IGNORED

Seewalds 48: Homophobia Now Mixed With Hypocrisy

nelliebelle1197

Jessa just wrote in an Instagram post that hard doesn’t equal bad. Barrrf I bet she loves Braggie. Those two are very similar in some ways.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jessa just wrote in an Instagram post that hard doesn’t equal bad. Barrrf I bet she loves Braggie. Those two are very similar in some ways.

She pimped the book in the past year or so. So yeah, Jessa loves her 

• Upvote 3

I could see Henry being tired after a full day if he is getting physical play and academic work. My daughter is tired after school too. Her second week of school she took two steps into the house, then literally fell down asleep. She’ll be four in December and is going to full time pre kindergarten. It’s expensive but she loves her school, is excited to go and comes home with paper and pencil work, art work and filthy from outdoor play. I could not be happier. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Daycare just moved my daughter (almost 3) up to preschool like a month or so ago.  She is rabidly intent on learning new things and we get to help her practice her letters almost every night.  When we take her on walks, she draws them in the dirt.  They have a nice balance of structured lesson and play, and it's a very low pressure atmosphere.

Gonna try and foster this love of learning as long as possible.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who is Braggie?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Who is Braggie?

M is for mama. She is basically Jill Rodrigues with more money. She’s written two very shitty books that other fundie moms seem to like for some sad reason. 

20 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Daycare just moved my daughter (almost 3) up to preschool like a month or so ago.  She is rabidly intent on learning new things and we get to help her practice her letters almost every night.  When we take her on walks, she draws them in the dirt.  They have a nice balance of structured lesson and play, and it's a very low pressure atmosphere.

Gonna try and foster this love of learning as long as possible.

My kids never wanted to leave preschool when I picked them up. And now when we drive by their old preschool, they wish they were still in preschool. They said it was always just fun. I do miss the easy fun of preschool. Now they stress out about school more than I would like and it makes me sad. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Who is Braggie?

Do not engage. Avoid going down that fetid rabbit hole.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She really is awful. And since she wraps up all her nastiness in pretty pictures and cute kids, people think it’s ok. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I will be taking that advice. I didn’t listen about Jill Rodriguez and now there’s a black hole in my brain. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 23

Indeed! Same here! I got sucked into the Jill R vortex and can't get away anymore.... I try to keep out of the Braggie thread, because I feel like punching her every time I venture over.... 

Maybe we could make a list of Funkie-Rabbitholes rated by toxicity-Level 🤔

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hazelbunny said:

Indeed! Same here! I got sucked into the Jill R vortex and can't get away anymore.... I try to keep out of the Braggie thread, because I feel like punching her every time I venture over.... 

I avoided Shraders for a while but eventually got sucked in. For now the Nogs & Bro Gary are more than I can stomach. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

This fundie rabbit hole is a level 5 rescue ferrets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

If I get pulled into another fundie rabbit hole I’m going to need someone who is not MediCorps to rescue me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

If I get pulled into another fundie rabbit hole I’m going to need someone who is not MediCorps to rescue me. 

Don't worry, the FJ rescue ferrets were soundly rejected from MediCorps as they have too much real world, non-White-Savior training and are no longer allowed on MediCorp's property under threat of immediate arrest. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

We in the Basset Family are part of a greater basset hound community, and we take rescue very seriously. 

IMG_7179.png

• Upvote 9
  • Love 10

On 10/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was the worst teacher to my kids during lockdown. The absolute worst. I’m glad I’m not too narrow minded or proud to see my faults.

Same. Trying to juggle schooling my children, a job I never wanted to do to begin with, while also working from home while my husband still had to go in (essential healthcare personnel) and manage our home still was awful. If I wanted to be a teacher, I would have pursued that. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Same. Trying to juggle schooling my children, a job I never wanted to do to begin with, while also working from home while my husband still had to go in (essential healthcare personnel) and manage our home still was awful. If I wanted to be a teacher, I would have pursued that. 

I think the worst part for me was math. I’m an exceptionally bad at explaining math. I know how I got the answer, but I have no idea how to explain it to a kid. The words just aren’t there for me! 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the worst part for me was math. I’m an exceptionally bad at explaining math. I know how I got the answer, but I have no idea how to explain it to a kid. The words just aren’t there for me! 

Yeah I barely got through my own math so I get that. It's like a foreign language to me. I still count on my fingers and I do not know my higher multiplication tables without really stopping to think about it. 

I also will admit, I'm not a patient person, so trying to get my kids to do this stuff, that they didn't want to do. Just dissolved into chaos for me. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Ugh - right?? Managing my kiddo, working full time (I worked from home before that so no big adjustment there except now I had PE class happening IN MY OFFICE) and doing someone else's job because she was useless. And Hubs was working outside the house (construction - so essential). 
I tried - but he is also special needs (but not enough to be the kids who DID go to school) and ugh... it was sooo hard. At least he was in grade 1 that first year - so the topics weren't out of my abilities... 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have heard that this is the biggest disconnect that people who struggle with math say (myself included). People and teachers who are good with numbers most often times do not have the ability to explain the how and why of math IN WORDS.  Years ago I was always frustrated that teachers and even Math books would skip steps in solving the problem. WHY? Why do you go from step 4 to step 9 and the answer. No, just no. It’s like they were EFFING with us. It was as if they wanted to see if students could use their own logic and reasoning to successfully move from step 4 to the obvious answer. So…can’t explain the how and why in plain language and 2, skipping steps both contribute to students disliking math.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 10/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, theologygeek said:

I agree with you.  My youngest loved math when he was little.  When he was four years old, he could add and subtract in his head.  He couldn't get enough.  He would say "Give me more math facts mama"  Then he started kindergarten.  I told the teacher that he was advanced in math, and to try and make that grow.  I'll never forget what she said.  "I have 30 kids in my classroom.  I don't have time for that."  He grew up hating math.  

That’s so sad. IMO class sizes for young kids should be at around 15. When I’m teaching a university seminar that’s about the largest size where I can make sure no one falls behind. And small children need even more attention. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I don't know how it is now, but when I started school back in 91 in our small village school, it was the custom to split a class into two only if it reached more than 30 children. My mum was very worried I wouldn't cope in a class that large as a visually impaired child amongst fully sighted children. But they told her there weren't enough children to split the chase into two smaller ones. While my mum was still debating what to do, two new families moved into our area and the class size for the first class grew to 32, so we were split into two first classes with 16 kids each, which was perfect for me. :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

That’s so sad. IMO class sizes for young kids should be at around 15. When I’m teaching a university seminar that’s about the largest size where I can make sure no one falls behind. And small children need even more attention. 

This is one thing I love about where we are (Ontario). Primary classes (up to grade 4) are capped at 20 students. I can't find a number for after grade four - but the interwebs say that the average in the 4-8 classes is 24.8. 
My son has been in some WEIRD mixes (one was a SK & Grade 1 split - where 5 kindies came into his class - this was primarily because those 5 kids made enough of a difference in numbers in the kindy class where they'd need to start another classroom). And he's now in in a 4-5 split (but it started the year as a straight grade 5 - so it's confusing). 

• Upvote 1

My kids are very lucky we can live in this school district. Their classrooms are usually size 15-19 kids. My friends who teach in much poorer school districts have between 25-30 kids. And my one friend handles kids with special needs best out of the teachers in her grade. So she has a good amount of children with educational needs. I don’t know how she does it. I would be so stressed. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I have an 87 year old aunt, and when she was in school they had more than 60 kids per classroom. At that time most schools thought they were doing their jobs just by presenting information to kids, and if the kids didn’t do well, that just meant they weren’t very smart. The kids were also beaten for misbehavior and not understanding, so naturally a lot of them hated school.

My mother barely finished high school in the 60s and thought she was stupid for most of her life. Then she started college in her 70s (free tuition for seniors in Alaska), and now she’s a straight A student. It’s been a total game changer for her; she’s actually confident in herself now.

We understand so much more about education than we used to, especially  how important it is for educators to meet students where they are. And smaller class sizes are a lot of how you do that. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic