IGNORED

Seewalds 48: Homophobia Now Mixed With Hypocrisy

nelliebelle1197

I have a few Pampered Chef knives that come with a sharpener/case. I adore them (but they don’t carry them anymore).

I threw a FB party for a friend and her jewelry party- once. Beyond that I hate seeing my friends JUST to sell them stuff and I always decline.(attendance or hosting- hard pass)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That is what I have, the rubber bowl grabbers. I found them so hard to use. 

They do take getting used to.  I am still afraid I will drop my soup bowl over the place and scald myself.

Speaking of MLMs, how about Silpada?  I loved their jewelry but used to buy the pieces on Ebay from consultants who were selling off their demos or at craft fairs when ex-Silpada consultants set up to get rid of the inventory.  That's when you got the deals. 

It's still around and you can buy the pieces online-I bought a necklace a couple of years back online-but I don't think the quality of the pieces is like it used to be.    

32 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

They do take getting used to.  I am still afraid I will drop my soup bowl over the place and scald myself.

Speaking of MLMs, how about Silpada?  I loved their jewelry but used to buy the pieces on Ebay from consultants who were selling off their demos or at craft fairs when ex-Silpada consultants set up to get rid of the inventory.  That's when you got the deals. 

It's still around and you can buy the pieces online-I bought a necklace a couple of years back online-but I don't think the quality of the pieces is like it used to be.    

I like Silpada stuff.

• I Agree 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:10 AM, Meggo said:

I have a few Pampered Chef knives that come with a sharpener/case. I adore them (but they don’t carry them anymore).

I threw a FB party for a friend and her jewelry party- once. Beyond that I hate seeing my friends JUST to sell them stuff and I always decline.(attendance or hosting- hard pass)

I have their apple peeler/slicer. Works brilliantly for crisps and pies. I picked it up at a church rummage sale for a few dollars, though, since I knew how well a family member's worked.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said on the other thread, I knew she would eventually announce. She can’t stay off of social media too long. She has to make money somehow. I’m sure Ben doesn’t make enough to support 5 kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

The entirety of her announcement was a shot of the pee stick on the vanity. No due date was given. The rest of the video, which I admittedly FFwd my way through with occasional stops, was about a vacation Ben and Jessa took without the kids to Destin. Boring shit.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Finally, since she can't hide it anymore. Glad to see she's doing better this time. Have they moved into a bigger home yet?

They did like a year ago

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Does it have enough room for 7 people?

They're Fundy. They don't worry about enough room. You just squeeze in the extras. Two in a bed? No problem. Two or three bunk beds in the room? Great! That will hold 8 to 12 kids.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

Of course she breaks the news after the People article from Jill.

I bet she saves the due date and gender reveal for the book release itself and the inevitable articles following.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I bet she saves the due date and gender reveal for the book release itself and the inevitable articles following.

100%. 

She’s following orders from Jim Bob and I bet he has all sorts of tricks up his sleeves. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, viii said:

100%. 

She’s following orders from Jim Bob and I bet he has all sorts of tricks up his sleeves. 

I would not be surprised if he tried to convince Joe and Josiah to post a family update the coming week.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Well, we will probably get a very clear picture about who is still attached by the umbilical cordpurse strings, family “love” to JB by the articles posted by the various “J” males around book release date.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

@Mrs Ms I’m expecting Jed to be first - and I wouldn’t be surprised if Jessa is trying to score a US weekly interview about her pregnancy- I doubt the interest is there though.

It will be interesting to see if the Vuolos acknowledge the book, given how easy they went on JB and M in Jinger’s. 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Well, we will probably get a very clear picture about who is still attached by the umbilical cordpurse strings, family “love” to JB by the articles posted by the various “J” males around book release date.

I wonder which, if any, of Jill’s siblings will actually read her book. 
I hope that some do and that seeds are sown enabling them to start to distance themselves from JB

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Does it have enough room for 7 people?

Yes. It’s a 4 bedroom home. She also (so far at least) keeps the babies/toddlers  in the room with them for quite awhile. 

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don’t really put much stock in this. Just in a regular size family it can be hard to manage sharing good or bad news without overshadowing or impacting someone else’s loss  or celebration.  With a family that gigantic it would be almost impossible. 

53 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t really put much stock in this. Just in a regular size family it can be hard to manage sharing good or bad news without overshadowing or impacting someone else’s loss  or celebration.  With a family that gigantic it would be almost impossible. 

Oh I think they were strategic with this one. Jessa’s been pregnant for quite awhile as we all saw a couple weeks ago from photos at some event. She could have announced awhile ago but nah.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Jill's book was supposed to be released in January 2024. I think Jessa had planned to keep her pregnancy a secret and then surprise everyone with a new baby to try to steal attention from the book. But since they move the release date up, she had to post the pee stick video. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

Jill's book was supposed to be released in January 2024. I think Jessa had planned to keep her pregnancy a secret and then surprise everyone with a new baby to try to steal attention from the book. But since they move the release date up, she had to post the pee stick video. 

I don’t think so. Judging by the pictures she will give birth in fall already. No way she could keep it a secret that she had another baby for a few months.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Here's my best guess: 

Team JB 100%: Jed, Jessa, Jana, Jason, James. (And Josh, but just because he has no other option)

Leaning JB: Joy, Jer, John, Joe

Maybe somewhat on the fence: Jinger, Justin

Wildcard: Josiah

We don't know enough about the younger ones (Jackson and those younger than him), so I'm not including them. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Yes. It’s a 4 bedroom home. She also (so far at least) keeps the babies/toddlers  in the room with them for quite awhile. 

Agreed. My husband’s Irish twin brother has 3 daughters. They are each 4 years apart from the previous/next sister. In the last 10 years there have been 3 weddings, 6 births (#7 due any day) and 1 divorce. Literally, as soon as 1 sister announced a wedding or pregnancy, within 2 months, another one announced a life changing event. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Cam said:

Oh I think they were strategic with this one. Jessa’s been pregnant for quite awhile as we all saw a couple weeks ago from photos at some event. She could have announced awhile ago but nah.

If she’d announced awhile ago it would have been at the same time as the “Happy Shiny People”  documentary release, or Jill’s book release announcement, or interviews / news stories about either of those. And then the book will be out and getting lots of press.  She always waits to announce until she’s pretty far along, and given  her last pregnancy,  it’s even more likely she wouldn’t want the news out there quickly. She’s now very visibly pregnant. Pictures were in the public, an announcement seemed inevitable if she’s due in the next few months. 

It will be interesting to see if she does a reaction to the book at all. My guess is she won’t directly address it, but will do some posts that show her with her family in neutral situations, and liking or commenting on Jill’s non book related social media. Like the kids playing over at the Big House. Or saying Jill’s latest hairstyle is cute. But will get aggressive in comments if someone pisses her off. 

• Upvote 1

I agree, I don’t think this is malicious timing on Jessa’s part to overshadow Jill. She also shared it the weekend before the book release, not the same day like Jed and Kathy and the documentary.  Jessa has also been shown to have a good relationship with Jill (she was the only sibling at her baby shower for example). Do I think she is under Jb’s financial thumb? Yes, but I also think she and Jill are close and this was not meant to strike out at Jill. She also typically announces her pregnancies later so it’s not like this late announcement is completely out of character. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic