an hour, until 1 AM. It doesn't light up. Tiffany is (literally) crying because she is so cold. She has a wool coat and a large scarf, but no gloves, hat or earmuffs.

They brunch at Le Bon Pecheur in Les Halles. They shop at a Morgan. They drive to Montmartre.

She eats moules-frites at La Mere Catherine. because it is one of her favorite French dishes. Not surprisingly, Lawson will not partake of the mussels.

The drive by what is labelled in the video as the "Ark of Triomphe" I guess Lawson's didn't consult with Tiffany while editing the video. 

Tiffany states that much of their filming is from the rental car because its so hard to find parking in Paris.

She is still cold. She still has a bare head and hands.  Lawson says "Paris, you have Ellipsed Our Best Dreams" No, that is not a typo.

After a mere 2 days in Paris, they drive to Brussels. Why not public transportation? Damned if I know.

Second stop: Brussels

Lawson blathers about Fox's Book of Martyrs.

They drive around Brussels. They marvel at a large square. Tiffany eats more moules-frites. She is still cold.

Again, they say that they have "big things to tell you about when they return to the States"

They drive to London, I presume (they don't show another method of transportation)

Third Stop: London

Lawson doesn't know what the "Big Clock" is. Tiffany says its Big Ben. Tiffany is still cold, because as we all know, there are no winter hats or gloves in Europe (or trains, or taxis or tourbuses or Ubers, apparently). They drive to Stonehenge. Tiffany is still cold. They visit a cookie place in Soho. Tiffany complains there is no parking.

They go to see "Back to the Future: the Musical."

They visit the Sherlock Holmes museum. They drive to Stonehenge. They drive to Windsor Castle. Tiffany is still cold and bareheaded with no gloves.

They trip appears to have been 6 nights, tops.

She says all the driving  and lack of parking has been really hard on Lawson.

They say that they have "big things to tell you about when they return to the States.

PSA: Just because it is your vacation doesn't mean it will be warm where you are going. (This is why Alaska is not on my list no matter how beautiful it is!)

• Upvote 7

This could have a much more pleasant trip to London for both of them if they weren't A. Fixated on Driving Like Back Home in Rocky Top B. Fixated on Doing Instagram "Bucket List" Items instead of what they might actually be interested in.

They could have enjoyed the comfort and convenience and speed of the European train system and stayed in hotels without worrying about (and paying for) parking. If they were still afraid/intimidated by the Tube, they could have taken taxis and Ubers. Instead of going out to Stonehenge and Windsor Castle, they could have visited the Tower of London (pleasing both "history buff" Lawson and royalty fan Tiffany) and Westminster and the British Museum (which again, has something for everyone). They could seen famous Bibles in the galleries of the British Library.  Heck, they could have taken a Christian London walking tour: https://christianheritagelondon.org/walks  And with all the time saved from looking for parking, they could have gone and bought Tiffany a hat and gloves.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

I wonder if they:

A) just don't know trains exist and are much faster than driving. 

B)think trains are unsafe places for poor people, not for "celebrities" like them 

C)their far right agenda is against public transport system

Anyway, their vacation would have been more comfortable, safer and time-saving going by train.

Did Lawson said Tour Eiffel was "that old tower"??? Really??? Considering the age of the city of Paris, the Tower is basically new!!!  

Stonehenge are "cool rocks"... Yes Lawson, cool rocks put there for sacred reasons before the Bible was written.

Two years of marriage and have already visited half Europe. What a nice carbon footprint to learn nothing, appreciate nothing and show their ignorance.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder if they:

B)think trains are unsafe places for poor people, not for "celebrities" like them 

all three. Its is such a shame they didn't try a train and be pleasantly surprised by it. Now Lawson will continue, like so many other far right Americans, to bash cities because, among other reasons, "there's no place to park."

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 2/8/2024 at 11:32 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I wonder if they:

Anyway, their vacation would have been more comfortable, safer and time-saving going by train.

Did Lawson said Tour Eiffel was "that old tower"??? Really??? Considering the age of the city of Paris, the Tower is basically new!!!  

Stonehenge are "cool rocks"... Yes Lawson, cool rocks put there for sacred reasons before the Bible was written.

Two years of marriage and have already visited half Europe. What a nice carbon footprint to learn nothing, appreciate nothing and show their ignorance.

Now, now ... Satan obviously directed the dinosaurs to erect Stonehenge about 6,000 years ago to test Adam and Eve's faith.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

On 2/9/2024 at 12:32 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Did Lawson said Tour Eiffel was "that old tower"??? Really??? Considering the age of the city of Paris, the Tower is basically new!

That “big ol’ tower.” He was very impressed by its size.

He also called the London Eye, a recent attraction in an ancient city, “that big ol’ wheel.” “Big ol’” seems to be a folksy descriptor. It makes him sound like a hick getting his first look at the big city. 

I’m surprised they didn’t do the hop on-hop off bus in London. They could have covered a lot of ground in one day and hopped off whenever Lawson fancied a selfie in front of an impressive building. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

On 2/8/2024 at 3:29 PM, HereticHick said:

This could have a much more pleasant trip to London for both of them if they weren't A. Fixated on Driving Like Back Home in Rocky Top B. Fixated on Doing Instagram "Bucket List" Items instead of what they might actually be interested in.

They could have enjoyed the comfort and convenience and speed of the European train system and stayed in hotels without worrying about (and paying for) parking. If they were still afraid/intimidated by the Tube, they could have taken taxis and Ubers. Instead of going out to Stonehenge and Windsor Castle, they could have visited the Tower of London (pleasing both "history buff" Lawson and royalty fan Tiffany) and Westminster and the British Museum (which again, has something for everyone). They could seen famous Bibles in the galleries of the British Library.  Heck, they could have taken a Christian London walking tour: https://christianheritagelondon.org/walks  And with all the time saved from looking for parking, they could have gone and bought Tiffany a hat and gloves.

For what they spent in renting that car alone they could have bought first class tickets and could have enjoyed an even more pleasant journey on these high speed trains. And on top of that, the station buildings themselfes are really impressive historical buildings and a sight to be seen. They missed to much by spending so much time driving a car on a highway.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Tiff’s brother Erik posted video of a U2 show at the Sphere and now at the Super Bowl.  He leads a very different life than Tiffany.

• Upvote 8

I'm beginning to think that Tiffany didn't really like acting--perhaps she did at one time, and her parents insisted she continue. I find it really striking that she lets Lawson do most of the talking in all their videos (yes, I know its because he's a pompous ass). Her various sisters in law do a lot more narration in the reels for the various products they are shilling than she does. There was one mention of her auditioning for something soon after they were married (and she obviously didn't get it). And she seems to do zero volunteer work with her acting skills--for example, did their church have a Christmas pageant? If so, why didn't she help with it? Does her church have a vacation bible school (which often involves skits) Why not help out with community theatre? (she could be a backstage volunteer)

All she does instead is sit around, pine for California, and wait to get pregnant.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm beginning to think that Tiffany didn't really like acting--perhaps she did at one time, and her parents insisted she continue. I find it really striking that she lets Lawson do most of the talking in all their videos (yes, I know its because he's a pompous ass). Her various sisters in law do a lot more narration in the reels for the various products they are shilling than she does. There was one mention of her auditioning for something soon after they were married (and she obviously didn't get it). And she seems to do zero volunteer work with her acting skills--for example, did their church have a Christmas pageant? If so, why didn't she help with it? Does her church have a vacation bible school (which often involves skits) Why not help out with community theatre? (she could be a backstage volunteer)

All she does instead is sit around, pine for California, and wait to get pregnant.

I believe that Tiffany’s parents supported her 100% in anything she wanted to do, but wouldn’t force her to do anything. I think Tiffany has the overacting style of a typical Disney/Nickelodeon child actor, very over the top. And she hasn’t been able to transition her acting skills/style to more adult roles. So many teen/young adult roles seem to involve subject matter (sex, drugs/alcohol, etc) that she wouldn’t be interested in doing.

She did have one public speaking engagement soon after she and Lawson married at some type of conservative politics/religion conference that she didn’t publicize, but an attendee put out on social media. I thought that might be her thing: public appearances at these types of gatherings. I’m kind of surprised we haven’t heard about more of them. 

Tiffany just turned 25 and she and Lawson look like they might end up having fertility issues. That might be her current focus, besides traveling the globe.

• Upvote 7

New video up. They bought a camper. Gee, didn't see that one coming. They tell us they plan to drive all over the US, maybe even to Canada. 

Tiffany's smile in the first part of this video is the most genuine I've ever seen from her. Lawson calls the camper a "bad boy" way too many times. They tell us everything they want to change, which basically amounts to a complete redecoration. Lawson can't figure out how to turn on the lights.

Tiffany spends way too much time complaining about how ugly the backsplash is. I think it doesn't look that bad., but she insists on ripping off the panels with first a screwdriver and then a large knife, which she waves around way too close to her face while telling us not to do what she did. She also insists on replacing the mattresses, which Lawson would have left. I'm 100% with you there, Tiff. 

They drive to Arkansas to visit Nathan and Esther. We see Kenna walking and Lawson playing with her. Esther doesn't look pregnant in this video, but we don't get good glimpses of her torso. 

Lawson tags along as Nathan flies a client to Little Rock. We get a commercial for the wonders of the private plane area in the Little Rock airport, including views of the pilots' showers and the fancy coffee machine. Nathan narrates most of this. I've always found him misogynistic, but he comes across much better than Lawson here - more relaxed, more knowledgeable, generally more intelligent. Coffees in hand, they fly back to Springdale. Lawson apparently flies part of the way. 

Nathan has a new diesel truck, which he lets Lawson drive. Lawson is enamored of the diesel power. Although Nathan tells Lawson to keep his existing truck, I foresee Lawson buying one of these in the next year. 

Ah, the real reason they visited - free work on the camper. Jason ("my boy Jase") Duggar makes an appearance, sticking his head out of the camper bathroom to show us how he installed a new shower head. He also comes off as actually knowing what he's talking about. Nathan explains the RV hookups to Lawson, who obviously isn't listening. However, he has figured out how the lights work. He also shows us how he can "work" at the small table. Apparently "work" = editing his music videos. I'm not sure. I was too busy laughing hysterically. 

Lawson ends by telling us he can't wait to take "you guys" with them as they travel. Can't wait. 

Edited by postscript
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 9

13 minutes ago, postscript said:

New video up. They bought a camper. Gee, didn't see that one coming. They tell us they plan to drive all over the US, maybe even to Canada. 

Tiffany's smile in the first part of this video i the most genuine I've ever seen from her. Lawson calls the camper a "bad boy" way too many times. They tell us everything they want to change, which basically amounts to a complete redecoration. Lawson can't figure out how to turn on the lights.

Tiffany spends way too much time complaining about how ugly the backsplash is. I think it doesn't look that bad., but she insists on ripping off the panels with first a screwdriver and then a large knife, which she waves around way too close to her face while telling us not to do what she did. She also insists on replacing the mattresses, which Lawson would have left. I'm 100% with you there, Tiff. 

They drive to Arkansas to visit Nathan and Esther. We see Kenna walking and Lawson playing with her. Esther doesn't look pregnant in this video, but we don't get good glimpses of her torso. 

Lawson tags along as Nathan flies a client to Little Rock. We get a commercial for the wonders of the private plane area in the Little Rock airport, including views of the pilots' showers and the fancy coffee machine. Nathan narrates most of this. I've always found him misogynistic, but he comes across much better than Lawson here - more relaxed, more knowledgeable, generally more intelligent. Coffees in hand, they fly back to Springdale. Lawson apparently flies part of the way. 

Nathan has a new diesel truck, which he lets Lawson drive. Lawson is enamored of the diesel power. Although Nathan tells Lawson to keep his existing truck, I foresee Lawson buying one of these in the next year. 

Ah, the real reason they visited - free work on the camper. Jason ("my boy Jase") Duggar makes an appearance, sticking his head out of the camper bathroom to show us how he installed a new shower head. He also comes off as actually knowing what he's talking about. Nathan explains the RV hookups to Lawson, who obviously isn't listening. However, he has figured out how the lights work. He also shows us how he can "work" at the small table. Apparently "work" = editing his music videos. I'm not sure. I was too busy laughing hysterically. 

Lawson ends by telling us he can't wait to take "you guys" with them as they travel. Can't wait. 

They are so riveting. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, postscript said:

Tiffany's smile in the first part of this video is the most genuine I've ever seen from her. Lawson calls the camper a "bad boy" way too many times. They tell us everything they want to change, which basically amounts to a complete redecoration. Lawson can't figure out how to turn on the lights.

In Tiffany's defense on the backsplash, it appears the tiles were peel-and-stick flooring someone used to be "fancy." I would take them down too. She was right on the mattresses. 

I did laugh at Esther saying that the truck makes Nathan happier than she can. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic