IGNORED

Seewalds 48: Homophobia Now Mixed With Hypocrisy

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Here's Jessa pimping for Christian Health Ministries again. I wonder if her hospital stay is already 100% covered? 

As for the picture, given how she fudges timelines, it's hard to guess how far along she really is. That picture could be several weeks old.

orca-image--330136247.thumb.jpeg.949e3b72bace1d26646290e5155ddf73.jpeg

Whoa. Jessa is morphing into a feminine Jim Bob.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Spurgeon turned 8, as per Jessa's latest video. I quite like their tradition of giving a gift each day, and that he received each with enthusiasm and a willingness to share it with his siblings.

Jessa's good at making thoughtful gift choices that reflect her kids as individuals, but I wish she would bother to wrap them nicely rather than leave them in whatever sad cardboard box or torn plastic bag they came in. If she's concerned about waste and single-use wrapping (good for her if so) why not have a few cute cloth bags or wraps that she could use over and over? I bet she could do a sponsored post for something like that. She loves to monetise 'making memories', but it would genuinely make it a bit more special for the kids. I'm really surprised she doesn't consider the optics of a nicely-wrapped gift.

Other observations: Spurge seems a keen reader of kid versions of the classics, so that's nice. He got a card from a relative (an aunt, but I didn't catch her name when he said it) that said 'we can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for your life' which is the most empty and generic Duggar birthday greeting ever, and quite long-term for a boy celebrating his eighth birthday.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Has she had that baby yet? With the miscarriage fiasco and her "creative" timeline, I feel like she's been pregnant forever.

Nope not yet. What are your name guesses? I keep thinking of more girl names she might consider. Like Olive, Clover, or Laurel.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

given that both Ivy and Fern are more leafy and botanical than flower names, I would also lean to more of the same definitely including Olive, Clover and Laurel rather than, say, Marigold, Rose, Jasmine etc although she might like Violet. I was going to say she won't go for Daisy because of Josiah's daughter of that name, but it wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle. I do think that the very cute flower names like Daisy, Lily, Poppy etc are not her style.

I could see her potentially choosing Juniper but it seems to be everywhere where I live now, so if it's the same in her circles it may be too trendy. Willow surely must be. Rosemary would be a nice choice, being another herb, but like Lavender it's a bit fussy and frumpy.

Names which may be too unisex for her: Rue, Sage, Bay, Rowan... 

Names which may be too colourful for her: Clementine, Myrtle, Sorrel, Saffron.

• Upvote 3

The gift wrapping is an odd thing, for an „influencer“. I get that wrapping presents, especially many, is a pain unless you really enjoy it. I hate it, so I do a couple at a time. My mum and my partner claim to hate it, but do it absolutely beautifully. The very careful wrapping and dongles may be unnecessary for an excited small kid, but I have seen lots of people do great jobs with brown paper, or even newspaper, when they want to be budget or eco conscious.

So, I think it’s probably a time thing. If I made my money by showing my kids unwrapping presents, I think I would wrap them. All the kids I know love unwrapping things. So, either she doesn’t care, and knows people will watch anyway, if only to criticize, or she really needs a bit more help. She does have four kids, is pregnant, and has a household to run, that must be exhausting.

I absolutely love the name Daisy. I am a bit biased as it was my granny’s middle name. She hated it, partly because it made her initials VD, which was oh so hilarious as a kid in the 30s. Also, she thought she may as well have been called Buttercup… I guess you could always keep the plant theme with Marguerite or Margaret. Don’t think that SiRen having a Daisy would matter, if the Kellers can have two Nehemiahs, or the Duggars with Joe, Josiah, Josie, Jana, Joy Anna and Johannah, a Daisy and  Marguerite nn Daisy seem miles apart. 

Do we know the sex yet? 

• Upvote 2

Came to see when Jessa is due.  How has she managed to be pregnant forever?  Again.

we use reuseable gift bags.  Hallmark and Naturalgifts have my favorite that are easy to find, but the mlm 31 gifts have my favorite because they are more neutral and have a pull string to close.  They are seasonal thought so I’ve stocked up over the years.  We use the bags for everything-birthdays, Christmas (along with fabric), just because, teacher gifts, etc.   paper gift bags we reuse to put my parents gifts in because moms uses them.  Their Christmas gifts are in birthday bags.

if the gift is big and awkward it does stay in original packaging.  But just handing gifts as they come to kids seems odd.  

• Upvote 2

I never cared for the name Fern. It sounds very waaay too Little House on the Prairie to me. 
Is she having a girl or boy? Laurel sounds too much like Lauren. I don’t think Jessa would go there. Clover is cute, could be Chloey for short. Heather is pretty, too. Or if she has a December baby, Holly.

• Upvote 3

She relishes keeping the sex a secret. We'll be duly informed of Seewald #5's birth when baby is like 6 weeks old. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Cam said:

Laurel sounds too much like Lauren. I don’t think Jessa would go there.

I thought she might go for Laurel since her middle name is Lauren. Sort of a nod to herself.
Not quite the same, but Jinger did this with Felicity Nicole (same middle as herself). 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

She relishes keeping the sex a secret. We'll be duly informed of Seewald #5's birth when baby is like 6 weeks old. 🙄

it is fine for her to do this though. It's her news. I don't believe that public figures owe us this information.

(ideally the Seewald kids would get to grow up in private and we wouldn't know a single thing about them but here we are.)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

16 hours ago, Cam said:

I never cared for the name Fern. It sounds very waaay too Little House on the Prairie to me. 
Is she having a girl or boy? Laurel sounds too much like Lauren. I don’t think Jessa would go there. Clover is cute, could be Chloey for short. Heather is pretty, too. Or if she has a December baby, Holly.

Copying my guesses from the baby name thread:

girl name: Olive or Briony (I know it’s out there, but so are Spurgeon and Fern!) or Ruby. I would have gone for Willow, but that was already used by a Bates daughter (not sure if they’d care though).

boy name: Sage or Elijah or Ash or Phineas (yes that last one is completely out of left field, but I think it would go with Spurgeon in a totally weird way).

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nope not yet. What are your name guesses? I keep thinking of more girl names she might consider. Like Olive, Clover, or Laurel.

I officially guessed Willow Charlotte for a girl but I like yours too.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

it is fine for her to do this though. It's her news. I don't believe that public figures owe us this information.

(ideally the Seewald kids would get to grow up in private and we wouldn't know a single thing about them but here we are.)

I don’t know if she’s said if they find out the sex of the baby before hand? Not everyone does. One of my kids didn’t want to be told, and managed not to find out despite the baby ending up needing lots of ultrasounds. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t know if she’s said if they find out the sex of the baby before hand? Not everyone does. One of my kids didn’t want to be told, and managed not to find out despite the baby ending up needing lots of ultrasounds. 

Yes, she says that she finds out but they keep it a secret from everyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, she says that she finds out but they keep it a secret from everyone else.

That’s how she’s always done it. Smug Jessa keeping a secret. As if anyone cares that much. 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Prediction: she will barely answer any of these questions. She will say she’s keeping the gender a secret. She won’t give an exact due date. She won’t give any concrete answers on names. And she will say she is having a hospital birth due to her history of bleeding heavily after birth. 

Someone else can watch and report back if I’m correct. Jessa is very predictable. She’s wearing a tank top and pants because her sisters bared the brunt of JB’s anger. They paved the way for her and I bet she’s never even acknowledged it with them. 

DE75A02D-81C8-40E4-94DC-2F08B32539F4.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Prediction: she will barely answer any of these questions. She will say she’s keeping the gender a secret.

Correct. She and Ben knows, but they haven't told anyone. 

She won’t give an exact due date.

Not correct. She's due December 22'nd, which is the same day last year that they found out she had miscarried. 

She won’t give any concrete answers on names.

Correct. They have a first name that they agree on, but are discussing other options. 

And she will say she is having a hospital birth due to her history of bleeding heavily after birth. 

True. And she will have an epidual if it's possible. She had one with Fern and realized it was a good thing. 

• Thank You 15

9 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Correct. She and Ben knows, but they haven't told anyone. 

Not correct. She's due December 22'nd, which is the same day last year that they found out she had miscarried. 

Correct. They have a first name that they agree on, but are discussing other options. 

True. And she will have an epidual if it's possible. She had one with Fern and realized it was a good thing. 

What a waste of a video. But she’s getting views 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s wearing a tank top and pants because her sisters bared the brunt of JB’s anger. They paved the way for her and I bet she’s never even acknowledged it with them. 

This is what would make me upset. Her sisters have had their relationship with their dad blown up in their faces for making such choices, and now Jessa reaps the benefits. I have to say, if I was one of her sisters, my relationship with her would shift. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, viii said:

This is what would make me upset. Her sisters have had their relationship with their dad blown up in their faces for making such choices, and now Jessa reaps the benefits. I have to say, if I was one of her sisters, my relationship with her would shift. 

I’ve never liked Jessa. I thought she was smug since day one. But she seems to still have a relationship with Jinger and Jill. Even if they aren’t as close as they used to be. However Jill and Jinger are both very forgiving by nature. I bet they haven’t even brought up the topic of how they got shit from jb but Jessa didn’t. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never liked Jessa. I thought she was smug since day one. But she seems to still have a relationship with Jinger and Jill. Even if they aren’t as close as they used to be. However Jill and Jinger are both very forgiving by nature. I bet they haven’t even brought up the topic of how they got shit from jb but Jessa didn’t. 

Jessa is cunning, but I can’t blame her for her father & mother’s treatment of her sisters. During the hate Jill era Jessa seemed to be everyone’s pet fundy because she was so ‘spunky’ while all I saw was a smug, bossy know it all. She’s showing herself to be her father’s daughter - though, a master at manipulation. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Agree with others in that Jessa has always presented as less than endearing or rarely shown behaviors that I would consider Christlike. In this, she is JB to a T. But, karma can be interesting. Jessa has the most boring life and she seemingly has the least control of all her married sisters in the trajectory her future path is taking. Jinger is controlling her fertility, living in the big city far away from the rules and regulations of the TTH and sleepy Tontitown. Jill is married to an adult who appears to be leading his family in a more healthy fashion and in a secure direction. I have no doubt Jill loves the life she is leading, even though it is TTHless, it is more healthy. Joy and Austin seem to mesh well and are doing the things that make them both happy and fulfilled. And then there’s Jessa and Ben. Where was Ben?? 

21 minutes ago, sndral said:

Jessa is cunning, but I can’t blame her for her father & mother’s treatment of her sisters. During the hate Jill era Jessa seemed to be everyone’s pet fundy because she was so ‘spunky’ while all I saw was a smug, bossy know it all. She’s showing herself to be her father’s daughter - though, a master at manipulation. 

Are you really a master of “manipulation” if most everyone can see right through your behaviors and words? 

Narcissists always think everyone else buys the crap they do and say. They believe that they are smarter than everyone else. Much of the time they are wrong. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Are you really a master of “manipulation” if most everyone can see right through your behaviors and words? 

Narcissists always think everyone else buys the crap they do and say. They believe that they are smarter than everyone else. Much of the time they are wrong. 

Do you think Jessa is a narcissist?

Personally, I think Jim Bob is but I don’t think Jessa is.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Agree with others in that Jessa has always presented as less than endearing or rarely shown behaviors that I would consider Christlike. In this, she is JB to a T. But, karma can be interesting. Jessa has the most boring life and she seemingly has the least control of all her married sisters in the trajectory her future path is taking. Jinger is controlling her fertility, living in the big city far away from the rules and regulations of the TTH and sleepy Tontitown. Jill is married to an adult who appears to be leading his family in a more healthy fashion and in a secure direction. I have no doubt Jill loves the life she is leading, even though it is TTHless, it is more healthy. Joy and Austin seem to mesh well and are doing the things that make them both happy and fulfilled. And then there’s Jessa and Ben. Where was Ben?? 

Maybe I should have left the ‘master’ part out 😂. I don’t follow Jessa closely enough to speculate about narcissistic traits (Jill Rod, OTH - hell yeah she’s textbook IMO) most of these fundy 20/30 yr. olds making a buck from ‘influencing’ seem really self absorbed to me & very shallow/superficial. Does Jessa ever post about her acts of charity or generously towards others which would be in line w/ the role of a SAH conservative pastor’s wife, or is it all about her/her family?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic