IGNORED

Seewalds 48: Homophobia Now Mixed With Hypocrisy

nelliebelle1197

She's afraid of getting disinherited. Word from Jill's camp is that JB has threatened to cut off anyone who reads her book. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She's afraid of getting disinherited. Word from Jill's camp is that JB has threatened to cut off anyone who reads her book. 

Prior to that, Joy and Austin had said they would be reading it. I don’t think Austin would put up with JB telling him and his wife what they can and cannot read.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Prior to that, Joy and Austin had said they would be reading it. I don’t think Austin would put up with JB telling him and his wife what they can and cannot read.

Yeah, I thought of them. However, Austin seems to be doing just fine without JB's interference. They tend to hang out with his relatives. 

• Upvote 1

Michelle could also have had vanishing twins and not realise it. Since she has had two sets of fraternal twins, she might have a tendency for hyperovulation. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How would Jim Bob know? Is he doing house searches? 

I mean, it wouldn't shock me...

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How would Jim Bob know? Is he doing house searches? 

I’m thinking the couples + all other adults are called to the big house for a JB (Pops) talk on an annual basis (more often if shit is hitting the fan). The talk probably ends with a 50 page questionnaire. 

Josh is a complete asshole. He did not fall far from his father’s tree.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Smoochie said:

It's called distraction. Jessa is trying to distract from Jill's book. She didn't post for months and now a flurry of posts before and during the book's release and publicity. LOL I see you JB!

Yep. I mentioned this a few weeks back and my idea was shot down, “oh, no, it’s not intentional.” Baloney.

54 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’m thinking the couples + all other adults are called to the big house for a JB (Pops) talk on an annual basis (more often if shit is hitting the fan). 

Yes, they probably get a text outlining that their presence is required along with the threat of being disinherited if they are a no show. So godly, huh?

Well, now there are photos of the Foursights, Seewalds and JD’abby at the beach. JB trying to show Jilly Muffin what she be missing by not bowing to their our father Jim Bob. 

Edited by Cam
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Well, now there are photos of the Foursights, Seewalds and JD’abby at the beach. JB trying to show Jilly Muffin what she be missing by not bowing to their our father Jim Bob. 

Jill has kids in school and a full life without the overbearing nonsense.  I doubt she thinks a beach trip in October is worth a thought.  She's probably gearing up for a regular Halloween.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Cam said:

I found this funny, because in Joy's last Youtube video (w/ Carlin) she specifically said that her and Austin were NOT beach people.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jill has kids in school and a full life without the overbearing nonsense.  I doubt she thinks a beach trip in October is worth a thought.  She's probably gearing up for a regular Halloween.  

OTOH being a people pleaser and former apple of her father’s eye, the rejection and backstabbing have to sting. So glad that she has had counseling.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

OTOH being a people pleaser and former apple of her father’s eye, the rejection and backstabbing have to sting. So glad that she has had counseling.

I think she's long past that point.  Otherwise I don't think she'd have written the book.  She was willing to burn the house down with JB.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think she's long past that point.  Otherwise I don't think she'd have written the book.  She was willing to burn the house down with JB.

That tells you that JB is far worse than any of us could have imagined. Can’t wait for someone to spill ALL the dreadful beans.

• Upvote 4

On 10/4/2023 at 4:10 PM, Giraffe said:

This is yet another way JB & M failed them. If she’d had a few years after high school to figure out who she was and what she wanted her life to look like her life would probably be drastically different than it is now. I think Jill would relish being a SAHM whether she were secular or fundy. Jessa though? Maybe she’d have had a couple kids in her mid 30’s but maybe not. 

I’ve said this before, but Jessa has all the ingredients to be the son Jim Bob wants but doesn’t have. (Except, of course, a penis, which is apparently the most important one.) Tell me you can’t see Jessa in another life being a calculating member of the nut job GOP state government or even federal House of Reps at this point. Christ, if she put her mind to it, she still could. Education isn’t a requirement. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

Completely off topic, but I cackled at this ad for the "Jessa" skirt:

Screenshot_20231006_121352_edit_3268514102917.thumb.jpg.a7d3613c3cc16fd4ab88c3510fc341a2.jpg

Hey, at least it's still a skirt and not manly, sinful pants, eh Jim Blob? 

• Haha 10

6 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Completely off topic, but I cackled at this ad for the "Jessa" skirt:

Screenshot_20231006_121352_edit_3268514102917.thumb.jpg.a7d3613c3cc16fd4ab88c3510fc341a2.jpg

Hey, at least it's still a skirt and not manly, sinful pants, eh Jim Blob? 

The early 2000s are back I guess. I swear that should be called the Paris. Because that’s exactly what Paris Hilton would have worn in 2003. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The early 2000s are back I guess. I swear that should be called the Paris. Because that’s exactly what Paris Hilton would have worn in 2003. 

The hockey team from my university just released the schedule of their promotional theme nights and giveaways for this season, and there's a 2000s night. Seeing the timeframe during which I attended the school be long enough ago to qualify for a throwback theme night was not something I was prepared for while casually scrolling social media. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

The hockey team from my university just released the schedule of their promotional theme nights and giveaways for this season, and there's a 2000s night. Seeing the timeframe during which I attended the school be long enough ago to qualify for a throwback theme night was not something I was prepared for while casually scrolling social media. 

Yep. I was in undergrad from 2000-2004. The things we wore to the bars. They were so ugly. We called bar shirts “bib shirts.” Because they looked like a bib. There was a piece of fabric on on the front that covered your boobs and then it tied around the neck and back. It did look like a bib. And then it would be 25 degrees out and you couldn’t wear a coat because that would ruin the outfit! We were idiots. Cold idiots. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

• 2 weeks later...

Jessa just posted on instagram saying Henry said he was tired, snuggled up to her and fell asleep after doing maths worksheets. He is 6. Maybe he is tired because his education exclusively consists of worksheets. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Jessa just posted on instagram saying Henry said he was tired, snuggled up to her and fell asleep after doing maths worksheets. He is 6. Maybe he is tired because his education exclusively consists of worksheets. 

I can’t imagine Jessa being a kind or patient teacher. I can relate as I would not have been a good one either. Difference is, I realized that about myself and sent my kids to brick and mortar school while I pursued another line of work.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 10/15/2023 at 6:38 AM, SassyPants said:

I can’t imagine Jessa being a kind or patient teacher. I can relate as I would not have been a good one either. Difference is, I realized that about myself and sent my kids to brick and mortar school while I pursued another line of work.

I was the worst teacher to my kids during lockdown. The absolute worst. I’m glad I’m not too narrow minded or proud to see my faults.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 10/15/2023 at 12:31 AM, SorenaJ said:

What a way to teach math to a small child. Get some manipulatives, Jessa! Or use marbles, or Oreos, or anything he can touch and move.

I forgot--they think Henry is their math genius. So maybe he's doing calculus? That would be tiring.

I'm a big fan of public school, but it's not like all the teachers there are kind and caring. Henry could easily have gotten an impatient or narrow-minded teacher there. If a kid draws the short straw and ends with one of the bad ones, he is stuck with that teacher all day, every day for the whole year. So school isn't always a guarantee of good teaching.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

What a way to teach math to a small child. Get some manipulatives, Jessa! Or use marbles, or Oreos, or anything he can touch and move.

I forgot--they think Henry is their math genius. So maybe he's doing calculus? That would be tiring.

I'm a big fan of public school, but it's not like all the teachers there are kind and caring. Henry could easily have gotten an impatient or narrow-minded teacher there. If a kid draws the short straw and ends with one of the bad ones, he is stuck with that teacher all day, every day for the whole year. So school isn't always a guarantee of good teaching.

I agree with you.  My youngest loved math when he was little.  When he was four years old, he could add and subtract in his head.  He couldn't get enough.  He would say "Give me more math facts mama"  Then he started kindergarten.  I told the teacher that he was advanced in math, and to try and make that grow.  I'll never forget what she said.  "I have 30 kids in my classroom.  I don't have time for that."  He grew up hating math.  

• Sad 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic