IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

I definitely didn’t know who did everything for our wedding/rehearsal. It was such a chaotic time. I remember finding out someone had helped months after the fact and rushing to thank them and I felt awful I hadn’t realized they helped out. 

• Upvote 4

In this case, I wouldn't trust the groom (Lawson) to A. tell his bride that his sister made the cheesecakes or B. Thank his sister for making the cheesecakes.

• Upvote 9

I’m thinking it was maybe the case where Tiffany thought everyone in the family was helping out with the food and probably thanked everyone in general. She’s just learning now that Michael was a solo act with no help from anyone else, at least regarding the cheesecakes.

• Upvote 11

Lawson’s video of the Jackson/Emerson wedding felt like a 40-minute baby fest. He spent most of it holding the various Bates babies, all helpfully labeled so viewers can tell them apart. If he wasn’t holding a baby, he was asking Erin when she was due. After a while, I felt like saying, “Dude, if you’re that into babies, let’s see you handle pregnancy.” I bet he’s the fun uncle who all the little kids like to play with but who isn’t good at mundane baby chores like changing diapers or night feedings. I’m not sure whether I wish pregnancy on him and Tiffany or not.

• Upvote 4

I think Kelly Jo offers to throw the rehearsal dinner and then assigns the tasks to her children. Alyssa was in charge of the charcuterie board for a Jackson’s rehearsal dinner (it looked amazing)  AND for setting up the tent. I think Kelly takes credit adn gets her kids to do the work.

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, postscript said:

I’m not sure whether I wish pregnancy on him and Tiffany or not.

I 100% wish it on them but not on the potential kid.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I’ll be honest, I never wish a pregnancy on a Bates. That will only happen if they actually start to break free from the most destructive fundie beliefs.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Lawson has made it to 31 years old without being a parent. Hopefully, some of his younger siblings will see the things he has done like travel and move away as an example of how not to have 10 kids by 30. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems weird that tiff wouldn’t know who made a bunch of cheesecakes for their wedding rehearsal dinner. I guess I just knew everything that was going on at my wedding. Maybe I’m a micro manager. But I would feel bad I didn’t thank her sooner. 

30BDE028-04BC-4C30-9923-6B2900212C15.jpeg

A lot of it speaks to Michael's personality too - any other sister would have shown it off I'm youtube videos and Instagram stories like Alyssa did with the charcuterie board, Michael seems to be okay with quietly doing the work behind-the-scenes without recognition, which I can respect. Someone could have said something like "hope you all enjoy the cheesecakes Michael made" but maybe they also knew she wouldn't want that.

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, freethemall said:

A lot of it speaks to Michael's personality too - any other sister would have shown it off I'm youtube videos and Instagram stories like Alyssa did with the charcuterie board, Michael seems to be okay with quietly doing the work behind-the-scenes without recognition, which I can respect. Someone could have said something like "hope you all enjoy the cheesecakes Michael made" but maybe they also knew she wouldn't want that.

I do think Michael is the opposite of boastful. But Kelly sure is one to boast. And it surprises me she didn’t boast about her amazing baker of a daughter selflessly making all those cheesecakes for her dear brother’s rehearsal dinner. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/27/2023 at 11:50 AM, CanadianMamam said:

I think Kelly Jo offers to throw the rehearsal dinner and then assigns the tasks to her children. Alyssa was in charge of the charcuterie board for a Jackson’s rehearsal dinner (it looked amazing)  AND for setting up the tent. I think Kelly takes credit adn gets her kids to do the work.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do think Michael is the opposite of boastful. But Kelly sure is one to boast. And it surprises me she didn’t boast about her amazing baker of a daughter selflessly making all those cheesecakes for her dear brother’s rehearsal dinner. 

If you watch some of the videos and listen to Kelly and the working girls (Michaela and Alyssa), they use the language that it was all Kelly's idea. They are just doing as told. They take little to no credit for it. Kelly does the humble brag of not being able to do it without her girls, but never fully acknowledges that she has done nothing. Buying decorations on Amazon isn't the same as setting each table. Saying you want a charcuterie board isn't the same as actually doing one. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

If you watch some of the videos and listen to Kelly and the working girls (Michaela and Alyssa), they use the language that it was all Kelly's idea. They are just doing as told. They take little to no credit for it. Kelly does the humble brag of not being able to do it without her girls, but never fully acknowledges that she has done nothing. Buying decorations on Amazon isn't the same as setting each table. Saying you want a charcuterie board isn't the same as actually doing one. 

Exactly. Kelly takes the credit but does none of the work. I make charcuterie boards for holidays and party, they are a lot of work if you want them to look a certain way and Alyssa’s was huge and gorgeous. That is a ton of work that Kelly volunteered her for. 

• Upvote 5

Are they childless (at this point) by choice, or do they have fertility issues like Michael and Brandon?  Have they ever discussed it publicly?

23 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Exactly. Kelly takes the credit but does none of the work. I make charcuterie boards for holidays and party, they are a lot of work if you want them to look a certain way and Alyssa’s was huge and gorgeous. That is a ton of work that Kelly volunteered her for. 

Also quite expensive to create a nice, big charcuterie board. So of course Kelly would assign that to someone else. Spend no money but get all the thanks.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Are they childless (at this point) by choice, or do they have fertility issues like Michael and Brandon?  Have they ever discussed it publicly?

I don’t think it’s by choice. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think it’s by choice. 

I don't think its by choice because Erin's kids are on video saying they're going to pray for Tiff's baby.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I don't think its by choice because Erin's kids are on video saying they're going to pray for Tiff's baby.  

I really hate when parents put that kind of pressure on their kids. Karissa Collins is the worst of all. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hate when parents put that kind of pressure on their kids. Karissa Collins is the worst of all. 

Right.  But they've said Erin is having this baby because Carson prayed for a brother. Like he was responsible for it himself. So they must think kids can pray for babies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Right.  But they've said Erin is having this baby because Carson prayed for a brother. Like he was responsible for it himself. So they must think kids can pray for babies. 

Yes, it’s a heinous thing to do to a child. Poor Karissa’s kids were made to pray after she miscarried to save the baby. And of course it didn’t work. But she also tells them their sicknesses are caused by sin. So she’s a real mind fuck.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I was under the impression Tiffany had some health issues, though I’ve never been quite clear what. As far as I know, they’ve never discussed fertility issues.

Considering how both of them fawn over babies, I doubt they’re childless by choice. Considering how frequently they travel and how helpless they often appear at adulting, it’s probably better they haven’t reproduced yet. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I thought they'd expressed a desire to get pregnant/have children quickly.  Maybe I'm getting confused with speculation here.  Either way, infertility super sucks but I can't hope for anyone else to be born into that cult.  Leave, Tiffany, you can do it!  And if Lawson's ego is too big for you to carry you can leave him behind as well.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I also thought it was clear that they were trying to conceive. Also, it has 'only' been 1,5 years, which is on the long side but not extremely uncommon for an average couple. Especially since we don't know if they maybe decided to only start trying after a few months.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

Also, I just realized that we had the weird non-announcement a while back so it would not surprise me if they had a miscarriage in between which makes the timeline even less long.

• Upvote 3

I find Lawson and Tiffany's Insta Reel right now to be extra cringy. Putting up your Christmas decorations at the beginning of October? Baby talk about how you need attention or you'll go crazy?  Please, Tiffany, stop waiting around to get pregnant and get out and do some volunteer work or something.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 10/30/2023 at 1:58 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gil and Kelly were horrible when the kids were younger. The children would fast while praying for a new sibling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic