IGNORED

LawTiff 9: Godfoodhouseshoppingminiature golf…repeat

nelliebelle1197

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought Katie was probably pregnant. Hailey turned one. I’m betting she started talking about wanting to get pregnant as Hailey got closer to 1. She’s probably super fertile and got pregnant the first month they tried. 

I thought that Katie had very recently posted that she wasn't pregnant, but all the crying the last few videos does have me thinking she is. PS- I have no problem with women crying and not criticizing pregnant women who do. It just reminds me of Erin laying down on the couch during Lawson and Tiffany's visit or Carlin wanting biscuits because she "didn't feel good" while wearing a nausea band. It's something out of the ordinary for them. Now, Lydia was a surprise to me because of the obvious bag of pads she purchased on their ski trip.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I thought that Katie had very recently posted that she wasn't pregnant, but all the crying the last few videos does have me thinking she is. PS- I have no problem with women crying and not criticizing pregnant women who do. It just reminds me of Erin laying down on the couch during Lawson and Tiffany's visit or Carlin wanting biscuits because she "didn't feel good" while wearing a nausea band. It's something out of the ordinary for them. Now, Lydia was a surprise to me because of the obvious bag of pads she purchased on their ski trip.

She’s probably very early in her pregnancy. And that’s why she hasn’t announced yet. Lydia announced her pregnancy very early in the first trimester at ILY day and gad a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if Katie was also very early and announced at ILY day. 

• Upvote 5

Tiffany announced her pregnancy on instagram 

Spoiler

IMG_7458.thumb.PNG.9c005b2fb0ccb22c99ce9723583321e4.PNG

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

After what happened last time, I hope they waited a few weeks to announce. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The IG-post invcludes "Baby Bates coming early Summer 2024", so I guess she's well over 12 weeks. (I'm Swedish, so I don't know what "early summer" implies in the US. Here it would be around June). 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The Amazon registers says July 30 and she says she took the test near the middle/end of November (so that lines up). Her miscarriage was in September.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

The YouTube video about it is premiering right now but I won't watch until later. 

• Upvote 2

So they knew she was pregnant when they decided to live the RV life?  Interesting.

• Upvote 5

She is reading the pregnancy tests...  in the car. Did she pee in the car? Did she bring her tests with her into the car? Did she bring a container of pee into the car? So many questions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

14 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

So they knew she was pregnant when they decided to live the RV life?  Interesting.

I think the RV life was just a temporary thing,  basically a long vacation and they found out after they had already made the decision.

If the baby is a boy do you think they will go ahead and name him William anyway, even though Erin has a William? Or maybe they will just use it as a middle name but I feel like Lawson would want to continue on the tradition with his own son. 

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think the RV life was just a temporary thing,  basically a long vacation and they found out after they had already made the decision.

If the baby is a boy do you think they will go ahead and name him William anyway, even though Erin has a William? Or maybe they will just use it as a middle name but I feel like Lawson would want to continue on the tradition with his own son. 

They could go the usual Bateses’ route and name him WIlliam Lawson (I could see them going with Jr.) and calling him Liam or Will or Henry, Mark, Timothy or any other random name.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

I think they will call him William and give him a different middle name. So something like William Daniel Bates. And then call him Liam. Erin doesn’t call hers Liam. She calls him William. So they can easily tell them apart that way. 

• Upvote 5

Perhaps they'll both grow up a bit after the baby is born?  One can hope...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Has it been confirmed this baby is a BOY? If it’s not confirmed, I’m going with the baby being a girl!

• Upvote 2

He kept talking about taking the baby hunting, fishing, and throwing a football together... then said well, if it is a girl, we will still do that. 🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Has it been confirmed this baby is a BOY? If it’s not confirmed, I’m going with the baby being a girl!

They haven’t. Although if it is a boy, it will be the one way the siblings are even, because half will had a boy first and half will have had a girl first. 

• Upvote 1

Based on Nurie Rodrigues Keller's gender reveal in mid February, also due in July, they probably know the gender now.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

If the baby is a boy do you think they will go ahead and name him William anyway, even though Erin has a William? Or maybe they will just use it as a middle name but I feel like Lawson would want to continue on the tradition with his own son

I was wondering the same thing. They talked about how much they loved the name, and I can’t imagine Lawson passing up the chance to name a child after himself. I think they’ll name a boy William but will use either a nickname or the middle name.

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

He kept talking about taking the baby hunting, fishing, and throwing a football together... then said well, if it is a girl, we will still do that. 🙄

Yes, he sounded like he really wants a boy, even though he’s all about his nieces rather than his nephews. There’s going to be a part 2 video. I wonder if they’ll show the gender reveal then or wait until she’s closer to her due date. They didn’t know when this video was shot but probably know by now. Oh, who am I kidding? They’ll milk every detail of this pregnancy for as many likes as possible. 

They were both incoherent when they found out, which was rather sweet. Unfortunately, that didn’t last. Lawson and he talked entirely too much in the second half of the episode. Slow down, dude. Given she was about ten minutes pregnant and had a prior miscarriage, I felt they were jumping the gun telling other family members (particularly since they said the Bates family can’t keep a secret). I also felt Lawson was high-handed when he told Kelly he wanted an appointment with Dr. Vick on Monday morning, as if Dr. Vick has nothing better to do than service the Bates family and their constant stream of pregnancies. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, postscript said:

They were both incoherent when they found out, which was rather sweet. Unfortunately, that didn’t last. Lawson and he talked entirely too much in the second half of the episode. Slow down, dude. Given she was about ten minutes pregnant and had a prior miscarriage, I felt they were jumping the gun telling other family members (particularly since they said the Bates family can’t keep a secret). I also felt Lawson was high-handed when he told Kelly he wanted an appointment with Dr. Vick on Monday morning, as if Dr. Vick has nothing better to do than service the Bates family and their constant stream of pregnancies. 

I actually understood why they told the family. They said that they got the experience of telling her family about Hope (the baby they miscarried) and having that joy and they wanted to have that with his family this time.

I had some questions about the Dr. Vick thing, as I thought he was slowing down/had retired? And wouldn’t she need a doctor in Nashville? Unless he was just checking Tiffany out as a favour for Lawson’s peace of mind (I imagine he doesn’t know any other OB/GYNs). That part was weird. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Perhaps they'll both grow up a bit after the baby is born?  One can hope...

Man, I hope so. They make Carlin and Evan look somber and mature by comparison. I mean, a little bit, anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Based on Nurie Rodrigues Keller's gender reveal in mid February, also due in July, they probably know the gender now.

There is a blood test that reveals the sex at 8 weeks. No need to wait for a mid-pregnancy ultrasound. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

There is a blood test that reveals the sex at 8 weeks. No need to wait for a mid-pregnancy ultrasound. 

Those aren't very accurate though. My cousin had one and it said she was having a boy. Then the ultrasound showed it was definitely a girl.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gobucks said:

She is reading the pregnancy tests...  in the car. Did she pee in the car? Did she bring her tests with her into the car? Did she bring a container of pee into the car? So many questions. 

Well that explains why she said a few days ago that she isn't capable of driving them anywhere--she's busy peeing on a stick over in the driver's seat! 😁

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

8 weeks is too early, but starting at 10 weeks you can do a cell-free DNA test, which accurately determines the sex of the baby (way more accurately than an ultrasound). Of course the test was designed to test for chromosomal abnormalities and just happens to also report the baby's sex (if the parents want to know - if not, there's an option to decline that information). A lot has happened in that space over the past few years; when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2020, insurance wouldn't have covered this test, but by late 2022, when I was pregnant with my son, the state of California actually added it to its state-covered prenatal testing regimen, so it's now free of charge for all pregnant people in California. Of course I don't know about Tennessee and/or their health insurance (if they have any), but I think the self-pay options for this kind of test are also pretty reasonable at around $200 or so.

Here is some info from ACOG.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I remember awhile back, she posted all of this “advice” about early pregnancy and avoiding miscarriage. The only specific one I remember was she was saying to take folate instead of folic acid in case of MTHFR (which is not recommended, as folic acid is the ONLY form that is shown to reduce neural tube defects, even in MTHFR). It made me super annoyed because she was spreading medical misinformation as fact. But I also thought she must be pregnant if she was touting these things as fact to prevent miscarriage. The reality is that almost all miscarriages are due to genetics of the embryo, so I hope she doesn’t think that something she did or didn’t do was the cause of hers. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic