IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

I want to have sympathy for them, but damn, they make it hard. They are absolutely the most annoying couple. They come off like they are the most special people in the world because they conceived a baby. And their grief is the worst that anyone has experienced (but they haven’t shared most of the grief yet.) Since several of his sisters have experienced miscarriages and Michael and Brandon have major infertility issues, you think they could realize that they are not the only ones who could have experienced the depths of these emotions.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Thanks for taking one for the team. I just can’t with this couple. They’re pretty to look at, but so superficial. They are in no way ready to have a child. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

It's a little disturbing that she pranked him 14 times before the positive test. She actually documented these moments, and they included some in the presentation. Doing the math, depending on when she became pregnant, she pranked him almost monthly from their wedding. Yikes. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 17
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lawson and Tiffany confirmed that they had a miscarriage earlier this year. They posted a new YouTube story about their pregnancy and miscarriage story and open it right off the bat by explaining it was a miscarriage and that they had debated whether or not to share or talk about it. Only two of Lawson’s siblings knew about the pregnancy, one brother (and his wife) and one sister. She doesn’t say who, but the brother is clearly Nathan. 

I assume the sister was Erin. Both because they seem close to Erin, and also because that would explain Carson's comment about praying for Lawson and Tiffany's baby in Erin's pregnancy announcement (or sex reveal? I can't remember which) video.  

• Upvote 19

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's a little disturbing that she pranked him 14 times before the positive test. She actually documented these moments, and they included some in the presentation. Doing the math, depending on when she became pregnant, she pranked him almost monthly from their wedding. Yikes. 

This is so odd. Certainly never crossed my mind when we were trying for a baby. Or is this a thing on TikTok or Instagram, like a current trend to do this? 

• Upvote 11

As someone who dealt with infertility, I have no idea how she could prank him like that. Maybe the difference is that I wanted to be pregnant every month. Maybe she didn’t actually want to be pregnant so it was easier to prank him? But over time, she must’ve started to want to be pregnant. You can’t prank someone that many times without wanting it to be true. It just blows my mind that she would do it so many times. Is it her way to deal with the pain of not being pregnant each month? I’m so confused. I’m always trying to understand human behavior and empathize. But I’m so confused by this. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I don't think Lawson thought the "I'm pregnant" pranks were funny. But I bet she never does it again. And, while it was annoying, it is a little sad that her joy of doing that is forever gone.

• Upvote 5

I also watched the video (which has a couple of ads imbedded in it, so they are making a lot of $$)

I found the monthly "I'm pregnant" pranks disturbing and juvenile. These two should not be having kids. She also said that they hadn't been "trying"--but she didn't say anything about whether they had been preventing.

I also felt extremely sad to see how she is obsessed with "looking adorable" and how telling your partner you're expecting has to be creative and an EVENT. I hate the social pressure that influencers inflect on themselves. I think its really taken a toll on her mental health.

I now understand a bit better why Tiffany has been visiting with her family, and assorted Bates, so much, this year.  

But--if they really want to have a baby, they need to calm down with the travelling. Its not helping sleep schedules or diets.

PS Holy cow, did you see the huge wine selection in her parent's kitchen? I wonder if she and Lawson ever imbibe.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As someone who dealt with infertility, I have no idea how she could prank him like that. Maybe the difference is that I wanted to be pregnant every month. Maybe she didn’t actually want to be pregnant so it was easier to prank him? But over time, she must’ve started to want to be pregnant. You can’t prank someone that many times without wanting it to be true. It just blows my mind that she would do it so many times. Is it her way to deal with the pain of not being pregnant each month? I’m so confused. I’m always trying to understand human behavior and empathize. But I’m so confused by this. 

I do think she desperately wanted to be pregnant and wasn’t dealing with it well. Summing she found out she was pregnant in April (which is the best timeline, based on the trip to Europe being in the Spring and the People fake out), would have been 14 fake-outs in 11 months which is crazy but we also know that they were dealing with negative tests from at least October, so I think Tiffany was dealing with hte constant disappointment but had no ability to handle it maturely. 

5 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I assume the sister was Erin. Both because they seem close to Erin, and also because that would explain Carson's comment about praying for Lawson and Tiffany's baby in Erin's pregnancy announcement (or sex reveal? I can't remember which) video.  

I think it was Erin too. Found it a little odd they counted Esther in the number of people who knew and not Chad, but it could just be that Chad wasn’t involved in discussions or comfort. But Erin makes the most sense because of the Brooklyn comment but also because she And Lawson are very close and she and Tiffany seem very close as well.

• Upvote 5

Well, we know that Tiffy found out while they were in California. Yes, they go there a lot, but knowing when they were there would narrow down the timeframe. 

I don't think they could keep the secret from April until now. I also don't think she pranked him more than once a month. 

• Upvote 1

I’m thinking it was this late September trip. I think this is when Nathan and Esther went out to California, probably an unplanned trip to support Tiff and Lawson.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.655f5995bd339565c3d732048335e96f.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e1e60ac9378da4f5553db66674dce181.png

• Upvote 5

On 12/14/2023 at 6:44 PM, JDuggs said:

I want to have sympathy for them, but damn, they make it hard. They are absolutely the most annoying couple. They come off like they are the most special people in the world because they conceived a baby. And their grief is the worst that anyone has experienced (but they haven’t shared most of the grief yet.) Since several of his sisters have experienced miscarriages and Michael and Brandon have major infertility issues, you think they could realize that they are not the only ones who could have experienced the depths of these emotions.

Of all the married couples, I feel like they'd make the absolute worst parents. Totally vain and self-absorbed, and Tiffany seems cringe-level needy.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I’m thinking it was this late September trip. I think this is when Nathan and Esther went out to California, probably an unplanned trip to support Tiff and Lawson.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.655f5995bd339565c3d732048335e96f.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e1e60ac9378da4f5553db66674dce181.png

No, because Tiffany said in the video that they were leaving for Europe the next week. The Europe video was posted August 17, but likely filmed in April based on the weather in Holland and their travel schedule. And that lines up with the May non-announcement and Brooklyn praying for their baby. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Well, we know that Tiffy found out while they were in California. Yes, they go there a lot, but knowing when they were there would narrow down the timeframe. 

I don't think they could keep the secret from April until now. I also don't think she pranked him more than once a month. 

It had to be before August 17 because that was when they posted the Europe video, but they had Kenna with them in Nashville the two weeks before that and then before that they were  in Boston for Lawson’s birthday. There was also a trip to Yellowstone in there somewhere. 

They could very well have waited until they got pregnant again to share their miscarriage story or it could be that the potential due date was around this time (the non-announcement was at the same time Erin announced her pregnancy and William’s due date was last week) and they felt ready to share. 

I originally thought it was later, but the Europe trip and going from California to Europe really does narrow it down. It also eliminates them having gone to Amsterdam on the way back from Turkey because they spent a month in Turkey and went there after the Bahamas, so this trip was after that. Late April makes the most sense and fits time wise. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

No, because Tiffany said in the video that they were leaving for Europe the next week. The Europe video was posted August 17, but likely filmed in April based on the weather in Holland and their travel schedule. And that lines up with the May non-announcement and Brooklyn praying for their baby. 

It had to be before August 17 because that was when they posted the Europe video, but they had Kenna with them in Nashville the two weeks before that and then before that they were  in Boston for Lawson’s birthday. There was also a trip to Yellowstone in there somewhere. 

They could very well have waited until they got pregnant again to share their miscarriage story or it could be that the potential due date was around this time (the non-announcement was at the same time Erin announced her pregnancy and William’s due date was last week) and they felt ready to share. 

I originally thought it was later, but the Europe trip and going from California to Europe really does narrow it down. It also eliminates them having gone to Amsterdam on the way back from Turkey because they spent a month in Turkey and went there after the Bahamas, so this trip was after that. Late April makes the most sense and fits time wise. 

I love to travel but all that in one year is exhausting just to read! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Maybe the timeline will clear up a little on their next video. I still think they went to the Netherlands and Germany right after Turkey. They were in Turkey for most of February, then their small trip to Netherlands/Germany. On March 9, they were in an IG photo with an ABC news guy in London. I don’t think they came home from a long international trip in early March and then planned to go right back in April.

I think that maybe they canceled their next European trip due to the miscarriage and went to Boston instead in October. I’m thinking the miscarriage occurred very soon after she discovered she was pregnant.

Added IG story photo posted on March 9 in London.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.143cc646c88fd8c5202d375541b8655e.jpeg

Edited by JDuggs
Add and correct date
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Maybe the timeline will clear up a little on their next video. I still think they went to the Netherlands and Germany right after Turkey. They were in Turkey for most of February, then their small trip to Netherlands/Germany. On March 9, they were in an IG photo with an ABC news guy in London. I don’t think they came home from a long international trip in early March and then planned to go right back in April.

I think that maybe they canceled their next European trip due to the miscarriage and went to Boston instead in October. I’m thinking the miscarriage occurred very soon after she discovered she was pregnant.

Added IG story photo posted on March 9 in London.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.143cc646c88fd8c5202d375541b8655e.jpeg

They definitely went to London after Turkey but they were back home within 48 hours of posting that photo. I think they went back to Europe. These two travel all the time, I doubt an extra Europe trip six weeks later would havre phased them at all.

We know the Europe trip while posted in August, was likely filmed in March or April. We know that in May, they had a non-announcement that ended up being a music video and they went silent on social media but that same week, Erin posted a video that mentioned Brooklyn praying for their baby. I think it feels more likely that they were pregnant in May and miscarriage and have been processing it then that that all that was a coincidence. 

Tiffany also commented on this post  at the end of August, so one would assume the miscarriage was before then. A93D100D-285B-402C-90DD-0BE1CDC60A70.thumb.jpeg.d4bc48336a84da50267832ebcb6d4a5f.jpeg

Maybe their video will clear it up. At this point, it still seems likely that it might have been in May, given all the weirdness at the time and the clues then that she was pregnant. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

Tiff thanks Michaela for all her help in the second miscarriage video so that's the sister they told. I do feel for Tiff even though I think she has horrible beliefs that she would pass on to her children. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 5

I skimmed through part II of the video--I don't want to minimize the emotional pain of miscarriage, esp. since it seems that she has wrapped up her entire self-worth into getting pregnant--but how far along was she? 8 weeks? 9 weeks?  Maybe wait a little longer before you start handing out the "best uncle" and "best grandma" gifts to your family??

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I skimmed through part II of the video--I don't want to minimize the emotional pain of miscarriage, esp. since it seems that she has wrapped up her entire self-worth into getting pregnant--but how far along was she? 8 weeks? 9 weeks?  Maybe wait a little longer before you start handing out the "best uncle" and "best grandma" gifts to your family??

It was my impression that the pregnancy test, the announcement to her family and the miscarriage all occurred within days, maybe a week at the most. I believe Tiffany said her period was about a week late when she tested. I get how Tiffany wanted to share her joy with her family ASAP even though it’s always possible that there could be a loss.  Making a production out of telling my spouse and then telling my family was never something I was interested in though. I think I always would tell my spouse when I was taking a test.

• Upvote 6

In the video, they said the baby would be grand baby #29 which means it was after Josie announced but before Tori, so this pregnancy was a few months after the People debacle. Josie was clearly pregnant at 4th of July and Kelly even seemed to comment on it in Trace’s video, so I think the family probably knew. Tori’s announcements pics were taken in late August when she visited Erin. So Lawson and Tiffany’s loss was likely late July.

• Upvote 2

On 12/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Tiffany also commented on this post  at the end of August, so one would assume the miscarriage was before then. A93D100D-285B-402C-90DD-0BE1CDC60A70.thumb.jpeg.d4bc48336a84da50267832ebcb6d4a5f.jpeg

I'm an atheist and dammit if that doesn't make me weepy.  My early miscarriage was a baby to me even if I know scientifically it wasn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 19

On 12/19/2023 at 3:50 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm an atheist and dammit if that doesn't make me weepy.  My early miscarriage was a baby to me even if I know scientifically it wasn't.

Same here, but I also think it is cringe.

How would God(?) decide the age of the child when you go to heaven? Either the soul keeps on aging but then you would see lots of extremely wrinkly soul, unless there is a maximum aging? But in both of those scenarios it is assumed you die withing a few years since it is clearly supposed to be a young child. 

So the more I think about it, the more creepy it is to expect you die when your misscarried baby would still be a young child.

Or souls don't age but then the misscarriage would still just be some cells without the capibility to talk. 

• Upvote 7

Meh, let’s not split hairs. Heaven could totally have an option to experience your loved ones at all different ages. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:31 AM, lumpentheologie said:

Meh, let’s not split hairs. Heaven could totally have an option to experience your loved ones at all different ages. 

Some believe that when 1 Corinthians 13:12 says, "then I shall know just as I also am known" that it means that we will recognize each other in heaven. We don't know what we'll look like. We will have new, perfect bodies. Maybe we'll all be children.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic