IGNORED

Seewalds 48: Homophobia Now Mixed With Hypocrisy

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

If she’d announced awhile ago it would have been at the same time as the “Happy Shiny People”  documentary release, or Jill’s book release announcement, or interviews / news stories about either of those. And then the book will be out and getting lots of press.  She always waits to announce until she’s pretty far along, and given  her last pregnancy,  it’s even more likely she wouldn’t want the news out there quickly. She’s now very visibly pregnant. Pictures were in the public, an announcement seemed inevitable if she’s due in the next few months. 

It will be interesting to see if she does a reaction to the book at all. My guess is she won’t directly address it, but will do some posts that show her with her family in neutral situations, and liking or commenting on Jill’s non book related social media. Like the kids playing over at the Big House. Or saying Jill’s latest hairstyle is cute. But will get aggressive in comments if someone pisses her off. 

Last night, she spammed her FB with easily a dozen #SeewaldKidsSay musings. That timing was definitely intentional. She probably had heard about the People article by then. 

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, xenobia said:

Here's my best guess: 

Team JB 100%: Jed, Jessa, Jana, Jason, James. (And Josh, but just because he has no other option)

Leaning JB: Joy, Jer, John, Joe

Maybe somewhat on the fence: Jinger, Justin

Wildcard: Josiah

We don't know enough about the younger ones (Jackson and those younger than him), so I'm not including them. 

It might not be the report card we think it is. Keep in mind some of them live at home and/or are financially dependent on Jim Bob. They may be doing what they have to do in order to survive. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:45 PM, marmalade said:

Last night, she spammed her FB with easily a dozen #SeewaldKidsSay musings. That timing was definitely intentional. She probably had heard about the People article by then. 

I think that's more of a pick me vibe, and a defensive play rather than an offensive one. "Hey remember me, I'm the cute one."

That said, if there was less else going on in the world, it would be mildly entertaining to see this play out as Team Jessa v. Team Jill, 30-somethings posting to TikTok with either wholesome or edgy PSL videos based on their fave. 

Edited by backyard sylph
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:45 PM, marmalade said:

Those posts were ridiculous…anything to try to draw attention away from Jill’s book!

• Upvote 1

Jessa be PO’d that everyone now knows that she and Bin most likely signed away their and their kids’ privacy away for a few JB bucks. She got bought off. Not so tough and independent as she might have thought that she was.

• Upvote 15

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jessa be PO’d that everyone now knows that she and Bin most likely signed away their and their kids’ privacy away for a few JB bucks. She got bought off. Not so tough and independent as she might have thought that she was.

Isn’t it funny how the childhood troublemakers (Jana and Jessa) are the ones still doing what JB says. While the ones constantly eager to please as kids (Jill and Jinger) are now the ones living lives JB doesn’t approve of. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isn’t it funny how the childhood troublemakers (Jana and Jessa) are the ones still doing what JB says. While the ones constantly eager to please as kids (Jill and Jinger) are now the ones living lives JB doesn’t approve of. 

And the ones that married men, albeit religious men, who did not grow up in that isolationist bubble. Can you imagine the moment when Jill and Jinger  realized that you can be a Jesus servant, kind, hard working, not an axe murderer, but go to school, travel alone, have a beer and make your own independent, adult decisions? Holy Moly what a mind screw.

Like the outside world was not conspiring against you, wow!  What a novel concept.

• Upvote 16

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And the ones that married men, albeit religious men, who did not grow up in that isolationist bubble. Can you imagine the moment when Jill and Jinger  realized that you can be a Jesus servant, kind, hard working, not an axe murderer, but go to school, travel alone, have a beer and make your own independent, adult decisions? Holy Moly what a mind screw.

Like the outside world was not conspiring against you, wow!  What a novel concept.

JB likely allowed those marriages because Jinger and Jill never rebelled or gave him a bit of trouble growing up. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

JB likely allowed those marriages because Jinger and Jill never rebelled or gave him a bit of trouble growing up. 

Then he is a bigger doofus than I thought! HE was their headships, so really it’s all on him.

• Upvote 4

Just now, SassyPants said:

Then he is a bigger doofus than I thought! HE was their headships, so really it’s all on him.

I bet he thought he could keep controlling them after marriage. That’s what’s shown in Jill’s book. That he thought Jill was so easy to manipulate that when she said no, he was genuinely surprised and totally pissed. 

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet he thought he could keep controlling them after marriage. That’s what’s shown in Jill’s book. That he thought Jill was so easy to manipulate that when she said no, he was genuinely surprised and totally pissed. 

This guy has been brainwashed. His level of what he thinks he needs to control has no limits. He needs to get some help. Just look at how much money he gave to the Dillards. He buys (or attempts to buy off) grown adults with children of their own. It’s like he’s running a little fiefdom. He must have huge secrets that he wants to protect, forever.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

This guy has been brainwashed. His level of what he thinks he needs to control has no limits. He needs to get some help. Just look at how much money he gave to the Dillards. He buys (or attempts to buy off) grown adults with children of their own. It’s like he’s running a little fiefdom. He must have huge secrets that he wants to protect, forever.

Yeah, controlling is so much a part of his personality, he even thought he had a say-so in Josh’s court case about not allowing certain facts into the trial. I so, so loved the judge putting JB in his place, saying something like, “if there’s a ruling to be made here, it won’t be by you.” 

• Upvote 17

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The childhood trouble makers probably received more “encouragement” beatings which will have effected them in adulthood. 

I was the one labeled a troublemaker and my parents’ response fucked me up well into adulthood. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Like lying to the IRS and falsifying tax documents about how much he paid his daughter and son-in-law? I hope for his sake that never gets out. Ooops! 

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

The childhood trouble makers probably received more “encouragement” beatings which will have effected them in adulthood. 

I was the one labeled a troublemaker and my parents’ response fucked me up well into adulthood. 

Like lying to the IRS and falsifying tax documents about how much he paid his daughter and son-in-law? I hope for his sake that never gets out. Ooops! 

I was the bad one when I was little and then the good one as a teenager. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was the bad one when I was little and then the good one as a teenager. 

I was the bad one always though the majority of my “bad” behavior was related to having a learning disability my parents were aware of but chose not to get me adequate treatment for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 13

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always wondered and wondered even more so after reading... if children are meant to remain faithfully obedient to their parents even after marriage, which set of parents wins over the other if there's a conflict for some reason where a married couple has one set of parents giving input one way and another set of parents going the other way.

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I always wondered and wondered even more so after reading... if children are meant to remain faithfully obedient to their parents even after marriage, which set of parents wins over the other if there's a conflict for some reason where a married couple has one set of parents giving input one way and another set of parents going the other way.

The Duggar set

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I was the bad one always though the majority of my “bad” behavior was related to having a learning disability my parents were aware of but chose not to get me adequate treatment for. 

I was the bad one too. Never on purpose; I just couldn't understand craziness. I will never, ever forget my younger sister hissing, "Don't make mom mad". That was never my intention. But it *was* the basis of a whole lot of hell.

• Love 5

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

The Duggar set

Well yes, but I meant more generally. Like if neither set was Duggars. If IBLP Parent Set A said X and IBLP Parent Set B said Y... who do they listen to?

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Well yes, but I meant more generally. Like if neither set was Duggars. If IBLP Parent Set A said X and IBLP Parent Set B said Y... who do they listen to?

I wonder if that didn't have anything to do with the Duggar/Caldwell rift. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, viii said:

I wonder if that didn't have anything to do with the Duggar/Caldwell rift. 

My guess is that it was about what the church would do during the pandemic, rather than anything to do with the very docile Joe and Kendra. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My 2 cents on this: The eager-to-please-ones are the ones that are really insecure. The troublemakers are either more secure in their attachment (they can 'afford' to rebel) or they're beyond caring. The eager-to-please-ones are not being "good" or trying to please for the sake of it, but because they so desperately need their parents' approval, or they're too scared of losing it. And yet they never get what they're after.
Which, I guess, ultimately 'helps' to bring them to the moment when they're waking up. Cognitive dissonance creeps in, maybe even some resentment. At some point the hypocrisy is too much to bear. And in the end they might decide, that they really haven't anything to loose, because they never had their parent's approval in the first place. Which makes you more radical in your actions. And the sibs who were more "troublesome" might not even notice the hypocrisy and the cognitive dissonance that goes with it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:08 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It might not be the report card we think it is. Keep in mind some of them live at home and/or are financially dependent on Jim Bob. They may be doing what they have to do in order to survive. 

I found it interesting that James went to Derick’s convocation. Attachment to his sister mom, a bleep you to his dad or an « I’m on your side? » he has horrible beliefs but may be another one to watch. Jackson is potentially another dark horse. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why was Jana a troublemaker? I didn't see much evidence of that.

On 9/13/2023 at 3:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am not sure how Jeremy slipped through, but Derrick showed signs of being a good JB fanboy early on, which likely gave JB a false sense of security.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic